Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fcgr3
Description: Fc receptor, IgG, low affinity III
Alias: CD16, low affinity immunoglobulin gamma Fc region receptor III, Fc gamma receptor III, Fcg receptor III, FcgammaRIII, fc-gamma RIII, fcRIII, igG Fc receptor III
- Hamaguchi Y, Xiu Y, Komura K, Nimmerjahn F, Tedder T. Antibody isotype-specific engagement of Fcgamma receptors regulates B lymphocyte depletion during CD20 immunotherapy. J Exp Med. 2006;203:743-53 pubmed..mAb subclass differences, B cell depletion was assessed in mice deficient or blocked for stimulatory FcgammaRI, FcgammaRIII, FcgammaRIV, or FcR common gamma chain, or inhibitory FcgammaRIIB...
- Hazenbos W, Gessner J, Hofhuis F, Kuipers H, Meyer D, Heijnen I, et al. Impaired IgG-dependent anaphylaxis and Arthus reaction in Fc gamma RIII (CD16) deficient mice. Immunity. 1996;5:181-8 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that mice deficient for the ligand-binding alpha chain of Fc gamma RIII lack NK cell-mediated antibody-dependent cytotoxicity and phagocytosis of IgG1-coated particles by macrophages...
- Ji H, Ohmura K, Mahmood U, Lee D, Hofhuis F, Boackle S, et al. Arthritis critically dependent on innate immune system players. Immunity. 2002;16:157-68 pubmed..Here, we show that the arthritogenic Igs act through both Fc receptors (in particular, FcgammaRIII) and the complement network (C5a)...
- Meyer D, Schiller C, Westermann J, Izui S, Hazenbos W, Verbeek J, et al. FcgammaRIII (CD16)-deficient mice show IgG isotype-dependent protection to experimental autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Blood. 1998;92:3997-4002 pubmed..pathogenic IgG1 (105-2H) and IgG2a (34-3C) autoreactive anti-red blood cell antibodies in mice defective for FcgammaRIII, and comparing the clinical outcome to those in wild-type mice...
- Fossati Jimack L, Ioan Facsinay A, Reininger L, Chicheportiche Y, Watanabe N, Saito T, et al. Markedly different pathogenicity of four immunoglobulin G isotype-switch variants of an antierythrocyte autoantibody is based on their capacity to interact in vivo with the low-affinity Fcgamma receptor III. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1293-302 pubmed..4C8 IgM antierythrocyte autoantibody and its relation to the contributions of the two FcgammaR, FcgammaRI, and FcgammaRIII, operative in the phagocytosis of opsonized particles...
- Ioan Facsinay A, De Kimpe S, Hellwig S, van Lent P, Hofhuis F, Van Ojik H, et al. FcgammaRI (CD64) contributes substantially to severity of arthritis, hypersensitivity responses, and protection from bacterial infection. Immunity. 2002;16:391-402 pubmed..IgG, FcgammaRI, shares its capacity to bind IgG2a immune complexes (IgG2a-IC) with the low-affinity receptor FcgammaRIII and complement factors, hampering the definition of its biological role...
- Takai T, Li M, Sylvestre D, Clynes R, Ravetch J. FcR gamma chain deletion results in pleiotrophic effector cell defects. Cell. 1994;76:519-29 pubmed..gamma subunit of immunoglobulin Fc receptors is an essential component of the high-affinity receptor for IgG (Fc gamma RIII) and is associated with the high-affinity receptor for IgG (Fc gamma RI) and the T cell receptor-CD3 complex...
- Bruhns P, Samuelsson A, Pollard J, Ravetch J. Colony-stimulating factor-1-dependent macrophages are responsible for IVIG protection in antibody-induced autoimmune disease. Immunity. 2003;18:573-81 pubmed..Fc fragment of IVIG, leading to the induction of Fc gamma RIIB on CSF-1-independent "effector" macrophages thereby raising the threshold required for Fc gamma RIII activation and preventing autoantibody-triggered inflammation.
- Uchida J, Hamaguchi Y, Oliver J, Ravetch J, Poe J, Haas K, et al. The innate mononuclear phagocyte network depletes B lymphocytes through Fc receptor-dependent mechanisms during anti-CD20 antibody immunotherapy. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1659-69 pubmed..B cell depletion used both FcgammaRI- and FcgammaRIII-dependent pathways, whereas B cells were not eliminated in FcR common gamma chain-deficient mice...
