Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf2
Description: fibroblast growth factor 2
Alias: Fgf-2, Fgfb, bFGF, HBGF-2, basic fibroblast growth factor, heparin-binding growth factor 2
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Impaired cerebral cortex development and blood pressure regulation in FGF-2-deficient miceR Dono
EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 17:4213-25. 1998..The observed autonomic dysfunction in FGF-2-deficient adult mice uncovers more general roles in neural development and function...
- Annexin II regulates fibrin homeostasis and neoangiogenesis in vivoQi Ling
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Invest 113:38-48. 2004..These data establish annexin II as a regulator of cell surface plasmin generation and reveal that impaired endothelial cell fibrinolytic activity constitutes a barrier to effective neoangiogenesis...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor-2 isoforms in the effect of estradiol on endothelial cell migration and proliferationB Garmy-Susini
INSERM U589, Institut L Bugnard, CHU Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse, France
Circ Res 94:1301-9. 2004Both 17beta-estradiol (E2) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) stimulate angiogenesis and endothelial cell migration and proliferation...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is required for maintaining the neural stem cell pool in the mouse brain subventricular zoneWei Zheng
Yale University, Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Dev Neurosci 26:181-96. 2004Cells within the subventricular zone (SVZ) express basic Fgf (Fgf2) and Fgf receptor proteins...
- Activation of canonical Wnt pathway promotes proliferation of retinal stem cells derived from adult mouse ciliary marginToshihiro Inoue
Department of Cell Fate Modulation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto City, Japan
Stem Cells 24:95-104. 2006..The proliferative effect of SB216763 was attenuated by an FGF receptor inhibitor but was enhanced by FGF2, with Ki-67-positive cells reaching over 70% of the total cells...
- Galectin-3 is an important mediator of VEGF- and bFGF-mediated angiogenic responseAnna I Markowska
Department of Ophthalmology Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 207:1981-93. 2010..We demonstrate here that galectin-3 is a mediator of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)- and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)-mediated angiogenic response...
- S100B protein regulates myoblast proliferation and differentiation by activating FGFR1 in a bFGF-dependent mannerFrancesca Riuzzi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences and Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Cell Sci 124:2389-400. 2011..Here, we show that S100B increases and/or stabilizes the binding of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) to bFGF receptor 1 (FGFR1) by interacting with bFGF, thereby enhancing FGFR1 activation and the ..
- BMP-2 and FGF-2 synergistically facilitate adoption of a cardiac phenotype in somatic bone marrow c-kit+/Sca-1+ stem cellsBrent R DeGeorge
Center for Translational Medicine, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Transl Sci 1:116-25. 2008....
- Basic fibroblast growth factor-induced neuronal differentiation of mouse bone marrow stromal cells requires FGFR-1, MAPK/ERK, and transcription factor AP-1Haijie Yang
Research Laboratories, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore 308433
J Biol Chem 283:5287-95. 2008..However, the underlying mechanisms remain largely unknown. In this report, we have demonstrated that basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) alone effectively induces mouse BMSC neuronal differentiation...
- Differential FGF ligands and FGF receptors expression pattern in frontal and parietal calvarial bonesNatalina Quarto
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif 94305 5148, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 190:158-69. 2009..Frontal bone also elaborated higher levels of Fgf receptor 1, 2 and 3 transcripts versus parietal bone. Taken together, these data suggest that the frontal bone is a domain with higher FGF-signaling competence than parietal bone...
- Dura mater-derived FGF-2 mediates mitogenic signaling in calvarial osteoblastsShuli Li
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5148, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1834-42. 2007....
- Delta-like 1 serves as a new target and contributor to liver fibrosis down-regulated by mesenchymal stem cell transplantationRuo Lang Pan
College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
J Biol Chem 286:12340-8. 2011..Furthermore, we demonstrated that FGF2 was up-regulated in BM-MSCs under injury stimulation, and it probably participated in the inhibition of Dlk1 by BM-..
