Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: F4/80
Description: adhesion G protein-coupled receptor E1
Alias: DD7A5-7, EGF-TM7, Emr1, F4/80, Gpf480, Ly71, TM7LN3, adhesion G protein-coupled receptor E1, EGF-like module containing, mucin-like, hormone receptor-like sequence 1, EGF-like module receptor 1, EGF-like module-containing mucin-like hormone receptor-like 1, EMR1 hormone receptor, cell surface glycoprotein F4/80
- Banaei Bouchareb L, Gouon Evans V, Samara Boustani D, Castellotti M, Czernichow P, Pollard J, et al. Insulin cell mass is altered in Csf1op/Csf1op macrophage-deficient mice. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;76:359-67 pubmed..The demonstration of the colony-stimulating factor 1-dependent macrophage involvement in life-time pancreas development/remodeling allows us to pinpoint the tissue-modeling and remodeling functions of this leukocyte lineage. ..
- Chhabra A, Lechner A, Ueno M, Acharya A, Van Handel B, Wang Y, et al. Trophoblasts regulate the placental hematopoietic niche through PDGF-B signaling. Dev Cell. 2012;22:651-9 pubmed publisher..These data provide genetic evidence of a signaling pathway that is required to restrict erythroid differentiation to specific anatomical niches during development. ..
- Rantakari P, Jäppinen N, Lokka E, Mokkala E, Gerke H, Peuhu E, et al. Fetal liver endothelium regulates the seeding of tissue-resident macrophages. Nature. 2016;538:392-396 pubmed publisher..Thus, PLVAP selectively controls the exit of macrophage precursors from the fetal liver and, to our knowledge, is the first molecule identified in any organ as regulating the migratory events during embryonic macrophage ontogeny. ..
- Wakselman S, Béchade C, Roumier A, Bernard D, Triller A, Bessis A. Developmental neuronal death in hippocampus requires the microglial CD11b integrin and DAP12 immunoreceptor. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8138-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data show that the process of developmental neuronal death triggered by microglia is similar to the elimination of pathogenic cells by the innate immune cells. ..
- Li M, Sarkisian M, Mehal W, Rakic P, Flavell R. Phosphatidylserine receptor is required for clearance of apoptotic cells. Science. 2003;302:1560-3 pubmed..These data demonstrate a critical role for PSR in early stages of mammalian organogenesis and suggest that this receptor may be involved in respiratory distress syndromes and congenital brain malformations. ..
- Blackwell T, Hipps A, Yamamoto Y, Han W, Barham W, Ostrowski M, et al. NF-?B signaling in fetal lung macrophages disrupts airway morphogenesis. J Immunol. 2011;187:2740-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that fetal lung macrophage activation contributes to bronchopulmonary dysplasia by generating a localized inflammatory response that disrupts developmental signals critical for lung formation. ..
- Erblich B, Zhu L, Etgen A, Dobrenis K, Pollard J. Absence of colony stimulation factor-1 receptor results in loss of microglia, disrupted brain development and olfactory deficits. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26317 pubmed publisher..CSF-1R is therefore required for the development of microglia, for a fully functional olfactory system and the maintenance of normal brain structure. ..
- Raines A, Adam M, Magella B, Meyer S, Grimes H, Dey S, et al. Recombineering-based dissection of flanking and paralogous Hox gene functions in mouse reproductive tracts. Development. 2013;140:2942-52 pubmed publisher..These results identify novel molecular functions of Hox genes in the development of the male and female reproductive tracts. ..
- Iavarone A, King E, Dai X, Leone G, Stanley E, Lasorella A. Retinoblastoma promotes definitive erythropoiesis by repressing Id2 in fetal liver macrophages. Nature. 2004;432:1040-5 pubmed..1, a master regulator of macrophage differentiation. Thus, Rb has a cell autonomous function in fetal liver macrophages, and restrains Id2 in these cells in order to implement definitive erythropoiesis. ..
- Kwakkenbos M, Kop E, Stacey M, Matmati M, Gordon S, Lin H, et al. The EGF-TM7 family: a postgenomic view. Immunogenetics. 2004;55:655-66 pubmed..Here we discuss the currently available information on this intriguing receptor family. ..
