Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgfr4
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor 4
Alias: Fgfr-4, CTLA-2-beta protein, fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 16 minus form, protein-tyrosine kinase receptor MPK-11
- Tissue-specific expression of betaKlotho and fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor isoforms determines metabolic activity of FGF19 and FGF21Hiroshi Kurosu
Departments of Pathology and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 282:26687-95. 2007..Additionally, both FGF19 and FGF21 bind to the betaKlotho-FGFR4 complex; however, only FGF19 signals efficiently through FGFR4...
- Elevated cholesterol metabolism and bile acid synthesis in mice lacking membrane tyrosine kinase receptor FGFR4C Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3303, USA
J Biol Chem 275:15482-9. 2000Heparan sulfate-regulated transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptor FGFR4 is the major FGFR isotype in mature hepatocytes...
- betaKlotho is required for fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 21 signaling through FGF receptor (FGFR) 1c and FGFR3cMasashi Suzuki
Signaling Molecules Research Laboratory, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Central 6, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 22:1006-14. 2008..It is thus suggested that betaKlotho expression is a crucial determinant of the FGF21 specificity of the target cells upon which it acts in an endocrine fashion...
- Resident hepatocyte fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 limits hepatocarcinogenesisXinqiang Huang
Center for Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:553-62. 2009..Of the FGF receptor (FGFR) isotypes, FGFR4 is the sole resident isotype present in mature parenchymal hepatocytes...
- FGFR4 prevents hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance but underlies high-fat diet induced fatty liverXinqiang Huang
Center for Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, 2121 W Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Diabetes 56:2501-10. 2007..The objective was to determine the role of FGFR4, an isotype that has been proposed to mediate an ileal FGF15/19 to hepatocyte FGFR4 axis in cholesterol ..
- FGF23 decreases renal NaPi-2a and NaPi-2c expression and induces hypophosphatemia in vivo predominantly via FGF receptor 1Jyothsna Gattineni
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F282-91. 2009..three FGFRs mediates FGF23's hypophosphatemic actions, we characterized phosphate homeostasis in FGFR3(-/-) and FGFR4(-/-) null mice, and in conditional FGFR1(-/-) mice, with targeted deletion of FGFR1 expression in the metanephric ..
- FGF19-induced hepatocyte proliferation is mediated through FGFR4 activationXinle Wu
Amgen, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 285:5165-70. 2010..We find that although both are able to activate FGF receptors (FGFRs) 1c, 2c, and 3c, only FGF19 activates FGFR4, the predominant receptor in the liver...
- Regulation of serum 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D3 levels by fibroblast growth factor 23 is mediated by FGF receptors 3 and 4Jyothsna Gattineni
Dept of Pediatrics, U T Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F371-7. 2011..To determine the FGFRs regulating 1,25(OH)(2)Vitamin D(3) levels, we studied FGFR3(-/-)FGFR4(-/-) mice as these mice have shortened life span and are growth retarded similar to FGF23(-/-) and Klotho(-/-) ..
- FGF15/19 regulates hepatic glucose metabolism by inhibiting the CREB-PGC-1α pathwayMatthew J Potthoff
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Cell Metab 13:729-38. 2011..Overexpression of PGC-1α blocks the inhibitory effect of FGF15/19 on gluconeogenic gene expression. These results demonstrate that FGF15/19 works subsequent to insulin as a postprandial regulator of hepatic carbohydrate homeostasis...
- Selective activation of FGFR4 by an FGF19 variant does not improve glucose metabolism in ob/ob miceXinle Wu
Amgen Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14379-84. 2009..was essential for FGF19 interaction with FGFRs 1c, 2c, and 3c, but FGF19 was able to interact directly with FGFR4 in the absence of betaKlotho in a heparin-dependent manner...
- A single nucleotide change in the mouse genome accelerates breast cancer progressionNina Seitzer
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 85152 Martinsried, Germany
Cancer Res 70:802-12. 2010In the growth factor receptor gene FGFR4 the presence of the common single nucleotide polymorphism Arg388 has been associated with progression of various types of cancer including breast cancer...
