Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fat4
Description: FAT atypical cadherin 4
Alias: 6030410K14Rik, 9430004M15, protocadherin Fat 4, FAT tumor suppressor homolog 4, fat-like cadherin protein FAT-J
- Zakaria S, Mao Y, Kuta A, de Sousa C, Gaufo G, McNeill H, et al. Regulation of neuronal migration by Dchs1-Fat4 planar cell polarity. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1620-1627 pubmed publisher..Mutations in human FAT4 and DCHS1, key components of Fat-PCP signaling, cause Van Maldergem syndrome, characterized by severe neuronal ..
- Cappello S, Gray M, Badouel C, Lange S, Einsiedler M, Srour M, et al. Mutations in genes encoding the cadherin receptor-ligand pair DCHS1 and FAT4 disrupt cerebral cortical development. Nat Genet. 2013;45:1300-8 pubmed publisher..Here we show that mutations in genes encoding the receptor-ligand cadherin pair DCHS1 and FAT4 lead to a recessive syndrome in humans that includes periventricular neuronal heterotopia...
- Xie Q, Yang Y, Huang J, Ninkovic J, Walcher T, Wolf L, et al. Pax6 interactions with chromatin and identification of its novel direct target genes in lens and forebrain. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54507 pubmed publisher..5 wild type and Pax6?/? lens placodes that suggested Efnb2, Fat4, Has2, Nav1, and Trpm3 as novel Pax6-direct targets...
- Guettler S, LaRose J, Petsalaki E, Gish G, Scotter A, Pawson T, et al. Structural basis and sequence rules for substrate recognition by Tankyrase explain the basis for cherubism disease. Cell. 2011;147:1340-54 pubmed publisher..Structural and sequence information allows us to also predict and validate other Tankyrase targets, including Disc1, Striatin, Fat4, RAD54, BCR, and MERIT40.
- Ishiuchi T, Misaki K, Yonemura S, Takeichi M, Tanoue T. Mammalian Fat and Dachsous cadherins regulate apical membrane organization in the embryonic cerebral cortex. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:959-67 pubmed publisher..In this study, we present evidence that mammalian Fat4 and Dachsous1 cadherins regulate the apical plasma membrane organization in the embryonic cerebral cortex...
- Bossuyt W, Chen C, Chen Q, Sudol M, McNeill H, Pan D, et al. An evolutionary shift in the regulation of the Hippo pathway between mice and flies. Oncogene. 2014;33:1218-28 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the mouse Fat4 cadherin, the ortholog of the Hippo pathway regulator Fat in Drosophila, does not apparently regulate the Hippo ..
- Saburi S, Hester I, GOODRICH L, McNeill H. Functional interactions between Fat family cadherins in tissue morphogenesis and planar polarity. Development. 2012;139:1806-20 pubmed publisher..In mammals, four ft homologs have been identified (Fat1-4). Recently, we demonstrated that Fat4 plays a role in vertebrate planar polarity...
- Berndt A, Cario C, Silva K, Kennedy V, Harrison D, Paigen B, et al. Identification of fat4 and tsc22d1 as novel candidate genes for spontaneous pulmonary adenomas. Cancer Res. 2011;71:5779-91 pubmed publisher..g., Pas1), others were unique to our study. In particular, Fat4 was influential in males and Tsc22d1 was influential in females...
- Badouel C, Zander M, Liscio N, Bagherie Lachidan M, Sopko R, Coyaud E, et al. Fat1 interacts with Fat4 to regulate neural tube closure, neural progenitor proliferation and apical constriction during mouse brain development. Development. 2015;142:2781-91 pubmed publisher..Here, we examined the role of the atypical cadherins Fat1 and Fat4 in this process...
- Mao Y, Mulvaney J, Zakaria S, Yu T, Morgan K, Allen S, et al. Characterization of a Dchs1 mutant mouse reveals requirements for Dchs1-Fat4 signaling during mammalian development. Development. 2011;138:947-57 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the phenotypes of Dchs1 mutant mice and comparisons with Fat4 mutant mice identify requirements for these genes in multiple organs, including the ear, kidney, skeleton, ..
- Mao Y, Kuta A, Crespo Enríquez I, Whiting D, Martin T, Mulvaney J, et al. Dchs1-Fat4 regulation of polarized cell behaviours during skeletal morphogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11469 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the Dchs1-Fat4 planar cell polarity pathway controls cell orientation in the early skeletal condensation to define the shape and ..
- Kuta A, Mao Y, Martin T, Ferreira de Sousa C, Whiting D, Zakaria S, et al. Fat4-Dchs1 signalling controls cell proliferation in developing vertebrae. Development. 2016;143:2367-75 pubmed publisherThe protocadherins Fat4 and Dchs1 act as a receptor-ligand pair to regulate many developmental processes in mice and humans, including development of the vertebrae...
- Klein A, Ferreira N, Ben Dor S, Duan J, Hardy J, Cox T, et al. Identification of Modifier Genes in a Mouse Model of Gaucher Disease. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2546-2553 pubmed publisher..Our data identify putative modifier genes that may be involved in determining GD severity, which might help elucidate phenotypic variability between patients with similar GD mutations. ..
- Qi C, Zhu Y, Hu L, Zhu Y. Identification of Fat4 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene in breast cancers. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:793-8 pubmed publisher..The expression of Fat4 gene, one member of the Fat family, in the deleted region was inactivated, which resulted from promoter methylation ..