- Strait R, Morris S, Finkelman F. IgG-blocking antibodies inhibit IgE-mediated anaphylaxis in vivo through both antigen interception and Fc gamma RIIb cross-linking. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:833-41 pubmed
- Takizawa F, Adamczewski M, Kinet J. Identification of the low affinity receptor for immunoglobulin E on mouse mast cells and macrophages as Fc gamma RII and Fc gamma RIII. J Exp Med. 1992;176:469-75 pubmed..In this paper, we show that Fc gamma RII and Fc gamma RIII, but not Mac-2, on mouse mast cells and macrophages bind IgE-immune complexes...
- Ravetch J. Fc receptors: rubor redux. Cell. 1994;78:553-60 pubmed
- Nimmerjahn F, Ravetch J. Divergent immunoglobulin g subclass activity through selective Fc receptor binding. Science. 2005;310:1510-2 pubmed..We suggest that these highly predictable functions assigned by Fc binding will be an important consideration in the design of therapeutic antibodies and vaccines. ..
- Shushakova N, Skokowa J, Schulman J, Baumann U, Zwirner J, Schmidt R, et al. C5a anaphylatoxin is a major regulator of activating versus inhibitory FcgammaRs in immune complex-induced lung disease. J Clin Invest. 2002;110:1823-30 pubmedIgG Fc receptors (FcgammaRs, especially FcgammaRIII) and complement (in particular, C5a anaphylatoxin) are critical effectors of the acute inflammatory response to immune complexes (ICs)...
- Ferraro T, Golden G, Smith G, Martin J, Lohoff F, Gieringer T, et al. Fine mapping of a seizure susceptibility locus on mouse Chromosome 1: nomination of Kcnj10 as a causative gene. Mamm Genome. 2004;15:239-51 pubmed..1-Mb critical interval between Fcgr3 and D1Mit150...
- Jongstra Bilen J, Harrison R, Grinstein S. Fcgamma-receptors induce Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18) mobilization and accumulation in the phagocytic cup for optimal phagocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45720-9 pubmed..FcgammaR can enhance host defense by activating Mac-1 (and possibly other integrins), having a synergistic effect on pathogen engulfment and promoting the adherence of phagocytes at sites of infection. ..
- Ujike A, Ishikawa Y, Ono M, Yuasa T, Yoshino T, Fukumoto M, et al. Modulation of immunoglobulin (Ig)E-mediated systemic anaphylaxis by low-affinity Fc receptors for IgG. J Exp Med. 1999;189:1573-9 pubmed..display enhanced IgE-mediated anaphylactic responses, whereas mice deficient in an IgG activation receptor, FcgammaRIII, display a corresponding attenuation of IgE-mediated responses...
- Takai T, Ono M, Hikida M, Ohmori H, Ravetch J. Augmented humoral and anaphylactic responses in Fc gamma RII-deficient mice. Nature. 1996;379:346-9 pubmed..passive cutaneous analphylaxis reaction, the result of a decreased threshold for mast-cell activation by Fc gamma RIII cross-linking...
- Mechetina L, Najakshin A, Alabyev B, Chikaev N, Taranin A. Identification of CD16-2, a novel mouse receptor homologous to CD16/Fc gamma RIII. Immunogenetics. 2002;54:463-8 pubmedIt is believed that mouse Fc gamma RIII arose by an evolutionarily recent recombination, which brought together the extracellular domains from Fc gamma RII with the transmembrane/cytoplasmic region from the ancestor Fc gamma RIII...
- Haywood M, Hogarth M, Slingsby J, Rose S, Allen P, Thompson E, et al. Identification of intervals on chromosomes 1, 3, and 13 linked to the development of lupus in BXSB mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2000;43:349-55 pubmed..SLE in the BXSB mouse model has a complex genetic basis and involves at least 5 distinct intervals located on chromosomes 1 and 3. There is evidence that different intervals affect particular aspects of the SLE phenotype. ..
