Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Etv5
Description: ets variant 5
Alias: 1110005E01Rik, 8430401F14Rik, ERM, ETS translocation variant 5, ets variant gene 5
- Reginensi A, Clarkson M, Neirijnck Y, Lu B, Ohyama T, Groves A, et al. SOX9 controls epithelial branching by activating RET effector genes during kidney development. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1143-53 pubmed publisher..SOX8/9 are required downstream of GDNF signalling for the activation of RET effector genes such as Sprouty1 and Etv5. At later stages of development, SOX9 is required to maintain ureteric tip identity and SOX9 ablation induces ..
- Simon L, Ekman G, Tyagi G, Hess R, Murphy K, Cooke P. Common and distinct factors regulate expression of mRNA for ETV5 and GDNF, Sertoli cell proteins essential for spermatogonial stem cell maintenance. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3090-9 pubmedb>Ets variant gene 5 (ETV5) and glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) are produced in Sertoli cells and required for maintenance and self-renewal of spermatogonial stem cells (SSCs) in mice...
- Simon L, Ekman G, Garcia T, Carnes K, Zhang Z, Murphy T, et al. ETV5 regulates sertoli cell chemokines involved in mouse stem/progenitor spermatogonia maintenance. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1882-92 pubmed publisher..Mice with targeted disruption of Ets variant gene 5 (Etv5) show total loss of stem/progenitor spermatogonia following the first wave of spermatogenesis, ..
- Zhang Z, Sui P, Dong A, Hassell J, Cserjesi P, Chen Y, et al. Preaxial polydactyly: interactions among ETV, TWIST1 and HAND2 control anterior-posterior patterning of the limb. Development. 2010;137:3417-26 pubmed publisher..importantly, we uncovered genetic synergism between Twist1 and the ETS family transcription factor genes Etv4 and Etv5 (collectively Etv), which also inhibit Shh expression...
- Klein O, Lyons D, Balooch G, Marshall G, Basson M, Peterka M, et al. An FGF signaling loop sustains the generation of differentiated progeny from stem cells in mouse incisors. Development. 2008;135:377-85 pubmed..These data reveal that the generation of differentiated progeny from a particular stem cell population can be differently regulated in the embryo and adult. ..
- Oatley J, Avarbock M, Brinster R. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor regulation of genes essential for self-renewal of mouse spermatogonial stem cells is dependent on Src family kinase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25842-51 pubmed..In these cultures mRNA for the transcription factors Bcl6b, Erm, and Lhx1 are up-regulated by GDNF and decreased in its absence...
- Patel N, Sharpe P, Miletich I. Coordination of epithelial branching and salivary gland lumen formation by Wnt and FGF signals. Dev Biol. 2011;358:156-67 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings point to a key function of FGF signaling in the maintenance of an undifferentiated state in endbud cells by inhibition of a ductal fate...
- Liu Y, Jiang H, Crawford H, Hogan B. Role for ETS domain transcription factors Pea3/Erm in mouse lung development. Dev Biol. 2003;261:10-24 pubmed..Here, we report that the expression of Pea3 and Erm (or Etv5, Ets variant gene 5), which encode Pea3 subfamily ETS domain transcription factors, is initially restricted to the distal buds ..
- Urness L, Paxton C, Wang X, Schoenwolf G, Mansour S. FGF signaling regulates otic placode induction and refinement by controlling both ectodermal target genes and hindbrain Wnt8a. Dev Biol. 2010;340:595-604 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that Wnt8a provides the link between FGF-induced formation of the pre-otic field and restriction of the otic placode to ectoderm adjacent to the hindbrain. ..
- Eo J, Han K, M Murphy K, Song H, Lim H. Etv5, an ETS transcription factor, is expressed in granulosa and cumulus cells and serves as a transcriptional regulator of the cyclooxygenase-2. J Endocrinol. 2008;198:281-90 pubmed publisherEtv4, Etv1, and Etv5 are members of Etv4 subfamily of E26 transformation-specific (Ets) transcription factors that are known to influence a host of biological processes...
- Jedlicka P, Sui X, Sussel L, Gutierrez Hartmann A. Ets transcription factors control epithelial maturation and transit and crypt-villus morphogenesis in the mammalian intestine. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1280-90 pubmed publisher..expression in small intestinal epithelium of a fusion protein composed of the Engrailed repressor domain and the Erm DNA-binding domain (En/Erm) results in marked disruption of normal crypt-villus homeostasis, including a cell-..
