Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf1
Description: fibroblast growth factor 1
Alias: Dffrx, Fam, Fgf-1, Fgfa, HBGF-1, aFGF, acidic fibroblast growth factor, fibroblast growth factor 1 (acidic), heparin-binding growth factor 1
- Interspersed repetitive element polymerase chain reaction product mapping using a mouse interspecific backcrossR D Cox
Genome Analysis Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund Laboratories, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 10:375-84. 1991..We anticipate that many more markers remain to be characterized in this valuable new source of polymorphism...
- Functional evolutionary history of the mouse Fgf gene familyNobuyuki Itoh
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sakyo, Kyoto, Japan
Dev Dyn 237:18-27. 2008..subfamily (iFGFs), the hormone-like Fgf15/21/23 subfamily (hFGFs), and the canonical Fgf subfamilies, including Fgf1/2/5, Fgf3/4/6, Fgf7/10/22, Fgf8/17/18, and Fgf9/16/20. However, all Fgfs are evolutionarily related...
- Thrombin induces rapid PAR1-mediated non-classical FGF1 releaseMaria Duarte
Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 350:604-9. 2006..thrombin rapidly stimulated expression and release of the pro-angiogenic polypeptide fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1)...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor type 1 and 2 in carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury and fibrogenesisChundong Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, and the Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1653-62. 2003..the potential role of all 23 FGF polypeptides in the liver is still unclear, the most widely studied prototypes, FGF1 and FGF2, are present and have been implicated in liver cell growth and function in vitro...
- Compensation by fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) does not account for the mild phenotypic defects observed in FGF2 null miceD L Miller
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:2260-8. 2000Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) and FGF2, the prototypic members of the FGF family of growth factors, have been implicated in a variety of physiological and pathological processes...
- Characterization of the entire transcription unit of the mouse fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF-1) gene. Tissue-specific expression of the FGF-1.A mRNAF Madiai
Department of Internal Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11937-44. 1999..A mRNA. Finally, via both RNase protection analysis and 5'-rapid amplification of cDNA ends, we determined the transcription start site of the FGF-1.A mRNA...
- Internal ribosome entry site structural motifs conserved among mammalian fibroblast growth factor 1 alternatively spliced mRNAsYvan Martineau
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U589, Hormones, Facteurs de Croissance et Physiopathologie Vasculaire, Institut Louis Bugnard, IFR31, CHU Rangueil, 31059 Toulouse cedex 09, France
Mol Cell Biol 24:7622-35. 2004..These data favor an important role of IRESs in the control of FGF-1 expression and provide a new IRES structural motif that could help IRES prediction in 5' UTR databases...
- Tumorigenesis in transgenic mice in which the SV40 T antigen is driven by the brain-specific FGF1 promoterI M Chiu
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, OH 43210, USA
Oncogene 19:6229-39. 2000..Previously, we have shown that the human FGF1 gene contains four distinct tissue-specific promoters...
- Developmental regulation of neural response to FGF-1 and FGF-2 by heparan sulfate proteoglycanV Nurcombe
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Science 260:103-6. 1993..Thus, a single species of HSPG undergoes a rapid, tightly controlled change in growth factor-binding specificity concomitant with the temporal expression of the FGFs...
- Characterization of the 1B promoter of fibroblast growth factor 1 and its expression in the adult and developing mouse brainK Y Alam
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 271:30263-71. 1996..The relatively late developmental expression suggests a role for FGF-1 in neuronal maturation, rather than in neurogenesis...
- Phosphorylation of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 1 at Ser777 by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase regulates translocation of exogenous FGF1 to the cytosol and nucleusVigdis Sørensen
Centre for Cancer Biomedicine, Faculty Division Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Mol Cell Biol 28:4129-41. 2008Exogenous fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) signals through activation of transmembrane FGF receptors (FGFRs) but may also regulate cellular processes after translocation to the cytosol and nucleus of target cells...
- Phosphorylation-regulated nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of internalized fibroblast growth factor-1Antoni Wiedłocha
Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Mol Biol Cell 16:794-810. 2005..The nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of the phosphorylated growth factor is likely to play a role in the activity of internalized FGF-1...