- Mok H, Mendoza M, Prchal J, Balogh P, Schumacher A. Dysregulation of ferroportin 1 interferes with spleen organogenesis in polycythaemia mice. Development. 2004;131:4871-81 pubmed..Thus, aberrant Fpn1 regulation and iron homeostasis interferes with development of the spleen stroma during embryogenesis, resulting in a novel defect in spleen architecture postnatally. ..
- Komohara Y, Terasaki Y, Kaikita K, Suzuki H, Kodama T, Takeya M. Clearance of apoptotic cells is not impaired in mouse embryos deficient in class A scavenger receptor types I and II (CD204). Dev Dyn. 2005;232:67-74 pubmed..During early embryonal development, mesenchymal cells, rather than macrophages, play a major role in apoptotic cell clearance. ..
- Yoshikawa Y, Yamada T, Tai Nagara I, Okabe K, Kitagawa Y, Ema M, et al. Developmental regression of hyaloid vasculature is triggered by neurons. J Exp Med. 2016;213:1175-83 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that neurons trigger transition from the fetal to the postnatal circulatory systems in the retina. ..
- Ichise H, Ichise T, Ohtani O, Yoshida N. Phospholipase Cgamma2 is necessary for separation of blood and lymphatic vasculature in mice. Development. 2009;136:191-5 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PLCgamma2 plays an essential role in initiating and maintaining the separation of the blood and lymphatic vasculature. ..
- Wilson Y, Richards K, Ford Perriss M, Panthier J, Murphy M. Neural crest cell lineage segregation in the mouse neural tube. Development. 2004;131:6153-62 pubmed..The p75+ cells are located ventrolateral to the Kit+ cells in areas of the NT where these two cell types are found. These data provide direct in vivo evidence for NC lineage segregation within the mouse neural tube. ..
- Brenner O, Levanon D, Negreanu V, Golubkov O, Fainaru O, Woolf E, et al. Loss of Runx3 function in leukocytes is associated with spontaneously developed colitis and gastric mucosal hyperplasia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:16016-21 pubmed..Several susceptibility loci were identified on different human chromosomes including the chromosomal region 1p36 where RUNX3 resides. It is thus tempting to speculate that mutations in RUNX3 may constitute an IBD risk factor in humans. ..
- Sasaki T, Mizuochi C, Horio Y, Nakao K, Akashi K, Sugiyama D. Regulation of hematopoietic cell clusters in the placental niche through SCF/Kit signaling in embryonic mouse. Development. 2010;137:3941-52 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that placental HC clusters originate from the allantois and are regulated by endothelial niche cells through SCF/Kit signaling. ..
- Hoeffel G, Wang Y, Greter M, See P, Teo P, Malleret B, et al. Adult Langerhans cells derive predominantly from embryonic fetal liver monocytes with a minor contribution of yolk sac-derived macrophages. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1167-81 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we establish that adult LCs have a dual origin, bridging early embryonic and late fetal myeloid development...
- Peters J, Dufner Beattie J, Xu W, Geiser J, Lahner B, Salt D, et al. Targeting of the mouse Slc39a2 (Zip2) gene reveals highly cell-specific patterns of expression, and unique functions in zinc, iron, and calcium homeostasis. Genesis. 2007;45:339-52 pubmed..These studies further reveal novel interactions between zinc transporter function and the homeostasis of other essential metals. ..
- Timsit S, Martinez S, Allinquant B, Peyron F, Puelles L, Zalc B. Oligodendrocytes originate in a restricted zone of the embryonic ventral neural tube defined by DM-20 mRNA expression. J Neurosci. 1995;15:1012-24 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that expression of the DM-20 transcript is an early marker of commitment to the oligodendrocyte lineage, and that oligodendrocyte precursors originate in a ventrally restricted region. ..
- Hung S, Chang A, Kato I, Chang N. Transient expression of Ym1, a heparin-binding lectin, during developmental hematopoiesis and inflammation. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;72:72-82 pubmed..In addition, its putative functional association with heparin/heparan sulfate is discussed. ..