- Targeted expression of a human pituitary tumor-derived isoform of FGF receptor-4 recapitulates pituitary tumorigenesisShereen Ezzat
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 109:69-78. 2002..the identification of a novel pituitary tumor-derived, N-terminally truncated isoform of FGF receptor-4 (ptd-FGFR4)...
- FGFR-3 and FGFR-4 function cooperatively to direct alveogenesis in the murine lungM Weinstein
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Metabolism, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, 10 Center Drive, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Development 125:3615-23. 1998..These data revealed a cooperative function of FGFR-3 and FGFR-4 to promote the formation of alveoli during postnatal lung development...
- Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouseAlexandra A Blak
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:1023-30. 2005..Fgfr3 expression is in contact with the Fgf8 expression domain only in the rostroventral hindbrain. Based on these findings, we postulate a role for FGFR2 and FGFR3 in FGF signaling in the ventral midbrain and hindbrain...
- Conditional knockdown of Fgfr2 in mice using Cre-LoxP induced RNA interferenceXavier Coumoul
Genetics of Development and Disease Branch, 10 9N105, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e102. 2005..This method provides a fast, yet efficient way to decipher gene functions in vivo in a tissue-specific manner...
- Bile acids decrease hepatic paraoxonase 1 expression and plasma high-density lipoprotein levels via FXR-mediated signaling of FGFR4Alejandra Gutierrez
Department of Biology and Heart Institute, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:301-6. 2006..The purpose of this research was to determine how dietary bile acids repress hepatic expression of paraoxonase 1 (PON1)...
- A TGFβ-Smad4-Fgf6 signaling cascade controls myogenic differentiation and myoblast fusion during tongue developmentDong Han
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Development 139:1640-50. 2012..of Smad4 results in a significant reduction in expression of several members of the FGF family, including Fgf6 and Fgfr4. Exogenous Fgf6 partially rescues the tongue myoblast fusion defect of Myf5-Cre;Smad4(flox/flox) mice...
- Differential specificity of endocrine FGF19 and FGF21 to FGFR1 and FGFR4 in complex with KLBChaofeng Yang
Center for Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33870. 2012..However, the identity of the predominant metabolic tissue in which a major FGFR-KLB resides that critically mediates the differential actions and metabolism effects of FGF19 and FGF21 remain unclear...
- MT1-MMP inactivates ADAM9 to regulate FGFR2 signaling and calvarial osteogenesisKui Ming Chan
Shenzhen Institute of Research and Innovation, The University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, China
Dev Cell 22:1176-90. 2012..These data reveal a regulatory paradigm for FGRF2 signaling and identify MT1-MMP as a critical negative modulator of ADAM9 activity to maintain FGFR2 signaling in calvarial osteogenesis...
- Fibroblast growth factor 15 functions as an enterohepatic signal to regulate bile acid homeostasisTakeshi Inagaki
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Cell Metab 2:217-25. 2005..the nuclear bile acid receptor FXR and represses Cyp7a1 in liver through a mechanism that involves FGF receptor 4 (FGFR4) and the orphan nuclear receptor SHP...
- A Sox9/Fgf feed-forward loop maintains pancreatic organ identityPhilip A Seymour
Departments of Pediatrics and Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0695, USA
Development 139:3363-72. 2012..This self-promoting Sox9/Fgf10/Fgfr2b loop may regulate cell identity and organ size in a broad spectrum of developmental and regenerative contexts...
- PAX3-FOXO1 and FGFR4 in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaAmy D Marshall
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Carcinog 51:807-15. 2012We and others have identified FGFR4 as a direct transcriptional target of the alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS) specific fusion protein, PAX3-FOXO1...
- FGF-dependent regulation of VEGF receptor 2 expression in miceMasahiro Murakami
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2668-78. 2011..Thus, basal FGF stimulation of the endothelium is required for maintenance of VEGFR2 expression and the ability to respond to VEGF stimulation and accounts for the hierarchic control of vascular formation by FGFs and VEGF...