- Nabbe K, Blom A, Holthuysen A, Boross P, Roth J, Verbeek S, et al. Coordinate expression of activating Fc gamma receptors I and III and inhibiting Fc gamma receptor type II in the determination of joint inflammation and cartilage destruction during immune complex-mediated arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2003;48:255-65 pubmedTo study the role of the activating Fc gamma receptor types I and III (Fc gamma RI and Fc gamma RIII, respectively) and the inhibiting Fc gamma receptor II (Fc gamma RII) in inflammation and in various aspects of cartilage destruction ..
- Tarzi R, Davies K, Robson M, Fossati Jimack L, Saito T, Walport M, et al. Nephrotoxic nephritis is mediated by Fcgamma receptors on circulating leukocytes and not intrinsic renal cells. Kidney Int. 2002;62:2087-96 pubmed..the gamma chain signaling subunit and therefore do not express the activator Fcgamma receptors (FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII) or the high affinity IgE receptor, FcepsilonRI...
- Daeron M. Fc receptor biology. Annu Rev Immunol. 1997;15:203-34 pubmed..FcR therefore appear as the subunits of multichain receptors whose constitution is not predetermined and which deliver adaptative messages as a function of the environment. ..
- Rittirsch D, Flierl M, Day D, Nadeau B, Zetoune F, Sarma J, et al. Cross-talk between TLR4 and FcgammaReceptorIII (CD16) pathways. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000464 pubmed publisher..in vitro activation of phagocytes by IgG immune complexes (IgGIC) resulted in an association of TLR4 with FcgammaRIII (CD16) based on co-immunoprecipitation analyses...
- Giorgini A, Brown H, Lock H, Nimmerjahn F, Ravetch J, Verbeek J, et al. Fc gamma RIII and Fc gamma RIV are indispensable for acute glomerular inflammation induced by switch variant monoclonal antibodies. J Immunol. 2008;181:8745-52 pubmed..Using knockout mice, we showed that FcgammaRIII was necessary for both neutrophil influx and glomerular damage induced by IgG2a and IgG2b...
- Hirano M, Davis R, Fine W, Nakamura S, Shimizu K, Yagi H, et al. IgEb immune complexes activate macrophages through FcgammaRIV binding. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:762-71 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that FcgammaRIV, identified here as the mouse ortholog of primate FcgammaRIII, required association of the FcR gamma-chain for optimal expression and function on myeloid cells; its ..
- Kaplan C, Cao Y, Verbeek J, Tunyogi Csapo M, Finnegan A. Development of proteoglycan-induced arthritis is critically dependent on Fcgamma receptor type III expression. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:1612-9 pubmedTo study the necessity for activating Fcgamma receptor types I and III (FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII) in proteoglycan-induced arthritis (PGIA), a murine model of rheumatoid arthritis, and to determine whether usage of FcgammaRI or ..
- Boross P, van Lent P, Martin Ramirez J, van der Kaa J, Mulder M, Claassens J, et al. Destructive arthritis in the absence of both FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII. J Immunol. 2008;180:5083-91 pubmed..by analyzing disease development in double and triple knockout (KO) offspring from crosses of FcgammaRI KO, FcgammaRIII KO, FcgammaRI/III double KO, or FcR gamma-chain KO with the FcgammaRII KO on C57BL6 background, which is ..
- Dahan R, Sega E, ENGELHARDT J, Selby M, Korman A, Ravetch J. FcÎ³Rs Modulate the Anti-tumor Activity of Antibodies Targeting the PD-1/PD-L1 Axis. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:285-95 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the anti-PD-L1 Abs show augmented anti-tumor activity when activating FcÎ³R binding is introduced into the molecules, altering myeloid subsets within the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Fang Y, Larsson L, Bruhns P, Xiang Z. Apoptosis of mouse mast cells is reciprocally regulated by the IgG receptors Fc?RIIB and Fc?RIIIA. Allergy. 2012;67:1233-40 pubmed publisher..It is known that mouse mast cells express the low-affinity Fc? receptors Fc?RIIB and Fc?RIIIA, which bind IgG especially in the form of antigen-IgG immune complexes...
- Dahal L, Dou L, Hussain K, Liu R, Earley A, Cox K, et al. STING Activation Reverses Lymphoma-Mediated Resistance to Antibody Immunotherapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3619-3631 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(13); 3619-31. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Uppington H, Menager N, Boross P, Wood J, Sheppard M, Verbeek S, et al. Effect of immune serum and role of individual Fcgamma receptors on the intracellular distribution and survival of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in murine macrophages. Immunology. 2006;119:147-58 pubmed..However, opsonization of bacteria with immune serum did not increase either nitric oxide production in response to S. enterica serovar Typhimurium or fusion of phagosomes with lysosomes. ..
