Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgfr1
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor 1
Alias: AW208770, Eask, FGFR-I, FLG, Fgfr-1, Flt-2, Hspy, MFR, bFGF-R-1, c-fgr, fibroblast growth factor receptor 1, basic fibroblast growth factor receptor 1, proto-oncogene c-Fgr
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning and expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 isoforms in the mouse heart: evidence for isoform switching during heart developmentY Jin
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Mol Cell Cardiol 26:1449-59. 1994..The bFGF receptor-1 FGFR1) exists in short and long isoforms due to alternate RNA splicing...
- Hush puppy: a new mouse mutant with pinna, ossicle, and inner ear defectsHenry Pau
MRC Institute of Hearing Research, University Park, Nottingham, UK
Laryngoscope 115:116-24. 2005..Furthermore, the authors investigated where the mutation responsible for these defects was located in the mouse genome...
- FGF18 is required for normal cell proliferation and differentiation during osteogenesis and chondrogenesisNorihiko Ohbayashi
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Genes Dev 16:870-9. 2002..Conversely, chondrocyte proliferation and the number of differentiated chondrocytes are increased. Therefore, FGF18 appears to regulate cell proliferation and differentiation positively in osteogenesis and negatively in chondrogenesis...
- Genome-wide, large-scale production of mutant mice by ENU mutagenesisM H Hrabe de Angelis
Institute of Experimental Genetics, GSF Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Nat Genet 25:444-7. 2000..Our mutant lines are freely accessible to non-commercial users (for information, see http://www.gsf.de/ieg/groups/enu-mouse.html)...
- Conditional inactivation of FGF receptor 2 reveals an essential role for FGF signaling in the regulation of osteoblast function and bone growthKai Yu
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Development 130:3063-74. 2003..Although differentiation of the osteoblast lineage was not disturbed, the proliferation of osteoprogenitors and the anabolic function of mature osteoblasts were severely affected...
- Responsiveness of developing dental tissues to fibroblast growth factors: expression of splicing alternatives of FGFR1, -2, -3, and of FGFR4; and stimulation of cell proliferation by FGF-2, -4, -8, and -9P Kettunen
Developmental Biology Programme, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Genet 22:374-85. 1998..The expression patterns of FGFR1 -2, and -3 were completely different, and the two splicing variants of FGFR1 and 2 exhibited different expression ..
- S100B protein regulates myoblast proliferation and differentiation by activating FGFR1 in a bFGF-dependent mannerFrancesca Riuzzi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences and Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Cell Sci 124:2389-400. 2011..that S100B increases and/or stabilizes the binding of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) to bFGF receptor 1 (FGFR1) by interacting with bFGF, thereby enhancing FGFR1 activation and the mitogenic and anti-myogenic effects of FGFR1...
- Fibroblast growth factor signalling in the hair growth cycle: expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptor and ligand genes in the murine hair follicleT A Rosenquist
Department of Anatomy, University of California at San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Dev Dyn 205:379-86. 1996..During anagen, we detected Fgfr1 RNA in the dermal papilla, Fgfr2 RNA in hair matrix cells near the dermal papilla, Fgfr3 RNA in pre-cuticle cells ..
- Angiopoietins 3 and 4: diverging gene counterparts in mice and humansD M Valenzuela
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1904-9. 1999..Angiopoietin-3 and angiopoietin-4 have very different distributions in their respective species, and angiopoietin-3 appears to act as an antagonist, whereas angiopoietin-4 appears to function as an agonist...
- Syndecan-3 and syndecan-4 specifically mark skeletal muscle satellite cells and are implicated in satellite cell maintenance and muscle regenerationD D Cornelison
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Dev Biol 239:79-94. 2001....
- Fibroblast growth factor 10 is required for survival and proliferation but not differentiation of intestinal epithelial progenitor cells during murine colon developmentFrederic G Sala
UMR144 CNRS Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Dev Biol 299:373-85. 2006..Our work unravels for the first time the pivotal role of FGF10 in the survival and proliferation of the colonic epithelium, biological activities which are essential for colonic crypt formation...
