Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf2
Description: fibroblast growth factor 2
Alias: Fgf-2, Fgfb, bFGF, HBGF-2, basic fibroblast growth factor, heparin-binding growth factor 2
- Heparan sulfates mediate the binding of basic fibroblast growth factor to a specific receptor on neural precursor cellsY G Brickman
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Australia
J Biol Chem 270:24941-8. 1995..proteoglycans are thought to be obligatory for receptor binding and subsequent mitogenic activity of basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2). In a previous study (Nurcombe V., Ford, M. D., Wildschut, J., Bartlett, P. F...
- Impaired cerebral cortex development and blood pressure regulation in FGF-2-deficient miceR Dono
EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 17:4213-25. 1998..The observed autonomic dysfunction in FGF-2-deficient adult mice uncovers more general roles in neural development and function...
- Annexin II regulates fibrin homeostasis and neoangiogenesis in vivoQi Ling
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Invest 113:38-48. 2004..These data establish annexin II as a regulator of cell surface plasmin generation and reveal that impaired endothelial cell fibrinolytic activity constitutes a barrier to effective neoangiogenesis...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor-2 isoforms in the effect of estradiol on endothelial cell migration and proliferationB Garmy-Susini
INSERM U589, Institut L Bugnard, CHU Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse, France
Circ Res 94:1301-9. 2004Both 17beta-estradiol (E2) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) stimulate angiogenesis and endothelial cell migration and proliferation...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is required for maintaining the neural stem cell pool in the mouse brain subventricular zoneWei Zheng
Yale University, Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Dev Neurosci 26:181-96. 2004Cells within the subventricular zone (SVZ) express basic Fgf (Fgf2) and Fgf receptor proteins...
- BMP-2 and FGF-2 synergistically facilitate adoption of a cardiac phenotype in somatic bone marrow c-kit+/Sca-1+ stem cellsBrent R DeGeorge
Center for Translational Medicine, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Transl Sci 1:116-25. 2008....
- Basic fibroblast growth factor-induced neuronal differentiation of mouse bone marrow stromal cells requires FGFR-1, MAPK/ERK, and transcription factor AP-1Haijie Yang
Research Laboratories, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore 308433
J Biol Chem 283:5287-95. 2008..However, the underlying mechanisms remain largely unknown. In this report, we have demonstrated that basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) alone effectively induces mouse BMSC neuronal differentiation...
- Delta-like 1 serves as a new target and contributor to liver fibrosis down-regulated by mesenchymal stem cell transplantationRuo Lang Pan
College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
J Biol Chem 286:12340-8. 2011..Furthermore, we demonstrated that FGF2 was up-regulated in BM-MSCs under injury stimulation, and it probably participated in the inhibition of Dlk1 by BM-..
- Allergen-induced coexpression of bFGF and TGF-β1 by macrophages in a mouse model of airway remodeling: bFGF induces macrophage TGF-β1 expression in vitroHye Young Yum
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 155:12-22. 2011b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) is a cytokine that is mitogenic for fibroblasts and smooth muscle and may play a role in airway remodeling in asthma...
- FGF-1 and FGF-7 induce distinct patterns of growth and differentiation in embryonic lung epitheliumW V Cardoso
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Dyn 208:398-405. 1997..Thus, in the embryonic lung epithelium, growth effects of FGFs appear to be dependent on location of FGFRs, while effects on differentiation are ligand-dependent...
- Neutrophil MMP-9 proenzyme, unencumbered by TIMP-1, undergoes efficient activation in vivo and catalytically induces angiogenesis via a basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2)/FGFR-2 pathwayVeronica C Ardi
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25854-66. 2009..By quantifying the levels of host angiogenic factors, we demonstrated that basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) was a major cytokine becoming bioavailable in the onplant tissue undergoing a neutrophil ..
- Compensation by fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) does not account for the mild phenotypic defects observed in FGF2 null miceD L Miller
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:2260-8. 2000Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) and FGF2, the prototypic members of the FGF family of growth factors, have been implicated in a variety of physiological and pathological processes...