- Lin H, Faunce D, Stacey M, Terajewicz A, Nakamura T, Zhang Hoover J, et al. The macrophage F4/80 receptor is required for the induction of antigen-specific efferent regulatory T cells in peripheral tolerance. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1615-25 pubmed..Peripheral tolerance was restored in F4/80(-/-) mice by adoptive transfer of F4/80(+) APCs in both peripheral tolerance models, indicating a central role for the F4/80 molecule in the generation of efferent CD8(+) T reg cells. ..
- Cromphout K, Vleugels W, Heykants L, Schollen E, Keldermans L, Sciot R, et al. The normal phenotype of Pmm1-deficient mice suggests that Pmm1 is not essential for normal mouse development. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5621-35 pubmed
- Roumier A, Pascual O, Béchade C, Wakselman S, Poncer J, Real E, et al. Prenatal activation of microglia induces delayed impairment of glutamatergic synaptic function. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2595 pubmed publisher..We propose that these alterations triggered by prenatal activation of microglia provide a cellular basis for the neuropsychiatric defects induced by prenatal inflammation. ..
- Andriani G, Faggioli F, Baker D, DollÃ© M, Sellers R, HÃ©bert J, et al. Whole chromosome aneuploidy in the brain of Bub1bH/H and Ercc1-/Î”7 mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:755-65 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on the mechanisms of removal of aneuploidy cells in vivo. ..
- Sakaguchi M, Sharmin S, Taguchi A, Ohmori T, Fujimura S, Abe T, et al. The phosphatase Dullard negatively regulates BMP signalling and is essential for nephron maintenance after birth. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1398 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dullard keeps BMP signalling at an appropriate level, which is required for nephron maintenance in the postnatal period. ..
- Sui Z, Nowak R, Bacconi A, Kim N, Liu H, Li J, et al. Tropomodulin3-null mice are embryonic lethal with anemia due to impaired erythroid terminal differentiation in the fetal liver. Blood. 2014;123:758-67 pubmed publisher..Tmod3-mediated actin remodeling may be required for erythroblast-macrophage adhesion, coordination of cell cycle with differentiation, and F-actin assembly and remodeling during erythroblast enucleation. ..
- Legrand F, Tomasevic N, Simakova O, Lee C, Wang Z, Raffeld M, et al. The eosinophil surface receptor epidermal growth factor-like module containing mucin-like hormone receptor 1 (EMR1): a novel therapeutic target for eosinophilic disorders. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1439-47, 1447.e1-8 pubmed publisher..the human eosinophil surface receptor epidermal growth factor-like module containing mucin-like hormone receptor 1 (EMR1) as a therapeutic target for eosinophilic disorders...
- Hagemeyer N, Kierdorf K, Frenzel K, Xue J, Ringelhan M, Abdullah Z, et al. Transcriptome-based profiling of yolk sac-derived macrophages reveals a role for Irf8 in macrophage maturation. EMBO J. 2016;35:1730-44 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new cellular and molecular insights into the origin and developmental pathways of tissue M?. ..
- Barnes N, Gavin A, Tan P, Mottram P, Koentgen F, Hogarth P. FcgammaRI-deficient mice show multiple alterations to inflammatory and immune responses. Immunity. 2002;16:379-89 pubmed..In addition, FcR-gamma chain-deficient mice were found to express partially functional FcgammaRI. Thus, FcgammaRI is an early participant in Fc-dependent cell activation and in the development of immune responses. ..
- Lee K, Danuser R, Stein J, Graham D, Nibbs R, Graham G. The chemokine receptors ACKR2 and CCR2 reciprocally regulate lymphatic vessel density. EMBO J. 2014;33:2564-80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these receptors regulate vessel density by reciprocally modulating pro-lymphangiogenic macrophage recruitment, and proximity, to developing, resting and regenerating lymphatic vessels. ..
- Ojala J, Pikkarainen T, Elmberger G, Tryggvason K. Progressive reactive lymphoid connective tissue disease and development of autoantibodies in scavenger receptor A5-deficient mice. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:1681-95 pubmed publisher..These disturbances are reminiscent of those found in many human autoimmune connective tissue disorders, which suggests that defects in fibroblast SCARA5 can underlie some forms of autoimmune disease. ..