- FGF signaling acts upstream of the NOTCH and WNT signaling pathways to control segmentation clock oscillations in mouse somitogenesisMatthias B Wahl
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Development 134:4033-41. 2007..Here, we show that conditional deletion of the FGF receptor gene Fgfr1 abolishes FGF signaling in the mouse PSM, resulting in an arrest of the dynamic cyclic gene expression and ..
- Ligand specificity and heparin dependence of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 3D M Ornitz
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
J Biol Chem 267:16305-11. 1992..Both receptor binding and growth factor-mediated mitogenicity are dependent on heparin. Heparin-binding growth factor activity can thus be regulated by proteoglycans and by the type of FGF receptor expressed on the target cell...
- Initiation of mammalian liver development from endoderm by fibroblast growth factorsJ Jung
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Box G J363, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Science 284:1998-2003. 1999..Thus, different FGF signals appear to initiate distinct phases of liver development during mammalian organogenesis...
- Differential regulation of endochondral bone growth and joint development by FGFR1 and FGFR3 tyrosine kinase domainsQ Wang
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 128:3867-76. 2001..In several cultured cell lines, FGFR1 transmits a potent mitogenic signal, whereas FGFR3 has little or no mitogenic activity...
- Expression of FGF receptors 1, 2, 3 in the embryonic and postnatal mouse brain compared with Pdgfralpha, Olig2 and Plp/dm20: implications for oligodendrocyte developmentRashmi Bansal
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Medical School, Farmington, Conn 06030 3401, USA
Dev Neurosci 25:83-95. 2003Fibroblast growth factors (FGF) receptors FgfR1, FgfR2 and FgfR3 are differentially regulated during oligodendrocyte (OL) maturation in vitro: FgfR3 is expressed by OL progenitors whereas FgfR2 is expressed by differentiated OLs [Mol ..
- Apoptosis, proliferation and gene expression patterns in mouse developing tongueXuguang Nie
Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies V91, 5009, Bergen, Norway
Anat Embryol (Berl) 210:125-32. 2005..Fgf2 was seen in the tongue muscles at the late embryonic and postnatal stages. These results suggest that Bmp and Fgf signalling regulates tongue development at multiple stages, possibly related to proliferation and differentiation...
- The neuronal PAS domain protein 3 transcription factor controls FGF-mediated adult hippocampal neurogenesis in miceAndrew A Pieper
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14052-7. 2005..We propose that a deficiency in adult neurogenesis may cause the behavioral and neuroanatomical abnormalities seen in Npas3-/- mice, and we speculate that impaired neurogenesis may be involved in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia...
- The FGF system has a key role in regulating vascular integrityMasahiro Murakami
Angiogenesis Research Center and Section of Cardiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3355-66. 2008..Thus, FGF signaling plays a key role in the maintenance of vascular integrity...
- Murine FGFR-1 is required for early postimplantation growth and axial organizationC X Deng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Genes Dev 8:3045-57. 1994We have explored the role of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR-1) in early embryonic development using three experimental systems: genetically deficient mice, in vitro blastocyst culture, and FGFR-1-deficient embryonic stem cells...
- FGF9 regulates early hypertrophic chondrocyte differentiation and skeletal vascularization in the developing stylopodIrene H Hung
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 307:300-13. 2007..In developing stylopod elements, FGF9 promotes chondrocyte hypertrophy at early stages and regulates vascularization of the growth plate and osteogenesis at later stages of skeletal development...
- Fibroblast-growth-factor receptor mutations in human skeletal disordersM Muenke
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 4399, USA
Trends Genet 11:308-13. 1995..Recently, unique mutations in three human FGFR-encoding genes (FGFR1-3) have been identified as the cause of a variety of skeletal disorders...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor signalling has a role in lobuloalveolar development of the mammary glandD Jackson
Laboratory of Viral Carcinogenesis, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
J Cell Sci 110:1261-8. 1997..While expression of DN-FGFR1(IIIc) showed no discernible phenotype, a similar kinase negative form of FGFR2(IIIb) caused a marked impairment of ..
