Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fcer1g
Description: Fc receptor, IgE, high affinity I, gamma polypeptide
Alias: AI573376, CD23, FcR-gamma, FcR[g], FcRgamma, Fce1g, FcepsilonRI, Ly-50, high affinity immunoglobulin epsilon receptor subunit gamma, Fc receptor gamma-chain, fc-epsilon RI-gamma, fceRI gamma, igE Fc receptor subunit gamma
- Sylvestre D, Clynes R, Ma M, Warren H, Carroll M, Ravetch J. Immunoglobulin G-mediated inflammatory responses develop normally in complement-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1996;184:2385-92 pubmed..These studies provide strong evidence that the activation of cell-based Fc gamma R receptors, but not complement, are required for antibody-triggered murine inflammatory responses. ..
- Poole A, Gibbins J, Turner M, van Vugt M, van de Winkel J, Saito T, et al. The Fc receptor gamma-chain and the tyrosine kinase Syk are essential for activation of mouse platelets by collagen. EMBO J. 1997;16:2333-41 pubmed..These observations provide the first direct evidence of an essential role for the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) in signalling by a non-immune receptor stimulus. ..
- Wipke B, Wang Z, Nagengast W, Reichert D, Allen P. Staging the initiation of autoantibody-induced arthritis: a critical role for immune complexes. J Immunol. 2004;172:7694-702 pubmed..Our findings support a four-stage model for the development of arthritis and identify checkpoints where the disease is reversible. ..
- Tan P, Gavin A, Barnes N, Sears D, Vremec D, Shortman K, et al. Unique monoclonal antibodies define expression of Fc gamma RI on macrophages and mast cell lines and demonstrate heterogeneity among subcutaneous and other dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2003;170:2549-56 pubmed
- Hirano M, Davis R, Fine W, Nakamura S, Shimizu K, Yagi H, et al. IgEb immune complexes activate macrophages through FcgammaRIV binding. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:762-71 pubmed publisher..that FcgammaRIV, identified here as the mouse ortholog of primate FcgammaRIII, required association of the FcR gamma-chain for optimal expression and function on myeloid cells; its signaling potential was also enhanced by a ..
- Nieswandt B, Bergmeier W, Schulte V, Rackebrandt K, Gessner J, Zirngibl H. Expression and function of the mouse collagen receptor glycoprotein VI is strictly dependent on its association with the FcRgamma chain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23998-4002 pubmed..Human GPVI belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily and is noncovalently associated with the FcRgamma chain that is involved in signaling through the receptor...
- Mancardi D, Iannascoli B, Hoos S, England P, Daëron M, Bruhns P. FcgammaRIV is a mouse IgE receptor that resembles macrophage FcepsilonRI in humans and promotes IgE-induced lung inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3738-50 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that a similar cooperation may occur between mast cells and hFceRI-expressing lung cells in human allergic asthma. ..
- Bergtold A, Gavhane A, D AGATI V, Madaio M, Clynes R. FcR-bearing myeloid cells are responsible for triggering murine lupus nephritis. J Immunol. 2006;177:7287-95 pubmed..FcR engagement by immune complexes (IC) is crucial to disease development as uncoupling this pathway in FcRgamma(-/-) abrogates inflammatory responses in (NZB x NZW)F1 mice...
- Yada A, Ebihara S, Matsumura K, Endo S, Maeda T, Nakamura A, et al. Accelerated antigen presentation and elicitation of humoral response in vivo by FcgammaRIIB- and FcgammaRI/III-mediated immune complex uptake. Cell Immunol. 2003;225:21-32 pubmed..These results support the therapeutic benefits of antigen-targeting to FcgammaR on APC in the various inflammatory disorders. ..
- Goins C, Chappell C, Shashidharamurthy R, Selvaraj P, Jacob J. Immune complex-mediated enhancement of secondary antibody responses. J Immunol. 2010;184:6293-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the continued recruitment of new B cell clones after each antigenic exposure enables the immune system to stay abreast of rapidly changing pathogens. ..
- Takai T, Li M, Sylvestre D, Clynes R, Ravetch J. FcR gamma chain deletion results in pleiotrophic effector cell defects. Cell. 1994;76:519-29 pubmed..These mice thus represent an important tool for evaluating the role of these receptors in humoral and cellular immune responses. ..
