Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf12
Description: fibroblast growth factor 12
Alias: AV114868, B230343J05Rik, FGF-12, FHF-1, Fhf1, fibroblast growth factor 12, fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 1, myocyte-activating factor
- Hajihosseini M, Heath J. Expression patterns of fibroblast growth factors-18 and -20 in mouse embryos is suggestive of novel roles in calvarial and limb development. Mech Dev. 2002;113:79-83 pubmed
- Smallwood P, Munoz Sanjuan I, Tong P, Macke J, Hendry S, Gilbert D, et al. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) homologous factors: new members of the FGF family implicated in nervous system development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9850-7 pubmed..Each FHF is expressed in the developing and adult nervous systems, suggesting a role for this branch of the FGF family in nervous system development and function. ..
- Hartung H, Feldman B, Lovec H, Coulier F, Birnbaum D, Goldfarb M. Murine FGF-12 and FGF-13: expression in embryonic nervous system, connective tissue and heart. Mech Dev. 1997;64:31-9 pubmed..b>Fgf12 and fgf13...
- Wright T, Hatch E, Karabagli H, Karabagli P, Schoenwolf G, Mansour S. Expression of mouse fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor genes during early inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:267-72 pubmed..Fgf16 was expressed in the posterior otic cup and vesicle, suggesting roles in otic cell fate decisions and/or axis formation. ..
- Goldfarb M, Schoorlemmer J, Williams A, Diwakar S, Wang Q, Huang X, et al. Fibroblast growth factor homologous factors control neuronal excitability through modulation of voltage-gated sodium channels. Neuron. 2007;55:449-63 pubmed..b>Fhf1-/-Fhf4-/- mice suffer from severe ataxia and other neurological deficits...
- Bachler M, Neubüser A. Expression of members of the Fgf family and their receptors during midfacial development. Mech Dev. 2001;100:313-6 pubmed..5. In contrast to the restricted expression patterns of the ligands, FgfR1 and FgfR2 were broadly expressed in facial mesenchyme and ectoderm, respectively, indicating a wide competence of midfacial tissue to respond to FGF signaling. ..
- Du W, Prochazka J, Prochazkova M, Klein O. Expression of FGFs during early mouse tongue development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:81-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that FGF signaling regulates tongue development at multiple stages. ..