Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Evi2a
Description: ecotropic viral integration site 2a
Alias: AW491894, Evi-2, Evi2, protein EVI2A, EVI-2A, ecotropic viral integration site 2A protein
- Jin D, Lyu M, Kozak C, Jeang K. Function of 14-3-3 proteins. Nature. 1996;382:308 pubmed
- Cho B, Shaughnessy J, Largaespada D, Bedigian H, Buchberg A, Jenkins N, et al. Frequent disruption of the Nf1 gene by a novel murine AIDS virus-related provirus in BXH-2 murine myeloid lymphomas. J Virol. 1995;69:7138-46 pubmed..We present a model that accounts for the positive selection of MRV proviruses at Evi-2, which may allow selective identification of common viral integration sites harboring tumor suppressor genes. ..
- Elliott R, Lee B, Eicher E. Localization of the growth hormone gene to the distal half of mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1990;8:591-4 pubmed..Segregation analysis also refined the location of Sparc (secreted acidic cysteine-rich glycoprotein) on mouse chromosome 11 to a position 16.7 +/- 4.2 map units proximal to Evi-2 (ecotropic viral integration site 2). ..
- Takahashi Y, Shimizu A, Sakai T, Endo Y, Osawa N, Shisa H, et al. Mapping of the nu gene using congenic nude strains and in situ hybridization. J Exp Med. 1992;175:873-6 pubmed..From these data, we could estimate the location of the nu gene, not only genetically but also physically within a region that spans approximately 17 megabases (9 cM) between the Acrb and Mpo genes. ..
- Wilson S, Billings P, D EUSTACHIO P, Fournier R, Geissler E, Lalley P, et al. Clustering of cytokine genes on mouse chromosome 11. J Exp Med. 1990;171:1301-14 pubmed
- Buchberg A, Bedigian H, Taylor B, Brownell E, Ihle J, Nagata S, et al. Localization of Evi-2 to chromosome 11: linkage to other proto-oncogene and growth factor loci using interspecific backcross mice. Oncogene Res. 1988;2:149-65 pubmed..This study revealed a number of interesting conserved linkage groups common to mouse and man. ..
- Bernier L, Colman D, D EUSTACHIO P. Chromosomal locations of genes encoding 2',3' cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase and glial fibrillary acidic protein in the mouse. J Neurosci Res. 1988;20:497-504 pubmed..We have localized the GFAP gene to distal chromosome 11 in the mouse. There are two genetic loci identified by CNP probes, one is closely linked to the GFAP gene, and the other maps to chromosome 3. ..
- Cho Y, Chema D, Moskow J, Cho M, Schroeder W, Overbeek P, et al. Epidermal surface antigen (MS17S1) is highly conserved between mouse and human. Genomics. 1995;27:251-8 pubmed..These data suggest that both the function and the regulation of ESA protein are of importance and that Esa (M17S1) is not the nude locus gene. ..
- Lane T, Deng C, Elson A, Lyu M, Kozak C, Leder P. Expression of Brca1 is associated with terminal differentiation of ectodermally and mesodermally derived tissues in mice. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2712-22 pubmed..In addition, increased transcription of mammary Brca1 during pregnancy might contribute, in part, to the reduced cancer risk associated with exposure to pregnancy and lactation. ..
- Ivakine E, Fox C, Paterson A, Mortin Toth S, Canty A, Walton D, et al. Sex-specific effect of insulin-dependent diabetes 4 on regulation of diabetes pathogenesis in the nonobese diabetic mouse. J Immunol. 2005;174:7129-40 pubmed..Additional studies will be required to address the question of whether a sex-specific effect of Idd4, observed in this study, is also present in the spontaneous model of the disease with striking female bias. ..
- Chen X, Kurre U, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Funk C. cDNA cloning, expression, mutagenesis of C-terminal isoleucine, genomic structure, and chromosomal localizations of murine 12-lipoxygenases. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:13979-87 pubmed..Antibodies prepared against the two forms of 12-lipoxygenase revealed the differential distribution of the two enzymes throughout the mouse. ..