- Saijo S, Ikeda S, Yamabe K, Kakuta S, Ishigame H, Akitsu A, et al. Dectin-2 recognition of alpha-mannans and induction of Th17 cell differentiation is essential for host defense against Candida albicans. Immunity. 2010;32:681-91 pubmed publisher..Dectin-2 signaling induced cytokines through an FcRgamma chain and Syk-CARD9-NF-kappaB-dependent signaling pathway without involvement of MAP kinases. The yeast form of C...
- Baumann U, Kohl J, Tschernig T, Schwerter Strumpf K, Verbeek J, Schmidt R, et al. A codominant role of Fc gamma RI/III and C5aR in the reverse Arthus reaction. J Immunol. 2000;164:1065-70 pubmed..As concluded in IgG FcRgamma-/- mice, manifestation of disease is almost exclusively determined by FcgammaR on effector cells, arguing for a ..
- Martinsson K, Hultman P. The role of Fc-receptors in murine mercury-induced systemic autoimmunity. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;144:309-18 pubmed..The Hg-induced vessel wall IC deposits present in wt mice were abolished and reduced in the FcRgamma and FcgammaRIIB strains, respectively...
- Barnes N, Gavin A, Tan P, Mottram P, Koentgen F, Hogarth P. FcgammaRI-deficient mice show multiple alterations to inflammatory and immune responses. Immunity. 2002;16:379-89 pubmed..In addition, FcR-gamma chain-deficient mice were found to express partially functional FcgammaRI. Thus, FcgammaRI is an early participant in Fc-dependent cell activation and in the development of immune responses. ..
- Yamasaki S, Ishikawa E, Kohno M, Saito T. The quantity and duration of FcRgamma signals determine mast cell degranulation and survival. Blood. 2004;103:3093-101 pubmed..Although these distinct responses are mediated through the same receptor, FcepsilonRI, the molecular mechanism generating the divergence is largely unknown...
- Nakamura A, Nukiwa T, Takai T. Deregulation of peripheral B-cell development in enhanced severity of collagen-induced arthritis in FcgammaRIIB-deficient mice. J Autoimmun. 2003;20:227-36 pubmed..IIB-/-. These findings suggest that the FcgammaRIIB-dependent triple regulation in the peripheral T2 B cells, in the antibody production, and in the effector cell responses is crucial for suppressing CIA. ..
- Mocsai A, Humphrey M, Van Ziffle J, Hu Y, Burghardt A, Spusta S, et al. The immunomodulatory adapter proteins DAP12 and Fc receptor gamma-chain (FcRgamma) regulate development of functional osteoclasts through the Syk tyrosine kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6158-63 pubmed..Mice lacking two ITAM-bearing adapters, DAP12 and the Fc receptor gamma-chain (FcRgamma), are severely osteopetrotic...
- Barrett N, Maekawa A, Rahman O, Austen K, Kanaoka Y. Dectin-2 recognition of house dust mite triggers cysteinyl leukotriene generation by dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:1119-28 pubmed..from wild-type mice was inhibited by spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk) inhibitors and was abolished in BMDCs from FcRgamma-/- mice, implicating either Dectin-2 or DC immunoactivating receptor...
- Hida S, Yamasaki S, Sakamoto Y, Takamoto M, Obata K, Takai T, et al. Fc receptor gamma-chain, a constitutive component of the IL-3 receptor, is required for IL-3-induced IL-4 production in basophils. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:214-22 pubmed publisherThe Fc receptor common gamma-chain (FcRgamma) is a widely expressed adaptor bearing an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) that transduces activation signals from various immunoreceptors...
- Herbst T, Esser J, Prati M, Kulagin M, Stettler R, Zaiss M, et al. Antibodies and IL-3 support helminth-induced basophil expansion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14954-9 pubmed publisher..polygyrus bakeri, parasite rejection following challenge infection was impaired. These data reveal a role for isotype-switched antibodies in promoting basophil expansion and effector function following helminth infection. ..
- Park S, Ueda S, Ohno H, Hamano Y, Tanaka M, Shiratori T, et al. Resistance of Fc receptor- deficient mice to fatal glomerulonephritis. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:1229-38 pubmed..of Fc receptors in the induction of nephrotoxic GN by establishing and analyzing mice deficient in the Fc receptor gamma chain (FcRgamma)...
