Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf20
Description: fibroblast growth factor 20
Alias: fibroblast growth factor 20, FGF-20
- Lee J, Yu Q, Shin J, Sebzda E, Bertozzi C, Chen M, et al. Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivo. Dev Cell. 2006;11:845-57 pubmed..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function. ..
- Häärä O, Harjunmaa E, Lindfors P, Huh S, Fliniaux I, Aberg T, et al. Ectodysplasin regulates activator-inhibitor balance in murine tooth development through Fgf20 signaling. Development. 2012;139:3189-99 pubmed publisher..Here, we have analyzed a signaling network involving ectodysplasin (Eda) and fibroblast growth factor 20 (Fgf20) that subtly affects tooth morphogenesis...
- Huh S, Warchol M, Ornitz D. Cochlear progenitor number is controlled through mesenchymal FGF receptor signaling. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..we show that Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGF) 9 and 20, which are expressed in the non-sensory (Fgf9) and sensory (Fgf20) epithelium during otic development, regulate the number of cochlear progenitors...
- Lavine K, Yu K, White A, Zhang X, Smith C, Partanen J, et al. Endocardial and epicardial derived FGF signals regulate myocardial proliferation and differentiation in vivo. Dev Cell. 2005;8:85-95 pubmed..Here, we show that Fgf9, Fgf16, and Fgf20 are expressed in the endocardium and epicardium and that RA can induce epicardial expression of Fgf9...
- van der Walt J, Noureddine M, Kittappa R, Hauser M, Scott W, McKay R, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 20 polymorphisms and haplotypes strongly influence risk of Parkinson disease. Am J Hum Genet. 2004;74:1121-7 pubmed..Current research supports the involvement of fibroblast growth factor (FGF20) in the survival of dopaminergic cells...
- Xiao Y, Thoresen D, Miao L, Williams J, Wang C, ATIT R, et al. A Cascade of Wnt, Eda, and Shh Signaling Is Essential for Touch Dome Merkel Cell Development. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006150 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Merkel cells formed in Fgf20 mutant skin where primary hair formation was defective but Shh production was preserved...
- Munnamalai V, Hayashi T, Bermingham McDonogh O. Notch prosensory effects in the Mammalian cochlea are partially mediated by Fgf20. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12876-84 pubmed publisher..Immunoblocking with Fgf20 antibody in vitro produced a similar phenotype...
- Chen S, Brunskill E, Potter S, Dexheimer P, Salomonis N, Aronow B, et al. Intrinsic Age-Dependent Changes and Cell-Cell Contacts Regulate Nephron Progenitor Lifespan. Dev Cell. 2015;35:49-62 pubmed publisher..Age-dependent elevation in mTor and reduction in Fgf20 could contribute to increased exit rates...
- Song R, Preston G, Kidd L, Bushnell D, Sims Lucas S, Bates C, et al. Prorenin receptor is critical for nephron progenitors. Dev Biol. 2016;409:382-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate a cell-autonomous requirement for the PRR within nephron progenitors for progenitor maintenance, progression of nephrogenesis, normal kidney development and function. ..
- Wright T, Hatch E, Karabagli H, Karabagli P, Schoenwolf G, Mansour S. Expression of mouse fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor genes during early inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:267-72 pubmed..Fgf16 was expressed in the posterior otic cup and vesicle, suggesting roles in otic cell fate decisions and/or axis formation. ..
- Huh S, Närhi K, Lindfors P, Häärä O, Yang L, Ornitz D, et al. Fgf20 governs formation of primary and secondary dermal condensations in developing hair follicles. Genes Dev. 2013;27:450-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that fibroblast growth factor 20 (Fgf20) is expressed in hair placodes and is induced by and functions downstream from epithelial ..
- Takase H, Itoh T, Ino S, Wang T, Koji T, Akira S, et al. FGF7 is a functional niche signal required for stimulation of adult liver progenitor cells that support liver regeneration. Genes Dev. 2013;27:169-81 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the cellular and molecular basis for LPC regulation and identify FGF7 as a potential therapeutic target for liver diseases. ..
- Huh S, Jones J, Warchol M, Ornitz D. Differentiation of the lateral compartment of the cochlea requires a temporally restricted FGF20 signal. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001231 pubmed publisher..Here we report that fibroblast growth factor 20 (FGF20) is required for differentiation of cells in the lateral cochlear compartment (outer hair and ..
- Levy R, Mott R, Iraqi F, Gabet Y. Collaborative cross mice in a genetic association study reveal new candidate genes for bone microarchitecture. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:1013 pubmed publisher..Th), Rb1, and Cpb2 (with Conn.D). Other candidate genes strongly suggested by our analyses are Sgcz, Fgf20 (associated with Tb.N), and Chd2 (with Tb.Th)...
- Du W, Prochazka J, Prochazkova M, Klein O. Expression of FGFs during early mouse tongue development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:81-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that FGF signaling regulates tongue development at multiple stages. ..
- Hotta Y, Sasaki S, Konishi M, Kinoshita H, Kuwahara K, Nakao K, et al. Fgf16 is required for cardiomyocyte proliferation in the mouse embryonic heart. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2947-54 pubmed publisher..The embryonic heart phenotype is similar to that of the Fgf9 knockout heart, indicating Fgf9 and Fgf16 to synergistically act as growth factors for embryonic cardiomyocytes. ..
- Ahtiainen L, Uski I, Thesleff I, Mikkola M. Early epithelial signaling center governs tooth budding morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2016;214:753-67 pubmed publisher..These data functionally link the signaling center size to organ size and imply that the early signaling center is a prerequisite for budding morphogenesis. ..