- Yu T, Yaguchi Y, Echevarria D, Martinez S, Basson M. Sprouty genes prevent excessive FGF signalling in multiple cell types throughout development of the cerebellum. Development. 2011;138:2957-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that FGF signalling levels have to be tightly controlled throughout cerebellar development in order to maintain the normal development of multiple cell types. ..
- Lin S, Perl A, Shannon J. Erm/thyroid transcription factor 1 interactions modulate surfactant protein C transcription. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16716-26 pubmed..In the present study we have demonstrated that Erm, a member of the Ets family of transcription factors, is expressed in the distal lung epithelium during development ..
- Chen C, Ouyang W, Grigura V, Zhou Q, Carnes K, Lim H, et al. ERM is required for transcriptional control of the spermatogonial stem cell niche. Nature. 2005;436:1030-4 pubmed..Here we show that the Ets related molecule (ERM) is expressed exclusively within Sertoli cells in the testis and is required for spermatogonial stem cell self-..
- Morrow C, Hostetler C, Griswold M, Hofmann M, Murphy K, Cooke P, et al. ETV5 is required for continuous spermatogenesis in adult mice and may mediate blood testes barrier function and testicular immune privilege. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1120:144-51 pubmedThe transcription factor Ets-variant gene 5 (ETV5) is essential for spermatogonial stem cell (SSC) self-renewal, as the targeted deletion of the Etv5 gene in mice (Etv5(-/-)) results in only the first wave of spermatogenesis...
- Wu X, Goodyear S, Tobias J, Avarbock M, Brinster R. Spermatogonial stem cell self-renewal requires ETV5-mediated downstream activation of Brachyury in mice. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:1114-23 pubmed publisher..cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-regulated transcription factors Ets (E-twenty-six) variant gene 5 (Etv5); B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)/lymphoma 6, member B (Bcl6b); and POU domain, class-3 transcription ..
- Mao J, McGlinn E, Huang P, Tabin C, McMahon A. Fgf-dependent Etv4/5 activity is required for posterior restriction of Sonic Hedgehog and promoting outgrowth of the vertebrate limb. Dev Cell. 2009;16:600-6 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that FGF-dependent activation of the ETS transcription factors Etv4 and Etv5 contributes to proximal-distal limb outgrowth...
- Tyagi G, Carnes K, Morrow C, Kostereva N, Ekman G, Meling D, et al. Loss of Etv5 decreases proliferation and RET levels in neonatal mouse testicular germ cells and causes an abnormal first wave of spermatogenesis. Biol Reprod. 2009;81:258-66 pubmed publisherMice that are ets variant gene 5 (ETV5) null (Etv5(-/-)) undergo the first wave of spermatogenesis but lose all spermatogonial stem cells (SSCs) during this time...
- Willecke R, Heuberger J, Grossmann K, Michos O, Schmidt Ott K, Walentin K, et al. The tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 acts downstream of GDNF/Ret in branching morphogenesis of the developing mouse kidney. Dev Biol. 2011;360:310-7 pubmed publisher..system, that is: strongly reduced ureteric bud branching and downregulation of the Ret target genes Etv4 and Etv5. Shp2 mutant embryonic kidneys also displayed reduced cell proliferation at the branch tips and branching defects, ..
- Michos O, Cebrian C, Hyink D, Grieshammer U, Williams L, D AGATI V, et al. Kidney development in the absence of Gdnf and Spry1 requires Fgf10. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000809 pubmed publisher..contrast to Gdnf or Ret mutations, renal agenesis caused by concomitant lack of the transcription factors ETV4 and ETV5 is not rescued by removing Spry1, consistent with their role downstream of both RET and FGFRs...
- Eo J, Shin H, Kwon S, Song H, Murphy K, Lim J. Complex ovarian defects lead to infertility in Etv5-/- female mice. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011;17:568-76 pubmed publisherb>Etv5 is a member of the Etv4 subfamily of Ets transcription factors. In female mice, Etv5 was previously shown to be expressed in the mouse ovary...
- Klein O, Minowada G, Peterkova R, Kangas A, Yu B, Lesot H, et al. Sprouty genes control diastema tooth development via bidirectional antagonism of epithelial-mesenchymal FGF signaling. Dev Cell. 2006;11:181-90 pubmed
- Tang L, Wu X, Zhang H, Lu S, Wu M, Shen C, et al. A point mutation in Fgf9 impedes joint interzone formation leading to multiple synostoses syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1280-1293 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that the S99N mutation in Fgf9 causes SYNS3 via the disturbance of joint interzone formation. These results further implicate the crucial role of Fgf9 during embryonic joint development. ..