- FGF signaling through FGFR1 is required for olfactory bulb morphogenesisJean M Hebert
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 130:1101-11. 2003..telencephalon, we address the role of FGF signaling directly in vivo by abolishing expression of the FGF receptor Fgfr1. In the Fgfr1-deficient telencephalon, AP patterning is largely normal...
- Dusp6 (Mkp3) is a negative feedback regulator of FGF-stimulated ERK signaling during mouse developmentChaoying Li
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 N 2030 E RM 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Development 134:167-76. 2007....
- Differential splicing in the extracellular region of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 generates receptor variants with different ligand-binding specificitiesS Werner
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Mol Cell Biol 12:82-8. 1992We have cloned a genomic region of the murine fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 1 (FGFR1) gene that includes three alternative exons for the third immunoglobulinlike domain in the extracellular region of the receptor...
- Two FGF receptor genes are differentially expressed in epithelial and mesenchymal tissues during limb formation and organogenesis in the mouseK G Peters
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94147
Development 114:233-43. 1992..FGF receptor genes might have specific functions, we compared the localization of mRNA for two FGF receptor genes, FGFR1 (the flg gene product) and FGFR2 (the bek gene product), during limb formation and organogenesis in mouse embryos (..
- Developmental expression of two murine fibroblast growth factor receptors, flg and bekA Orr-Urtreger
Department of Chemical Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Development 113:1419-34. 1991Developmental expression of two closely related fibroblast growth factor receptors, bek and flg, is described from early postimplantation until advanced organogenesis...
- fgfr-1 is required for embryonic growth and mesodermal patterning during mouse gastrulationT P Yamaguchi
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute SLRI, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genes Dev 8:3032-44. 1994..We have mutated the gene for fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (fgfr-1) in the mouse to genetically dissect the role of FGF signaling during development...
- Expression of a truncated FGF receptor results in defective lens development in transgenic miceM L Robinson
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 121:3959-67. 1995..in normal lens development was evaluated by lens-specific synthesis of a kinase-deficient FGF receptor type I (FGFR1) in transgenic mice...
- Antisense targeting of basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 in human melanomas blocks intratumoral angiogenesis and tumor growthY Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Nat Med 3:887-93. 1997..Thus, inhibition of bFGF/FGFR-1-mediated signaling may open a new avenue for the treatment of advanced-stage melanomas...
- Expression patterns of Twist and Fgfr1, -2 and -3 in the developing mouse coronal suture suggest a key role for twist in suture initiation and biogenesisD Johnson
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Mech Dev 91:341-5. 2000..The identification of heterozygous mutations in FGFR1, -2 and -3 and TWIST as well as microdeletions of TWIST in human craniosynostosis syndromes has highlighted these ..
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 1-IIIb is a naturally occurring functional receptor for FGFs that is preferentially expressed in the skin and the brainH D Beer
Institute of Cell Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 275:16091-7. 2000Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) transmit their signals through four transmembrane receptors that are designated FGFR1-4...
- Expression of members of the Fgf family and their receptors during midfacial developmentM Bachler
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Mech Dev 100:313-6. 2001..5. In contrast to the restricted expression patterns of the ligands, FgfR1 and FgfR2 were broadly expressed in facial mesenchyme and ectoderm, respectively, indicating a wide competence of ..
- The mouse Fgfrl1 gene coding for a novel FGF receptor-like proteinM Wiedemann
M E Müller Institute, University of Bern, P O Box 30, CH 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1520:247-50. 2001..The gene for Fgfrl1 comprises six exons and is located on mouse chromosome 5 in close proximity to the Idua gene for L-iduronidase...
- FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streakB Ciruna
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Cell 1:37-49. 2001..Here, we demonstrate that FGFR1 orchestrates the epithelial to mesenchymal transition and morphogenesis of mesoderm at the primitive streak by ..