- Bandukwala H, Clay B, Tong J, Mody P, Cannon J, Shilling R, et al. Signaling through Fc gamma RIII is required for optimal T helper type (Th)2 responses and Th2-mediated airway inflammation. J Exp Med. 2007;204:1875-89 pubmed..Ligation of the low affinity receptor Fc gamma RIII was specifically required for the enhanced Th2 responses, as Fc gamma RIII(-/-) DCs failed to augment Th2-..
- Kasperkiewicz M, Nimmerjahn F, Wende S, Hirose M, Iwata H, Jonkman M, et al. Genetic identification and functional validation of Fc?RIV as key molecule in autoantibody-induced tissue injury. J Pathol. 2012;228:8-19 pubmed publisher..Our findings both genetically and functionally identify a novel disease-related molecule, Fc?RIV, in an autoantibody-mediated disorder, which may be of importance for the development of novel targeted therapies. ..
- Zimring J, Hair G, Chadwick T, Deshpande S, Anderson K, Hillyer C, et al. Nonhemolytic antibody-induced loss of erythrocyte surface antigen. Blood. 2005;106:1105-12 pubmed..These studies provide mechanistic insight into the phenomenon of antigen loss during incompatible transfusion in humans. ..
- Kingsmore S, Snoddy J, Choubey D, Lengyel P, Seldin M. Physical mapping of a family of interferon-activated genes, serum amyloid P-component, and alpha-spectrin on mouse chromosome 1. Immunogenetics. 1989;30:169-74 pubmed..These studies suggest the possibility that selective pressure may maintain in physical proximity gene clusters which are under coordinate transcriptional control. ..
- Feinman R, Qiu W, Pearse R, Nikolajczyk B, Sen R, Sheffery M, et al. PU.1 and an HLH family member contribute to the myeloid-specific transcription of the Fc gamma RIIIA promoter. EMBO J. 1994;13:3852-60 pubmed..1 and MyE factors may bind simultaneously to the MRR resulting in a ternary complex that is responsible, in part, for the myeloid-specific activity of the Fc gamma RIIIA promoter. ..
- Herbst T, Esser J, Prati M, Kulagin M, Stettler R, Zaiss M, et al. Antibodies and IL-3 support helminth-induced basophil expansion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14954-9 pubmed publisher..polygyrus bakeri, parasite rejection following challenge infection was impaired. These data reveal a role for isotype-switched antibodies in promoting basophil expansion and effector function following helminth infection. ..
- Ren L, Campbell A, Fang H, Gautam S, Elavazhagan S, Fatehchand K, et al. Analysis of the Effects of the Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) Inhibitor Ibrutinib on Monocyte FcÎ³ Receptor (FcÎ³R) Function. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:3043-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that combining ibrutinib with monoclonal antibody therapy could enhance chronic lymphocytic leukemia cell killing without affecting macrophage effector function. ..
- Suemitsu S, Watanabe M, Yokobayashi E, Usui S, Ishikawa T, Matsumoto Y, et al. Fcgamma receptors contribute to pyramidal cell death in the mouse hippocampus following local kainic acid injection. Neuroscience. 2010;166:819-31 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent studies detected FcgammaRIIB protein in parvalbumin neurons, whereas FcgammaRIII and FcgammaRI proteins were detected in microglial cells...
- Wernersson S, Karlsson M, Dahlstrom J, Mattsson R, Verbeek J, Heyman B. IgG-mediated enhancement of antibody responses is low in Fc receptor gamma chain-deficient mice and increased in Fc gamma RII-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1999;163:618-22 pubmed..Mice lacking the gamma subunit of Fc receptors (FcRs) (FcR gamma-/-), Fc gamma RII (Fc gamma RII-/-), or Fc gamma RIII (Fc gamma RIII-/-) were immunized with BSA-2,4,6-trinitrophenyl (TNP) alone or BSA-TNP complexed to monoclonal ..