- Jedlicka P, Sui X, Gutierrez Hartmann A. The Ets dominant repressor En/Erm enhances intestinal epithelial tumorigenesis in ApcMin mice. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:197 pubmed publisher..mice expressing a previously characterized Ets dominant repressor transgene in the intestinal epithelium (Villin-En/Erm), we examined the consequences of blocking endogenous Ets-mediated transcriptional activation on tumorigenesis in ..
- Lee Y, Fryer J, Kang H, Crespo Barreto J, Bowman A, Gao Y, et al. ATXN1 protein family and CIC regulate extracellular matrix remodeling and lung alveolarization. Dev Cell. 2011;21:746-57 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a critical role of ATXN1/ATXN1L-CIC complexes in extracellular matrix (ECM) remodeling during development and their potential roles in pathogenesis of disorders affecting ECM remodeling...
- Sipe C, Liu L, Lee J, Grimsley Myers C, Lu X. Lis1 mediates planar polarity of auditory hair cells through regulation of microtubule organization. Development. 2013;140:1785-95 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that Lis1 mediates the planar polarity of hair cells through regulation of microtubule organization downstream of the tissue polarity pathway. ..
- Gutierrez Aguilar R, Thompson A, Marchand N, Dumont P, Woods S, De Launoit Y, et al. The obesity-associated transcription factor ETV5 modulates circulating glucocorticoids. Physiol Behav. 2015;150:38-42 pubmed publisherThe transcription factor E-twenty-six version 5 (ETV5) has been linked with obesity in genome-wide association studies...
- Bagheri Fam S, Ono M, Li L, Zhao L, Ryan J, Lai R, et al. FGFR2 mutation in 46,XY sex reversal with craniosynostosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6699-710 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study identifies the first FGFR2 mutation in a 46,XY GD patient. We conclude that, in certain rare genetic contexts, maintaining normal levels of FGFR2 signaling is important for human testis determination. ..
- Chotteau Lelievre A, Montesano R, Soriano J, Soulie P, Desbiens X, De Launoit Y. PEA3 transcription factors are expressed in tissues undergoing branching morphogenesis and promote formation of duct-like structures by mammary epithelial cells in vitro. Dev Biol. 2003;259:241-57 pubmed..b>Erm, Er81 and Pea3 are three highly related transcription factors belonging to the Ets family, within which they form ..
- Chotteau Lelievre A, Desbiens X, Pelczar H, Defossez P, de Launoit Y. Differential expression patterns of the PEA3 group transcription factors through murine embryonic development. Oncogene. 1997;15:937-52 pubmedb>ERM, ER81 and PEA3 are three highly related transcription factors belonging to the ETS family. Together they form the PEA3 group within this family...
- Moon A, Guris D, Seo J, Li L, Hammond J, Talbot A, et al. Crkl deficiency disrupts Fgf8 signaling in a mouse model of 22q11 deletion syndromes. Dev Cell. 2006;10:71-80 pubmed..These findings provide mechanistic insight into disrupted intercellular interactions in the pathogenesis of malformations seen in del22q11 syndrome. ..
- Seifert A, Yamaguchi T, Cohn M. Functional and phylogenetic analysis shows that Fgf8 is a marker of genital induction in mammals but is not required for external genital development. Development. 2009;136:2643-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that induction of external genitalia involves an epithelial-epithelial interaction at the cloacal membrane, and suggest that the cloacal ectoderm may be the source of the genital initiation signal...
- Herriges J, Verheyden J, Zhang Z, Sui P, Zhang Y, Anderson M, et al. FGF-Regulated ETV Transcription Factors Control FGF-SHH Feedback Loop in Lung Branching. Dev Cell. 2015;35:322-32 pubmed publisher..Here we show that loss of FGF-activated transcription factor genes, Etv4 and Etv5 (collectively Etv), led to prolonged branch tip growth and delayed new branch formation...
- Thein T, de Melo J, Zibetti C, Clark B, Juarez F, Blackshaw S. Control of lens development by Lhx2-regulated neuroretinal FGFs. Development. 2016;143:3994-4002 pubmed..These data demonstrate that neuroretinal expression of Lhx2 and neuroretina-derived FGF factors are crucial for lens fiber development in vivo. ..