- Clynes R, Towers T, Presta L, Ravetch J. Inhibitory Fc receptors modulate in vivo cytotoxicity against tumor targets. Nat Med. 2000;6:443-6 pubmed
- Miyake Y, Toyonaga K, Mori D, Kakuta S, Hoshino Y, Oyamada A, et al. C-type lectin MCL is an FcR?-coupled receptor that mediates the adjuvanticity of mycobacterial cord factor. Immunity. 2013;38:1050-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MCL is an FcR?-coupled activating receptor that mediates the adjuvanticity of TDM. ..
- Jakus Z, Berton G, Ligeti E, Lowell C, Mocsai A. Responses of neutrophils to anti-integrin antibodies depends on costimulation through low affinity Fc gamma Rs: full activation requires both integrin and nonintegrin signals. J Immunol. 2004;173:2068-77 pubmed..Murine neutrophils lacking the FcR gamma-chain or Fc gamma RIII failed to respond to immobilized Abs against beta(1), beta(2), or beta(3) integrins and ..
- Wernersson S, Karlsson M, Dahlstrom J, Mattsson R, Verbeek J, Heyman B. IgG-mediated enhancement of antibody responses is low in Fc receptor gamma chain-deficient mice and increased in Fc gamma RII-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1999;163:618-22 pubmed..Mice lacking the gamma subunit of Fc receptors (FcRs) (FcR gamma-/-), Fc gamma RII (Fc gamma RII-/-), or Fc gamma RIII (Fc gamma RIII-/-) were immunized with BSA-2,4,6-..
- Nakahashi C, Tahara Hanaoka S, Totsuka N, Okoshi Y, Takai T, Ohkohchi N, et al. Dual assemblies of an activating immune receptor, MAIR-II, with ITAM-bearing adapters DAP12 and FcRgamma chain on peritoneal macrophages. J Immunol. 2007;178:765-70 pubmed..immune receptors expressed on myeloid cells noncovalently associate with either DAP12 or FcepsilonRIgamma (FcRgamma chain), the ITAM-bearing transmembrane adapter proteins...
- Utomo A, Cullere X, Glogauer M, Swat W, Mayadas T. Vav proteins in neutrophils are required for FcgammaR-mediated signaling to Rac GTPases and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase component p40(phox). J Immunol. 2006;177:6388-97 pubmed
- Rotman H, Daly T, Clynes R, Long C. Fc receptors are not required for antibody-mediated protection against lethal malaria challenge in a mouse model. J Immunol. 1998;161:1908-12 pubmed..parasite Plasmodium yoelii yoelii requires Fc receptor bearing cells, we passively transferred immune sera into FcR gamma-chain knockout mice...
- Yago T, Shao B, Miner J, Yao L, Klopocki A, Maeda K, et al. E-selectin engages PSGL-1 and CD44 through a common signaling pathway to induce integrin alphaLbeta2-mediated slow leukocyte rolling. Blood. 2010;116:485-94 pubmed publisher..on intercellular adhesion molecule-1 by activating Src family kinases (SFKs), DAP12 and Fc receptor-gamma (FcRgamma), spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk), and p38...
- Watanabe N, Akikusa B, Park S, Ohno H, Fossati L, Vecchietti G, et al. Mast cells induce autoantibody-mediated vasculitis syndrome through tumor necrosis factor production upon triggering Fcgamma receptors. Blood. 1999;94:3855-63 pubmed..In this model, rheumatoid factor-mediated skin vasculitis was induced in wild-type mice, whereas FcRgamma-deficient mice did not develop the vasculitis...
- Corbett A, Caminschi I, McKenzie B, Brady J, Wright M, Mottram P, et al. Antigen delivery via two molecules on the CD8- dendritic cell subset induces humoral immunity in the absence of conventional "danger". Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:2815-25 pubmed..Strong Ab responses in FcRgamma-/- mice, and with the use of F(ab')2 fragments, confirmed that FIRE and CIRE targeting was due to specific rather ..
- Kleinau S, Martinsson P, Heyman B. Induction and suppression of collagen-induced arthritis is dependent on distinct fcgamma receptors. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1611-6 pubmed..Here we describe the in vivo consequences of FcgammaR deficiency in a mouse model of human rheumatoid arthritis. FcRgamma chain-deficient mice on arthritis-susceptible DBA/1 background were immunized with collagen for induction of ..