- Peraki I, Palis J, Mavrothalassitis G. The Ets2 Repressor Factor (Erf) Is Required for Effective Primitive and Definitive Hematopoiesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..We conclude that Erf is required for both primitive and erythromyeloid progenitor waves of hematopoietic stem cell (HSC)-independent hematopoiesis as well as for the normal function of HSCs. ..
- Pillai M, Hayes B, Torok Storb B. Inducible transgenes under the control of the hCD68 promoter identifies mouse macrophages with a distribution that differs from the F4/80 - and CSF-1R-expressing populations. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1387-92 pubmed publisher..Whether this population is functionally distinct remains to be established. ..
- Kawane K, Fukuyama H, Kondoh G, Takeda J, Ohsawa Y, Uchiyama Y, et al. Requirement of DNase II for definitive erythropoiesis in the mouse fetal liver. Science. 2001;292:1546-9 pubmed..Thus, DNase II in macrophages appears to be responsible for destroying the nuclear DNA expelled from erythroid precursor cells. ..
- Kronqvist P, Kawaguchi N, Albrechtsen R, Xu X, Schrøder H, Moghadaszadeh B, et al. ADAM12 alleviates the skeletal muscle pathology in mdx dystrophic mice. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:1535-40 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that ADAM12 directly or indirectly contributes to muscle cell regeneration, stability, and survival. ..
- Weichand B, Weis N, Weigert A, Grossmann N, Levkau B, Brüne B. Apoptotic cells enhance sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 dependent macrophage migration. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:3306-13 pubmed publisher..S1PR1 expression on macrophages might, therefore, be relevant for restoring tissue homeostasis during the resolution of inflammation. ..
- Osorio K, Lilja K, Tumbar T. Runx1 modulates adult hair follicle stem cell emergence and maintenance from distinct embryonic skin compartments. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:235-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, a master regulator of hematopoiesis also controls HFSC emergence and maintenance via modulation of bidirectional cross talking between nascent stem cells and their niche. ..
- Dandoy Dron F, Guillo F, Benboudjema L, Deslys J, Lasmezas C, Dormont D, et al. Gene expression in scrapie. Cloning of a new scrapie-responsive gene and the identification of increased levels of seven other mRNA transcripts. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7691-7 pubmed..ScRG-1 mRNA was found to be preferentially expressed in glial cells and to code for a short protein of 47 amino acids with a strong hydrophobic N-terminal region. ..
- Dupé V, Ghyselinck N, Thomazy V, Nagy L, Davies P, Chambon P, et al. Essential roles of retinoic acid signaling in interdigital apoptosis and control of BMP-7 expression in mouse autopods. Dev Biol. 1999;208:30-43 pubmed..Therefore, RA may exert some of its effects on anteroposterior autopod patterning through controlling BMP-7 expression. ..
- Horiguchi N, Wang L, Mukhopadhyay P, Park O, Jeong W, Lafdil F, et al. Cell type-dependent pro- and anti-inflammatory role of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in alcoholic liver injury. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:1148-58 pubmed publisher..In addition, activation of hepatocellular STAT3 ameliorates alcoholic fatty liver via inhibition of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c expression. ..
- Freyer L, Hsu C, Nowotschin S, Pauli A, Ishida J, Kuba K, et al. Loss of Apela Peptide in Mice Causes Low Penetrance Embryonic Lethality and Defects in Early Mesodermal Derivatives. Cell Rep. 2017;20:2116-2130 pubmed publisher..Double-mutant analyses showed that loss of Apela signaling impacts early Aplnr-expressing mesodermal populations independently of the alternative ligand Apelin, leading to lethal cardiac defects in some Apela null embryos. ..
- Pucci F, Venneri M, Biziato D, Nonis A, Moi D, Sica A, et al. A distinguishing gene signature shared by tumor-infiltrating Tie2-expressing monocytes, blood "resident" monocytes, and embryonic macrophages suggests common functions and developmental relationships. Blood. 2009;114:901-14 pubmed publisher
- Chen L, Yang Yen H, Tsai C, Thio C, Chuang H, Yang L, et al. Protein Palmitoylation by ZDHHC13 Protects Skin against Microbial-Driven Dermatitis. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:894-904 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study suggests that loss of ZDHHC13 in skin impairs the integrity of multiple barrier functions and leads to a dermatitis lesion in response to microbial encounters. ..