- FGF2 alters expression of the pyrophosphate/phosphate regulating proteins, PC-1, ANK and TNAP, in the calvarial osteoblastic cell line, MC3T3E1(C4)Nan E Hatch
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Connect Tissue Res 46:184-92. 2005..Subsequently, the effect of FGF2 treatment on expression of PC-1, ANK, and TNAP in the calvarial osteoblastic cell line, MC3T3E1(C4), was ..
- FGF-2 inhibits osteogenesis in mouse adipose tissue-derived stromal cells and sustains their proliferative and osteogenic potential stateNatalina Quarto
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5148, USA
Tissue Eng 12:1405-18. 2006..These FGF-2 functional characteristics may assist with cell selection and enrichment for the purpose of bone tissue engineering...
- Novel fibroblast growth factor 2 transcripts are expressed in mouse embryosR P Dirks
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:900-9. 2001We have discovered two new exons in the mouse fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2 or bFGF) gene that can be alternatively spliced to the second coding exon of the gene...
- Upregulation of Flk-1 by bFGF via the ERK pathway is essential for VEGF-mediated promotion of neural stem cell proliferationZhifeng Xiao
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center and Cell Biology Department, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Cell Res 17:73-9. 2007..Since both vascular and glial cells secrete vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), we assessed the effect of VEGF and bFGF on NSC proliferation using nearly homogeneous NSCs ..
- The cardioprotective effect of the low molecular weight isoform of fibroblast growth factor-2: the role of JNK signalingSiyun Liao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:106-20. 2007Our laboratory showed that overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) protected the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- FGF-1 and FGF-2 require the cytosolic chaperone Hsp90 for translocation into the cytosol and the cell nucleusJørgen Wesche
Institute for Cancer Research at The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 281:11405-12. 2006..The data indicate that the drugs block translocation from endosomes to the cytosol implying that Hsp90 is required for translocation of FGF-1 and FGF-2 across the endosomal membrane...
- Testosterone regulates FGF-2 expression during testis maturation by an IRES-dependent translational mechanismIrma G Gonzalez-Herrera
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U589, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 20:476-8. 2006..This report demonstrates that mRNA translation regulation by an IRES-dependent mechanism participates in a physiological process...
- Hyperglycemia upregulates translation of the fibroblast growth factor 2 mRNA in mouse aorta via internal ribosome entry siteShigetada Teshima-Kondo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U589, Hormones, Facteurs de Croissance et Physiopathologie Vasculaire, Institut Louis Bugnard IFR31, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 18:1583-5. 2004..These results suggest that IRES-dependent translational regulation could play a pathological role in FGF-2 expression in vivo, especially in the cardiovascular consequences of diabetes...
- Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouseAlexandra A Blak
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:1023-30. 2005..Fgfr3 expression is in contact with the Fgf8 expression domain only in the rostroventral hindbrain. Based on these findings, we postulate a role for FGFR2 and FGFR3 in FGF signaling in the ventral midbrain and hindbrain...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor type 1 and 2 in carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury and fibrogenesisChundong Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, and the Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1653-62. 2003..role of all 23 FGF polypeptides in the liver is still unclear, the most widely studied prototypes, FGF1 and FGF2, are present and have been implicated in liver cell growth and function in vitro...
- Functions of fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-2 and FGF-5 in astroglial differentiation and blood-brain barrier permeability: evidence from mouse mutantsBernhard Reuss
Department of Neuroanatomy, IZN, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:6404-12. 2003..The observed defect in astroglial differentiation is accompanied by a defect in BBB function arguing for an indirect or direct role of FGFs in the regulation of BBB permeability in vivo...
- Erk pathway and activator protein 1 play crucial roles in FGF2-stimulated premature cranial suture closureHyun Jung Kim
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Dev Dyn 227:335-46. 2003..We observed that placing FGF2-soaked bead on the osteogenic fronts of cultured mouse calvaria accelerates cranial suture closure and strongly ..
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans as regulators of fibroblast growth factor-2 signaling in brain endothelial cells. Specific role for glypican-1 in glioma angiogenesisDianhua Qiao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Clinical Sciences Center K4 850, Madison, WI 53562 8550, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16045-53. 2003Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) is a potent angiogenic factor in gliomas. Heparan sulfate promotes ligand binding to receptor tyrosine kinase and regulates signaling...