- Ritter M, Gross O, Kays S, Ruland J, Nimmerjahn F, Saijo S, et al. Schistosoma mansoni triggers Dectin-2, which activates the Nlrp3 inflammasome and alters adaptive immune responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:20459-64 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, antigen-specific Th1, Th2, and Th17 responses were down-regulated. Overall, these data imply that component(s) within SEA induce IL-1? production and unravel a crucial role of Nlrp3 during S. mansoni infection. ..
- Sutterwala F, Noel G, Salgame P, Mosser D. Reversal of proinflammatory responses by ligating the macrophage Fcgamma receptor type I. J Exp Med. 1998;188:217-22 pubmed..Macrophages from mice lacking the FcR gamma chain, which is required for assembly and signaling by FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII, failed to upregulate IL-10 in ..
- Ankeny D, Guan Z, Popovich P. B cells produce pathogenic antibodies and impair recovery after spinal cord injury in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2990-9 pubmed publisher..One or more components of this pathologic immune response could be considered as novel therapeutic targets for minimizing tissue injury and/or promoting repair after SCI. ..
- Arase N, Arase H, Park S, Ohno H, Ra C, Saito T. Association with FcRgamma is essential for activation signal through NKR-P1 (CD161) in natural killer (NK) cells and NK1.1+ T cells. J Exp Med. 1997;186:1957-63 pubmed..we analyzed the cell surface complex associated with NKR-P1 on NK cells and found that NKR-P1 associates with the FcRgamma chain which is an essential component of Fc receptors for IgG and IgE...
- Costello P, Turner M, Walters A, Cunningham C, Bauer P, Downward J, et al. Critical role for the tyrosine kinase Syk in signalling through the high affinity IgE receptor of mast cells. Oncogene. 1996;13:2595-605 pubmed..A similar mechanism is likely to apply to signal transduction through all members of the antigen receptor family. ..
- Clynes R, Ravetch J. Cytotoxic antibodies trigger inflammation through Fc receptors. Immunity. 1995;3:21-6 pubmed..These data suggest that Fc receptors play an integral role in the pathogenesis of type II hypersensitivity and suggest potential therapeutic benefits of Fc receptor blockade. ..
- Looney M, Su X, Van Ziffle J, Lowell C, Matthay M. Neutrophils and their Fc gamma receptors are essential in a mouse model of transfusion-related acute lung injury. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1615-23 pubmed..b>FcRgamma-/- mice were resistant to MHC I mAb-induced lung injury, while adoptive transfer of wild-type neutrophils into ..
- Takaya N, Katoh Y, Iwabuchi K, Hayashi I, Konishi H, Itoh S, et al. Platelets activated by collagen through the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif in the Fc receptor gamma-chain play a pivotal role in the development of myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;39:856-64 pubmed..The Fc receptor gamma-chain (FcR gamma) is coexpressed with glycoprotein (GP) VI, forming a platelet collagen receptor, and the activation of platelets ..
- Graham D, Akilesh H, Gmyrek G, Piccio L, Gilfillan S, Sim J, et al. ITAM signaling in dendritic cells controls T helper cell priming by regulating MHC class II recycling. Blood. 2010;116:3208-18 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel mechanism for control of T helper cell priming. ..
- Nieswandt B, Brakebusch C, Bergmeier W, Schulte V, Bouvard D, Mokhtari Nejad R, et al. Glycoprotein VI but not alpha2beta1 integrin is essential for platelet interaction with collagen. EMBO J. 2001;20:2120-30 pubmed..These data show that GPVI plays the central role in platelet-collagen interactions by activating different adhesive receptors, including alpha2beta1 integrin, which strengthens adhesion without being essential. ..
- Robinson M, Osorio F, Rosas M, Freitas R, Schweighoffer E, Gross O, et al. Dectin-2 is a Syk-coupled pattern recognition receptor crucial for Th17 responses to fungal infection. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2037-51 pubmed publisher..Unlike Dectin-1, Dectin-2 couples to Syk indirectly, through association with the FcRgamma chain...
- Jakus Z, Nemeth T, Verbeek J, Mocsai A. Critical but overlapping role of FcgammaRIII and FcgammaRIV in activation of murine neutrophils by immobilized immune complexes. J Immunol. 2008;180:618-29 pubmed..Activation of murine neutrophils by immobilized IgG immune complexes was abrogated in FcR gamma-chain-deficient cells, but not by the single or combined deficiency of the gamma-chain-associated FcgammaRI and ..