- Jenne D, Tinschert S, Dorschner M, Hameister H, Stephens K, Kehrer Sawatzki H. Complete physical map and gene content of the human NF1 tumor suppressor region in human and mouse. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003;37:111-20 pubmed..and cDNA structure of all functional genes, CYTOR4, FLJ12735, FLJ22729, CENTA2, MGC13061, NF1, OMG, EVI2B, EVI2A, KIAA1821, MGC11316, HCA66, KIAA0160, and WI-12393, from this region...
- Venturin M, Bentivegna A, Moroni R, Larizza L, Riva P. Evidence by expression analysis of candidate genes for congenital heart defects in the NF1 microdeletion interval. Ann Hum Genet. 2005;69:508-16 pubmed
- Nehls M, Lüno K, Schorpp M, Pfeifer D, Krause S, Matysiak Scholze U, et al. YAC/P1 contigs defining the location of 56 microsatellite markers and several genes across a 3.4-cM interval on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:321-31 pubmed..In the cryb1/Nf1 interval of the central contig, several new genes have been identified by exon trapping and precisely localized with respect to known STS markers. ..
- Blackburn C, Griffith J, Morahan G. A high-resolution map of the chromosomal region surrounding the nude gene. Genomics. 1995;26:308-17 pubmed..We also report the typing of the above microsatellite markers in the AKXD, AKXL, BXD, CXB, and BXH recombinant inbred strains, which confirmed the relative order and separation of loci in this region. ..
- Jenkins N, Rothe H, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Kolb H. Mapping of the gene for inducible nitric oxide (NO) synthase of mouse macrophages to chromosome 11, close to Evi-2, nu, and Idd-4. Genomics. 1994;19:402-4 pubmed
- Blatt C, Eversole Cire P, Cohn V, Zollman S, Fournier R, Mohandas L, et al. Chromosomal localization of genes encoding guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunits in mouse and human. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:7642-6 pubmed..These mapping assignments will be useful in defining the extent of the G alpha gene family and may help in attempts to correlate specific genetic diseases with genes corresponding to G proteins. ..
- Buchberg A, Bedigian H, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Evi-2, a common integration site involved in murine myeloid leukemogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:4658-66 pubmed..Interestingly, the human homolog of Evi-2 has recently been shown to be tightly linked to the von Recklinghausen neurofibromatosis locus, suggesting a role for Evi-2 in human disease as well. ..
- Malo D, Schurr E, Levenson R, Gros P. Assignment of Na,K-ATPase beta 2-subunit gene (Atpb-2) to mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1990;6:697-9 pubmed
- Kozak C, Danciger M, Bowes C, Adamson M, Palczewski K, Polans A, et al. Localization of three genes expressed in retina on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:142-4 pubmed
- Reiner O, Albrecht U, Gordon M, Chianese K, Wong C, Gal Gerber O, et al. Lissencephaly gene (LIS1) expression in the CNS suggests a role in neuronal migration. J Neurosci. 1995;15:3730-8 pubmed..The direct correlation between cortical defects in MDS patients and Lis1 expression in the murine cortex suggest that the mouse is a model system suitable to study the mechanistic basis of this intriguing genetic disease. ..
- Byrd L. Regional localization of the nu mutation on mouse chromosome 11. Immunogenetics. 1993;37:157-9 pubmed
- Mock B, Krall M, Byrd L, Chin H, Barton C, Charles I, et al. The inducible form of nitric oxide synthase (NOS2) isolated from murine macrophages maps near the nude mutation on mouse chromosome 11. Eur J Immunogenet. 1994;21:231-8 pubmed..The position of Nos2 was also mapped relative to the markers 115, Evi2, Cchlbl (previously unmapped), and Gfap...