- Generation of Fgfr1 conditional knockout miceXiaoling Xu
Genetics of Development and Disease Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genesis 32:85-6. 2002
- Inducible dimerization of FGFR1: development of a mouse model to analyze progressive transformation of the mammary glandBryan E Welm
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Biol 157:703-14. 2002..These data indicate that acute iFGFR1 signaling results in increased lateral budding of the mammary ductal epithelium, and that sustained activation induces alveolar hyperplasia and invasive lesions...
- FGFR1 is required for the development of the auditory sensory epitheliumUlla Pirvola
Institute of Biotechnology, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Neuron 35:671-80. 2002..Here we show that loss-of-function mutations in mouse fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (Fgfr1) cause a dose-dependent disruption of the organ of Corti...
- Fgfr1 regulates patterning of the pharyngeal regionNina Trokovic
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Genes Dev 17:141-53. 2003..Mice homozygous for a hypomorphic allele of Fgfr1 have craniofacial defects, some of which appeared to result from a failure in the early development of the second ..
- Sef inhibits fibroblast growth factor signaling by inhibiting FGFR1 tyrosine phosphorylation and subsequent ERK activationDmitry Kovalenko
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough 04074 7205, USA
J Biol Chem 278:14087-91. 2003..Here we show that like zebrafish Sef (zSef), mouse Sef (mSef) interacts with FGFR1 and that the cytoplasmic domain of mSef mediates this interaction...
- Fgf3 and Fgf10 are required for mouse otic placode inductionTracy J Wright
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Development 130:3379-90. 2003..Finally, examination of embryos carrying three out of the four mutant Fgf alleles revealed intermediate phenotypes, suggesting a quantitative requirement for FGF signalling in otic vesicle formation...
- Conditional activation of fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) 1, but not FGFR2, in prostate cancer cells leads to increased osteopontin induction, extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation, and in vivo proliferationKevin W Freeman
Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza M929, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:6237-43. 2003..We have used chemically induced dimerization (CID) to elucidate the individual contributions of FGFR1 and FGFR2 to tumor etiology...
- FGF17b and FGF18 have different midbrain regulatory properties from FGF8b or activated FGF receptorsAimin Liu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Developmental Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 130:6175-85. 2003..As Fgf17 and Fgf18 are co-expressed with Fgf8 in many tissues, our studies have broad implications for how these FGFs differentially control development...
- Skeletal development is regulated by fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 signalling dynamicsMohammad K Hajihosseini
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Development 131:325-35. 2004..chromosome (BAC)-based transgenic system in which a hypermorphic mutation has been introduced into the murine Fgfr1 gene...
- Regulation of external genitalia development by concerted actions of FGF ligands and FGF receptorsYoshihiko Satoh
Center for Animal Resources and Development, Graduate School of Molecular and Genomic Pharmacy, Kumamoto University, 860 0811 Kumamoto, Japan
Anat Embryol (Berl) 208:479-86. 2004..external genitalia development, we have analyzed the expression of FGF genes (Fgf8, 9, 10) and receptor genes (Fgfr1, r2IIIb, r2IIIc) in GT of mice...
- HSF4 is required for normal cell growth and differentiation during mouse lens developmentMitsuaki Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
EMBO J 23:4297-306. 2004....
- FRS2-dependent SRC activation is required for fibroblast growth factor receptor-induced phosphorylation of Sprouty and suppression of ERK activityXuan Li
CR UK Growth Factor Group, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
J Cell Sci 117:6007-17. 2004..Phosphorylation of hSpry2 is required for hSpry2 to inhibit activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway. These results show that recruitment of SRC to FRS2 leads to activation of signal attenuation pathways...
- Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouseAlexandra A Blak
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:1023-30. 2005..Studies of Fgfr expression in early vertebrate development have shown that Fgfr1 is expressed along the entire neural tube, whereas Fgfr2 and Fgfr3 expression has been shown to spare the tissue ..
- Conditional knockdown of Fgfr2 in mice using Cre-LoxP induced RNA interferenceXavier Coumoul
Genetics of Development and Disease Branch, 10 9N105, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e102. 2005..This method provides a fast, yet efficient way to decipher gene functions in vivo in a tissue-specific manner...
