Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf22
Description: fibroblast growth factor 22
Alias: 2210414E06Rik, FGF-22, fibroblast growth factor 22
- Jarosz M, Robbez Masson L, Chioni A, Cross B, Rosewell I, Grose R. Fibroblast growth factor 22 is not essential for skin development and repair but plays a role in tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39436 pubmed publisher..Of the 22 mammalian FGFs, FGF22, a member of the FGF7/10/22 subfamily, has been shown to have a clear role in synaptogenesis, but its roles in ..
- Zhao F, Franco H, Rodriguez K, Brown P, Tsai M, Tsai S, et al. Elimination of the male reproductive tract in the female embryo is promoted by COUP-TFII in mice. Science. 2017;357:717-720 pubmed publisher..We thus suggest that elimination of Wolffian ducts in female embryos is actively promoted by COUP-TFII, which suppresses a mesenchyme-epithelium cross-talk responsible for Wolffian duct maintenance. ..
- Terauchi A, Johnson Venkatesh E, Bullock B, Lehtinen M, Umemori H. Retrograde fibroblast growth factor 22 (FGF22) signaling regulates insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) expression for activity-dependent synapse stabilization in the mammalian brain. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here we show that fibroblast growth factor 22 (FGF22), a target-derived presynaptic organizer in the mouse hippocampus, induces the expression of ..
- Asada M, Shinomiya M, Suzuki M, Honda E, Sugimoto R, Ikekita M, et al. Glycosaminoglycan affinity of the complete fibroblast growth factor family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:40-8 pubmed publisher..This is noteworthy, as the differential interactions of these growth factors with GAGs may be key determinants of their specific biological activities. ..
- WILLIAMS A, Yee P, Smith M, Murphy G, Umemori H. Deletion of fibroblast growth factor 22 (FGF22) causes a depression-like phenotype in adult mice. Behav Brain Res. 2016;307:11-7 pubmed publisher..b>Fibroblast growth factor 22 (FGF22) is important for specifying excitatory synapses during development, including in the ..
- Pasaoglu T, Schikorski T. Presynaptic size of associational/commissural CA3 synapses is controlled by fibroblast growth factor 22 in adult mice. Hippocampus. 2016;26:151-60 pubmed publisher..structure of excitatory synapses in the stratum radiatum of the CA3d area in adult wild type (WT) and fibroblast growth factor 22 knock-out (FGF22KO) mice by using serial 3D electron microscopy...
- Terauchi A, Timmons K, Kikuma K, Pechmann Y, Kneussel M, Umemori H. Selective synaptic targeting of the excitatory and inhibitory presynaptic organizers FGF22 and FGF7. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:281-92 pubmed publisherSpecific formation of excitatory and inhibitory synapses is crucial for proper functioning of the brain. Fibroblast growth factor 22 (FGF22) and FGF7 are postsynaptic-cell-derived presynaptic organizers necessary for excitatory and ..
- Terauchi A, Gavin E, Wilson J, Umemori H. Selective Inactivation of Fibroblast Growth Factor 22 (FGF22) in CA3 Pyramidal Neurons Impairs Local Synaptogenesis and Affective Behavior Without Affecting Dentate Neurogenesis. Front Synaptic Neurosci. 2017;9:17 pubmed publisher..We have previously identified that fibroblast growth factor 22 (FGF22) is critical for excitatory synapse formation in several brain regions including the hippocampus...
- Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf22 regulated by Fgf3/Fgf8 signaling is required for zebrafish midbrain development. Biol Open. 2013;2:515-24 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified zebrafish fgf22 predominantly expressed in the posterior midbrain and anterior midbrain-hindbrain boundary (MHB) primordia during ..
- Speer A, Al Alam D, Sala F, Ford H, Bellusci S, Grikscheit T. Fibroblast growth factor 10-fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b mediated signaling is not required for adult glandular stomach homeostasis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49127 pubmed publisher..stomach expressed Fgf10, its receptors, Fgfr1b and Fgfr2b, and most of the other FGFR2b ligands (Fgf1, Fgf7, Fgf22) except for Fgf3 and Fgf20...
- Li S, Hang L, Ma Y. FGF22 protects hearing function from gentamycin ototoxicity by maintaining ribbon synapse number. Hear Res. 2016;332:39-45 pubmed publisher..However, ototoxic damage of ribbon synapses is not understood clearly. Roles of fibroblast growth factor 22 (FGF22) on synapse formation were explored under gentamycin ototoxicity...
- Du W, Prochazka J, Prochazkova M, Klein O. Expression of FGFs during early mouse tongue development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:81-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that FGF signaling regulates tongue development at multiple stages. ..
- Garcia C, Huang J, Madakashira B, Liu Y, Rajagopal R, Dattilo L, et al. The function of FGF signaling in the lens placode. Dev Biol. 2011;351:176-85 pubmed publisher..Since the expression of proteins required for lens formation was not altered in the knockout placode cells, we can conclude that FGF signaling from the optic vesicle is not required for lens induction. ..
- Al Alam D, Danopoulos S, Schall K, Sala F, Almohazey D, Fernandez G, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 10 alters the balance between goblet and Paneth cells in the adult mouse small intestine. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;308:G678-90 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine the mechanism by which Fgf10 alters cell differentiation in the small intestine. ..
- Jacobi A, Loy K, Schmalz A, Hellsten M, Umemori H, Kerschensteiner M, et al. FGF22 signaling regulates synapse formation during post-injury remodeling of the spinal cord. EMBO J. 2015;34:1231-43 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify FGF22 as a key regulator of circuit remodeling in the injured spinal cord...
- Takase H, Itoh T, Ino S, Wang T, Koji T, Akira S, et al. FGF7 is a functional niche signal required for stimulation of adult liver progenitor cells that support liver regeneration. Genes Dev. 2013;27:169-81 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the cellular and molecular basis for LPC regulation and identify FGF7 as a potential therapeutic target for liver diseases. ..
- Umemori H, Sanes J. Signal regulatory proteins (SIRPS) are secreted presynaptic organizing molecules. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34053-61 pubmed publisher..The effects of SIRP-alpha are distinct from those of another presynaptic organizer, FGF22: the two proteins induced vesicle clusters of different sizes, differed in their ability to promote neurite ..