- Allergen-induced coexpression of bFGF and TGF-β1 by macrophages in a mouse model of airway remodeling: bFGF induces macrophage TGF-β1 expression in vitroHye Young Yum
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 155:12-22. 2011b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) is a cytokine that is mitogenic for fibroblasts and smooth muscle and may play a role in airway remodeling in asthma...
- Neutrophil MMP-9 proenzyme, unencumbered by TIMP-1, undergoes efficient activation in vivo and catalytically induces angiogenesis via a basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2)/FGFR-2 pathwayVeronica C Ardi
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25854-66. 2009..By quantifying the levels of host angiogenic factors, we demonstrated that basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) was a major cytokine becoming bioavailable in the onplant tissue undergoing a neutrophil ..
- FGF-1 and FGF-7 induce distinct patterns of growth and differentiation in embryonic lung epitheliumW V Cardoso
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Dyn 208:398-405. 1997..Thus, in the embryonic lung epithelium, growth effects of FGFs appear to be dependent on location of FGFRs, while effects on differentiation are ligand-dependent...
- Identification of an antiangiogenic FGF2-binding site in the N terminus of the soluble pattern recognition receptor PTX3Maura Camozzi
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:22605-13. 2006..PTX3 binds fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), inhibiting its pro-angiogenic and pro-restenotic activity...
- Compensation by fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) does not account for the mild phenotypic defects observed in FGF2 null miceD L Miller
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:2260-8. 2000Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) and FGF2, the prototypic members of the FGF family of growth factors, have been implicated in a variety of physiological and pathological processes...
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-2 and FGF receptor 3 are required for the development of the substantia nigra, and FGF-2 plays a crucial role for the rescue of dopaminergic neurons after 6-hydroxydopamine lesionMarco Timmer
Department of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, Center for Systems Neuroscience Hannover, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Neurosci 27:459-71. 2007b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) is involved in the development and maintenance of the nervous system. Exogenous administration of FGF-2 increased dopaminergic (DA) graft survival in different animal models of Parkinson's disease...
- Disruption of the fibroblast growth factor-2 gene results in decreased bone mass and bone formationA Montero
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Clin Invest 105:1085-93. 2000b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2), an important modulator of cartilage and bone growth and differentiation, is expressed and regulated in osteoblastic cells...
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 18 signals through FGF receptor 3 to promote chondrogenesisDavid Davidson
Department of Medicine, Centre for Bone and Periodontal Research, McGill University, Montreal H3A 1A4, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:20509-15. 2005..This work, thus, identifies FGF18 and FGFR3 as potential molecular targets for intervention in tissue engineering aimed at cartilage repair and regeneration of damaged cartilage...
- Prox1 promotes lineage-specific expression of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor-3 in lymphatic endothelium: a role for FGF signaling in lymphangiogenesisJay W Shin
Cutaneous Biology Research Center and Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:576-84. 2006..Together, these results indicate that FGFR-3 is an initial target of Prox1 during the lymphatic cell fate specification and that FGF signaling may play an important role in lymphatic vessel development...
- The neurobeachin gene (Nbea) identifies a new region of homology between mouse central chromosome 3 and human chromosome 13q13D J Gilbert
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mamm Genome 10:1030-1. 1999
- MINT, the Msx2 interacting nuclear matrix target, enhances Runx2-dependent activation of the osteocalcin fibroblast growth factor response elementOscar L Sierra
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 279:32913-23. 2004..with endogenous Runx2 and FGFR2), MINT augments transcription driven by the OCFRE that is further enhanced by FGF2 treatment. OCFRE regulation can be reconstituted in the naïve CV1 fibroblast cell background...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 is an immediate-early gene induced by mechanical stress in osteogenic cellsChai Fei Li
Laboratory of Cell Growth, Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, California, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:946-55. 2006..Here, we show that MS induced proliferation in both MC3T3-E1 and BMOp cells isolated from Fgf2(+/+) mice; Fgf2(-/-) BMOp cells required exogenous FGF-2 for a normal proliferation response...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) is necessary for cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the developing cerebral cortexR Raballo
Child Study Center and Section of Neurobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 20:5012-23. 2000..We have previously shown that the germline mutation of the basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) gene results in a reduction in the number of cortical neurons in the adult...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-3 is expressed in undifferentiated intestinal epithelial cells during murine crypt morphogenesisAlda Vidrich
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Dev Dyn 230:114-23. 2004..FGFR-3 IIIb was the dominant isoform expressed in both small intestinal and colonic crypts. Expression of FGF1, FGF2, and FGF9, known ligands of FGFR-3, paralleled patterns of FGFR-3 expression during gut development...