- Lax S, Hou T, Jenkinson E, Salmon M, MacFadyen J, Isacke C, et al. CD248/Endosialin is dynamically expressed on a subset of stromal cells during lymphoid tissue development, splenic remodeling and repair. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3550-6 pubmed..These results suggest that CD248 expression helps define a subset of LT stromal cells which play a role in remodelling during tissue development, infection and repair. ..
- Wood W, Turmaine M, Weber R, Camp V, Maki R, McKercher S, et al. Mesenchymal cells engulf and clear apoptotic footplate cells in macrophageless PU.1 null mouse embryos. Development. 2000;127:5245-52 pubmed
- Abram C, Roberge G, Hu Y, Lowell C. Comparative analysis of the efficiency and specificity of myeloid-Cre deleting strains using ROSA-EYFP reporter mice. J Immunol Methods. 2014;408:89-100 pubmed publisher..By focusing on myeloid subsets, we directly compare the relative efficiency and specificity of myeloid deletion in these strains under steady-state conditions. ..
- Cheung K, Mok S, Rezaie P, Chan W. Dynamic expression of Dab2 in the mouse embryonic central nervous system. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:76 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate the dynamic spatiotemporal expression of Dab2 protein within the CNS during development. ..
- Maruyama K, Nakazawa T, Cursiefen C, Maruyama Y, Van Rooijen N, D Amore P, et al. The maintenance of lymphatic vessels in the cornea is dependent on the presence of macrophages. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:3145-53 pubmed publisher..We sought to determine whether the existence of lymphatic vessels in the non-inflamed cornea is associated with the presence of MPS...
- Lee H, Qin Y, Kim Y, Park E, Hwang J, Huo G, et al. Expression of lymphatic endothelium-specific hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1 in the developing mouse kidney. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;343:429-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, lymphatic vessels of the kidney might originate by extension of extra-renal lymphatics through an active branching process possibly associated with F4/80(+)/CD11b(-)/LYVE-1(+) macrophages/dendritic cells. ..
- Hahn N, Dietz C, Kühl S, Vossmerbaeumer U, Kroll J. KLEIP deficiency in mice causes progressive corneal neovascular dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:3260-8 pubmed publisher..The data identify KLEIP as an important molecule regulating corneal epithelial integrity. ..
- Hamon Y, Broccardo C, Chambenoit O, Luciani M, Toti F, Chaslin S, et al. ABC1 promotes engulfment of apoptotic cells and transbilayer redistribution of phosphatidylserine. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:399-406 pubmed..Transient local exposure of anionic phospholipids in the outer membrane leaflet may be sufficient to alter the general properties of the membrane and thus influence discrete physiological functions...
- Kanady J, Dellinger M, Munger S, Witte M, Simon A. Connexin37 and Connexin43 deficiencies in mice disrupt lymphatic valve development and result in lymphatic disorders including lymphedema and chylothorax. Dev Biol. 2011;354:253-66 pubmed publisher..These results show that at least three Cxs are expressed in the developing lymphatic vasculature and, when defective, are associated with clinically manifest lymphatic disorders in mice and man...
- Dayton T, Gocheva V, Miller K, Israelsen W, Bhutkar A, Clish C, et al. Germline loss of PKM2 promotes metabolic distress and hepatocellular carcinoma. Genes Dev. 2016;30:1020-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its role in cancer metabolism, PKM2 plays a role in controlling systemic metabolic homeostasis and inflammation, thereby preventing HCC by a non-cell-autonomous mechanism. ..
- ArnÃ² B, Grassivaro F, Rossi C, Bergamaschi A, Castiglioni V, Furlan R, et al. Neural progenitor cells orchestrate microglia migration and positioning into the developing cortex. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5611 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the depletion of microglia in mice lacking receptor for colony-stimulating factor-1 (Csf-1R) reduces BPs into the cerebral cortex. ..