- A molecular genetic linkage map of mouse chromosome 18 reveals extensive linkage conservation with human chromosomes 5 and 18M J Justice
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Genomics 13:1281-8. 1992..The Apc, Camk2a, D18Fcr1, D18Fcr2, D18Leh1, D18Leh2, Dcc, Emb-rs3, Fgfa, Fim-2/Csfmr, Gnal, Grl-1, Grp, Hk-1rs1, Ii, Kns, Lmnb, Mbp, Mcc, Mtv-38, Palb, Pdgfrb, and Tpl-2 genes were mapped ..
- Retinoic acid-dependent signaling pathways and lineage events in the developing mouse spinal cordMarie Paschaki
Development and Stem Cells Department, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR 7104, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 964, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch Strasbourg, France
PLoS ONE 7:e32447. 2012....
- A PPARγ-FGF1 axis is required for adaptive adipose remodelling and metabolic homeostasisJohan W Jonker
Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 485:391-4. 2012..Here we identify fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) as a critical transducer in this process in mice, and link its regulation to the nuclear receptor PPARγ (..
- Evidence of interlobular repulsion during branching morphogenesis in mouse salivary glandsKatsuya Okamoto
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Chiba University, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Dev Dyn 239:2208-18. 2010..In contrast, strong repulsion was observed among the epithelia cultured with fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1), which exhibited less branching and moved away from the center...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-3 is expressed in undifferentiated intestinal epithelial cells during murine crypt morphogenesisAlda Vidrich
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Dev Dyn 230:114-23. 2004..FGFR-3 IIIb was the dominant isoform expressed in both small intestinal and colonic crypts. Expression of FGF1, FGF2, and FGF9, known ligands of FGFR-3, paralleled patterns of FGFR-3 expression during gut development...
- The function of FGF signaling in the lens placodeClaudia M Garcia
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 351:176-85. 2011..Since the expression of proteins required for lens formation was not altered in the knockout placode cells, we can conclude that FGF signaling from the optic vesicle is not required for lens induction...
- Postnatal lethality in mice lacking the Sax2 homeobox gene homologous to Drosophila S59/slouch: evidence for positive and negative autoregulationRuth Simon
Brookdale Center for Developmental and Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:9046-60. 2003..Intriguingly, our studies also demonstrated a striking autoregulation of the Sax2 gene in both positive- and negative-feedback mechanisms depending on the specific cell type expressing Sax2...
- The alternative translation of synaptotagmin 1 mediates the non-classical release of FGF1C Bagala
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:1041-7. 2003..protein, p65 synaptotagmin (Syt) 1, is essential for the non-classical export of the signal peptide-less structure, FGF1, it was not possible to identify a specific intracellular protease responsible for the processing of p65 Syt1...
- Expression of mouse fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor genes during early inner ear developmentTracy J Wright
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5330, USA
Dev Dyn 228:267-72. 2003..Fgf16 was expressed in the posterior otic cup and vesicle, suggesting roles in otic cell fate decisions and/or axis formation...
- A delayed-early gene activated by fibroblast growth factor-1 encodes a protein related to aldose reductaseP J Donohue
Department of Molecular Biology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855
J Biol Chem 269:8604-9. 1994..These results raise the possibility that aldose reductase-related proteins may play a role in FGF-1- and FGF-2-stimulated mitogenesis...
- Increased protein stability of FGF1 can compensate for its reduced affinity for heparinMalgorzata Zakrzewska
Centre for Cancer Biomedicine, University of Oslo, and Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Cancer Research, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 284:25388-403. 2009Human FGF1 (fibroblast growth factor 1) is a powerful signaling molecule with a short half-life in vivo and a denaturation temperature close to physiological...
- Gene expression profiles of mouse submandibular gland development: FGFR1 regulates branching morphogenesis in vitro through BMP- and FGF-dependent mechanismsMatthew P Hoffman
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, MSC 4370, Bethesda, MD 20892 4370, USA
Development 129:5767-78. 2002..FGFR1 signaling regulates Fgfr1, Fgf1, Fgf3 and Bmp7 expression and indirectly regulates Fgf7, Fgf10 and Bmp4...