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans as regulators of fibroblast growth factor-2 signaling in brain endothelial cells. Specific role for glypican-1 in glioma angiogenesisDianhua Qiao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Clinical Sciences Center K4 850, Madison, WI 53562 8550, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16045-53. 2003Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) is a potent angiogenic factor in gliomas. Heparan sulfate promotes ligand binding to receptor tyrosine kinase and regulates signaling...
- Novel fibroblast growth factor 2 transcripts are expressed in mouse embryosR P Dirks
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:900-9. 2001We have discovered two new exons in the mouse fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2 or bFGF) gene that can be alternatively spliced to the second coding exon of the gene...
- Testosterone regulates FGF-2 expression during testis maturation by an IRES-dependent translational mechanismIrma G Gonzalez-Herrera
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U589, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 20:476-8. 2006..This report demonstrates that mRNA translation regulation by an IRES-dependent mechanism participates in a physiological process...
- Prostaglandin E2 regulates angiogenesis via activation of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1Federica Finetti
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 2, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:2139-46. 2008..Relevance for the FGF2-FGFR-1 system was highlighted by confocal analysis, showing receptor internalization after cell exposure to the ..
- Upregulation of Flk-1 by bFGF via the ERK pathway is essential for VEGF-mediated promotion of neural stem cell proliferationZhifeng Xiao
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center and Cell Biology Department, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Cell Res 17:73-9. 2007..Since both vascular and glial cells secrete vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), we assessed the effect of VEGF and bFGF on NSC proliferation using nearly homogeneous NSCs ..
- FGF-2 inhibits osteogenesis in mouse adipose tissue-derived stromal cells and sustains their proliferative and osteogenic potential stateNatalina Quarto
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5148, USA
Tissue Eng 12:1405-18. 2006..These FGF-2 functional characteristics may assist with cell selection and enrichment for the purpose of bone tissue engineering...
- The cardioprotective effect of the low molecular weight isoform of fibroblast growth factor-2: the role of JNK signalingSiyun Liao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:106-20. 2007Our laboratory showed that overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) protected the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Functions of fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-2 and FGF-5 in astroglial differentiation and blood-brain barrier permeability: evidence from mouse mutantsBernhard Reuss
Department of Neuroanatomy, IZN, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:6404-12. 2003..The observed defect in astroglial differentiation is accompanied by a defect in BBB function arguing for an indirect or direct role of FGFs in the regulation of BBB permeability in vivo...
- Erk pathway and activator protein 1 play crucial roles in FGF2-stimulated premature cranial suture closureHyun Jung Kim
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Dev Dyn 227:335-46. 2003..We observed that placing FGF2-soaked bead on the osteogenic fronts of cultured mouse calvaria accelerates cranial suture closure and strongly ..
- FGF2 alters expression of the pyrophosphate/phosphate regulating proteins, PC-1, ANK and TNAP, in the calvarial osteoblastic cell line, MC3T3E1(C4)Nan E Hatch
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Connect Tissue Res 46:184-92. 2005..Subsequently, the effect of FGF2 treatment on expression of PC-1, ANK, and TNAP in the calvarial osteoblastic cell line, MC3T3E1(C4), was ..
- Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouseAlexandra A Blak
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:1023-30. 2005..Fgfr3 expression is in contact with the Fgf8 expression domain only in the rostroventral hindbrain. Based on these findings, we postulate a role for FGFR2 and FGFR3 in FGF signaling in the ventral midbrain and hindbrain...