- Seldin M, Hirohata S, Apte S. Chromosomal mapping of Adam9, Adam15 and Adam21. Matrix Biol. 2000;19:185-7 pubmed..The mapping of these mouse loci and the extrapolated loci for their human orthologs may facilitate the mapping of diseases involving these genes. ..
- Yang Z, Zhang H, Ma L, Peng C, Chen Y, Wang J, et al. GABP transcription factor is required for development of chronic myelogenous leukemia via its control of PRKD2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:2312-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, GABP is required for HSC cell cycle entry and CML development through its control of PRKD2. This offers a potential therapeutic target in leukemia. ..
- de Jong J, Schuurhuis D, Ioan Facsinay A, van der Voort E, Huizinga T, Ossendorp F, et al. Murine Fc receptors for IgG are redundant in facilitating presentation of immune complex derived antigen to CD8+ T cells in vivo. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:2045-50 pubmed..c. injected soluble IC to CD8+ T cells. ..
- CastaÃ±o A, Lin S, Surowy T, Nowlin B, Turlapati S, Patel T, et al. Serum amyloid P inhibits fibrosis through Fc gamma R-dependent monocyte-macrophage regulation in vivo. Sci Transl Med. 2009;1:5ra13 pubmed publisher..These studies uncover previously unidentified roles for Fc gamma receptors in sterile inflammation and highlight serum amyloid P as a potential antifibrotic therapy through local generation of interleukin-10. ..
- Iruretagoyena M, Riedel C, Leiva E, Gutierrez M, Jacobelli S, Kalergis A. Activating and inhibitory Fcgamma receptors can differentially modulate T cell-mediated autoimmunity. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2241-50 pubmed publisher..Here we have evaluated whether relative expression of activating (FcgammaRIII) and inhibitory (FcgammaRIIb) FcgammaR can modulate myelin-specific T cell response, as well as the ..
- Pinheiro da Silva F, Aloulou M, Skurnik D, Benhamou M, Andremont A, Velasco I, et al. CD16 promotes Escherichia coli sepsis through an FcR gamma inhibitory pathway that prevents phagocytosis and facilitates inflammation. Nat Med. 2007;13:1368-74 pubmed..The FcRgamma-associated receptor that inhibits E. coli phagocytosis is FcgammaRIII (also called CD16), and its absence protects mice from sepsis. FcgammaRIII binds E...
- Rivera J, Zaragoza O, Casadevall A. Antibody-mediated protection against Cryptococcus neoformans pulmonary infection is dependent on B cells. Infect Immun. 2005;73:1141-50 pubmed..The results indicate an important role for B cells in host defense against C. neoformans infection and demonstrate a surprising dependence of Ab-mediated protection on B cells in this system. ..
- Desai D, Harbers S, Flores M, Colonna L, Downie M, Bergtold A, et al. Fc gamma receptor IIB on dendritic cells enforces peripheral tolerance by inhibiting effector T cell responses. J Immunol. 2007;178:6217-26 pubmed..Thus, FcgammaRIIB can contribute to peripheral tolerance maintenance by inhibiting DC activation alone or by also limiting processing of exogenously acquired Ag. ..
- Young A, Ngiow S, Barkauskas D, Sult E, Hay C, Blake S, et al. Co-inhibition of CD73 and A2AR Adenosine Signaling Improves Anti-tumor Immune Responses. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:391-403 pubmed publisher..In a two-way mixed leukocyte reaction using a fully human anti-CD73, we demonstrated that Fc receptor binding augmented the production of proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Jodo S, Kung J, Xiao S, Chan D, Kobayashi S, Tateno M, et al. Anti-CD95-induced lethality requires radioresistant Fcgamma RII+ cells. A novel mechanism for fulminant hepatic failure. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7553-7 pubmed..The data demonstrate a novel mechanism by which the destruction of liver sinusoids, induced by the Jo2-mediated co-engagement of Fas and FcgammaRII, leads to severe hemorrhage and lethal fulminant hepatitis. ..
- Chu N, Thomas B, Patel S, Buxbaum L. IgG1 is pathogenic in Leishmania mexicana infection. J Immunol. 2010;185:6939-46 pubmed publisher..mexicana infection. Further investigations are required to better determine the cell type responsible for this immunosuppressive Fc?RIII-induced IL-10 pathway and whether IgG2a/c is protective...