- Fgfr4 is required for effective muscle regeneration in vivo. Delineation of a MyoD-Tead2-Fgfr4 transcriptional pathwayPo Zhao
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Biol Chem 281:429-38. 2006b>Fgfr4 has been shown to be important for appropriate muscle development in chick limb buds; however, Fgfr4 null mice show no phenotype...
- Forced expression of hepatocyte-specific fibroblast growth factor 21 delays initiation of chemically induced hepatocarcinogenesisXinqiang Huang
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:934-42. 2006..We propose that FGF21 may delay development of adenomas through activation of resident hepatocyte FGFR4 at early times, but counteracts the delay by acceleration of progression to HCC through interaction with ectopic ..
- Regulation of fibroblast growth factor-23 signaling by klothoHiroshi Kurosu
Department of Pathology, Pediatrics, and Internal Medicine and Applied Genomics, Genzyme Corporation, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 281:6120-3. 2006..Thus, Klotho functions as a cofactor essential for activation of FGF signaling by FGF23...
- FGF as a target-derived chemoattractant for developing motor axons genetically programmed by the LIM codeRyuichi Shirasaki
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Neuron 50:841-53. 2006..These results point to a role for FGF signaling in axon guidance and further unravel how downstream effectors of LIM codes direct wiring of the developing nervous system...
- Different thresholds of fibroblast growth factors pattern the ventral foregut into liver and lungAmanda E Serls
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, 1056 East 19th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Development 132:35-47. 2005..and selective inhibition of FGF receptors 1 and 4 present within the endoderm implies that signaling through FGFR4 is involved in specifying lung versus liver...
- Independent repression of bile acid synthesis and activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) by activated hepatocyte fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) and bile acidsChundong Yu
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center
J Biol Chem 280:17707-14. 2005..FGF receptor 4 (FGFR4) is the sole FGFR receptor kinase that is significantly expressed in mature hepatocytes...
- Six1 and Six4 homeoproteins are required for Pax3 and Mrf expression during myogenesis in the mouse embryoRaphaelle Grifone
Departement Genetique, Developpement et Pathologie Moleculaire, Institut Cochin INSERM 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Universite Paris V, 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques 75014 Paris, France
Development 132:2235-49. 2005..Early syndetomal expression of scleraxis is reduced in the Six1Six4 embryo, while the myotomal expression of Fgfr4 and Fgf8 but not Fgf4 and Fgf6 is maintained...
- Syndecan-4 dependent FGF stimulation of mouse vibrissae growthTokuro Iwabuchi
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mech Dev 123:831-41. 2006....
- Dusp6 (Mkp3) is a negative feedback regulator of FGF-stimulated ERK signaling during mouse developmentChaoying Li
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 N 2030 E RM 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Development 134:167-76. 2007....
- The fibroblast growth factor receptor-4 Arg388 allele is associated with gastric cancer progressionYanwei Ye
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Shanghai Cancer Center, Fu Dan University, Shanghai, China
Ann Surg Oncol 17:3354-61. 2010Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) Gly388Arg polymorphism, located in the FGFR4 gene exon 9, was reported to be associated with malignant tumors prognosis; however, there has been no relevant research for gastric cancer...
- FGF9 suppresses meiosis and promotes male germ cell fate in miceJosephine Bowles
Division of Molecular Genetics and Development, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Dev Cell 19:440-9. 2010....
- Expression patterns of FGF receptors in the developing mammalian cochleaToshinori Hayashi
Department of Biological Structure, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Dev Dyn 239:1019-26. 2010..5 through postnatal ages. We find that Fgfr1, 2, and 3 are expressed in the epithelium of the cochlear duct and Fgfr4 is limited in its expression to the mesenchyme surrounding the duct...
- WldS can delay Wallerian degeneration in mice when interaction with valosin-containing protein is weakenedB Beirowski
The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Laboratory of Molecular Signalling, Cambridge CB22 3AT, UK
Neuroscience 166:201-11. 2010..We suggest that either N16 has an additional, VCP-independent function in mammals, or that the phenotype requires only weak VCP binding which may be driven forwards in vivo by the high VCP concentration...