- FGF-1 and FGF-2 require the cytosolic chaperone Hsp90 for translocation into the cytosol and the cell nucleusJørgen Wesche
Institute for Cancer Research at The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 281:11405-12. 2006..The data indicate that the drugs block translocation from endosomes to the cytosol implying that Hsp90 is required for translocation of FGF-1 and FGF-2 across the endosomal membrane...
- Protease nexin-1 is expressed at the mouse met-/mesencephalic junction and FGF signaling regulates its promoter activity in primary met-/mesencephalic cellsP Kury
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Development 124:1251-62. 1997..met-/mesencephalic junction were used to demonstrate a specific effect on transcriptional activity by basic fibroblast growth factor and Engrailed transcription factors, providing evidence that PN-1 is a target gene of these factors...
- Fibroblast-growth-factor receptor mutations in human skeletal disordersM Muenke
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 4399, USA
Trends Genet 11:308-13. 1995..Comparison of these specific mutations with the resulting phenotypes is now providing new insight into the role of these receptors in normal and abnormal bone development...
- Antisense targeting of basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 in human melanomas blocks intratumoral angiogenesis and tumor growthY Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Nat Med 3:887-93. 1997Unlike normal melanocytes, primary and metastatic human melanomas express high levels of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 (FGFR-1) messenger RNA, and expression of these genes is essential in ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 control of vascular toneM Zhou
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267, USA
Nat Med 4:201-7. 1998..Here we show that a well-known growth factor, FGF2, long thought to be involved in many developmental and homeostatic processes, including growth of the tissue layers ..
- Role of fibroblast growth factor type 1 and 2 in carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury and fibrogenesisChundong Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, and the Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1653-62. 2003..role of all 23 FGF polypeptides in the liver is still unclear, the most widely studied prototypes, FGF1 and FGF2, are present and have been implicated in liver cell growth and function in vitro...
- Hyperglycemia upregulates translation of the fibroblast growth factor 2 mRNA in mouse aorta via internal ribosome entry siteShigetada Teshima-Kondo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U589, Hormones, Facteurs de Croissance et Physiopathologie Vasculaire, Institut Louis Bugnard IFR31, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 18:1583-5. 2004..These results suggest that IRES-dependent translational regulation could play a pathological role in FGF-2 expression in vivo, especially in the cardiovascular consequences of diabetes...
- Changes in cerebral cortex size are governed by fibroblast growth factor during embryogenesisF M Vaccarino
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:246-53. 1999We show that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and FGF receptors are transiently expressed by cells of the pseudostratified ventricular epithelium (PVE) during early neurogenesis...
- Homocysteine inhibits proliferation of neuronal precursors in the mouse adult brain by impairing the basic fibroblast growth factor signaling cascade and reducing extracellular regulated kinase 1/2-dependent cyclin E expressionLuis G Rabaneda
Area de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain
FASEB J 22:3823-35. 2008..We show that Hcy exerts an antiproliferative effect on basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) -stimulated NPCs isolated from the postnatal subventricular zone (SVZ), accompanied by ..
- Developmental regulation of neural response to FGF-1 and FGF-2 by heparan sulfate proteoglycanV Nurcombe
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Science 260:103-6. 1993..Thus, a single species of HSPG undergoes a rapid, tightly controlled change in growth factor-binding specificity concomitant with the temporal expression of the FGFs...
- Contrasting effects of basic fibroblast growth factor and neurotrophin 3 on cell cycle kinetics of mouse cortical stem cellsAgnes Lukaszewicz
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U371, Cerveau et Vision, 69675 Bron, France
J Neurosci 22:6610-22. 2002b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) exerts a mitogenic effect on cortical neuroblasts, whereas neurotrophin 3 (NT3) promotes differentiation in these cells...
- Decrease in excitatory neurons, astrocytes and proliferating progenitors in the cerebral cortex of mice lacking exon 3 from the Fgf2 geneKesi Chen
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 230 South Frontage Rd, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:94. 2008The Fgf2 gene is expressed in the brain neuroepithelium during embryonic development and in astroglial cells throughout life...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is necessary for the growth of glutamate projection neurons in the anterior neocortexSailaja Korada
Child Study Center and Department of Neurobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 22:863-75. 2002b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) is required for the generation of founder cells within the dorsal pseudostratified ventricular epithelium, which will generate the cerebral cortex, but the ganglionic eminences are not affected...