- Changes in cerebral cortex size are governed by fibroblast growth factor during embryogenesisF M Vaccarino
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:246-53. 1999We show that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and FGF receptors are transiently expressed by cells of the pseudostratified ventricular epithelium (PVE) during early neurogenesis...
- Tissue restricted expression and chromosomal localization of the YB-1 gene encoding a 42 kD nuclear CCAAT binding proteinD D Spitkovsky
Angewandte Tumorvirologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 20:797-803. 1992..Finally, we have identified four YB-1 related loci in the mouse genome and have mapped these loci to four different mouse chromosomes by interspecific backcross analysis...
- Differential FGF ligands and FGF receptors expression pattern in frontal and parietal calvarial bonesNatalina Quarto
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif 94305 5148, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 190:158-69. 2009..Frontal bone also elaborated higher levels of Fgf receptor 1, 2 and 3 transcripts versus parietal bone. Taken together, these data suggest that the frontal bone is a domain with higher FGF-signaling competence than parietal bone...
- Fibroblast-growth-factor receptor mutations in human skeletal disordersM Muenke
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 4399, USA
Trends Genet 11:308-13. 1995..Comparison of these specific mutations with the resulting phenotypes is now providing new insight into the role of these receptors in normal and abnormal bone development...
- Developmental regulation of neural response to FGF-1 and FGF-2 by heparan sulfate proteoglycanV Nurcombe
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Science 260:103-6. 1993..Thus, a single species of HSPG undergoes a rapid, tightly controlled change in growth factor-binding specificity concomitant with the temporal expression of the FGFs...
- Homocysteine inhibits proliferation of neuronal precursors in the mouse adult brain by impairing the basic fibroblast growth factor signaling cascade and reducing extracellular regulated kinase 1/2-dependent cyclin E expressionLuis G Rabaneda
Area de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain
FASEB J 22:3823-35. 2008..We show that Hcy exerts an antiproliferative effect on basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) -stimulated NPCs isolated from the postnatal subventricular zone (SVZ), accompanied by ..
- Protease nexin-1 is expressed at the mouse met-/mesencephalic junction and FGF signaling regulates its promoter activity in primary met-/mesencephalic cellsP Kury
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Development 124:1251-62. 1997..met-/mesencephalic junction were used to demonstrate a specific effect on transcriptional activity by basic fibroblast growth factor and Engrailed transcription factors, providing evidence that PN-1 is a target gene of these factors...
- Antisense targeting of basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 in human melanomas blocks intratumoral angiogenesis and tumor growthY Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Nat Med 3:887-93. 1997Unlike normal melanocytes, primary and metastatic human melanomas express high levels of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 (FGFR-1) messenger RNA, and expression of these genes is essential in ..
- Dura mater-derived FGF-2 mediates mitogenic signaling in calvarial osteoblastsShuli Li
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5148, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1834-42. 2007....
- Prostaglandin E2 regulates angiogenesis via activation of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1Federica Finetti
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 2, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:2139-46. 2008..Relevance for the FGF2-FGFR-1 system was highlighted by confocal analysis, showing receptor internalization after cell exposure to the ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 control of vascular toneM Zhou
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267, USA
Nat Med 4:201-7. 1998..Here we show that a well-known growth factor, FGF2, long thought to be involved in many developmental and homeostatic processes, including growth of the tissue layers ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is necessary for the growth of glutamate projection neurons in the anterior neocortexSailaja Korada
Child Study Center and Department of Neurobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 22:863-75. 2002b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) is required for the generation of founder cells within the dorsal pseudostratified ventricular epithelium, which will generate the cerebral cortex, but the ganglionic eminences are not affected...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) is necessary for cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the developing cerebral cortexR Raballo
Child Study Center and Section of Neurobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 20:5012-23. 2000..We have previously shown that the germline mutation of the basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) gene results in a reduction in the number of cortical neurons in the adult...
- Postnatal survival of mice with maternal duplication of distal chromosome 7 induced by a Igf2/H19 imprinting control region lacking insulator functionLi Han
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1000803. 2010..Our results are consistent with the idea that reduced expression of IGF2 plays a role in the aetiology of the human imprinting-related growth-deficit disorder, Silver-Russell syndrome...