- The FGF system has a key role in regulating vascular integrityMasahiro Murakami
Angiogenesis Research Center and Section of Cardiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3355-66. 2008..Thus, FGF signaling plays a key role in the maintenance of vascular integrity...
- FGFR3 and FGFR4 do not mediate renal effects of FGF23Shiguang Liu
Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:2342-50. 2008..of the mouse kidney revealed that the proximal tubule expresses FGF receptor 3 (FGFR3) but not FGFR1, FGFR2, or FGFR4. Compared with wild-type mice, Hyp mice, which have elevated circulating levels of FGF23, exhibited low levels of ..
- Pax3 regulation of FGF signaling affects the progression of embryonic progenitor cells into the myogenic programMounia Lagha
CNRS URA 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, Pasteur Institute, 75015 Paris, France
Genes Dev 22:1828-37. 2008Pax3/7-dependent stem cells play an essential role in skeletal muscle development. We now show that Fgfr4 lies genetically downstream from Pax3 and is a direct target...
- FGFR4 and its novel splice form in myogenic cells: Interplay of glycosylation and tyrosine phosphorylationBoguslaw A Kwiatkowski
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Cell Physiol 215:803-17. 2008The family of fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) is encoded by four distinct genes. FGFR1 and FGFR4 are both expressed during myogenesis, but whereas the function of FGFR1 in myoblast proliferation has been documented, the role ..
- Transcription factor TEAD2 is involved in neural tube closureKotaro J Kaneko
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Genesis 45:577-87. 2007..These results reveal a maternal genetic contribution to neural tube closure, and suggest that Tead2-deficient mice provide a model for anencephaly, a common human birth defect that can be prevented by folic acid...
- The function of FGF signaling in the lens placodeClaudia M Garcia
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 351:176-85. 2011..Since the expression of proteins required for lens formation was not altered in the knockout placode cells, we can conclude that FGF signaling from the optic vesicle is not required for lens induction...
- Expression of FGFR-4 mRNA in developing mouse tissuesJ Korhonen
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Dev Biol 36:323-9. 1992..In addition, the developing metanephros contains FGFR-4 transcripts. These results suggest that FGFR-4 may be particularly important for the differentiation of skeletal muscle and endodermally derived organs...
- The expression of fibroblast growth factors and their receptors in the embryonic and neonatal mouse inner earJ O Pickles
Vision, Touch and Hearing Research Centre, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, 4072, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Hear Res 155:54-62. 2001..It is suggested that the different FGF receptors and ligands are expressed in a spatially coordinated pattern, to selectively program cochlear development...
- Expression of members of the Fgf family and their receptors during midfacial developmentM Bachler
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Mech Dev 100:313-6. 2001..5. In contrast to the restricted expression patterns of the ligands, FgfR1 and FgfR2 were broadly expressed in facial mesenchyme and ectoderm, respectively, indicating a wide competence of midfacial tissue to respond to FGF signaling...
- The murine gene, Traube, is essential for the growth of preimplantation embryosT Thomas
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, Goettingen, 37077, Germany
Dev Biol 227:324-42. 2000..This paucity of ribosomes together with the localization of TRB to the nucleoli, the site of ribosome synthesis, suggests that TRB is involved in the synthesis of ribosomes...
- Responsiveness of developing dental tissues to fibroblast growth factors: expression of splicing alternatives of FGFR1, -2, -3, and of FGFR4; and stimulation of cell proliferation by FGF-2, -4, -8, and -9P Kettunen
Developmental Biology Programme, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Genet 22:374-85. 1998..b>FGFR4 was not expressed in the developing teeth...
- Expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors in peri-implantation mouse embryosD A Rappolee
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lurie Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 51:254-64. 1998..The data suggest roles for FGFR-3 and FGFR-4 in peri-implantation development...
- Human and murine PTX1/Ptx1 gene maps to the region for Treacher Collins syndromeM J Crawford
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Quebec, Canada
Mamm Genome 8:841-5. 1997..Taken together with the craniofacial expression pattern of Ptx1 during early development, the localization of the gene in this chromosomal area is consistent with an involvement in Treacher Collins Franceschetti Syndrome...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR)-4, but not FGFR-3 is expressed in the pregnant ovaryE E Puscheck
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Medical School, Prentice Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 132:169-76. 1997..FGFR-3 mRNA is not detected in the ovary by in situ hybridization. These results suggest that FGFR-4 may play a role in mediating the effects of FGF ligands in follicular development in the ovary...