- Tissue restricted expression and chromosomal localization of the YB-1 gene encoding a 42 kD nuclear CCAAT binding proteinD D Spitkovsky
Angewandte Tumorvirologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 20:797-803. 1992..Finally, we have identified four YB-1 related loci in the mouse genome and have mapped these loci to four different mouse chromosomes by interspecific backcross analysis...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 is an important factor that maintains cellular immaturity and contributes to aggressiveness of osteosarcomaTakatsune Shimizu
Division of Gene Regulation, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 10:454-68. 2012..osteosarcoma model was used to clarify the roles of environmental factors such as fibroblast growth factor-2 (Fgf2) or leukemia-inhibitory factor (Lif) in the maintenance of osteosarcoma cells in an immature state...
- Renal collecting system growth and function depend upon embryonic γ1 laminin expressionDong Hua Yang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:4535-44. 2011..5 kidneys revealed an almost complete absence of basement membrane proteins and reduced levels of α6 integrin and FGF2. mRNA levels for fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and mediators of the GDNF/RET and WNT11 signaling pathway were ..
- ERK acts in parallel to PKCδ to mediate the connexin43-dependent potentiation of Runx2 activity by FGF2 in MC3T3 osteoblastsCorinne Niger
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1035-44. 2012..we have shown that Cx43 can enhance the signaling and transcriptional response to fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in osteoblasts by increasing protein kinase C-δ (PKCδ) activation to affect Runx2 activity...
- Low molecular weight fibroblast growth factor-2 signals via protein kinase C and myofibrillar proteins to protect against postischemic cardiac dysfunctionJanet R Manning
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H1382-96. 2013Among its many biological roles, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) acutely protects the heart from dysfunction associated with ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 increases the expression of neurogenic genes and promotes the migration and differentiation of neurons derived from transplanted neural stem/progenitor cellsE Vergaño-Vera
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avda Dr Arce 37, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
Neuroscience 162:39-54. 2009..Hence, the migration and maturation of neurons derived from transplanted NSC can be promoted by upregulating neurogenic gene expression with FGF-2...
- Neuron-microglia crosstalk up-regulates neuronal FGF-2 expression which mediates neuroprotection against excitotoxicity via JNK1/2Catarina Figueiredo
Centro Biologia Desenvolvimento, Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal
J Neurochem 107:73-85. 2008..We suggest that FGF-2 plays a pivotal role in neuroprotection against QA as an outcome of neuron-microglia interaction...
- Nuclear isoforms of fibroblast growth factor 2 are novel inducers of hypophosphatemia via modulation of FGF23 and KLOTHOLiping Xiao
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2834-46. 2010b>FGF2 transgenic mice were developed in which type I collagen regulatory sequences drive the nuclear high molecular weight FGF2 isoforms in osteoblasts (TgHMW)...
- Roles of exogenous and endogenous FGF-2 in animal models of depressionJ Jarosik
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, Department of Neuroanatomy, Heidelberg, Germany
Restor Neurol Neurosci 29:153-65. 2011..Several members of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family have been shown to be dysregulated in individuals with major depression, and treatment with antidepressants has been reported to increase FGF-2 mRNA levels in the forebrain...
- Postnatal survival of mice with maternal duplication of distal chromosome 7 induced by a Igf2/H19 imprinting control region lacking insulator functionLi Han
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1000803. 2010..Our results are consistent with the idea that reduced expression of IGF2 plays a role in the aetiology of the human imprinting-related growth-deficit disorder, Silver-Russell syndrome...
- Myocardial induction of nucleostemin in response to postnatal growth and pathological challengeSailay Siddiqi
San Diego State University Heart Institute and Department of Biology, San Diego State University, CA 92182, USA
Circ Res 103:89-97. 2008....
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 in hyperplastic pituitaries of D2R knockout female miceCarolina Cristina
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, CONICET, V Obligado 2490, 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1341-51. 2007..Our objective was to study the expression of the mitogen fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) and its receptor, FGFR1, comparatively in pituitaries from KO and wild-type (WT) female mice...