- Dose-dependent response of FGF-2 for lymphangiogenesisLynn K Chang
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11658-63. 2004..e., in the absence of angiogenesis, in the mouse cornea...
- Roles of exogenous and endogenous FGF-2 in animal models of depressionJ Jarosik
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, Department of Neuroanatomy, Heidelberg, Germany
Restor Neurol Neurosci 29:153-65. 2011..Several members of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family have been shown to be dysregulated in individuals with major depression, and treatment with antidepressants has been reported to increase FGF-2 mRNA levels in the forebrain...
- HSF4 is required for normal cell growth and differentiation during mouse lens developmentMitsuaki Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
EMBO J 23:4297-306. 2004....
- Nuclear isoforms of fibroblast growth factor 2 are novel inducers of hypophosphatemia via modulation of FGF23 and KLOTHOLiping Xiao
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2834-46. 2010b>FGF2 transgenic mice were developed in which type I collagen regulatory sequences drive the nuclear high molecular weight FGF2 isoforms in osteoblasts (TgHMW)...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 increases the expression of neurogenic genes and promotes the migration and differentiation of neurons derived from transplanted neural stem/progenitor cellsE Vergaño-Vera
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avda Dr Arce 37, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
Neuroscience 162:39-54. 2009..Hence, the migration and maturation of neurons derived from transplanted NSC can be promoted by upregulating neurogenic gene expression with FGF-2...
- Alterations in seizure susceptibility and in seizure-induced plasticity after pharmacologic and genetic manipulation of the fibroblast growth factor-2 systemSilvia Zucchini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, and Neuroscience Center, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Epilepsia 46:52-8. 2005..The aim of this minireview is to summarize and discuss the data supporting the idea that FGF-2 may be involved in seizure generation and in their sequelae...
- Regulation of neuronal death and calcitonin gene-related peptide by fibroblast growth factor-2 and FGFR3 after peripheral nerve injury: evidence from mouse mutantsJ Jungnickel
Hannover Medical School, Department of Neuroanatomy, Germany
Neuroscience 134:1343-50. 2005The presence and regulation of basic fibroblast growth factor and its high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptor FGFR3 in sensory neurons during development and after peripheral nerve injury suggest a physiological role of the fibroblast ..
- Expandable endodermal progenitors: new tools to explore endoderm and its derivativesHenrik Semb
Stem Cell Center, Lund University, BMC B10, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Cell Stem Cell 3:355-6. 2008..2008) used a reporter gene strategy to isolate replicating anterior definitive endoderm from mESCs...
- Activation of canonical Wnt pathway promotes proliferation of retinal stem cells derived from adult mouse ciliary marginToshihiro Inoue
Department of Cell Fate Modulation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto City, Japan
Stem Cells 24:95-104. 2006..The proliferative effect of SB216763 was attenuated by an FGF receptor inhibitor but was enhanced by FGF2, with Ki-67-positive cells reaching over 70% of the total cells...
- Neuron-microglia crosstalk up-regulates neuronal FGF-2 expression which mediates neuroprotection against excitotoxicity via JNK1/2Catarina Figueiredo
Centro Biologia Desenvolvimento, Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal
J Neurochem 107:73-85. 2008..We suggest that FGF-2 plays a pivotal role in neuroprotection against QA as an outcome of neuron-microglia interaction...
- Myocardial induction of nucleostemin in response to postnatal growth and pathological challengeSailay Siddiqi
San Diego State University Heart Institute and Department of Biology, San Diego State University, CA 92182, USA
Circ Res 103:89-97. 2008....
- Adipose tissue engineering based on the controlled release of fibroblast growth factor-2 in a collagen matrixAditya V Vashi
Bernard O Brien Institute of Microsurgery, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Eng 12:3035-43. 2006..In conclusion, this study has shown that de novo formation of adipose tissue can be achieved through controlled release of FGF-2 in collagen type I in the absence of Matrigel...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 in hyperplastic pituitaries of D2R knockout female miceCarolina Cristina
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, CONICET, V Obligado 2490, 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1341-51. 2007..Our objective was to study the expression of the mitogen fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) and its receptor, FGFR1, comparatively in pituitaries from KO and wild-type (WT) female mice...