- Koh B, Hufford M, Pham D, Olson M, Wu T, Jabeen R, et al. The ETS Family Transcription Factors Etv5 and PU.1 Function in Parallel To Promote Th9 Cell Development. J Immunol. 2016;197:2465-72 pubmed publisher..1 in Th9 development. In this report, we demonstrate that the ETS transcription factor ETS variant 5 (ETV5) promotes IL-9 production in Th9 cells by binding and recruiting histone acetyltransferases to the Il9 locus at ..
- Fukuchi Shimogori T, Grove E. Emx2 patterns the neocortex by regulating FGF positional signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:825-31 pubmed..These findings begin to clarify the signaling network that patterns the neocortical area map. ..
- Firlej V, Bocquet B, Desbiens X, De Launoit Y, Chotteau Lelievre A. Pea3 transcription factor cooperates with USF-1 in regulation of the murine bax transcription without binding to an Ets-binding site. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:887-98 pubmed..Both Pea3 and Erm, another member of the PEA3 group, are able to transactivate bax promoter fragments...
- Boualia S, Gaitan Y, Murawski I, Nadon R, Gupta I, Bouchard M. Vesicoureteral reflux and other urinary tract malformations in mice compound heterozygous for Pax2 and Emx2. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21529 pubmed publisher..As both genes are located on human chromosome 10q, which is lost in a proportion of VUR patients, these findings may help understand VUR and CAKUT in humans. ..
- Zimmer C, Lee J, Griveau A, Arber S, Pierani A, Garel S, et al. Role of Fgf8 signalling in the specification of rostral Cajal-Retzius cells. Development. 2010;137:293-302 pubmed publisher..Together, our results shed light on the mechanisms specifying rostral CR cells and further emphasise the crucial role of telencephalic signalling centres in the generation of distinct CR cell populations. ..
- Payne C, Gallagher S, Foreman O, Dannenberg J, Depinho R, Braun R. Sin3a is required by sertoli cells to establish a niche for undifferentiated spermatogonia, germ cell tumors, and spermatid elongation. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1424-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the epigenome of Sertoli cells influences the establishment of a niche for germline stem cells as well as for tumor initiating cells. ..
- Okazawa M, Murashima A, Harada M, Nakagata N, Noguchi M, Morimoto M, et al. Region-specific regulation of cell proliferation by FGF receptor signaling during the Wolffian duct development. Dev Biol. 2015;400:139-47 pubmed publisher..Cell proliferation and expression of the downstream target genes of RTK signaling (Etv4 and Etv5) were decreased in the caudal part of the WD epithelia in the mutant embryos...
- Yi L, Domyan E, Lewandoski M, Sun X. Fibroblast growth factor 9 signaling inhibits airway smooth muscle differentiation in mouse lung. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:123-37 pubmed publisher..This model also represents our findings on the genetic relationship between FGF9 and sonic hedgehog (SHH) in the establishment of airway SMC pattern. ..
- Thomason H, Dixon M, Dixon J. Facial clefting in Tp63 deficient mice results from altered Bmp4, Fgf8 and Shh signaling. Dev Biol. 2008;321:273-82 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with a role for Tp63 in the regulation of Bmp signaling controlling the growth, modelling and fusion events underlying facial development and shed new light on the complex abnormality of facial clefting. ..
- Lee J, Silva Gagliardi N, Tepass U, McGlade C, Anderson K. The FERM protein Epb4.1l5 is required for organization of the neural plate and for the epithelial-mesenchymal transition at the primitive streak of the mouse embryo. Development. 2007;134:2007-16 pubmed..We propose that mouse Lulu (Epb4.1l5) helps anchor the actin-myosin contractile machinery to the membrane to allow the dynamic rearrangements of epithelia that mediate embryonic morphogenesis. ..
- Song R, Preston G, Ichihara A, Yosypiv I. Deletion of the prorenin receptor from the ureteric bud causes renal hypodysplasia. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63835 pubmed publisher..These defects were associated with decreased expression of Ret, Wnt11, Etv4/Etv5, and reduced phosphorylation of Erk1/2 in the UB. On E18...
- Yu T, Meiners L, Danielsen K, Wong M, Bowler T, Reinberg D, et al. Deregulated FGF and homeotic gene expression underlies cerebellar vermis hypoplasia in CHARGE syndrome. elife. 2013;2:e01305 pubmed publisher..DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01305.001. ..
- Niu Z, Goodyear S, Rao S, Wu X, Tobias J, Avarbock M, et al. MicroRNA-21 regulates the self-renewal of mouse spermatogonial stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12740-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that in SSC-enriched germ cell cultures, miR-21 is regulated by the transcription factor ETV5, known to be critical for SSC self-renewal.
