Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fbl
Alias: AL022665, FIB, FLRN, RNU3IP1, rRNA 2'-O-methyltransferase fibrillarin, histone-glutamine methyltransferase, nucleolar protein 1
- Bonetti P, Davoli T, Sironi C, Amati B, Pelicci P, Colombo E. Nucleophosmin and its AML-associated mutant regulate c-Myc turnover through Fbw7 gamma. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:19-26 pubmed publisher..Because Fbw7 induces degradation of other growth-promoting proteins, the NPM-Fbw7 interaction emerges as a central tumor suppressor mechanism in human cancer. ..
- Brady S, Yu Y, Maggi L, Weber J. ARF impedes NPM/B23 shuttling in an Mdm2-sensitive tumor suppressor pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9327-38 pubmed..By actively sequestering NPM in the nucleolus, ARF utilizes an additional mechanism of tumor suppression, one that is readily antagonized by Mdm2. ..
- Yang Z, Jakymiw A, Wood M, Eystathioy T, Rubin R, Fritzler M, et al. GW182 is critical for the stability of GW bodies expressed during the cell cycle and cell proliferation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5567-78 pubmed
- Shishova K, Khodarovich Y, Lavrentyeva E, Zatsepina O. [Analysis of the Localization of Fibrillarin and Sites of Pre-rRNA Synthesis in the Nucleolus-Like Bodies of Mouse GV Oocytes after Mild Treatment with Proteinase K]. Ontogenez. 2015;46:162-73 pubmed..The fluorescent dye FITC can be recommended for assessment of intracellular protein localization in the oocytes of all mammalian species. ..
- Burns K, Viveiros M, Ren Y, Wang P, DeMayo F, Frail D, et al. Roles of NPM2 in chromatin and nucleolar organization in oocytes and embryos. Science. 2003;300:633-6 pubmed..Thus, Npm2 is a maternal effect gene critical for nuclear and nucleolar organization and embryonic development. ..
- Guetg C, Lienemann P, Sirri V, Grummt I, Hernandez Verdun D, Hottiger M, et al. The NoRC complex mediates the heterochromatin formation and stability of silent rRNA genes and centromeric repeats. EMBO J. 2010;29:2135-46 pubmed publisher..These findings point to a role of TIP5 in protecting genome stability and suggest that it can play a role in the cellular transformation process. ..
- Mekhail K, Khacho M, Carrigan A, Hache R, Gunaratnam L, Lee S. Regulation of ubiquitin ligase dynamics by the nucleolus. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:733-44 pubmed..Data shown here provide the first evidence that cells have evolved a mechanism to regulate molecular networks by reversibly switching proteins between a mobile and static state. ..
- Sugihara Y, Sadohara E, Yonezawa K, Kugo M, Oshima K, Matsuda T, et al. Identification and expression of an autosomal paralogue of ribosomal protein S4, X-linked, in mice: potential involvement of testis-specific ribosomal proteins in translation and spermatogenesis. Gene. 2013;521:91-9 pubmed publisher
- Sandilands A, Hutcheson A, Long H, Prescott A, Vrensen G, Löster J, et al. Altered aggregation properties of mutant gamma-crystallins cause inherited cataract. EMBO J. 2002;21:6005-14 pubmed..The mutant gamma-crystallins initially disrupt nuclear function, but then this progresses to a full cataract phenotype. ..
- Chen M, Rockel T, Steinweger G, Hemmerich P, Risch J, von Mikecz A. Subcellular recruitment of fibrillarin to nucleoplasmic proteasomes: implications for processing of a nucleolar autoantigen. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3576-87 pubmed..The latter observation might constitute the cell biological basis of autoimmune responses that specifically target fibrillarin in mercury-mouse models and scleroderma. ..
- Fischer H, Zhang X, O Brien K, Kylsten P, Engvall E. C7, a novel nucleolar protein, is the mouse homologue of the Drosophila late puff product L82 and an isoform of human OXR1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;281:795-803 pubmed..Antibodies to recombinant C7 protein localized to nucleoli in a variety of cell types, suggesting that C7 may be involved in the formation or function of this important organelle. ..
- Turley S, Tan E, Pollard K. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of U3 snoRNA-associated mouse fibrillarin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1216:119-22 pubmed..Specific amino acid residues in yeast NOP1 thought to be associated with the synthesis and maturation of ribosomes show strong conservation between the mouse, human, amphibian and yeast protein sequences. ..
- Okano Y, Steen V, Medsger T. Autoantibody to U3 nucleolar ribonucleoprotein (fibrillarin) in patients with systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Rheum. 1992;35:95-100 pubmed..These antibodies may identify one or more unusual clinical subsets of SSc. ..
- Malatesta M, Caporaloni C, Gavaudan S, Rocchi M, Serafini S, Tiberi C, et al. Ultrastructural morphometrical and immunocytochemical analyses of hepatocyte nuclei from mice fed on genetically modified soybean. Cell Struct Funct. 2002;27:173-80 pubmed..In conclusion, our data suggest that GM soybean intake can influence hepatocyte nuclear features in young and adult mice; however, the mechanisms responsible for such alterations remain unknown. ..
- Swartling F, Grimmer M, Hackett C, Northcott P, Fan Q, Goldenberg D, et al. Pleiotropic role for MYCN in medulloblastoma. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1059-72 pubmed publisher..Targeted expression of MYCN thus contributes to initiation, progression, and maintenance of MB, suggesting a central role for MYCN in pathogenesis. ..
- Meng L, Yasumoto H, Tsai R. Multiple controls regulate nucleostemin partitioning between nucleolus and nucleoplasm. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:5124-36 pubmed..Our work reveals that the partitioning of nucleostemin employs complex mechanisms involving both nucleolar and nucleoplasmic components, and provides insight into the post-translational regulation of its activity. ..
- Mas C, Guimiot Maloum I, Guimiot F, Khelfaoui M, Nepote V, Bourgeois F, et al. Molecular cloning and expression pattern of the Fkbp25 gene during cerebral cortical neurogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:577-85 pubmed..af135595.). ..
- Aris J, Blobel G. cDNA cloning and sequencing of human fibrillarin, a conserved nucleolar protein recognized by autoimmune antisera. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:931-5 pubmed..This identity suggests the evolutionary conservation of an important function early in the pathway for ribosome biosynthesis. ..