- Expandable endodermal progenitors: new tools to explore endoderm and its derivativesHenrik Semb
Stem Cell Center, Lund University, BMC B10, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Cell Stem Cell 3:355-6. 2008..2008) used a reporter gene strategy to isolate replicating anterior definitive endoderm from mESCs...
- Adipose tissue engineering based on the controlled release of fibroblast growth factor-2 in a collagen matrixAditya V Vashi
Bernard O Brien Institute of Microsurgery, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Eng 12:3035-43. 2006..In conclusion, this study has shown that de novo formation of adipose tissue can be achieved through controlled release of FGF-2 in collagen type I in the absence of Matrigel...
- HSF4 is required for normal cell growth and differentiation during mouse lens developmentMitsuaki Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
EMBO J 23:4297-306. 2004....
- Impairment of neocortical long-term potentiation in mice deficient of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseS Haul
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Dusseldorf, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurophysiol 81:494-7. 1999..No LTP could be induced in knockout mice lacking the endothelial NOS (eNOS) isoform. These data suggest that eNOS is involved in an NMDA receptor-independent form of LTP in the rodent cerebral cortex...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) in mouse tooth morphogenesisL G Russo
Department of Structure, Function and Biotechnology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Growth Factors 15:125-33. 1998This study describes the spatio-temporal expression of basic Fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) during odontogenesis of mouse as revealed by immunohistology...
- Neurotrophic signaling in normal and degenerating rodent retinasK J Wahlin
Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 9277, USA
Exp Eye Res 73:693-701. 2001..These data add to the mounting evidence suggesting that neurotrophic factors act indirectly through Müller cells to promote photoreceptor survival...
- Expression of a binding protein for FGF is associated with epithelial development and skin carcinogenesisA Kurtz
Vincent T Lombardi Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Oncogene 14:2671-81. 1997..Finally, mouse FGF-BP binds to FGF-2 and can function as a modulator of FGF in FGF-responsive cells. Our results suggest a potential function of FGF-BP during development and tumorigenesis...
- Absence of fibroblast growth factor 2 does not prevent tumor formation originating from the RPEAlessandro Foletti
ISREC Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Oncogene 21:1841-7. 2002We have analysed the importance of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in tumor development...
- Id genes are direct targets of bone morphogenetic protein induction in embryonic stem cellsA Hollnagel
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:19838-45. 1999..cells responded very selectively to stimulation by various mesoderm inducers (BMP2/4, activin A, and basic fibroblast growth factor)...
- Basic FGF as an inducer of anteroposterior neural patternT Doniach
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724, USA
Cell 83:1067-70. 1995
- Inner ear basic fibroblast growth factor in CBA/J, C3H/HeJ, and autoimmune Palmerston north miceA D Pedersen
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 2997
Hear Res 66:253-9. 1993b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) has a mitogenic effect on fibroblasts and osteoblasts for matrix proliferation and on endothelial cells for neovascularization...
- Alterations in seizure susceptibility and in seizure-induced plasticity after pharmacologic and genetic manipulation of the fibroblast growth factor-2 systemSilvia Zucchini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, and Neuroscience Center, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Epilepsia 46:52-8. 2005..The aim of this minireview is to summarize and discuss the data supporting the idea that FGF-2 may be involved in seizure generation and in their sequelae...
- Regulation of neuronal death and calcitonin gene-related peptide by fibroblast growth factor-2 and FGFR3 after peripheral nerve injury: evidence from mouse mutantsJ Jungnickel
Hannover Medical School, Department of Neuroanatomy, Germany
Neuroscience 134:1343-50. 2005The presence and regulation of basic fibroblast growth factor and its high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptor FGFR3 in sensory neurons during development and after peripheral nerve injury suggest a physiological role of the fibroblast ..