- Nikolaou K, Moulos P, Chalepakis G, Hatzis P, Oda H, Reinberg D, et al. Spontaneous development of hepatocellular carcinoma with cancer stem cell properties in PR-SET7-deficient livers. EMBO J. 2015;34:430-47 pubmed publisher..Hepatocellular carcinoma in PR-SET7-deficient mice displays a cancer stem cell gene signature specified by the co-expression of ductal progenitor markers and oncofetal genes. ..
- Martinez P, Ferrara Romeo I, Flores J, Blasco M. Essential role for the TRF2 telomere protein in adult skin homeostasis. Aging Cell. 2014;13:656-68 pubmed publisher..These results are in contrast with conditional deletion of TRF1 and TPP1 in the skin, where p53 deficiency rescued the associated skin phenotypes, highlighting the comparatively more essential role of TRF2 in skin homeostasis. ..
- Ioan Facsinay A, De Kimpe S, Hellwig S, van Lent P, Hofhuis F, Van Ojik H, et al. FcgammaRI (CD64) contributes substantially to severity of arthritis, hypersensitivity responses, and protection from bacterial infection. Immunity. 2002;16:391-402 pubmed..We conclude that FcgammaRI contributes substantially to a variety of IgG2a-IC-dependent immune functions and immunopathological responses. ..
- Lange A, Yutzey K. NFATc1 expression in the developing heart valves is responsive to the RANKL pathway and is required for endocardial expression of cathepsin K. Dev Biol. 2006;292:407-17 pubmed..Together, these results support a role for RANKL signaling during heart valve development and suggest that valve leaflet morphogenesis involves NFATc1-dependent expression of remodeling enzymes including Ctsk. ..
- Castagnaro L, Lenti E, Maruzzelli S, Spinardi L, Migliori E, Farinello D, et al. Nkx2-5(+)islet1(+) mesenchymal precursors generate distinct spleen stromal cell subsets and participate in restoring stromal network integrity. Immunity. 2013;38:782-91 pubmed publisher..These findings identify progenitor cells that generate stromal diversity in spleen development and repair and suggest the existence of multipotent stromal progenitors in the adult spleen with regenerative capacity...
- Kim K, Sung H, Koh G. Lymphatic development in mouse small intestine. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2020-5 pubmed..Together, our study reveals the temporal and spatial windows of intestinal lymphatic development during embryonic development in mouse. ..
- Verhage M, Maia A, Plomp J, Brussaard A, Heeroma J, Vermeer H, et al. Synaptic assembly of the brain in the absence of neurotransmitter secretion. Science. 2000;287:864-9 pubmed..Thus, synaptic connectivity does not depend on neurotransmitter secretion, but its maintenance does. Neurotransmitter secretion probably functions to validate already established synaptic connections. ..
- Nakamura M, Hamada M, Hasegawa K, Kusakabe M, Suzuki H, Greaves D, et al. c-Maf is essential for the F4/80 expression in macrophages in vivo. Gene. 2009;445:66-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that c-Maf is required for the F4/80 expression in macrophages in vivo. ..
- Sharma P, Anderson R, Copp A, Henderson D. Spatiotemporal analysis of programmed cell death during mouse cardiac septation. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2004;277:355-69 pubmed..Expression of Fas and FasL corresponds to these low-intensity foci, but not those with high-intensity, suggesting that activation of this death receptor may be specifically involved in molecular control of the low-intensity foci. ..
- Moriguchi T, Hamada M, Morito N, Terunuma T, Hasegawa K, Zhang C, et al. MafB is essential for renal development and F4/80 expression in macrophages. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5715-27 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MafB is essential for podocyte differentiation, renal tubule survival, and F4/80 maturation in a distinct subpopulation of nonadherent mature macrophages. ..
- Becattini B, Zani F, Breasson L, Sardi C, D Agostino V, Choo M, et al. JNK1 ablation in mice confers long-term metabolic protection from diet-induced obesity at the cost of moderate skin oxidative damage. FASEB J. 2016;30:3124-32 pubmed publisher..Breasson, L., Sardi, C., D'Agostino, V. G., Choo, M.-K., Provenzani, A., Park, J. M., Solinas, G. JNK1 ablation in mice confers long-term metabolic protection from diet-induced obesity at the cost of moderate skin oxidative damage. ..