- Absence of fibroblast growth factor 2 does not prevent tumor formation originating from the RPEAlessandro Foletti
ISREC Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Oncogene 21:1841-7. 2002We have analysed the importance of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in tumor development...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) in mouse tooth morphogenesisL G Russo
Department of Structure, Function and Biotechnology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Growth Factors 15:125-33. 1998This study describes the spatio-temporal expression of basic Fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) during odontogenesis of mouse as revealed by immunohistology...
- Impairment of neocortical long-term potentiation in mice deficient of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseS Haul
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Dusseldorf, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurophysiol 81:494-7. 1999..No LTP could be induced in knockout mice lacking the endothelial NOS (eNOS) isoform. These data suggest that eNOS is involved in an NMDA receptor-independent form of LTP in the rodent cerebral cortex...
- Id genes are direct targets of bone morphogenetic protein induction in embryonic stem cellsA Hollnagel
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:19838-45. 1999..cells responded very selectively to stimulation by various mesoderm inducers (BMP2/4, activin A, and basic fibroblast growth factor)...
- Temporal and quantitative analysis of myogenic regulatory and growth factor gene expression in the developing mouse embryoK Hannon
Department of Biotechnology Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Dev Biol 151:137-44. 1992..5 dpc, while bFGF was not detected until 10.5 dpc...
- Neurotrophic signaling in normal and degenerating rodent retinasK J Wahlin
Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 9277, USA
Exp Eye Res 73:693-701. 2001..These data add to the mounting evidence suggesting that neurotrophic factors act indirectly through Müller cells to promote photoreceptor survival...
- Basic FGF as an inducer of anteroposterior neural patternT Doniach
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143-0724, USA
Cell 83:1067-70. 1995
- Inner ear basic fibroblast growth factor in CBA/J, C3H/HeJ, and autoimmune Palmerston north miceA D Pedersen
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 2997
Hear Res 66:253-9. 1993b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) has a mitogenic effect on fibroblasts and osteoblasts for matrix proliferation and on endothelial cells for neovascularization...
- Expression of a binding protein for FGF is associated with epithelial development and skin carcinogenesisA Kurtz
Vincent T Lombardi Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Oncogene 14:2671-81. 1997..Finally, mouse FGF-BP binds to FGF-2 and can function as a modulator of FGF in FGF-responsive cells. Our results suggest a potential function of FGF-BP during development and tumorigenesis...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-3 is expressed in undifferentiated intestinal epithelial cells during murine crypt morphogenesisAlda Vidrich
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Dev Dyn 230:114-23. 2004..FGFR-3 IIIb was the dominant isoform expressed in both small intestinal and colonic crypts. Expression of FGF1, FGF2, and FGF9, known ligands of FGFR-3, paralleled patterns of FGFR-3 expression during gut development...
- Induction of keratinocyte growth factor expression is reduced and delayed during wound healing in the genetically diabetic mouseS Werner
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 103:469-73. 1994....
- Basic fibroblast growth factor in retinal development: differential levels of bFGF expression and content in normal and retinal degeneration (rd) mutant miceH Gao
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Biol 169:168-84. 1995..5, and 22 kDa of bFGF protein isolated from the adult retina. A bioassay indicates that this putative basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) stimulates proliferation of BALB/c 3T3 fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner identical to an ..
- VEGF function for upregulation of endogenous PlGF expression during FGF-2-mediated therapeutic angiogenesisTakaaki Fujii
Division of Pathophysiological and Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Atherosclerosis 200:51-7. 2008..These results indicate that the FGF-2-mediated enhancement of PlGF expression was dependent on VEGF function, and the FGF-2/VEGF axis participates in FGF-2-mediated angiogenesis indirectly via PlGF as well as directly...
- A direct role for phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate in unconventional secretion of fibroblast growth factor 2Koen Temmerman
Heidelberg University Biochemistry Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Traffic 9:1204-17. 2008..These data show that a transient interaction with PI(4,5)P(2) associated with the inner leaflet of plasma membranes represents the initial step of the unconventional secretory pathway of FGF-2...
- Nucleotide sequence of a bovine clone encoding the angiogenic protein, basic fibroblast growth factorJ A Abraham
Science 233:545-8. 1986..Both growth factors seem to be synthesized with short amino-terminal extensions that are not found on the isolated forms for which the amino acid sequences have been determined. Neither basic nor acidic FGF has a classic signal peptide...