- Ishikawa E, Ishikawa T, Morita Y, Toyonaga K, Yamada H, Takeuchi O, et al. Direct recognition of the mycobacterial glycolipid, trehalose dimycolate, by C-type lectin Mincle. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2879-88 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Mincle is an essential receptor for the mycobacterial glycolipid, TDM. ..
- Mocsai A, Abram C, Jakus Z, Hu Y, Lanier L, Lowell C. Integrin signaling in neutrophils and macrophages uses adaptors containing immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:1326-33 pubmed..Neutrophils and macrophages lacking two ITAM-containing adaptor proteins, DAP12 and FcRgamma, were defective in integrin-mediated responses...
- Ioan Facsinay A, De Kimpe S, Hellwig S, van Lent P, Hofhuis F, Van Ojik H, et al. FcgammaRI (CD64) contributes substantially to severity of arthritis, hypersensitivity responses, and protection from bacterial infection. Immunity. 2002;16:391-402 pubmed..We conclude that FcgammaRI contributes substantially to a variety of IgG2a-IC-dependent immune functions and immunopathological responses. ..
- Díaz de Ståhl T, Dahlstrom J, Carroll M, Heyman B. A role for complement in feedback enhancement of antibody responses by IgG3. J Exp Med. 2003;197:1183-90 pubmed..In contrast, mice lacking the common Fc-receptor gamma chain (FcR gamma -/-), resulting in reduced expression of Fc gamma RI and lack of Fc gamma RIII, and mice lacking Fc gamma RIIB (..
- Werninghaus K, Babiak A, Gross O, HÃ¶lscher C, Dietrich H, Agger E, et al. Adjuvanticity of a synthetic cord factor analogue for subunit Mycobacterium tuberculosis vaccination requires FcRgamma-Syk-Card9-dependent innate immune activation. J Exp Med. 2009;206:89-97 pubmed publisher..Dectin-1, but required the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif-bearing adaptor protein Fc receptor gamma chain (FcRgamma)...
- Fossati Jimack L, Ioan Facsinay A, Reininger L, Chicheportiche Y, Watanabe N, Saito T, et al. Markedly different pathogenicity of four immunoglobulin G isotype-switch variants of an antierythrocyte autoantibody is based on their capacity to interact in vivo with the low-affinity Fcgamma receptor III. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1293-302 pubmed
- Kato K, Kanaji T, Russell S, Kunicki T, Furihata K, Kanaji S, et al. The contribution of glycoprotein VI to stable platelet adhesion and thrombus formation illustrated by targeted gene deletion. Blood. 2003;102:1701-7 pubmed..These results illustrate the role of GP VI in postadhesion events leading to the development of platelet thrombi on collagen fibrils. ..
- Arase H, Ono S, Arase N, Park S, Wakizaka K, Watanabe H, et al. Developmental arrest of NK1.1+ T cell antigen receptor (TCR)-alpha/beta+ T cells and expansion of NK1.1+ TCR-gamma/delta+ T cell development in CD3 zeta-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1995;182:891-5 pubmed..The TCR complex of freshly isolated NK1.1+ TCR-alpha/beta+ thymocytes contained CD3 zeta homodimers and CD zeta-FcR gamma heterodimers, whereas that of the majority of NK1.1- T cells did not contain FcR gamma...
- Boross P, van Lent P, Martin Ramirez J, van der Kaa J, Mulder M, Claassens J, et al. Destructive arthritis in the absence of both FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII. J Immunol. 2008;180:5083-91 pubmed..and triple knockout (KO) offspring from crosses of FcgammaRI KO, FcgammaRIII KO, FcgammaRI/III double KO, or FcR gamma-chain KO with the FcgammaRII KO on C57BL6 background, which is susceptible for collagen-induced arthritis (CIA)...
- Bergtold A, Desai D, Gavhane A, Clynes R. Cell surface recycling of internalized antigen permits dendritic cell priming of B cells. Immunity. 2005;23:503-14 pubmed..Thus dendritic cells are equipped with both non-degradative and degradative antigen uptake pathways to facilitate antigen presentation to both B and T cells. ..
- Ji H, Ohmura K, Mahmood U, Lee D, Hofhuis F, Boackle S, et al. Arthritis critically dependent on innate immune system players. Immunity. 2002;16:157-68 pubmed..We suggest that autoimmune disease, even one that is organ specific, can occur when mobilization of an adaptive immune response results in runaway activation of the innate response. ..