- Vondenhoff M, van de Pavert S, Dillard M, Greuter M, Goverse G, Oliver G, et al. Lymph sacs are not required for the initiation of lymph node formation. Development. 2009;136:29-34 pubmed publisher..5 Prox1 conditional mutant embryos, which have defective lymph sacs. However, subsequent clustering of hematopoietic cells within these developing lymph nodes is less efficient. ..
- Junttila T, Parsons K, Olsson C, Lu Y, Xin Y, Theriault J, et al. Superior in vivo efficacy of afucosylated trastuzumab in the treatment of HER2-amplified breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:4481-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that afucosylated trastuzumab has superior efficacy in treating in vivo models of HER2-amplified breast cancer and support the development of effector function-enhanced antibodies for solid tumor therapy. ..
- Jönsson F, Mancardi D, Zhao W, Kita Y, Iannascoli B, Khun H, et al. Human Fc?RIIA induces anaphylactic and allergic reactions. Blood. 2012;119:2533-44 pubmed publisher..Supporting these findings, human mast cells, monocytes and neutrophils produced anaphylactogenic mediators after Fc?RIIA engagement. IgG and Fc?RIIA may therefore contribute to allergic and anaphylactic reactions in humans. ..
- Huang Y, Yin H, Wang J, Liu Q, Wu C, Chen K. Aberrant expression of Fc?RIIIA (CD16) contributes to the development of atherosclerosis. Gene. 2012;498:91-5 pubmed publisherPrevious studies have documented that Fc receptor III A of immunoglobulin G (Fc?RIIIA, also named CD16) is involved in the development of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Nakatani K, Yoshimoto S, Iwano M, Asai O, Samejima K, Sakan H, et al. Fractalkine expression and CD16+ monocyte accumulation in glomerular lesions: association with their severity and diversity in lupus models. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F207-16 pubmed publisher..endothelial cells and is a membrane-bound chemokine that attracts cells expressing its receptor, CX3CR1, including CD16(+) monocytes (CD16(+) Mos)...
- Thomas B, Buxbaum L. FcgammaRIII mediates immunoglobulin G-induced interleukin-10 and is required for chronic Leishmania mexicana lesions. Infect Immun. 2008;76:623-31 pubmed..mexicana is an immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) response, and IgG1 preferentially binds to FcgammaRIII in other systems...
- Lien T, Sun D, Chang C, Wu C, Dai M, Chan H, et al. Dengue virus and antiplatelet autoantibodies synergistically induce haemorrhage through Nlrp3-inflammasome and FcÎ³RIII. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113:1060-70 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide new perspectives for developing feasible approaches to treat patients with DHF. ..
- Wines B, Trist H, Ramsland P, Hogarth P. A common site of the Fc receptor gamma subunit interacts with the unrelated immunoreceptors FcalphaRI and FcepsilonRI. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17108-13 pubmed..Taken together these data provide a molecular basis for understanding how disparate receptor families assemble with the FcRgamma subunit. ..
- Anderson A, Sporici R, Lambris J, Larosa D, Levinson A. Pathogenesis of B-cell superantigen-induced immune complex-mediated inflammation. Infect Immun. 2006;74:1196-203 pubmed..This inflammatory reaction was dependent on the interaction of SpA with VH3+ IgG. Mast cells, FcgammaRIII, complement components, and tumor necrosis factor alpha play obligatory roles, and the reaction is associated ..
- Klein M, Kaeser P, Schwarz P, Weyd H, Xenarios I, Zinkernagel R, et al. Complement facilitates early prion pathogenesis. Nat Med. 2001;7:488-92 pubmed..Splenic accumulation of prion infectivity and PrPSc was delayed, indicating that activation of specific complement components is involved in the initial trapping of prions in lymphoreticular organs early after infection. ..
- Dhanji S, Tse K, Teh H. The low affinity Fc receptor for IgG functions as an effective cytolytic receptor for self-specific CD8 T cells. J Immunol. 2005;174:1253-8 pubmed..This is the first report of an activating FcR on self-specific murine CD8(+)alphabeta TCR(+) T cells and establishes the importance of innate immune system receptors in the function of these self-specific CD8(+) T cells. ..