- Twist1 homodimers enhance FGF responsiveness of the cranial sutures and promote suture closureJeannette Connerney
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Dev Biol 318:323-34. 2008....
- Coronary development is regulated by ATP-dependent SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling component BAF180Xuling Huang
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Richard Simches Research Center, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Dev Biol 319:258-66. 2008..Together, these data reveal for the first time that BAF180 is critical for coronary vessel formation...
- Chromosomal mapping of five highly conserved murine homologues of the Drosophila RING finger gene seven-in-absentiaA J Holloway
Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Genomics 41:160-8. 1997..By comparing the complexity of the Siah genes in these two mammalian species we have gained further insight into which members of this murine multigene family are likely to be functional...
- FGF inhibits neurite outgrowth over monolayers of astrocytes and fibroblasts expressing transfected cell adhesion moleculesE J Williams
Department of Experimental Pathology, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
J Cell Sci 108:3523-30. 1995..neurons on monolayers of cortical astrocytes in control medium or medium containing recombinant basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF). FGF was found to inhibit neurite outgrowth, with a significant effect seen at 0...
- FGD2, a CDC42-specific exchange factor expressed by antigen-presenting cells, localizes to early endosomes and active membrane rufflesChristoph Huber
Department of Immunology and Microbial Sciences, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 283:34002-12. 2008..These findings are consistent with a role of FGD2 in leukocyte signaling and vesicle trafficking in cells specialized to present antigen in the immune system...
- A novel mechanism of sequestering fibroblast growth factor 2 by glypican in lipid rafts, allowing skeletal muscle differentiationJaime Gutierrez
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cell Biol 30:1634-49. 2010..Thus, glypican-1 acts as a positive regulator of muscle differentiation by sequestering FGF-2 in lipid rafts and preventing its binding and dependent signaling...
- Comparison of basic fibroblast growth factor in X-linked dystrophin-deficient myopathies of human, dog and mouseJ E Anderson
Department of Anatomy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Growth Factors 9:107-21. 1993Binding of polyclonal antibodies specific for bFGF was examined in tissue sections of myopathic and normal muscles from humans, dogs and mice...
- Temporal and spatial immunolocalization of cytokines in murine chronic granulomatous tissue. Implications for their role in tissue development and repair processesI Appleton
Department of Experimental Pathology, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London, United Kingdom
Lab Invest 69:405-14. 1993..growth factor-beta (TGF-beta), platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin-1 alpha (IL-1) and IL-1 beta in ..
- KGF and EGF signalling block hair follicle induction and promote interfollicular epidermal fate in developing mouse skinGavin D Richardson
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Development 136:2153-64. 2009..We have also uncovered a previously unrecognised role for KGF signalling in the formation of hair follicles in the mouse...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is an intrinsic chondroprotective agent that suppresses ADAMTS-5 and delays cartilage degradation in murine osteoarthritisShi Lu Chia
Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:2019-27. 2009..In vitro, FGF-2 suppresses interleukin-1-driven aggrecanase activity in human cartilage explants, suggesting a chondroprotective role in vivo. We undertook this study to investigate the in vivo role of FGF-2 in murine cartilage...
- Fibroblast growth factor influences the development and cycling of murine hair folliclesD L du Cros
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Dev Biol 156:444-53. 1993The effects of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) on the development of hair follicles in neonatal mouse skin were examined...
- KSHV-transformed primary effusion lymphoma cells induce a VEGF-dependent angiogenesis and establish functional gap junctions with endothelial cellsL Haddad
Department of Human Morphology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Leukemia 22:826-34. 2008..However, although PEL cells produce VEGF and basic fibroblast growth factor (b-FGF) transcripts, they only secrete VEGF in vitro...
- FGF2 inhibits proliferation and alters the cartilage-like phenotype of RCS cellsPavel Krejci
Steven Spielberg Pediatric Research Center, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Exp Cell Res 297:152-64. 2004..Here, we studied the effects of FGF2 on RCS chondrocytes...
- Impaired myocardial capillarogenesis and increased adaptive capillary growth in FGF2-deficient miceKerstin Amann
Department of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Lab Invest 86:45-53. 2006b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) plays a major role in angiogenesis and capillary growth...
