Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fancg
Description: Fanconi anemia, complementation group G
Alias: AU041407, Xrcc9, Fanconi anemia group G protein homolog
- Cooke H, Saunders P. Mouse models of male infertility. Nat Rev Genet. 2002;3:790-801 pubmed..Targeted mutagenesis in the mouse provides a powerful method to analyse these steps and has provided new insights into the origins of male infertility. ..
- Franco S, van de Vrugt H, Fernández P, Aracil M, Arwert F, Blasco M. Telomere dynamics in Fancg-deficient mouse and human cells. Blood. 2004;104:3927-35 pubmed..cells relates to a direct role of the FA pathway in telomere maintenance, we have analyzed telomere dynamics in Fancg-deficient mouse and human cells...
- Nadler J, Braun R. Fanconi anemia complementation group C is required for proliferation of murine primordial germ cells. Genesis. 2000;27:117-23 pubmed..This study demonstrates Fancc is required for mitotic proliferation of primordial germ cells. ..
- Kennedy R, Chen C, Stuckert P, Archila E, De la Vega M, Moreau L, et al. Fanconi anemia pathway-deficient tumor cells are hypersensitive to inhibition of ataxia telangiectasia mutated. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1440-9 pubmed..murine embryonic fibroblasts deficient for the FA pathway were observed to have constitutive ATM activation and Fancg(-/-)Atm(-/-) mice were found to be nonviable...
- Pulliam Leath A, Ciccone S, Nalepa G, Li X, Si Y, Miravalle L, et al. Genetic disruption of both Fancc and Fancg in mice recapitulates the hematopoietic manifestations of Fanconi anemia. Blood. 2010;116:2915-20 pubmed publisher..Here we show that double-mutant Fancc(-/-);Fancg(-/-) mice develop spontaneous hematologic sequelae including bone marrow failure, AML, MDS and complex random ..
- Si Y, Ciccone S, Yang F, Yuan J, Zeng D, Chen S, et al. Continuous in vivo infusion of interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) enhances engraftment of syngeneic wild-type cells in Fanca-/- and Fancg-/- mice. Blood. 2006;108:4283-7 pubmed..Here we show that primitive and mature myeloid progenitors in Fanca-/- and Fancg-/- mice are hypersensitive to IFN-gamma and that in vivo infusion of IFN-gamma at clinically relevant ..
- Reliene R, Yamamoto M, Rao P, Schiestl R. Genomic instability in mice is greater in Fanconi anemia caused by deficiency of Fancd2 than Fancg. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9703-10 pubmed publisher..b>FANCG is a part of the FA core complex that is responsible for monoubiquitination of FANCD2 and FANCI...
- Li Y, Chen S, Yuan J, Yang Y, Li J, Ma J, et al. Mesenchymal stem/progenitor cells promote the reconstitution of exogenous hematopoietic stem cells in Fancg-/- mice in vivo. Blood. 2009;113:2342-51 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that loss of the murine homologue of FANCG (Fancg) results in a defect in MSPC proliferation and in their ability to support the adhesion and engraftment of ..
- Yamamoto K, Ishiai M, Matsushita N, Arakawa H, Lamerdin J, Buerstedde J, et al. Fanconi anemia FANCG protein in mitigating radiation- and enzyme-induced DNA double-strand breaks by homologous recombination in vertebrate cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5421-30 pubmed..To elucidate the roles of FA genes in HR, we disrupted the FANCG/XRCC9 locus in the chicken B-cell line DT40...
- Noll M, Battaile K, Bateman R, Lax T, Rathbun K, Reifsteck C, et al. Fanconi anemia group A and C double-mutant mice: functional evidence for a multi-protein Fanconi anemia complex. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:679-88 pubmed..These results support a model where both FANCA and FANCC are part of a multi-protein nuclear FA complex with identical function in cellular responses to DNA damage and germ cell survival. ..
- Yang Y, Kuang Y, Montes de Oca R, Hays T, Moreau L, Lu N, et al. Targeted disruption of the murine Fanconi anemia gene, Fancg/Xrcc9. Blood. 2001;98:3435-40 pubmed..To further understand the in vivo role of one of these human genes (FANCG), we generated a targeted disruption of murine Fancg and bred mice homozygous for the targeted allele...
- Naz R, Rajesh C. Gene knockouts that cause female infertility: search for novel contraceptive targets. Front Biosci. 2005;10:2447-59 pubmed..These molecules will provide novel targets of contraception including contraceptive vaccine development. ..
- Yang Y, Seed B. Site-specific gene targeting in mouse embryonic stem cells with intact bacterial artificial chromosomes. Nat Biotechnol. 2003;21:447-51 pubmed..Correctly integrated clones were identified by a simple screening procedure based on chromosomal fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). To date, five mutant lines have been generated and bred to homozygosity by this approach. ..
- Park E, Kim H, Kim J, Primack B, Vidal Cardenas S, Xu Y, et al. FANCD2 activates transcription of TAp63 and suppresses tumorigenesis. Mol Cell. 2013;50:908-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Usp1 inhibition may be a useful strategy for upregulating TAp63 and preventing or treating squamous cell cancers in the general non-FA population. ..
- Demuth I, Wlodarski M, Tipping A, Morgan N, de Winter J, Thiel M, et al. Spectrum of mutations in the Fanconi anaemia group G gene, FANCG/XRCC9. Eur J Hum Genet. 2000;8:861-8 pubmedFANCG was the third Faconi anaemia gene identified and proved to be identical to the previously cloned XRCC9 gene. We present the pathogenic mutations and sequence variants we have so far identified in a panel of FA-G patients...