- Yamasaki S, Ishikawa E, Sakuma M, Hara H, Ogata K, Saito T. Mincle is an ITAM-coupled activating receptor that senses damaged cells. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:1179-88 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Mincle is a receptor that senses nonhomeostatic cell death and thereby induces the production of inflammatory cytokines to drive the infiltration of neutrophils into damaged tissue. ..
- Dubois C, Panicot Dubois L, Merrill Skoloff G, Furie B, Furie B. Glycoprotein VI-dependent and -independent pathways of thrombus formation in vivo. Blood. 2006;107:3902-6 pubmedThe role of the collagen receptor glycoprotein VI (GPVI) in arteriolar thrombus formation was studied in FcRgamma-null mice (FcRgamma(-/-)) lacking platelet surface GPVI. Thrombi were induced with severe or mild FeCl(3) injury...
- Wu Y, Suzuki Inoue K, Satoh K, Asazuma N, Yatomi Y, Berndt M, et al. Role of Fc receptor gamma-chain in platelet glycoprotein Ib-mediated signaling. Blood. 2001;97:3836-45 pubmed..of vWF and botrocetin, by interacting with GPIb, induced tyrosine phosphorylation of Fc receptor gamma-chain (FcR gamma-chain), Syk, linker for activation of T cells (LAT), and phospholipase C gamma2 (PLCgamma2)...
- Chu C, Yu Y, Shen K, Lowell C, Lanier L, Hamerman J. Increased TLR responses in dendritic cells lacking the ITAM-containing adapters DAP12 and FcRgamma. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:166-73 pubmed..In this report, we demonstrate that both DAP12 and the FcepsilonRIgamma-chain (FcRgamma) are required for negative regulation of TLR responses in bone marrow-derived dendritic cells (DC)...
- Nimmerjahn F, Bruhns P, Horiuchi K, Ravetch J. FcgammaRIV: a novel FcR with distinct IgG subclass specificity. Immunity. 2005;23:41-51 pubmed..These distinct binding affinities for the IgG subclasses to FcgammaRs account for their differential protective and pathogenic activities in vivo. ..
- Padigel U, Farrell J. Control of infection with Leishmania major in susceptible BALB/c mice lacking the common gamma-chain for FcR is associated with reduced production of IL-10 and TGF-beta by parasitized cells. J Immunol. 2005;174:6340-5 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that uptake of opsonized parasites via FcgammaRs may be a strong in vivo stimulus for the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines that play a role in susceptibility to infection. ..
- Koga T, Inui M, Inoue K, Kim S, Suematsu A, Kobayashi E, et al. Costimulatory signals mediated by the ITAM motif cooperate with RANKL for bone homeostasis. Nature. 2004;428:758-63 pubmed..immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM)-harbouring adaptors, Fc receptor common gamma subunit (FcRgamma) and DNAX-activating protein (DAP)12, exhibit severe osteopetrosis owing to impaired osteoclast differentiation...
- Park Min K, Serbina N, Yang W, Ma X, Krystal G, Neel B, et al. FcgammaRIII-dependent inhibition of interferon-gamma responses mediates suppressive effects of intravenous immune globulin. Immunity. 2007;26:67-78 pubmed
- Mangin P, Yap C, Nonne C, Sturgeon S, Goncalves I, Yuan Y, et al. Thrombin overcomes the thrombosis defect associated with platelet GPVI/FcRgamma deficiency. Blood. 2006;107:4346-53 pubmed..The glycoprotein VI (GPVI)/FcRgamma-chain complex is a central collagen receptor and inhibitors of GPVI produce a major defect in arterial ..
- Clynes R, Calvani N, Croker B, Richards H. Modulation of the immune response in pristane-induced lupus by expression of activation and inhibitory Fc receptors. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;141:230-7 pubmed..FcgammaRIIB may be a key modulator that suppresses cell activation in the inflammatory immune response in systemic lupus erythematosus in humans. ..
- Liu C, Lin W, Huang M, Kappler J, Marrack P. Development and function of T cells in T cell antigen receptor/CD3 zeta knockout mice reconstituted with Fc epsilon RI gamma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:616-21 pubmed..This was because zeta was replaced by the Fc epsilon RI gamma (FcR gamma). These cells were relatively nonreactive to stimuli via their TCRs...