- Depletion of FGF acts as a lateral inhibitory factor in lung branching morphogenesis in vitroTakashi Miura
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Mech Dev 116:29-38. 2002..exerted a lateral inhibitory effect on the neighbouring epithelium via depletion of fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1). Contrary to previous suggestions, bone morphogenetic protein 4 could not substitute for the inhibitory effect...
- Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) in the cochlear nucleus of the adult mouse following acoustic overstimulationLee Smith
Department of Neuroscience, The University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 3401, USA
Hear Res 169:1-12. 2002..Not limited to regions of cochlear nerve fiber and inner hair cell loss, the changes in FGFs may represent a reaction to outer hair cell damage which spreads broadly across the central pathways...
- Cell-surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans potentiate chordin antagonism of bone morphogenetic protein signaling and are necessary for cellular uptake of chordinReema Jasuja
Program in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 279:51289-97. 2004..These data and others regarding Chordin diffusion have implications for the paradigm of how Chordin is thought to regulate BMP signaling in the extracellular space and how gradients of BMP signaling are formed...
- HSF4 is required for normal cell growth and differentiation during mouse lens developmentMitsuaki Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
EMBO J 23:4297-306. 2004....
- A discrete period of FGF-induced Erk1/2 signalling is required for vertebrate neural specificationMarios P Stavridis
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Development 134:2889-94. 2007....
- 6-O-sulfation of heparan sulfate differentially regulates various fibroblast growth factor-dependent signalings in cultureNoriko Sugaya
Institute for Molecular Science of Medicine, Aichi Medical University, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:10366-76. 2008..5-fold higher than that of HS from WT-MEFs. Thus, 6-O-sulfate in HS may regulate the signalings of some of HB-GFs, including FGFs, by inducing different interactions between ligands and their receptors...
- Release of FGF1 and p40 synaptotagmin 1 correlates with their membrane destabilizing abilityIrene Graziani
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:192-9. 2006..b>FGF1 and the other components of its secretory complex are signal peptide-less proteins...
- Differential effect of FGF and PDGF on cell proliferation and migration in osteoblastic cellsSu Jin Kim
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan 602 739, South Korea
Growth Factors 25:77-86. 2007..These data are of importance in understanding the roles of these growth factors in osteoblastic cell proliferation and migration...
- Mechanism for FGF-1 to regulate biogenesis of apoE-HDL in astrocytesJin Ichi Ito
Biochemistry, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Lipid Res 48:2020-7. 2007..The PI3K/Akt pathway upregulates secretion of apoE/apoE-HDL, the MEK/ERK pathway stimulates cholesterol biosynthesis, and an unknown pathway enhances apoE transcription...
- Angiogenic factors stimulate tubular branching morphogenesis of sonic hedgehog-deficient lungsMinke van Tuyl
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Lung Development, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, University of Toronto, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 303:514-26. 2007..Stimulation of vascularization with angiogenic factors such as Fgf2 and Ang1 partially restored tubular growth and branching in Shh-deficient lungs, suggesting that vascularization is required for branching morphogenesis...
- Developmentally regulated expression of MSX1, MSX2 and Fgfs in the developing mouse cranial baseXuguang Nie
Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Angle Orthod 76:990-5. 2006..To examine the expression pattern of the Fgf and Msx genes in cranial base development...
- Protein folding does not prevent the nonclassical export of FGF1 and S100A13Irene Graziani
Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, 81 Research Dr, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:350-4. 2009..is included in this group of polypeptides, as well as S100A13 that is a small calcium-binding protein critical for FGF1 export. Classically secreted proteins are transported into ER in their unfolded states...
- Fibroblast growth factor 1 induced during myogenesis by a transcription-translation coupling mechanismCaroline Conte
INSERM, U858 and Institut de Médecine Moléculaire de Rangueil, Universite de Toulouse, UPS, IFR150, F 31432 Toulouse, France
Nucleic Acids Res 37:5267-78. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) is involved in muscle development and regeneration. The FGF1 gene contains four tissue-specific promoters allowing synthesis of four transcripts with distinct leader regions...
- The p107/E2F pathway regulates fibroblast growth factor 2 responsiveness in neural precursor cellsKelly A McClellan
University of Ottawa, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 29:4701-13. 2009..By identifying novel roles for p107/E2F in regulating genes outside of the classical cell cycle machinery targets, we uncover a new mechanism whereby Rb/E2F mediates proliferation through regulating growth factor responsiveness...
