Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Flnb
Description: filamin, beta
Alias: AL024016, Fln-b, filamin-B, ABP-280-like protein, actin binding protein 278, actin-binding-like protein, beta-filamin
- Hu J, Lu J, Lian G, Zhang J, Hecht J, Sheen V. Filamin B regulates chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation through Cdk1 signaling. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89352 pubmed publisherHumans who harbor loss of function mutations in the actin-associated filamin B (FLNB) gene develop spondylocarpotarsal syndrome (SCT), a disorder characterized by dwarfism (delayed bone formation) and premature fusion of the vertebral, ..
- Lynch C, Gauthier N, Biais N, Lazar A, Roca Cusachs P, Yu C, et al. Filamin depletion blocks endoplasmic spreading and destabilizes force-bearing adhesions. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1263-73 pubmed publisher..Indeed, shRNA-mediated knockdown of FlnA in FlnB(-/-) mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) causes a novel endoplasmic spreading deficiency as detected by endoplasmic ..
- Folgueras A, Guo X, Pasolli H, Stokes N, Polak L, Zheng D, et al. Architectural niche organization by LHX2 is linked to hair follicle stem cell function. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:314-27 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that niche organization underlies the requirement for LHX2 in hair follicle structure and function. ..
- Lian G, Dettenhofer M, Lu J, Downing M, Chenn A, Wong T, et al. Filamin A- and formin 2-dependent endocytosis regulates proliferation via the canonical Wnt pathway. Development. 2016;143:4509-4520 pubmed..These studies provide evidence for integration of actin-associated processes in directing neuroepithelial proliferation. ..
- Hu J, Lu J, Goyal A, Wong T, Lian G, Zhang J, et al. Opposing FlnA and FlnB interactions regulate RhoA activation in guiding dynamic actin stress fiber formation and cell spreading. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1294-1304 pubmed publisher..To investigate the roles of different filamin isoforms, we focused on FlnA and FlnB interactions in the cartilage growth plate, since mutations in both molecules cause chondrodysplasias...
- Hu J, Lu J, Lian G, Ferland R, Dettenhofer M, Sheen V. Formin 1 and filamin B physically interact to coordinate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation in the growth plate. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:4663-73 pubmed publisherb>Filamin B (FlnB) is an actin-binding protein thought to transduce signals from various membrane receptors and intracellular proteins onto the actin cytoskeleton...
- Kanaji T, Ware J, Okamura T, Newman P. GPIb? regulates platelet size by controlling the subcellular localization of filamin. Blood. 2012;119:2906-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that coordinated expression of GPIb? and filamin is required for efficient trafficking of either protein to the cell surface, and for production of normal-sized platelets. ..
- Saba L, Bhave S, Grahame N, Bice P, Lapadat R, Belknap J, et al. Candidate genes and their regulatory elements: alcohol preference and tolerance. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:669-88 pubmed
- Sheen V, Feng Y, Graham D, Takafuta T, Shapiro S, Walsh C. Filamin A and Filamin B are co-expressed within neurons during periods of neuronal migration and can physically interact. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:2845-54 pubmed..Here we characterize expression patterns for FlnA and a highly homologous protein Filamin B (FlnB) within the nervous system, in order to better understand their potential roles in cortical development...