- Temporal and quantitative analysis of myogenic regulatory and growth factor gene expression in the developing mouse embryoK Hannon
Department of Biotechnology Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Dev Biol 151:137-44. 1992..5 dpc, while bFGF was not detected until 10.5 dpc...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor in retinal development: differential levels of bFGF expression and content in normal and retinal degeneration (rd) mutant miceH Gao
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Biol 169:168-84. 1995..5, and 22 kDa of bFGF protein isolated from the adult retina. A bioassay indicates that this putative basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) stimulates proliferation of BALB/c 3T3 fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner identical to an ..
- Dose-dependent response of FGF-2 for lymphangiogenesisLynn K Chang
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11658-63. 2004..e., in the absence of angiogenesis, in the mouse cornea...
- Induction of keratinocyte growth factor expression is reduced and delayed during wound healing in the genetically diabetic mouseS Werner
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 103:469-73. 1994....
- FGD2, a CDC42-specific exchange factor expressed by antigen-presenting cells, localizes to early endosomes and active membrane rufflesChristoph Huber
Department of Immunology and Microbial Sciences, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 283:34002-12. 2008..These findings are consistent with a role of FGD2 in leukocyte signaling and vesicle trafficking in cells specialized to present antigen in the immune system...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is an intrinsic chondroprotective agent that suppresses ADAMTS-5 and delays cartilage degradation in murine osteoarthritisShi Lu Chia
Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:2019-27. 2009..In vitro, FGF-2 suppresses interleukin-1-driven aggrecanase activity in human cartilage explants, suggesting a chondroprotective role in vivo. We undertook this study to investigate the in vivo role of FGF-2 in murine cartilage...
- Initiation of mammalian liver development from endoderm by fibroblast growth factorsJ Jung
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Box G J363, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Science 284:1998-2003. 1999..Treatment of isolated foregut endoderm from mouse embryos with FGF1 or FGF2, but not FGF8, was sufficient to replace cardiac mesoderm as an inducer of the liver gene expression program, the ..
- A quantitative method for evaluation of FGF family and FGF receptor family gene expression by RT-PCRK Ozawa
Cell Biology Laboratory, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Ibaraki, Japan
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 1:211-6. 1997....
- KGF and EGF signalling block hair follicle induction and promote interfollicular epidermal fate in developing mouse skinGavin D Richardson
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Development 136:2153-64. 2009..We have also uncovered a previously unrecognised role for KGF signalling in the formation of hair follicles in the mouse...
- Characterization of FGFRL1, a novel fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor preferentially expressed in skeletal tissuesBeat Trueb
ITI Research Institute, University of Bern, P O Box 54, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:33857-65. 2003..Similar to FGF receptors, the expressed protein interacted specifically with heparin and with FGF2. When overexpressed in MG-63 osteosarcoma cells, the novel receptor had a negative effect on cell proliferation...
- Nucleotide sequence of a bovine clone encoding the angiogenic protein, basic fibroblast growth factorJ A Abraham
Science 233:545-8. 1986..Both growth factors seem to be synthesized with short amino-terminal extensions that are not found on the isolated forms for which the amino acid sequences have been determined. Neither basic nor acidic FGF has a classic signal peptide...
- Comparison of basic fibroblast growth factor in X-linked dystrophin-deficient myopathies of human, dog and mouseJ E Anderson
Department of Anatomy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Growth Factors 9:107-21. 1993Binding of polyclonal antibodies specific for bFGF was examined in tissue sections of myopathic and normal muscles from humans, dogs and mice...
- Chromosomal mapping of five highly conserved murine homologues of the Drosophila RING finger gene seven-in-absentiaA J Holloway
Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Genomics 41:160-8. 1997..By comparing the complexity of the Siah genes in these two mammalian species we have gained further insight into which members of this murine multigene family are likely to be functional...
- FGF inhibits neurite outgrowth over monolayers of astrocytes and fibroblasts expressing transfected cell adhesion moleculesE J Williams
Department of Experimental Pathology, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
J Cell Sci 108:3523-30. 1995..neurons on monolayers of cortical astrocytes in control medium or medium containing recombinant basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF). FGF was found to inhibit neurite outgrowth, with a significant effect seen at 0...