- FGF2 concentration regulates the generation of neurons and glia from multipotent cortical stem cellsX Qian
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Neuron 18:81-93. 1997....
- Activin and basic fibroblast growth factor regulate neurogenesis of murine embryonal carcinoma cellsR F Ameerun
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell Growth Differ 7:1679-88. 1996..These results strengthen the notion that activin and bFGF are important regulators of neurogenesis in the mammalian embryo...
- Cloning, RNA expression, and chromosomal location of a mouse histamine H2 receptor geneT Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Immunology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Genomics 37:390-4. 1996..A weak expression was also detected in liver. An interspecific backcross analysis revealed that the mouse H2R gene, designated Hrh2, was located in the central region of chromosome 13...
- Fibroblast growth factor signalling in the hair growth cycle: expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptor and ligand genes in the murine hair follicleT A Rosenquist
Department of Anatomy, University of California at San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Dev Dyn 205:379-86. 1996..hair matrix cells near the dermal papilla, Fgfr3 RNA in pre-cuticle cells in the periphery of the hair bulb, and Fgfr4 RNA in cells in the periphery of the hair bulb and also in the inner and outer root sheath in the lower half of ..
- Expression of the fibroblast growth factor family and their receptor family genes during mouse brain developmentK Ozawa
Cell Biology Laboratory, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Ibaraki, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 41:279-88. 1996..e., proliferation and migration of neuronal progenitor cells, neuron and glia differentiation, neurite extensions, and synapse formations...
- Characterization of the receptor for keratinocyte growth factor. Evidence for multiple fibroblast growth factor receptorsD P Bottaro
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 265:12767-70. 1990..However, these receptors are distinct from the receptor(s) for aFGF and bFGF on NIH/3T3 fibroblasts, which fail to interact with KGF...
- FGFR-4, a new member of the fibroblast growth factor receptor family, expressed in the definitive endoderm and skeletal muscle lineages of the mouseK L Stark
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 113:641-51. 1991..These results suggest that FGFR-4 is likely to have diverse roles in development, which may include regulation of definitive endoderm and skeletal muscle lineages...
- The mouse Fgfrl1 gene coding for a novel FGF receptor-like proteinM Wiedemann
M E Müller Institute, University of Bern, P O Box 30, CH 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1520:247-50. 2001..The gene for Fgfrl1 comprises six exons and is located on mouse chromosome 5 in close proximity to the Idua gene for L-iduronidase...
- Embryonic submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific protein localization of FGFs, BMPs, Pax6 and Pax9 in normal mice and abnormal SMG phenotypes in FgfR2-IIIc(+/Delta), BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) miceTina Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 170:83-98. 2002..Finally, our observations of abnormal SMGs in BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) indicate that both BMP7 and Pax6 play important roles during embryonic SMG branching morphogenesis...
- Laminar patterning in the developing neocortex by temporally coordinated fibroblast growth factor signalingHiroshi Hasegawa
Neural Organization Research Team, Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology, Japan Science and Technology, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosci 24:8711-9. 2004....
- Regulation of external genitalia development by concerted actions of FGF ligands and FGF receptorsYoshihiko Satoh
Center for Animal Resources and Development, Graduate School of Molecular and Genomic Pharmacy, Kumamoto University, 860 0811 Kumamoto, Japan
Anat Embryol (Berl) 208:479-86. 2004..Therefore, FGF10/FGFR2IIIb signals seem to constitute a developmental cascade for such morphogenesis...
- Fgf9 induces proliferation and nuclear localization of FGFR2 in Sertoli precursors during male sex determinationJennifer Schmahl
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Development 131:3627-36. 2004..The nuclear localization of FGFR2 coincides with the initiation of Sry expression and the nuclear localization of SOX9 during the early differentiation of Sertoli cells and the determination of male fate...