- Larrieu Lahargue F, Welm A, Thomas K, Li D. Netrin-4 induces lymphangiogenesis in vivo. Blood. 2010;115:5418-26 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide evidence that Netrin-4 is a lymphangiogenic factor contributing to tumor dissemination and represents a potential target to inhibit metastasis formation. ..
- Court N, Vasseur V, Vacher R, Fremond C, Shebzukhov Y, Yeremeev V, et al. Partial redundancy of the pattern recognition receptors, scavenger receptors, and C-type lectins for the long-term control of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. J Immunol. 2010;184:7057-70 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis infection, in sharp contrast with the nonredundant, essential role of the TNF, IL-1, or IFN-gamma pathway for host resistance to M. tuberculosis. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhang F, An P, Guo X, Shen Y, Tao Y, et al. Ferroportin1 deficiency in mouse macrophages impairs iron homeostasis and inflammatory responses. Blood. 2011;118:1912-22 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that Fpn1 plays important roles in macrophage iron release in vivo and in modulating innate immune responses. ..
- Kobayashi A, Mugford J, Krautzberger A, Naiman N, Liao J, McMahon A. Identification of a multipotent self-renewing stromal progenitor population during mammalian kidney organogenesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2014;3:650-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations suggest that distinct multipotent self-renewing progenitor populations coordinate cellular differentiation of the nephron epithelium and renal stroma during mammalian kidney organogenesis. ..
- Tagliani E, Shi C, Nancy P, Tay C, Pamer E, Erlebacher A. Coordinate regulation of tissue macrophage and dendritic cell population dynamics by CSF-1. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1901-16 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide cellular and molecular insight into the regulation of M? tissue densities under noninflammatory conditions and reveal a central role for CSF-1 in the coordination of M? and DC homeostasis. ..
- Fantin A, Vieira J, Plein A, Denti L, Fruttiger M, Pollard J, et al. NRP1 acts cell autonomously in endothelium to promote tip cell function during sprouting angiogenesis. Blood. 2013;121:2352-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that NRP1 promotes endothelial tip cell function during angiogenesis. ..
- Chen H, Kamath R, Pace J, Russell S, Hunt J. Gestation-related expression of the interferon-gamma receptor gene in mouse uterine and embryonic hematopoietic cells. J Leukoc Biol. 1994;55:617-25 pubmed
- Tai Nagara I, Yoshikawa Y, Numata N, Ando T, Okabe K, Sugiura Y, et al. Placental labyrinth formation in mice requires endothelial FLRT2/UNC5B signaling. Development. 2017;144:2392-2401 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the proper organization of the placental labyrinth depends on coordinated inter-endothelial repulsion, which prevents uncontrolled layering of the endothelium. ..
- Farmer D, Nathan S, Finley J, Shengyang Yu K, Emmerson E, Byrnes L, et al. Defining epithelial cell dynamics and lineage relationships in the developing lacrimal gland. Development. 2017;144:2517-2528 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal crucial features of lacrimal gland development that have broad implications for understanding epithelial organogenesis. ..
- Buttler K, Ezaki T, Wilting J. Proliferating mesodermal cells in murine embryos exhibiting macrophage and lymphendothelial characteristics. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:43 pubmed publisher..The impact of a dual source of LECs for ontogenetic, phylogenetic and pathological lymphangiogenesis is discussed. ..
- Fantin A, Vieira J, Gestri G, Denti L, Schwarz Q, Prykhozhij S, et al. Tissue macrophages act as cellular chaperones for vascular anastomosis downstream of VEGF-mediated endothelial tip cell induction. Blood. 2010;116:829-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that tissue macrophages are a target for antiangiogenic therapies, but that they could equally well be exploited to stimulate tissue vascularization in ischemic disease. ..
- Porcu S, Manchinu M, Marongiu M, Sogos V, Poddie D, Asunis I, et al. Klf1 affects DNase II-alpha expression in the central macrophage of a fetal liver erythroblastic island: a non-cell-autonomous role in definitive erythropoiesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4144-54 pubmed publisher..We further show that Dnase2a is severely downregulated in the Klf1 KO fetal liver. We propose that this downregulation of Dnase2a in the CMEI contributes to the Klf1 KO phenotype by a non-cell-autonomous mechanism. ..