- Essential role of Shp2-binding sites on FRS2alpha for corticogenesis and for FGF2-dependent proliferation of neural progenitor cellsS Yamamoto
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15983-8. 2005..Moreover, FGF2-responsive neurospheres, which are cell aggregates derived from neural stem/progenitor cells (NSPCs), from ..
- [Expression of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) in rat and mouse skin and its biological significance]X Fu
304th Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 81:609-12. 2001To explore the expression of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) in rat and mouse skin and to explore its potential biological singificance.
- Fibroblast growth factor signaling regulates pillar cell development in the organ of cortiKristen L Mueller
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Neurosci 22:9368-77. 2002..The effects of increased FGFR3 activation were determined by exposing cochlear explants to FGF2, a strong ligand for several FGF receptors...
- Characterization of FGFRL1, a novel fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor preferentially expressed in skeletal tissuesBeat Trueb
ITI Research Institute, University of Bern, P O Box 54, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:33857-65. 2003..Similar to FGF receptors, the expressed protein interacted specifically with heparin and with FGF2. When overexpressed in MG-63 osteosarcoma cells, the novel receptor had a negative effect on cell proliferation...
- Immunohistochemical study of genesis of the mouse oral vestibuleShunji Kumabe
Department of Oral Anatomy, Osaka Dental University, 8 1, Kuzuhahanazono cho, Hirakata shi, Osaka 573 1121, Japan
Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn 80:93-102. 2003..The following results were obtained: 1) EGF, TGFalpha, EGFR, PCNA, FGF2, pRb, and FGFR1-4 were immunolocalized in the developing tissues...
- Exacerbation of myocardial injury in transgenic mice overexpressing FGF-2 is T cell dependentJohanna T A Meij
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg R3E 3J7, Manitoba, Canada R2H 2A6
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H547-55. 2002..Moreover, the findings indicate that the exacerbation of myocardial damage in FGF-2 TG mice was dependent on T cell infiltration, implicating FGF-2 in the inflammatory response seen in cardiac tissue after injury in vivo...
- Faster nerve regeneration after sciatic nerve injury in mice over-expressing basic fibroblast growth factorJulia Jungnickel
Department of Neuroanatomy OE 4140, Center of Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
J Neurobiol 66:940-8. 2006b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) is expressed in the peripheral nervous system and is up-regulated after nerve lesion...
- Cryptic fragment alpha4 LG4-5 derived from laminin alpha4 chain inhibits de novo adipogenesis by modulating the effect of fibroblast growth factor-2Hironobu Yamashita
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 50:97-107. 2008..Thus, these results suggest that the cryptic alpha4 LG4-5 fragment derived from the laminin alpha4 chain inhibits de novo adipogenesis by modulating the effect of FGF-2 through syndecans...
- A quantitative method for evaluation of FGF family and FGF receptor family gene expression by RT-PCRK Ozawa
Cell Biology Laboratory, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Ibaraki, Japan
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 1:211-6. 1997....
- Combined administration of naked DNA vectors encoding VEGF and bFGF enhances tissue perfusion and arteriogenesis in ischemic hindlimbJung Sun Lee
Cardiac and Vascular Center, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:752-8. 2007..studies have examined in detail the combined effects of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) gene delivery on collateral development...
- Initiation of mammalian liver development from endoderm by fibroblast growth factorsJ Jung
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Box G J363, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Science 284:1998-2003. 1999..Treatment of isolated foregut endoderm from mouse embryos with FGF1 or FGF2, but not FGF8, was sufficient to replace cardiac mesoderm as an inducer of the liver gene expression program, the ..
- FGFR3 is a negative regulator of the expansion of pancreatic epithelial cellsSandrine Arnaud-Dabernat
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Immunology, IMM23, 10550 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Diabetes 56:96-106. 2007..Consequently, this study suggests that FGFR3 participates in regulating pancreatic growth during the emergence of mature islet cells...
- Defective terminal differentiation and hypoplasia of the epidermis in mice lacking the Fgf10 geneK Suzuki
Center for Animal Resources and Development, Kumamoto University, Japan
FEBS Lett 481:53-6. 2000..These data suggest that Fgf10 is required for embryonic epidermal morphogenesis but is not essential for hair follicle development...