- Mad3 and Mad4: novel Max-interacting transcriptional repressors that suppress c-myc dependent transformation and are expressed during neural and epidermal differentiationP J Hurlin
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
EMBO J 14:5646-59. 1995....
- Sprouty proteins regulate ureteric branching by coordinating reciprocal epithelial Wnt11, mesenchymal Gdnf and stromal Fgf7 signalling during kidney developmentLijun Chi
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Biochemistry, Faculties of Science and Medicine, University of Oulu, PO Box 3000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Development 131:3345-56. 2004..Together, these data suggest that Spry genes contribute to reciprocal epithelial-mesenchymal and stromal signalling controlling ureteric branching, which involves the coordination of Ffg/Wnt11/Gdnf pathways...
- Immunohistochemical study of genesis of the mouse oral vestibuleShunji Kumabe
Department of Oral Anatomy, Osaka Dental University, 8 1, Kuzuhahanazono cho, Hirakata shi, Osaka 573 1121, Japan
Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn 80:93-102. 2003....
- Expression of mouse fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor genes during early inner ear developmentTracy J Wright
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5330, USA
Dev Dyn 228:267-72. 2003..members of the Fgf family, Fgf4 and Fgf16, and all three tested members of the Fgfr family, Fgfr2c, Fgfr3c, and Fgfr4, were expressed in tissues relevant to inner ear development...
- Temporal and spatial expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 isoforms in murine tissuesSimon M Cool
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Histochem J 34:291-7. 2002..reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction and immunochemistry to assess the changes in expression of FGFR4 as compared to its FGFR4-17a and -17b isoforms in mouse tissues, from early embryogenesis through to adulthood...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptors as molecular targets in thyroid carcinomaRosanne St Bernard
Department of Pathology, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 146:1145-53. 2005..These data indicate a role for FGFR-4 in human thyroid cancer cell progression and provide a rationale for FGFR manipulation as a potentially novel therapeutic approach...
- Gene expression profiles of mouse submandibular gland development: FGFR1 regulates branching morphogenesis in vitro through BMP- and FGF-dependent mechanismsMatthew P Hoffman
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, MSC 4370, Bethesda, MD 20892 4370, USA
Development 129:5767-78. 2002..Taken together, our results suggest specific FGFs and BMPs play reciprocal roles in regulating branching morphogenesis and FGFR1 signaling plays a central role by regulating both FGF and BMP expression...
- Variant heparan sulfates synthesized in developing mouse brain differentially regulate FGF signalingMiriam Ford-Perriss
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3052
Glycobiology 12:721-7. 2002....
- Differential expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors in the developing murine choroid plexusSarah Reid
Developmental Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, UCL, 30, Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 141:15-24. 2003..5 by RT-PCR. We show here that FGFR1 and FGFR4 are expressed in murine CPs at E12.5 but not at E15.5 or E18...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) expression in newborn murine calvaria and primary osteoblast culturesSimon Cool
School of Biomedical Sciences, Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Dev Biol 46:519-23. 2002..Although mutations in FGFR1, 2, and 3 genes are known to cause skeletal deformities, the expression of FGFR4 in bony tissue remains unclear...
- Mapping of murine fibroblast growth factor receptors refines regions of homology between mouse and human chromosomesK B Avraham
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702
Genomics 21:656-8. 1994The genes for the fibroblast growth factor receptors Fgfr2, Fgfr3, and Fgfr4 have been mapped in the mouse using an interspecific backcross mapping panel...
- Expression of the Fgf6 gene is restricted to developing skeletal muscle in the mouse embryoO Delapeyriere
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, U 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Development 118:601-11. 1993..5 days post-conceptus. Fgfr4 is a putative receptor for FGF6...
- Localization of FGF-6 and FGFR-4 during prenatal and early postnatal development of the mouse sublingual glandToshitomo Uehara
Nihon University Graduate School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
J Oral Sci 48:9-14. 2006..These findings suggest that FGF-6/FGFR-4 might be involved in the changes of secretory granule content of acinar cells in the sublingual gland during the late gestational and early neonatal stages...
