Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf16
Description: fibroblast growth factor 16
Alias: fibroblast growth factor 16, FGF-16
- Matsumoto E, Sasaki S, Kinoshita H, Kito T, Ohta H, Konishi M, et al. Angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis are promoted in mice lacking Fgf16. Genes Cells. 2013;18:544-53 pubmed publisherFibroblast growth factors (Fgfs) are pleiotropic proteins involved in development, repair and metabolism. Fgf16 is predominantly expressed in the heart...
- Zhang Y, Li S, Yuan L, Tian Y, Weidenfeld J, Yang J, et al. Foxp1 coordinates cardiomyocyte proliferation through both cell-autonomous and nonautonomous mechanisms. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1746-57 pubmed publisher..Endocardial loss of Foxp1 results in decreased Fgf3/Fgf16/Fgf17/Fgf20 expression in the heart, leading to reduced cardiomyocyte proliferation...
- Lee J, Yu Q, Shin J, Sebzda E, Bertozzi C, Chen M, et al. Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivo. Dev Cell. 2006;11:845-57 pubmed..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function. ..
- Sontag D, Cattini P. Cloning and bacterial expression of postnatal mouse heart FGF-16. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;242:65-70 pubmed..3 kDa was detected. The generation of cardiac mFGF-16 cDNA and a purified FGF-16 protein preparation are seen as important tools in the further characterization of FGF-16 expression and function in the mammalian heart. ..
- Hajihosseini M, Heath J. Expression patterns of fibroblast growth factors-18 and -20 in mouse embryos is suggestive of novel roles in calvarial and limb development. Mech Dev. 2002;113:79-83 pubmed
- Takase H, Itoh T, Ino S, Wang T, Koji T, Akira S, et al. FGF7 is a functional niche signal required for stimulation of adult liver progenitor cells that support liver regeneration. Genes Dev. 2013;27:169-81 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the cellular and molecular basis for LPC regulation and identify FGF7 as a potential therapeutic target for liver diseases. ..
- Wright T, Hatch E, Karabagli H, Karabagli P, Schoenwolf G, Mansour S. Expression of mouse fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor genes during early inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:267-72 pubmed..Two members of the Fgf family, Fgf4 and Fgf16, and all three tested members of the Fgfr family, Fgfr2c, Fgfr3c, and Fgfr4, were expressed in tissues relevant to ..
- Du W, Prochazka J, Prochazkova M, Klein O. Expression of FGFs during early mouse tongue development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:81-7 pubmed publisher..5 and E14.5. During this period, Fgf5, Fgf6, Fgf7, Fgf9, Fgf10, Fgf13, Fgf15, Fgf16 and Fgf18 could all be detected with various intensities in the mesenchyme, whereas Fgf1 and Fgf2 were expressed ..
- Yu W, Huang X, Tian X, Zhang H, He L, Wang Y, et al. GATA4 regulates Fgf16 to promote heart repair after injury. Development. 2016;143:936-49 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, we found that the paracrine factor FGF16 was significantly reduced in the mutant hearts after injury compared with littermate controls and was directly ..
- Sofronescu A, Jin Y, Cattini P. A myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) site located in a hypersensitive region of the FGF16 gene locus is required for preferential promoter activity in neonatal cardiac myocytes. DNA Cell Biol. 2008;27:173-82 pubmed publisherb>Fibroblast growth factor 16 (FGF16) is preferentially expressed in the heart after birth, suggesting its regulation is associated with tissue-specific chromatin remodeling and DNA-protein interactions...