- Forced expression of hepatocyte-specific fibroblast growth factor 21 delays initiation of chemically induced hepatocarcinogenesisXinqiang Huang
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:934-42. 2006..Here we showed that although widely expressed FGF1 and FGF2 are frequently upregulated in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), germline deletion of both FGF1 and FGF2 had ..
- Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouseAlexandra A Blak
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:1023-30. 2005..Fgfr3 expression is in contact with the Fgf8 expression domain only in the rostroventral hindbrain. Based on these findings, we postulate a role for FGFR2 and FGFR3 in FGF signaling in the ventral midbrain and hindbrain...
- Different thresholds of fibroblast growth factors pattern the ventral foregut into liver and lungAmanda E Serls
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, 1056 East 19th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Development 132:35-47. 2005..Together, the findings suggest that a concentration threshold of FGFs emanating from the cardiac mesoderm are involved in patterning the foregut endoderm...
- Expression patterns of fibroblast growth factors-18 and -20 in mouse embryos is suggestive of novel roles in calvarial and limb developmentMohammad K Hajihosseini
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Mech Dev 113:79-83. 2002....
- Immunolocalization of acidic and basic fibroblast growth factors during mouse odontogenesisY Cam
Institut de Biologie Medicale, INSERM CJF 88 08, Universite Louis Pasteur, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Int J Dev Biol 36:381-9. 1992Acidic and basic fibroblast growth factors (aFGF and bFGF), are both known to bind to extracellular matrix components, particularly proteoheparin sulfates, and to regulate in vitro proliferation, differentiation and morphology of cells of ..
- Cloning and characterization of the mouse Fgf-1 geneF Madiai
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, William H Davis Medical Research Center, Columbus 43210, USA
Gene 179:231-6. 1996Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF-1 or aFGF), is a mitogen for a variety of mesoderm- and neuroectoderm-derived cells, as well as an angiogenic factor in vivo...
- Msx1 controls inductive signaling in mammalian tooth morphogenesisY Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 122:3035-44. 1996..We propose that Msx genes function repetitively during vertebrate organogenesis to permit inductive signaling to occur back and forth between tissue layers...
- Expression of the fibroblast growth factor family and their receptor family genes during mouse brain developmentK Ozawa
Cell Biology Laboratory, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Ibaraki, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 41:279-88. 1996..e., proliferation and migration of neuronal progenitor cells, neuron and glia differentiation, neurite extensions, and synapse formations...
- Chromosomal localisation of genes coding for human and mouse liver cytosolic cysteine dioxygenaseS Jeremiah
Galton Laboratory, University College London, UK
Ann Hum Genet 60:29-33. 1996..Interspecific backcross mapping in the mouse indicated that Cdo, the mouse homologue of CDO, is situated in the central region of mouse chromosome 18 which shares a region of homology with human chromosome 5...
- FGF suppresses apoptosis and induces differentiation of fibre cells in the mouse lensR L Chow
Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016, USA
Development 121:4383-93. 1995..These results show that lens fibre cells are dependent on FGF for their survival and differentiation, and demonstrate that growth factor deprivation in vivo can lead to apoptosis...
- Mapping of multiple intestinal neoplasia (Min) to proximal chromosome 18 of the mouseC Luongo
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Madison 53706
Genomics 15:3-8. 1993....
- Induction of keratinocyte growth factor expression is reduced and delayed during wound healing in the genetically diabetic mouseS Werner
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 103:469-73. 1994..Induction of acidic fibroblast growth factor (FGF) and basic FGF expression was earlier in diabetic mice than in normal mice, but by 3 d after ..
- Identification by targeted differential display of an immediate early gene encoding a putative serine/threonine kinaseP J Donohue
Department of Molecular Biology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 270:10351-7. 1995..These results indicate that Fnk may be a transiently expressed protein kinase involved in the early signaling events required for growth factor-stimulated cell cycle progression...
- Murine cortactin is phosphorylated in response to fibroblast growth factor-1 on tyrosine residues late in the G1 phase of the BALB/c 3T3 cell cycleX Zhan
Department of Molecular Biology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855
J Biol Chem 268:24427-31. 1993..Because the chicken cortactin gene was originally isolated as a substrate for v-Src, FGF-1 may influence the enzymatic activity of other cell-associated tyrosine kinases which utilize p80/p85 (cortactin) as a polypeptide substrate...