- Fgf20 is required for sensory epithelial specification in the developing cochleaToshinori Hayashi
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center and Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Neurosci 28:5991-9. 2008..Our results thus define the period of FGF-dependent sensory cell specification and the ligand that mediates this step in cochlear development...
- Overlapping expression and redundant activation of mesenchymal fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptors by alternatively spliced FGF-8 ligandsA G Blunt
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3733-8. 1997..These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that the multiple FGF-8 isoforms are functionally redundant and function to signal in paracrine (epithelial to mesenchymal) contexts...
- The transition from radial glial to intermediate progenitor cell is inhibited by FGF signaling during corticogenesisWenfei Kang
Departments of Neuroscience and Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 29:14571-80. 2009..The proliferation rate of progenitors themselves, however, is unchanged. These results indicate that FGFs normally repress the radial glia to progenitor cell transition during corticogenesis...
- A quantitative method for evaluation of FGF family and FGF receptor family gene expression by RT-PCRK Ozawa
Cell Biology Laboratory, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Ibaraki, Japan
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 1:211-6. 1997....
- Integration of FGF and TWIST in calvarial bone and suture developmentD P Rice
Institute of Biotechnology and Institute of Dentistry, PO Box 56, Finland
Development 127:1845-55. 2000..and suture development, we have performed detailed expression analysis of the splicing variants of Fgfr1-Fgfr3 and Fgfr4, as well as their potential ligand Fgf2...
- Altered expressions of fibroblast growth factor receptors and alveolarization in neonatal mice exposed to 85% oxygenMin Soo Park
Department of Pediatrics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatr Res 62:652-7. 2007..The temporally and spatially specific alterations in the expressions of FGFR-3, FGFR-4, and FGF-7 in the mice exposed to hyperoxia may contribute to aberrant lung development...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-4 splice variants cause deletion of a critical tyrosineW R van Heumen
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
IUBMB Life 48:73-8. 1999We have identified two novel isoforms of fibroblast growth factor receptor-4 (FGFR4). They result from alternative splicing of intron 17. Two transcripts, both slightly larger than the one coding for the known mouse FGFR4, are generated...
- Identification and functional characterization of the human and murine fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 promotersM Becker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, J W Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt, 60590, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:493-501. 2000..To study the transcriptional control, we isolated and characterized the promoter of human FGFR4. Two transcription initiation sites were identified...
- Distinct transcriptional control and action of fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 in differentiating skeletal muscle cellsShunJiang Yu
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and University of Toronto, The Freeman Centre for Endocrine Oncology and The Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lab Invest 84:1571-80. 2004..signaling promotes myoblast proliferation and represses myogenic differentiation, one of the FGF receptors (FGFR), FGFR4, is expressed mainly in mature skeletal muscle...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4, implicated in progression of islet cell carcinogenesis by its expression profile, does not contribute functionallyD C Olson
Hormone Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0534, USA
Cell Growth Differ 9:557-64. 1998Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) gene expression is activated in late-stage beta-cell tumors that develop in transgenic mice harboring SV40 large T antigen (Tag) gene that is under the transcriptional control of the insulin ..
- FGF8 is required for cell survival at distinct stages of nephrogenesis and for regulation of gene expression in nascent nephronsUta Grieshammer
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 132:3847-57. 2005..Thus, unlike other FGF family members, which regulate growth and branching morphogenesis of the collecting duct system, Fgf8 encodes a factor essential for gene regulation and cell survival at distinct steps in nephrogenesis...
- Gene Regulatory Signals for Beta Cell DevelopmentKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2007..By sharing technology and information from our work with the BCBC, our basic developmental studies will be more rapidly translated to develop cures for diabetes ..
- TRANS-ACTING FACTORS CAUSING CELL SPECIFIC GENE CONTROLKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will apply to diverse developmental contexts and adult pathologies, and enable rational approaches to differentiate proeenitor and stem cell populations for cell-based tissue therapies and research. ..
- Gene Regulatory Signals for Beta Cell DevelopmentKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2007..Bysharing technology and information from our work with the BCBC, our basic developmental studies will be more rapidly translated to develop cures for diabetes. ..