- Embryonic submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific protein localization of FGFs, BMPs, Pax6 and Pax9 in normal mice and abnormal SMG phenotypes in FgfR2-IIIc(+/Delta), BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) miceTina Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 170:83-98. 2002..Finally, our observations of abnormal SMGs in BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) indicate that both BMP7 and Pax6 play important roles during embryonic SMG branching morphogenesis...
- Retrovirus-elicited interleukin-12 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha as inducers of interferon-gamma-mediated pathology in mouse AIDSN A Giese
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0760, USA
Immunology 87:467-74. 1996..These studies suggest that continuing low-level expression of IFN-gamma, stimulated by IL-12 and TNF-alpha, contributes to the susceptibility of B6 mice to MAIDS but is not required for the resistance of BALB/c mice to disease...
- RANK ligand expression in heat shock factor-2 deficient mouse bone marrow stromal/preosteoblast cellsHiroshi Kajiya
Department of Physiological Science and Molecular Biology, Fukuoka Dental College, Sawara ku, Fukuoka, 814 0193, Japan
J Cell Biochem 97:1362-9. 2006..Novel therapeutic agents that modulate HSF-2 activation may have therapeutic utility against increased levels of FGF-2 and bone destruction associated with pathologic conditions...
- Aminopeptidase A is a functional target in angiogenic blood vesselsSerena Marchio
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Cell 5:151-62. 2004..Finally, we successfully treated tumor-bearing mice with APA binding peptides or anti-APA blocking monoclonal antibodies. These data show that APA is a regulator of blood vessel formation, and can serve as a functional vascular target...
- The University of Connecticut BRIDGES NetworkMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2006..An evaluation format has been designed to monitor the success of the program. Computerized records of student status and progress will be logged into NIH ESTAR and used for tracking outcomes. ..
- REMYELINATION AND AXON INTEGRITY IN CHRONIC DEMYELINATIONREGINA ARMSTRONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Importantly, our preliminary data in FGF2-/- mice demonstrates that it is possible to overcome chronic lesion effects on endogenous oligodendrocyte lineage ..
- PDGF-A AND FGF2: IN VIVO ROLES DURING CNS REMYELINATIONREGINA ARMSTRONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..studies will test the in vivo roles of platelet-derived growth factor (OPDGF-AA) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in promoting remyelination...
- REMYELINATION AND AXON INTEGRITY IN CHRONIC DEMYELINATIONRegina C Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, our preliminary data in FGF2-I- mice demonstrates that it is possible to overcome chronic lesion effects on endogenous oligodendrocyte lineage ..
- Gene Regulatory Signals for Beta Cell DevelopmentKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2007..By sharing technology and information from our work with the BCBC, our basic developmental studies will be more rapidly translated to develop cures for diabetes ..
- Cytoskeletal Mechanisms of Platelet FormationJoseph E Italiano; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TRANS-ACTING FACTORS CAUSING CELL SPECIFIC GENE CONTROLKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will apply to diverse developmental contexts and adult pathologies, and enable rational approaches to differentiate proeenitor and stem cell populations for cell-based tissue therapies and research. ..
- Gene Regulatory Signals for Beta Cell DevelopmentKenneth Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2007..Bysharing technology and information from our work with the BCBC, our basic developmental studies will be more rapidly translated to develop cures for diabetes. ..
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2009..that in addition to its role in promoting osteoblast (OB) function and bone formation, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a negative regulator of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into mature adipocytes (AD)...
- Cytoskeletal Mechanisms of Platelet FormationJoseph Italiano; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2007..Similar to PTH, basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) is a potent bone anabolic agent when administered to rodents in vivo and also stimulates ..
- BASIC FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR EXPRESSION IN BONE CELLSMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2), a potent mitogen for osteoblasts and marrow stromal cells, is synthesized by bone cells...
- Cytoskeletal Mechanisms of Platelet FormationJoseph Italiano; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the cytoskeletal mechanics of platelet formation may provide insights into how platelets are produced and yield strategies for treatment of thrombocytopenia. ..
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..that in addition to its role in promoting osteoblast (OB) function and bone formation, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a negative regulator of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into mature adipocytes (AD)...