Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fabp2
Description: fatty acid binding protein 2, intestinal
Alias: Fabpi, I-FABP, fatty acid-binding protein, intestinal, intestinal fatty acid binding protein 2, intestinal-type fatty acid-binding protein
- Takada S, Tevendale M, Baker J, Georgiades P, Campbell E, Freeman T, et al. Delta-like and gtl2 are reciprocally expressed, differentially methylated linked imprinted genes on mouse chromosome 12. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1135-8 pubmed..Like H19 and Igf2, Gtl2 and Dlk were found to be co-expressed in the same tissues throughout development, though not after birth. These results have implications for the regulation, function and evolution of imprinted domains. ..
- Vassileva G, Huwyler L, Poirier K, Agellon L, Toth M. The intestinal fatty acid binding protein is not essential for dietary fat absorption in mice. FASEB J. 2000;14:2040-6 pubmed..hypothesis that I-FABP serves an essential role in the assimilation of dietary fatty acids by disrupting its gene (Fabpi) in the mouse...
- Madison B, Braunstein K, Kuizon E, Portman K, Qiao X, Gumucio D. Epithelial hedgehog signals pattern the intestinal crypt-villus axis. Development. 2005;132:279-89 pubmed..Thus, through a combined Hh signal to underlying ISEMFs, the epithelium patterns the crypt-villus axis, ensuring the proper size and location of the emerging precrypt compartment. ..
- Nadeau J, Bedigian H, Bouchard G, Denial T, Kosowsky M, Norberg R, et al. Multilocus markers for mouse genome analysis: PCR amplification based on single primers of arbitrary nucleotide sequence. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:55-64 pubmed..Finally, linkage for seven products was established on five chromosomes. These characteristics establish single primer PCR as a powerful method for mouse genome analysis. ..
- Grainger S, Savory J, Lohnes D. Cdx2 regulates patterning of the intestinal epithelium. Dev Biol. 2010;339:155-65 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of Cdx1-Cdx2 double mutants suggests that Cdx1 does not play a critical role in the development of the small intestine, at least after E13.5. ..
- Sweetser D, Birkenmeier E, Klisak I, Zollman S, Sparkes R, Mohandas T, et al. The human and rodent intestinal fatty acid binding protein genes. A comparative analysis of their structure, expression, and linkage relationships. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:16060-71 pubmed..Human gene mapping studies were carried out using a panel of mouse-human somatic cell hybrid clones as well as in situ hybridization to metaphase chromosomes.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Gajda A, Zhou Y, Agellon L, Fried S, Kodukula S, Fortson W, et al. Direct comparison of mice null for liver or intestinal fatty acid-binding proteins reveals highly divergent phenotypic responses to high fat feeding. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:30330-44 pubmed publisherThe enterocyte expresses two fatty acid-binding proteins (FABP), intestinal FABP (IFABP; FABP2) and liver FABP (LFABP; FABP1). LFABP is also expressed in liver...
- Tou L, Liu Q, Shivdasani R. Regulation of mammalian epithelial differentiation and intestine development by class I histone deacetylases. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3132-9 pubmed..Thus, modulation of endogenous class I HDAC levels represents a previously unappreciated mechanism to enable onset of tissue-restricted gene expression in a developing mammalian organ. ..
- de Jonge W, Marescau B, D Hooge R, De Deyn P, Hallemeesch M, Deutz N, et al. Overexpression of arginase alters circulating and tissue amino acids and guanidino compounds and affects neuromotor behavior in mice. J Nutr. 2001;131:2732-40 pubmed..In addition, hypoargininemia was associated with disturbed neuromotor behavior, although brain levels of toxic guanidino compounds and ammonia were normal. ..
- Oesterreicher T, Leeper L, Finegold M, Darlington G, Henning S. Intestinal maturation in mice lacking CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha (C/EPBalpha). Biochem J. 1998;330 ( Pt 3):1165-71 pubmed..However, since other C/EBP isoforms are present in the developing intestine, it is possible that there is a generic requirement for a member of the C/EBP family. ..
- Agellon L, Drozdowski L, Li L, Iordache C, Luong L, Clandinin M, et al. Loss of intestinal fatty acid binding protein increases the susceptibility of male mice to high fat diet-induced fatty liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1283-8 pubmedMice lacking I-FABP (encoded by the Fabp2 gene) exhibit a gender dimorphic response to a high fat/cholesterol diet challenge characterized by hepatomegaly in male I-FABP-deficient mice...
- Van Dyck F, Braem C, Chen Z, Declercq J, Deckers R, Kim B, et al. Loss of the PlagL2 transcription factor affects lacteal uptake of chylomicrons. Cell Metab. 2007;6:406-13 pubmed..PlagL2 thus regulates important aspects of dietary lipid absorption, and the PlagL2(-/-) animal model has implications for the amelioration of obesity and the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Bondow B, Faber M, Wojta K, Walker E, Battle M. E-cadherin is required for intestinal morphogenesis in the mouse. Dev Biol. 2012;371:1-12 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that E-cadherin is essential for intestinal epithelial morphogenesis and homeostasis during embryonic development. ..