- Fibroblast growth factor-1 induces phosphofructokinase, fatty acid synthase and Ca(2+)-ATPase mRNA expression in NIH 3T3 cellsD K Hsu
Department of Molecular Biology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 197:1483-91. 1993..These results indicate that enhanced expression of the PFK, FAS and SERCA2 proteins may be important for FGF-1-stimulated cell proliferation...
- Localization of acidic fibroblast growth factor (aFGF) mRNA in mouse and bovine retina by in situ hybridizationE Jacquemin
Unite de Recherches Gerontologiques, U 118 INSERM, Unité affiliée CNRS, Association Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Neurosci Lett 116:23-8. 1990b>Acidic fibroblast growth factor (aFGF) mRNA has been detected in adult mouse or bovine retina by in situ hybridization with bovine aFGF cDNA clones...
- A multipoint genetic linkage map of mouse chromosome 18K R Johnson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 13:1143-9. 1992..3-Tpi-10-11.8-(Egr-1, Hmg17-rs9)-2.1-Fgfa-2.2-Grl-1-10.1-(Cdx-1, Csfmr, Pdgfrb, Pdea, Rps14)-2.1-Adrb-2-22.9-Mbp...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel upstream untranslated exon of the mouse Fgf-1 geneK V Hackshaw
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, William H Davis Medical Research Center, Columbus 43210, USA
Gene 180:131-5. 1996Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF-1 or aFGF), is the prototype member of the heparin-binding growth factors which are capable of angiogenesis in vivo...
- FGF-1 and FGF-7 induce distinct patterns of growth and differentiation in embryonic lung epitheliumW V Cardoso
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Dyn 208:398-405. 1997..By using mesenchyme-free lung epithelial cultures we show that FGF-1 (aFGF) and FGF-7 (KGF) produce different effects in the developing lung...
- Neuropeptide Y receptor genes mapped in human and mouse: receptors with high affinity for pancreatic polypeptide are not clustered with receptors specific for neuropeptide Y and peptide YYC M Lutz
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genomics 46:287-90. 1997..The physical association of these receptor genes correlates with ligand-binding properties, rather than sequence identity, and suggests a complex evolutionary relationship...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel form of mouse fibroblast growth factor-1 (FGF-1) mRNA, FGF-1.G: differential expression of FGF-1 and FGF-1.G mRNAs during embryonic development and in postnatal tissuesY Zhang
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, William H Davis Medical Research Center, Columbus 43210, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1521:45-58. 2001..On the other hand, the parallel decrease of both FGF-1 and FGF-1.G mRNA levels we observed in the aging mouse kidney and liver suggests a role of FGF-1.G in normal cellular maintenance and survival...
- The expression of fibroblast growth factors and their receptors in the embryonic and neonatal mouse inner earJ O Pickles
Vision, Touch and Hearing Research Centre, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, 4072, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Hear Res 155:54-62. 2001..The expression of the b and c variants of the FGF receptors, together with the expression of the ligands FGF1, FGF2, FGF3, FGF7, FGF8b and FGF8c, was determined by quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction ..
- Expression of members of the Fgf family and their receptors during midfacial developmentM Bachler
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Mech Dev 100:313-6. 2001..their function during craniofacial development we have analyzed the expression of 18 members of the Fgf family (Fgf1-15, -17, -18 and -20) and the four members of the FGF-receptor family in the prospective midfacial region between ..
- Signaling and transcriptional regulation in early mammalian eye development: a link between FGF and MITFM Nguyen
Laboratory of Developmental Neurogenetics, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Development 127:3581-91. 2000....
- Perlecan is essential for cartilage and cephalic developmentE Arikawa-Hirasawa
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 23:354-8. 1999..Our findings suggest that these molecules affect similar signalling pathways...
- Cloning and expression of a murine histone deacetylase 3 (mHdac3) cDNA and mapping to a region of conserved synteny between murine chromosome 18 and human chromosome 5F Dangond
Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol Res Commun 2:91-6. 1999..3-q32 telomeric to the cytokine gene cluster. Transfection of mHdac3 into HeLa cells led to accumulation in G2/M. Our results suggest a cell cycle function for murine Hdac3, reflecting the complex regulatory roles of this gene family...