- FGF8 is required for cell survival at distinct stages of nephrogenesis and for regulation of gene expression in nascent nephronsUta Grieshammer
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 132:3847-57. 2005..Thus, unlike other FGF family members, which regulate growth and branching morphogenesis of the collecting duct system, Fgf8 encodes a factor essential for gene regulation and cell survival at distinct steps in nephrogenesis...
- Context-specific requirements for Fgfr1 signaling through Frs2 and Frs3 during mouse developmentRenée V Hoch
Program in Developmental Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Development 133:663-73. 2006b>Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (Fgfr1) plays pleiotropic roles during embryonic development, but the mechanisms by which this receptor signals in vivo have not previously been elucidated...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (Fgfr1) is not essential for lens fiber differentiation in miceHaotian Zhao
Center for Human and Molecular Genetics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus, OH, USA
Mol Vis 12:15-25. 2006The developing lens expresses at least three different FGF receptor genes (Fgfr1, Fgfr2, Fgfr3). Furthermore, FGFs have been shown to induce lens epithelial cells to differentiate into fiber cells both in vitro and in vivo...
- Ectopic activity of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 in hepatocytes accelerates hepatocarcinogenesis by driving proliferation and vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesisXinqiang Huang
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 2121 West Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 66:1481-90. 2006..Of the four FGF receptor (FGFR) tyrosine kinases, only FGFR4 is expressed in mature hepatocytes. Although FGFR1 is expressed by hepatic cell progenitors and adult nonparenchymal cells, ectopic expression is commonly observed ..
- FGF9 and SHH signaling coordinate lung growth and development through regulation of distinct mesenchymal domainsAndrew C White
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 133:1507-17. 2006....
- FGF signalling generates ventral telencephalic cells independently of SHHGrigoriy Gutin
Departments of Neuroscience and Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1410 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Development 133:2937-46. 2006..First, simultaneous deletion of Fgfr1 and Fgfr3 specifically in the telencephalon results in the loss of differentiated ventromedial cells; and second, ..
- FGF2 posttranscriptionally down-regulates expression of SDF1 in bone marrow stromal cells through FGFR1 IIIcTakayuki Nakayama
Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 109:1363-72. 2007..Blocking experiments identified FGFR1 IIIc as the receptor mediating FGF2 inhibition of SDF-1 expression in bone marrow stromal cells...
- SOX3 activity during pharyngeal segmentation is required for craniofacial morphogenesisKarine Rizzoti
Division of Developmental Genetics, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 134:3437-48. 2007..We also show that Sox3 genetically interacts both with FgfR1 and with Sox2, another member of the Soxb1 family, to fulfil its function in the pharyngeal region...
- Deficiency in inhibitory cortical interneurons associates with hyperactivity in fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 mutant miceKaren Müller Smith
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:953-62. 2008..Motor hyperactivity due to hyper-dopaminergic neurotransmission in the basal ganglia is well characterized; much less is known about the role of the neocortex in controlling motor behavior...
- FGF signaling regulates mesenchymal differentiation and skeletal patterning along the limb bud proximodistal axisKai Yu
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 USA
Development 135:483-91. 2008..fgf receptor 2 (Fgfr2) in the mouse AER to terminate all AER functions; for comparison, we inactivated both Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 in limb mesenchyme to block mesenchymal AER-FGF signaling...
- A beta-catenin gradient links the clock and wavefront systems in mouse embryo segmentationAlexander Aulehla
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Nat Cell Biol 10:186-93. 2008..This gradient of nuclear beta-catenin defines the size of the oscillatory field and controls key aspects of PSM maturation and segment formation, emphasizing the central role of Wnt signalling in this process...
- Wnt11/Fgfr1b cross-talk modulates the fate of cells in palate developmentJong Min Lee
Department of Oral Biology, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Dev Biol 314:341-50. 2008..Wnt-11 overexpression and beads soaked in SU5402 (an Fgfr1 inhibitor) were employed in in vitro organ cultures...
