Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf13
Description: fibroblast growth factor 13
Alias: Fhf2, fibroblast growth factor 13, fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 2
- Smallwood P, Munoz Sanjuan I, Tong P, Macke J, Hendry S, Gilbert D, et al. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) homologous factors: new members of the FGF family implicated in nervous system development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9850-7 pubmed..Each FHF is expressed in the developing and adult nervous systems, suggesting a role for this branch of the FGF family in nervous system development and function. ..
- Hartung H, Feldman B, Lovec H, Coulier F, Birnbaum D, Goldfarb M. Murine FGF-12 and FGF-13: expression in embryonic nervous system, connective tissue and heart. Mech Dev. 1997;64:31-9 pubmed..Fgf12 and fgf13. RNAs were detected in developing central nervous system in cells outside the proliferating ependymal layer, and ..
- Puranam R, He X, Yao L, Le T, Jang W, Rehder C, et al. Disruption of Fgf13 causes synaptic excitatory-inhibitory imbalance and genetic epilepsy and febrile seizures plus. J Neurosci. 2015;35:8866-81 pubmed publisher..on the X chromosome disrupted a gene that encodes an auxiliary protein of voltage-gated Na(+) channels, fibroblast growth factor 13 (Fgf13)...
- Du W, Prochazka J, Prochazkova M, Klein O. Expression of FGFs during early mouse tongue development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:81-7 pubmed publisher..5 and E14.5. During this period, Fgf5, Fgf6, Fgf7, Fgf9, Fgf10, Fgf13, Fgf15, Fgf16 and Fgf18 could all be detected with various intensities in the mesenchyme, whereas Fgf1 and Fgf2 ..
- Wang X, Tang H, Wei E, Wang Z, Yang J, Yang R, et al. Conditional knockout of Fgf13 in murine hearts increases arrhythmia susceptibility and reveals novel ion channel modulatory roles. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2017;104:63-74 pubmed publisher..We generated inducible, cardiomyocyte-restricted Fgf13 knockout mice to determine the resultant effects of Fgf13 gene ablation...
- Wu Q, Yang L, Li S, Wang Q, Yuan X, Gao X, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 13 is a microtubule-stabilizing protein regulating neuronal polarization and migration. Cell. 2012;149:1549-64 pubmed publisher..b>FGF13, a nonsecretory protein of the FGF family, is expressed in cerebral cortical neurons during development and is a ..
- Dover K, Solinas S, D Angelo E, Goldfarb M. Long-term inactivation particle for voltage-gated sodium channels. J Physiol. 2010;588:3695-711 pubmed publisher..We discuss potential structural mechanisms of long-term inactivation and potential roles of A-type FHFs in the modulation of action potential generation and conduction. ..
- Wang C, Hennessey J, Kirkton R, Wang C, Graham V, Puranam R, et al. Fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 13 regulates Na+ channels and conduction velocity in murine hearts. Circ Res. 2011;109:775-82 pubmed publisher..We tested whether FHFs regulate Na(+) channels in murine heart. We demonstrated that isoforms of FGF13 are the predominant FHFs in adult mouse ventricular myocytes...
- Destefano G, Fantauzzo K, Petukhova L, Kurban M, Tadin Strapps M, Levy B, et al. Position effect on FGF13 associated with X-linked congenital generalized hypertrichosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7790-5 pubmed publisher..Among the genes surrounding the insertion, we found that Fibroblast Growth Factor 13 (FGF13) mRNA levels were significantly reduced in affected individuals, and immunofluorescence staining ..
- Kawano M, Suzuki S, Suzuki M, Oki J, Imamura T. Bulge- and basal layer-specific expression of fibroblast growth factor-13 (FHF-2) in mouse skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:1084-90 pubmed..These findings suggest that FGF-13 may play a role in regulating the function of cells in the bulge region and basal layer of the epidermis. ..
- Elliott R, Miller D, Pearsall R, Hohman C, Zhang Y, Poslinski D, et al. Genetic analysis of testis weight and fertility in an interspecies hybrid congenic strain for Chromosome X. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:45-51 pubmed..8 map units for Ihtw1. This region of the genetic map is orthologous to the region on human Chr X containing the gene for the Borjeson-Forssman-Lehman syndrome, an inherited disease in which males show microorchidism. ..
- Yang L, Dong F, Yang Q, Yang P, Wu R, Wu Q, et al. FGF13 Selectively Regulates Heat Nociception by Interacting with Nav1.7. Neuron. 2017;93:806-821.e9 pubmed publisher..We found that the loss of an intracellular fibroblast growth factor (FGF), FGF13, in the mouse DRG neurons selectively abolished heat nociception...
- Pablo J, Wang C, Presby M, Pitt G. Polarized localization of voltage-gated Na+ channels is regulated by concerted FGF13 and FGF14 action. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2665-74 pubmed publisher..Here, using knockdown strategies, we show that noncanonical FGF13 binds directly to VGSCs in hippocampal neurons to limit their somatodendritic surface expression, although ..