- Initiation of mammalian liver development from endoderm by fibroblast growth factorsJ Jung
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Box G J363, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Science 284:1998-2003. 1999..Treatment of isolated foregut endoderm from mouse embryos with FGF1 or FGF2, but not FGF8, was sufficient to replace cardiac mesoderm as an inducer of the liver gene expression ..
- FGF signaling in mouse gastrulation and anteroposterior patterningJ Rossant
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 62:127-33. 1997
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 control of vascular toneM Zhou
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267, USA
Nat Med 4:201-7. 1998..These results force us to reconsider the function of FGF2 in vascular development and homeostasis in terms of vascular tone control...
- Fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) and branching morphogenesis in the embryonic mouse lungS Bellusci
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2175, USA
Development 124:4867-78. 1997..This response involves an increase in the rate of endodermal cell proliferation. The activity of FGF1, FGF7 and FGF10 was also tested directly on isolated endoderm in Matrigel culture...
- Embryonic submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific protein localization of FGFs, BMPs, Pax6 and Pax9 in normal mice and abnormal SMG phenotypes in FgfR2-IIIc(+/Delta), BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) miceTina Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 170:83-98. 2002..Finally, our observations of abnormal SMGs in BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) indicate that both BMP7 and Pax6 play important roles during embryonic SMG branching morphogenesis...
- Fibroblast-growth-factor receptor mutations in human skeletal disordersM Muenke
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 4399, USA
Trends Genet 11:308-13. 1995..Comparison of these specific mutations with the resulting phenotypes is now providing new insight into the role of these receptors in normal and abnormal bone development...
- Genetic localization of Cd63, a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, reveals two distinct loci in the mouse genomeB Gwynn
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, USA
Genomics 35:389-91. 1996..The second locus maps to mouse Chr 18 in a region that bears no known human CD63-related genes. No SPD has been localized to these regions of either the mouse or the human chromosomes...
- Role of FGF10/FGFR2b signaling during mammary gland development in the mouse embryoArnaud André Mailleux
UMR144 CNRS Institut Curie, 26 rue d Ulm 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 129:53-60. 2002..Our results also suggest that FGF signaling is involved in the maintenance of mammary bud 4, and that Fgf10 deficient epithelium can undergo branching morphogenesis into the mammary fat pad precursor...
- Localization patterns of fibroblast growth factor 1 and its receptors FGFR1 and FGFR2 in postnatal mouse retinaElisabetta Catalani
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Universita della Tuscia, Largo dell Università snc, Blocco D, 01100, Viterbo, Italy
Cell Tissue Res 336:423-38. 2009..Here, we report a detailed double-label immunohistochemical investigation of the localization patterns of FGF1 and its receptors FGFR1 and FGFR2 in adult and early postnatal mouse retinas...
- Genomic structure and chromosomal mapping of the mouse N-cadherin geneS Miyatani
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Science, Kyoto University, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:8443-7. 1992..The E- and P-cadherin genes are tightly linked and located on chromosome 8 in this species. Thus, N-cadherin is unlinked to these other cadherin loci...
- Chromosomal localizations of mouse Fgf2 and Fgf5 genesM G Mattei
U 242 INSERM, Hopital d Enfants de la Timone, Marseille, France
Mamm Genome 2:135-7. 1992
- Human endothelial cell growth factor: cloning, nucleotide sequence, and chromosome localizationM Jaye
Science 233:541-5. 1986..This property is shared by human interleukin-1, which is approximately 30 percent homologous to ECGF...
- FGF is an essential regulator of the fifth cell division in preimplantation mouse embryosN Chai
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Dev Biol 198:105-15. 1998..The signal requirement for FGF is cell autonomous, but is not required to prevent cell death. This provides the first evidence for the necessity of a growth factor before implantation...
- Lack of FGF-1 overexpression during autoimmune nephritis in the kidneys of MRL lpr/lpr miceF Madiai
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 103:37-44. 1999..These results suggest that FGF-1 may not be involved in the pathogenesis of autoimmune nephritis in MRL lpr/lpr mice...