- Phosphorylation of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 1 at Ser777 by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase regulates translocation of exogenous FGF1 to the cytosol and nucleusVigdis Sørensen
Centre for Cancer Biomedicine, Faculty Division Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Mol Cell Biol 28:4129-41. 2008..The activity level of p38 MAPK was not found to affect endocytosis or intracellular sorting of FGF1/FGFR1. Instead, we found that p38 MAPK regulates FGF1 translocation by phosphorylation of FGFR1 at Ser777...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling is essential for lens fiber cell differentiationHaotian Zhao
Graduate Program in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, College of Biological Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dev Biol 318:276-88. 2008..Deletion of three FGF receptors (Fgfr1-3) early in lens development demonstrated that expression of only a single allele of Fgfr2 or Fgfr3 was sufficient ..
- An FGF-WNT gene regulatory network controls lung mesenchyme developmentYongjun Yin
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 319:426-36. 2008..Together, both FGF and WNT signaling pathways function to sustain mesenchymal growth and coordinate epithelial morphogenesis during the pseudoglandular stage of lung development...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 in kidney mesenchymeDavid Hains
Center for Cell and Developmental Biology, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatr Res 64:592-8. 2008..Our goal was to determine whether conditional deletion of Fgfr1 or Fgfr2 alone resulted in multiple ureteric bud induction sites...
- FGFR3 and FGFR4 do not mediate renal effects of FGF23Shiguang Liu
Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:2342-50. 2008..analysis of the mouse kidney revealed that the proximal tubule expresses FGF receptor 3 (FGFR3) but not FGFR1, FGFR2, or FGFR4...
- Differential FGF ligands and FGF receptors expression pattern in frontal and parietal calvarial bonesNatalina Quarto
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif 94305 5148, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 190:158-69. 2009..Frontal bone also elaborated higher levels of Fgf receptor 1, 2 and 3 transcripts versus parietal bone. Taken together, these data suggest that the frontal bone is a domain with higher FGF-signaling competence than parietal bone...
- FGF23 decreases renal NaPi-2a and NaPi-2c expression and induces hypophosphatemia in vivo predominantly via FGF receptor 1Jyothsna Gattineni
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F282-91. 2009..In this study, we show that proximal tubules express FGFR1, -3, and -4 but not FGFR2 mRNA...
- Expression patterns of FGF receptors in the developing mammalian cochleaToshinori Hayashi
Department of Biological Structure, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Dev Dyn 239:1019-26. 2010..There are four fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFR1-4) and all four are expressed in the cochlea during development...
- Differential fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8)-mediated autoregulation of its cognate receptors, Fgfr1 and Fgfr3, in neuronal cell linesNatasha N Mott
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10143. 2010..We tested whether FGF8 could autoregulate two of its cognate receptors, Fgfr1 and Fgfr3, in three murine cell lines with different lineages: fibroblast-derived cells (3T3 cells), neuronal ..
- Fgfr2 is required for the development of the medial prefrontal cortex and its connections with limbic circuitsHanna E Stevens
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 30:5590-602. 2010..fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) in cortical development, we conditionally inactivated Fgfr2 or both Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 [Fgfr2 conditional knock-out (cKO) or double knock-out mice, respectively] in radial glial cells of the ..
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling dramatically accelerates tumorigenesis and enhances oncoprotein translation in the mouse mammary tumor virus-Wnt-1 mouse model of breast cancerAdam C Pond
Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 70:4868-79. 2010..Wnt/beta-catenin target genes but instead showed a translational gene signature that also correlated with elevated FGFR1 and FGFR2 in human breast cancer data sets...
- Sprouty genes prevent excessive FGF signalling in multiple cell types throughout development of the cerebellumTian Yu
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London, London, UK
Development 138:2957-68. 2011..A reduction in Fgfr1 dosage during development rescued these defects, confirming that the abnormalities are due to excess FGF ..
- FGF signaling expands embryonic cortical surface area by regulating Notch-dependent neurogenesisBrian G Rash
Yale Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 31:15604-17. 2011....