- Alpers D, Strauss A, Ockner R, Bass N, Gordon J. Cloning of a cDNA encoding rat intestinal fatty acid binding protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:313-7 pubmed
- Leon C, de Nijs L, Chanas G, Delgado Escueta A, Grisar T, Lakaye B. Distribution of EFHC1 or Myoclonin 1 in mouse neural structures. Epilepsy Res. 2010;88:196-207 pubmed publisher..As discussed, this opens the door to a new conceptual approach viewing some idiopathic generalized epilepsies as developmental diseases instead of classical channelopathies. ..
- Grainger S, Lam J, Savory J, Mears A, Rijli F, Lohnes D. Cdx regulates Dll1 in multiple lineages. Dev Biol. 2012;361:1-11 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Cdx members operate upstream of Dll1 to convey different functions in two distinct lineages. ..
- Sugiyama M, Hobson L, Agellon A, Agellon L. Visualization of sex-dimorphic changes in the intestinal transcriptome of Fabp2 gene-ablated mice. J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics. 2012;5:45-55 pubmed publisher..Profiling of the small intestine transcriptome of chow-fed C57BL/6J (wild-type, WT) and Fabp2?/? mice was carried out by microarray analysis...
- Suto J. Quantitative trait locus analysis of plasma cholesterol levels and body weight by controlling the effects of the Apoa2 allele in mice. J Vet Med Sci. 2007;69:385-92 pubmed..The QTL mapping strategy by controlling of the effects of a major QTL facilitated the identification of additional QTLs. ..
- Geske M, Zhang X, Patel K, Ornitz D, Stappenbeck T. Fgf9 signaling regulates small intestinal elongation and mesenchymal development. Development. 2008;135:2959-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the interaction of FGF and TGFbeta signaling pathways in the intestinal mesenchyme could represent novel targets for future short bowel syndrome therapies. ..
- Pierce M, Wang Y, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA clone coding for an intestinal-type fatty acid binding protein and its tissue-specific expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1490:175-83 pubmed..In situ hybridization revealed that the I-FABP mRNA was expressed exclusively in the intestine of the adult zebrafish. ..
- Kaestner K, Silberg D, Traber P, Schutz G. The mesenchymal winged helix transcription factor Fkh6 is required for the control of gastrointestinal proliferation and differentiation. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1583-95 pubmed
- Lee J, Kim T, Yang T, Koo B, Oh S, Lee K, et al. A crucial role of WW45 in developing epithelial tissues in the mouse. EMBO J. 2008;27:1231-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data provide compelling evidence that WW45 is a key mediator of MST1 signalling in the coordinate coupling of proliferation arrest with terminal differentiation for proper epithelial tissue development in mammals. ..
- Yanase H, Shimizu H, Kanda T, Fujii H, Iwanaga T. Cellular localization of the diazepam binding inhibitor (DBI) in the gastrointestinal tract of mice and its coexistence with the fatty acid binding protein (FABP). Arch Histol Cytol. 2001;64:449-60 pubmed
- Leroux A, Ferrere G, Godie V, Cailleux F, Renoud M, Gaudin F, et al. Toxic lipids stored by Kupffer cells correlates with their pro-inflammatory phenotype at an early stage of steatohepatitis. J Hepatol. 2012;57:141-9 pubmed publisher..As macrophages may be involved in the lymphocyte homing, we studied the role of lipids in determining the phenotype of Kupffer cells (KCs) at the stage of steatosis...
- Wells J, Melton D. Early mouse endoderm is patterned by soluble factors from adjacent germ layers. Development. 2000;127:1563-72 pubmed..We conclude that the differentiation of gastrulation-stage endoderm is directed by adjacent mesoderm and ectoderm, one of the earliest reported patterning events in formation of the vertebrate gut tube. ..
- Ritie L, Spenlé C, Lacroute J, Bolcato Bellemin A, Lefebvre O, Bole Feysot C, et al. Abnormal Wnt and PI3Kinase signaling in the malformed intestine of lama5 deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37710 pubmed publisher..Thus deregulated adhesion to laminin-511 may be instrumental in diseases such as human pathologies of the gut where laminin-511 is abnormally expressed as it is shown here. ..
- Schwarz D, Varum S, Zemke M, Schöler A, Baggiolini A, Draganova K, et al. Ezh2 is required for neural crest-derived cartilage and bone formation. Development. 2014;141:867-77 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that craniofacial skeleton formation in higher vertebrates is crucially dependent on epigenetic regulation that keeps in check inhibitors of an osteochondrogenic differentiation program. ..
- Green R, Cohn S, Sacchettini J, Jackson K, Gordon J. The mouse intestinal fatty acid binding protein gene: nucleotide sequence, pattern of developmental and regional expression, and proposed structure of its protein product. DNA Cell Biol. 1992;11:31-41 pubmed..We have isolated the mouse I-FABP gene (Fabpi) and determined its nucleotide sequence...