Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ficolin A
Description: ficolin A
Alias: Fcn1, ficolin-1, M-ficolin, collagen/fibrinogen domain-containing protein 1, ficolin-alpha
Products: ficolin A
- Endo Y, Nakazawa N, Iwaki D, Takahashi M, Matsushita M, Fujita T. Interactions of ficolin and mannose-binding lectin with fibrinogen/fibrin augment the lectin complement pathway. J Innate Immun. 2010;2:33-42 pubmed publisher..An ELISA revealed that recombinant mouse ficolin A (rFcnA), rMBL-A and rMBL-C bind to fibrinogen in a dose-dependent manner...
- Banda N, Takahashi M, Takahashi K, Stahl G, Hyatt S, Glogowska M, et al. Mechanisms of mannose-binding lectin-associated serine proteases-1/3 activation of the alternative pathway of complement. Mol Immunol. 2011;49:281-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MASP-1 does not require binding to MBL-A, MBL-C, or FCN-A to activate the AP. MASP-1 may cleave pro-Df into mature Df through binding to FCN-B or to an unknown protein, or may function as an unbound soluble protein. ..
- Luo F, Sun X, Wang Y, Wang Q, Wu Y, Pan Q, et al. Ficolin-2 defends against virulent Mycobacteria tuberculosis infection in vivo, and its insufficiency is associated with infection in humans. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73859 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a new immunotherapeutic strategy against TB based on the innate immune molecule ficolin-2 and indicate that ficolin-2 insufficiency is associated with higher susceptibility to infection in humans. ..
- Ding Q, Shen Y, Li D, Yang J, Yu J, Yin Z, et al. Ficolin-2 triggers antitumor effect by activating macrophages and CD8+ T cells. Clin Immunol. 2017;183:145-157 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new therapeutic strategy for tumors based on the triggering of immune-mediated antitumor effect by ficolin-2. ..
- Endo Y, Nakazawa N, Liu Y, Iwaki D, Takahashi M, Fujita T, et al. Carbohydrate-binding specificities of mouse ficolin A, a splicing variant of ficolin A and ficolin B and their complex formation with MASP-2 and sMAP. Immunogenetics. 2005;57:837-44 pubmed..Two types of ficolins have been identified in mice, ficolin A, and ficolin B. However, their structure and function are not fully understood...
- Hummelshøj T, Ma Y, Munthe Fog L, Bjarnsholt T, Moser C, Skjoedt M, et al. The interaction pattern of murine serum ficolin-A with microorganisms. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38196 pubmed publisher..In contrast, ficolin-3 did not bind to any of the investigated microorganisms and the anti-microbial role of ficolin-3 still remains elusive. ..
- Ali Y, Lynch N, Haleem K, Fujita T, Endo Y, Hansen S, et al. The lectin pathway of complement activation is a critical component of the innate immune response to pneumococcal infection. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002793 pubmed publisher..Using sera from mice and humans with defined complement deficiencies, we demonstrate that mouse ficolin A, human L-ficolin, and collectin 11 in both species, but not mannan-binding lectin (MBL), are the pattern ..
- Bidula S, Kenawy H, Ali Y, Sexton D, Schwaeble W, Schelenz S. Role of ficolin-A and lectin complement pathway in the innate defense against pathogenic Aspergillus species. Infect Immun. 2013;81:1730-40 pubmed publisher..However, it appears that other immune pattern recognition molecules, i.e., those of the collectin MBL-C, are involved in the Aspergillus-lectin complement pathway activation rather than ficolin-A. ..