- Kitamura K, Takeda K, Koya T, Miyahara N, Kodama T, Dakhama A, et al. Critical role of the Fc receptor gamma-chain on APCs in the development of allergen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammation. J Immunol. 2007;178:480-8 pubmedThe FcR common gamma-chain (FcRgamma) is an essential component of the receptors FcepsilonRI, FcgammaRI, and FcgammaRIII, which are expressed on many inflammatory cell types...
- Hernandez Vargas P, Ortiz Muñoz G, Lopez Franco O, Suzuki Y, Gallego Delgado J, Sanjuán G, et al. Fcgamma receptor deficiency confers protection against atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E knockout mice. Circ Res. 2006;99:1188-96 pubmed..These results underscore the critical role of FcgammaRs in atherogenesis and support the use of immunotherapy in the treatment of this disease. ..
- Schwab I, Biburger M, Kronke G, Schett G, Nimmerjahn F. IVIg-mediated amelioration of ITP in mice is dependent on sialic acid and SIGNR1. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:826-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, similar to the human system, a spleen-independent but sialic acid- and SIGNR1-dependent pathway is responsible for IVIg-mediated suppression of autoantibody-dependent platelet depletion in mice. ..
- Zhang G, Bogdanova N, Gao T, Song J, Cragg M, Glennie M, et al. Fc? receptor-mediated inflammation inhibits axon regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88703 pubmed publisher..Our results add to the complexity of axon regeneration in injured peripheral and central nervous systems as adverse effects of B cells and autoantibodies on neural injury and repair are increasingly recognized. ..
- Menager N, Foster G, Ugrinovic S, Uppington H, Verbeek S, Mastroeni P. Fcgamma receptors are crucial for the expression of acquired resistance to virulent Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in vivo but are not required for the induction of humoral or T-cell-mediated immunity. Immunology. 2007;120:424-32 pubmed..enterica. The work indicates that targeting S. enterica to FcgammaR is needed for the expression of vaccine-induced acquired immunity, but is not essential for the engenderment of T- and B-cell immunity to the bacterium in vivo. ..
- Kang S, Keener A, Jones S, Benschop R, Caro Maldonado A, Rathmell J, et al. IgG-Immune Complexes Promote B Cell Memory by Inducing BAFF. J Immunol. 2016;196:196-206 pubmed publisher..Loss of CD16, hematopoietic cell-derived BAFF, or blocking IC:FcÎ³R regions in vivo diminished the expression of Bcl-6, the ..
- Kulczycki A, Webber J, Soares H, Onken M, Thompson J, Chaplin D, et al. Genomic organization of mouse Fc gamma receptor genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:2856-60 pubmed..Analysis using contour-clamped homogeneous electric field (CHEF) gels indicates that the Fc gamma RIIa and Fc gamma RIIb genes are linked within 160 kilobases on mouse chromosome 1. ..
- Baniyash M, Hsu V, Seldin M, Klausner R. The isolation and characterization of the murine T cell antigen receptor zeta chain gene. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:13252-7 pubmed..No TATA-like box has been detected. The gene is localized to the distal part of chromosome 1 in a linkage group highly conserved between man and mouse. ..
- Moseley W, Seldin M. Definition of mouse chromosome 1 and 3 gene linkage groups that are conserved on human chromosome 1: evidence that a conserved linkage group spans the centromere of human chromosome 1. Genomics. 1989;5:899-905 pubmed..These studies provide a model for examination of specific evolutionary events. ..
- El Bakkouri K, Descamps F, De Filette M, Smet A, Festjens E, Birkett A, et al. Universal vaccine based on ectodomain of matrix protein 2 of influenza A: Fc receptors and alveolar macrophages mediate protection. J Immunol. 2011;186:1022-31 pubmed publisher..We conclude that AM and Fc receptor-dependent elimination of influenza A virus-infected cells are essential for protection by anti-M2e IgG. ..
- Dahan R, Barnhart B, Li F, Yamniuk A, Korman A, Ravetch J. Therapeutic Activity of Agonistic, Human Anti-CD40 Monoclonal Antibodies Requires Selective Fc?R Engagement. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:820-831 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the necessity of optimizing the Fc domain for this class of therapeutic antibodies by using appropriate preclinical models that accurately reflect the unique affinities and cellular expression of human Fc?R. ..