- Fibroblast growth factor influences the development and cycling of murine hair folliclesD L du Cros
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Dev Biol 156:444-53. 1993The effects of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) on the development of hair follicles in neonatal mouse skin were examined...
- Temporal and spatial immunolocalization of cytokines in murine chronic granulomatous tissue. Implications for their role in tissue development and repair processesI Appleton
Department of Experimental Pathology, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London, United Kingdom
Lab Invest 69:405-14. 1993..growth factor-beta (TGF-beta), platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin-1 alpha (IL-1) and IL-1 beta in ..
- A novel mechanism of sequestering fibroblast growth factor 2 by glypican in lipid rafts, allowing skeletal muscle differentiationJaime Gutierrez
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cell Biol 30:1634-49. 2010..Thus, glypican-1 acts as a positive regulator of muscle differentiation by sequestering FGF-2 in lipid rafts and preventing its binding and dependent signaling...
- Impaired myocardial capillarogenesis and increased adaptive capillary growth in FGF2-deficient miceKerstin Amann
Department of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Lab Invest 86:45-53. 2006b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) plays a major role in angiogenesis and capillary growth...
- Combined administration of naked DNA vectors encoding VEGF and bFGF enhances tissue perfusion and arteriogenesis in ischemic hindlimbJung Sun Lee
Cardiac and Vascular Center, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:752-8. 2007..studies have examined in detail the combined effects of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) gene delivery on collateral development...
- Fibroblast growth factor signaling regulates pillar cell development in the organ of cortiKristen L Mueller
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Neurosci 22:9368-77. 2002..The effects of increased FGFR3 activation were determined by exposing cochlear explants to FGF2, a strong ligand for several FGF receptors...
- FGFR3 is a negative regulator of the expansion of pancreatic epithelial cellsSandrine Arnaud-Dabernat
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Immunology, IMM23, 10550 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Diabetes 56:96-106. 2007..Consequently, this study suggests that FGFR3 participates in regulating pancreatic growth during the emergence of mature islet cells...
- Immunohistochemical study of genesis of the mouse oral vestibuleShunji Kumabe
Department of Oral Anatomy, Osaka Dental University, 8 1, Kuzuhahanazono cho, Hirakata shi, Osaka 573 1121, Japan
Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn 80:93-102. 2003..The following results were obtained: 1) EGF, TGFalpha, EGFR, PCNA, FGF2, pRb, and FGFR1-4 were immunolocalized in the developing tissues...
- FGF2 inhibits proliferation and alters the cartilage-like phenotype of RCS cellsPavel Krejci
Steven Spielberg Pediatric Research Center, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Exp Cell Res 297:152-64. 2004..Here, we studied the effects of FGF2 on RCS chondrocytes...
- Faster nerve regeneration after sciatic nerve injury in mice over-expressing basic fibroblast growth factorJulia Jungnickel
Department of Neuroanatomy OE 4140, Center of Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
J Neurobiol 66:940-8. 2006b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) is expressed in the peripheral nervous system and is up-regulated after nerve lesion...
- Essential role of Shp2-binding sites on FRS2alpha for corticogenesis and for FGF2-dependent proliferation of neural progenitor cellsS Yamamoto
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15983-8. 2005..Moreover, FGF2-responsive neurospheres, which are cell aggregates derived from neural stem/progenitor cells (NSPCs), from ..
- [Expression of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) in rat and mouse skin and its biological significance]X Fu
304th Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 81:609-12. 2001To explore the expression of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) in rat and mouse skin and to explore its potential biological singificance.
- The University of Connecticut BRIDGES NetworkMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2006..An evaluation format has been designed to monitor the success of the program. Computerized records of student status and progress will be logged into NIH ESTAR and used for tracking outcomes. ..
- REMYELINATION AND AXON INTEGRITY IN CHRONIC DEMYELINATIONRegina C Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, our preliminary data in FGF2-I- mice demonstrates that it is possible to overcome chronic lesion effects on endogenous oligodendrocyte lineage ..
- BASIC FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR EXPRESSION IN BONE CELLSMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2), a potent mitogen for osteoblasts and marrow stromal cells, is synthesized by bone cells...