- Differentiation of the lateral compartment of the cochlea requires a temporally restricted FGF20 signalSung Ho Huh
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
PLoS Biol 10:e1001231. 2012..The viability and hearing loss in Fgf20 knockout mice suggest that FGF20 may also be a deafness-associated gene in humans...
- Impaired motor coordination and disrupted cerebellar architecture in Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 double knockout miceKaren Müller Smith
Child Study Center, Yale University, 230 South Frontage Rd, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Brain Res 1460:12-24. 2012..We show that Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 double knockouts (FGFR DKO) generated by Cre-mediated recombination driven by the human GFAP promoter (..
- Antibody-mediated activation of FGFR1 induces FGF23 production and hypophosphatemiaAi Luen Wu
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e57322. 2013..Here we report that pharmacological activation of FGFR1 with monoclonal anti-FGFR1 antibodies (R1MAb) in adult mice is sufficient to cause an elevation in serum FGF23 and ..
- Chimeric analysis of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 (Fgfr1) function: a role for FGFR1 in morphogenetic movement through the primitive streakB G Ciruna
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development 124:2829-41. 1997..In the mouse, FGF receptor-1 (FGFR1) is expressed in an appropriate spatial and temporal manner to be orchestrating these functions...
- Murine fibroblast growth factor receptor 1alpha isoforms mediate node regression and are essential for posterior mesoderm developmentX Xu
National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Dev Biol 208:293-306. 1999Alternative splicing in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (Fgfr1) locus generates a variety of splicing isoforms, including FGFR1alpha isoforms, which contain three immunoglobulin-like loops in the extracellular domain of the ..
- Liver specification and early morphogenesisK S Zaret
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Mech Dev 92:83-8. 2000..The initial stages of hepatogenesis are therefore beginning to be understood, and serve as a paradigm for the development of other tissues from the endoderm...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1-IIIb is dispensable for skin morphogenesis and wound healingHongbing Zhang
Five Prime Therapeutics Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 83:3-11. 2004..A poorly characterized splice variant is FGFR1-IIIb, recently found to be a functional FGF receptor predominantly expressed in the skin...
- Sprouty genes control diastema tooth development via bidirectional antagonism of epithelial-mesenchymal FGF signalingOphir D Klein
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Dev Cell 11:181-90. 2006....
- Distinct roles of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 and 2 in regulating cell survival and epithelial-mesenchymal transitionWa Xian
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:987-1000. 2007Two related receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs), fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 and 2 (FGFR1 and FGFR2), exert distinct effects during carcinogenesis...
- The initiation and propagation of Hes7 oscillation are cooperatively regulated by Fgf and notch signaling in the somite segmentation clockYasutaka Niwa
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Dev Cell 13:298-304. 2007..We thus propose that Hes7 oscillation is initiated by Fgf signaling and propagated/maintained anteriorly by Notch signaling...
- Fibroblast growth factor 8 signaling through fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 is required for the emergence of gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronsWilson C J Chung
Department of Integrative Physiology and Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0354, USA
Endocrinology 149:4997-5003. 2008..Mutations in both fibroblast growth factor receptor (Fgfr1) and Fgf8 have been shown to cause Kallmann syndrome, a disease characterized by hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and ..
- A truncated form of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 inhibits signal transduction by multiple types of fibroblast growth factor receptorH Ueno
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
J Biol Chem 267:1470-6. 1992A truncated form of the type 1 fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR1) lacking most of its cytoplasmic domain was tested for its ability to inhibit signal transduction by each of three different wild-type FGFRs (FGFR1, 2, and 3)...
- Fgf9 signaling regulates inner ear morphogenesis through epithelial-mesenchymal interactionsUlla Pirvola
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Dev Biol 273:350-60. 2004..and cartilage stages, Fgf9 is expressed in specific nonsensory domains of the otic epithelium and its receptors, Fgfr1(IIIc) and Fgfr2(IIIc), widely in the surrounding mesenchyme...
- Opposite phenotypes of hypomorphic and Y766 phosphorylation site mutations reveal a function for Fgfr1 in anteroposterior patterning of mouse embryosJ Partanen
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Genes Dev 12:2332-44. 1998..To dissect the functions of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 (FGFR1) during mouse gastrulation as well as to gain insights into its possible roles during later embryonic development, ..
- Expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptor FGFR-1/flg during gastrulation and segmentation in the mouse embryoT P Yamaguchi
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 152:75-88. 1992..FGFR-1 may also play significant roles in the formation of neural ectoderm and the early events that establish compartments within the developing somites...
- Receptor for acidic fibroblast growth factor is related to the tyrosine kinase encoded by the fms-like gene (FLG)M Ruta
Rorer Biotechnology, Inc, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:8722-6. 1989..endothelial cell cDNA library encoding a putative tyrosine kinase; we have designated this gene the fms-like gene (FLG)...
- Expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3) in the developing head and faceT A Wilke
Department of Oral Health Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Dev Dyn 210:41-52. 1997..have analyzed the competency of head mesenchyme to respond to FGFs via expression of the high affinity receptors FGFR1, 2, and 3...
- Craniosynostosis: genes and mechanismsA O Wilkie
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Hum Mol Genet 6:1647-56. 1997..Mutations of the MSX2, FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3 and TWIST genes yield new insights, both into normal and abnormal cranial suture biogenesis and into ..
- The murine gene, Traube, is essential for the growth of preimplantation embryosT Thomas
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, Goettingen, 37077, Germany
Dev Biol 227:324-42. 2000..This paucity of ribosomes together with the localization of TRB to the nucleoli, the site of ribosome synthesis, suggests that TRB is involved in the synthesis of ribosomes...
- FGF signaling is required for pulmonary homeostasis following hyperoxiaIsamu Hokuto
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Div of Pulmonary Biology, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L580-7. 2004..FGF signaling is required for maintenance of surfactant homeostasis and lung function during hyperoxia in vivo, mediated, at least in part, by its role in the maintenance of SP-B expression...
- CNTF/LIF/gp130 receptor complex signaling maintains a VZ precursor differentiation gradient in the developing ventral forebrainChristopher Gregg
Genes and Development Research Group, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Development 132:565-78. 2005..These results demonstrate a novel region-specific role for CNTF/LIF/gp130 signaling in the development of the germinal layers of the embryonic telencephalon...
- The homeoprotein engrailed 1 has pleiotropic functions in calvarial intramembranous bone formation and remodelingRon A Deckelbaum
Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, MSB room 614, 550 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 133:63-74. 2006..In summary, this study identifies EN1 as a novel modulator of calvarial osteoblast differentiation and proliferation, processes that must be exquisitely balanced to ensure proper skull vault formation...
- NMR structure of the first Ig module of mouse FGFR1Vladislav V Kiselyov
Protein Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Pathology, Copenhagen DK 2200, Denmark
Protein Sci 15:1512-5. 2006..We describe here the NMR structure of the Ig1 module of mouse FGFR1. The three-dimensional fold of the module belongs to the intermediate Ig subgroup and can be described as a beta-..
- Glypicans are differentially expressed during patterning and neurogenesis of early mouse brainGuillaume Luxardi
IBDML CNRS UMR 6216, INSERM UMR623, Campus de Luminy, Case 907, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:55-60. 2007..The novel expression sites of glypicans shown here contribute to the identification of signalling molecules involved in brain patterning...
- Ucma--A novel secreted factor represents a highly specific marker for distal chondrocytesAndreas Tagariello
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Erlangen, Schwabachanlage 10, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Matrix Biol 27:3-11. 2008..The present data strongly suggest an important function of Ucma in the early phase of chondrocyte differentiation...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 in hyperplastic pituitaries of D2R knockout female miceCarolina Cristina
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, CONICET, V Obligado 2490, 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1341-51. 2007..Our objective was to study the expression of the mitogen fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) and its receptor, FGFR1, comparatively in pituitaries from KO and wild-type (WT) female mice...
- Peptide Regulators of AngiogenesisMichael Simons; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PROTEOMIC MAPPING OF MYELIN AND ITS MEMBRANE SUBDOMAINSRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2009....