- Kathuria H, Cao Y, Ramirez M, Williams M. Transcription of the caveolin-1 gene is differentially regulated in lung type I epithelial and endothelial cell lines. A role for ETS proteins in epithelial cell expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30028-36 pubmed..epithelial cell line, but not a lung endothelial cell line, and that three ETS family members, ETS-1, PEA3, and ERM, recognize and bind the Ets site in the epithelial cell line...
- Gutierrez Aguilar R, Kim D, Casimir M, Dai X, Pfluger P, Park J, et al. The role of the transcription factor ETV5 in insulin exocytosis. Diabetologia. 2014;57:383-91 pubmed publisherGenome-wide association studies have revealed an association of the transcription factor ETS variant gene 5 (ETV5) with human obesity. However, its role in glucose homeostasis and energy balance is unknown...
- Hayashi T, Ray C, Bermingham McDonogh O. Fgf20 is required for sensory epithelial specification in the developing cochlea. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5991-9 pubmed publisher..are not explained by increases in cell death or changes in proliferation but lead to a rapid reduction in Pea3 and Erm and a loss of Math1 expression...
- Hayashi S, Akiyama R, Wong J, Tahara N, Kawakami H, Kawakami Y. Gata6-Dependent GLI3 Repressor Function is Essential in Anterior Limb Progenitor Cells for Proper Limb Development. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006138 pubmed publisher..Both the genetic and biochemical data elucidates a novel mechanism by Gata6 to regulate GLI3R activities in the anterior limb progenitor cells to prevent polydactyly and attain proper development of the mammalian autopod. ..
- Trokovic R, Jukkola T, Saarimäki J, Peltopuro P, Naserke T, Weisenhorn D, et al. Fgfr1-dependent boundary cells between developing mid- and hindbrain. Dev Biol. 2005;278:428-39 pubmed..The slowly proliferating boundary cells are necessary for development of the characteristic isthmic constriction. They may also contribute to compartmentalization of this brain region. ..
- Al Zahrani K, Sekhon P, Tessier D, Yockell Lelièvre J, Pryce B, Baron K, et al. Essential role for the SLK protein kinase in embryogenesis and placental tissue development. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:640-51 pubmed..5. Homozygotes expressing the SLK-LacZ fusion protein present with an embryonic lethal phenotype occurring between E12.5 and E14.5. Overall, we demonstrate a requirement for SLK kinase activity in the developing embryo and placenta. ..
- Birol O, Ohyama T, Edlund R, Drakou K, Georgiades P, Groves A. The mouse Foxi3 transcription factor is necessary for the development of posterior placodes. Dev Biol. 2016;409:139-151 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Foxi3 is necessary to prime pre-placodal ectoderm for the correct interpretation of inductive signals for the otic and epibranchial placodes. ..
- Qu X, Pan Y, Carbe C, Powers A, Grobe K, Zhang X. Glycosaminoglycan-dependent restriction of FGF diffusion is necessary for lacrimal gland development. Development. 2012;139:2730-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that mesenchymal GAG controls lacrimal gland induction by restricting the diffusion of Fgf10...
- Hippenmeyer S, Huber R, Ladle D, Murphy K, Arber S. ETS transcription factor Erm controls subsynaptic gene expression in skeletal muscles. Neuron. 2007;55:726-40 pubmed..In this study, we show that expression of the ETS transcription factor Erm is highly concentrated at subsynaptic nuclei, and its mutation in mice leads to severe downregulation of many genes ..
- Li S, Mattar P, Dixit R, Lawn S, Wilkinson G, Kinch C, et al. RAS/ERK signaling controls proneural genetic programs in cortical development and gliomagenesis. J Neurosci. 2014;34:2169-90 pubmed publisher..RAS/ERK signaling thus acts as a rheostat to influence neural cell fate selection in both normal cortical development and gliomagenesis, controlling Neurog2-Ascl1 expression and Ascl1 function. ..
- Jackson A, Kasah S, Mansour S, Morrow B, Basson M. Endoderm-specific deletion of Tbx1 reveals an FGF-independent role for Tbx1 in pharyngeal apparatus morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1143-51 pubmed publisher..Tbx1 deletion from the pharyngeal endoderm is sufficient to cause caudal pharyngeal arch segmentation defects by FGF-independent effectors that remain to be identified. ..
- Pan Y, Woodbury A, Esko J, Grobe K, Zhang X. Heparan sulfate biosynthetic gene Ndst1 is required for FGF signaling in early lens development. Development. 2006;133:4933-44 pubmed..Consistent with disruption of FGF signaling, expression of phospho-Erk and ERM were also downregulated in Ndst1-mutant lenses...
- Liu Y, Hogan B. Differential gene expression in the distal tip endoderm of the embryonic mouse lung. Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;2:229-33 pubmed..5 lung buds, versus more proximal regions. Twenty genes were identified, assigned to different categories based on sequence analysis, and their distal expression confirmed by whole-mount in situ hybridization. ..
- Harada M, Murakami H, Okawa A, Okimoto N, Hiraoka S, Nakahara T, et al. FGF9 monomer-dimer equilibrium regulates extracellular matrix affinity and tissue diffusion. Nat Genet. 2009;41:289-98 pubmed publisher..We propose a mechanism in which the range of FGF9 signaling in developing tissues is limited by its ability to homodimerize and its affinity for extracellular matrix heparan sulfate proteoglycans. ..
- Garcia C, Huang J, Madakashira B, Liu Y, Rajagopal R, Dattilo L, et al. The function of FGF signaling in the lens placode. Dev Biol. 2011;351:176-85 pubmed publisher..Since the expression of proteins required for lens formation was not altered in the knockout placode cells, we can conclude that FGF signaling from the optic vesicle is not required for lens induction. ..
- van Bueren K, Papangeli I, Rochais F, Pearce K, Roberts C, Calmont A, et al. Hes1 expression is reduced in Tbx1 null cells and is required for the development of structures affected in 22q11 deletion syndrome. Dev Biol. 2010;340:369-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Hes1 acts downstream of Tbx1 in the morphogenesis of pharyngeal-derived structures. ..
- Simón Carrasco L, Grana O, Salmón M, Jacob H, Gutierrez A, Jiménez G, et al. Inactivation of Capicua in adult mice causes T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1456-1468 pubmed publisher..These observations illustrate that CIC inactivation plays a key role in this human malignancy. ..
- Avetisyan M, Wang H, Schill E, Bery S, Grider J, Hassell J, et al. Hepatocyte Growth Factor and MET Support Mouse Enteric Nervous System Development, the Peristaltic Response, and Intestinal Epithelial Proliferation in Response to Injury. J Neurosci. 2015;35:11543-58 pubmed publisher..These observations may be relevant for understanding and treating intestinal motility disorders and also suggest that enhancing the activity of MET-expressing CGRP neurons might be a useful strategy to reduce bowel inflammation. ..
- Tu Z, Wang Q, Cui T, Wang J, Ran H, Bao H, et al. Uterine RAC1 via Pak1-ERM signaling directs normal luminal epithelial integrity conducive to on-time embryo implantation in mice. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:169-81 pubmed publisher..Further investigations identified Pak1-ERM as a downstream signaling cascade upon Rac1 activation in the luminal epithelium necessary for uterine receptivity...
- Wang S, Turner E. Expression of dopamine pathway genes in the midbrain is independent of known ETS transcription factor activity. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9224-7 pubmed publisher..are hypothesized to play a similar role in vertebrates, and based on its expression in the adult mouse midbrain, Etv5/ERM has been proposed as a regulator of DA gene expression in the substantia nigra (SN) and ventral tegmental area (..
- Ishikawa A, Kitajima S, Takahashi Y, Kokubo H, Kanno J, Inoue T, et al. Mouse Nkd1, a Wnt antagonist, exhibits oscillatory gene expression in the PSM under the control of Notch signaling. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1443-53 pubmed..Collectively, our data suggest that the reciprocal interaction of Notch and Wnt signals, and of their respective negative feedback loops, function to organize the segmentation clock required for somitogenesis. ..
- Shojaee S, Caeser R, Buchner M, Park E, Swaminathan S, Hurtz C, et al. Erk Negative Feedback Control Enables Pre-B Cell Transformation and Represents a Therapeutic Target in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:114-28 pubmed publisher..feedback regulation of Erk in genetic experiments at three different levels,Â we found that Spry2, Dusp6, and Etv5 were essential for oncogenic transformation in mouse modelsÂ for pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Nonomura K, Yamaguchi Y, Hamachi M, Koike M, Uchiyama Y, Nakazato K, et al. Local apoptosis modulates early mammalian brain development through the elimination of morphogen-producing cells. Dev Cell. 2013;27:621-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, apoptosis within a specific subdomain of the ANR is required for correct temporal elimination of an FGF8-producing region within a limited developmental time window, thereby ensuring proper forebrain development. ..