Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ETO 2
Description: core-binding factor, runt domain, alpha subunit 2, translocated to, 3 (human)
Alias: A630044F12Rik, AI465270, AW229127, Cbfa2t3h, ETO-2, Eto2, MTGR2, protein CBFA2T3, ETO/MTG8-related protein ETO-2, MTG8-related protein 2, eight twenty one protein 2, myeloid translocation gene-related protein 2
Products: ETO 2
- Hamlett I, Draper J, Strouboulis J, Iborra F, Porcher C, Vyas P. Characterization of megakaryocyte GATA1-interacting proteins: the corepressor ETO2 and GATA1 interact to regulate terminal megakaryocyte maturation. Blood. 2008;112:2738-49 pubmed publisher..the pentameric complex containing SCL/TAL-1, the zinc-finger regulators GFI1B and ZFP143, and the corepressor ETO2. Knockdown of ETO2 expression promotes megakaryocyte differentiation and enhances expression of select genes ..
- ENGEL M, Nguyen H, Mariotti J, HUNT A, Hiebert S. Myeloid translocation gene 16 (MTG16) interacts with Notch transcription complex components to integrate Notch signaling in hematopoietic cell fate specification. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1852-63 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MTG16 interfaces with critical components of the Notch transcription complex to affect Notch-dependent lineage allocation in hematopoiesis. ..
- Hu Z, Gu X, Baraoidan K, Ibanez V, Sharma A, Kadkol S, et al. RUNX1 regulates corepressor interactions of PU.1. Blood. 2011;117:6498-508 pubmed publisher..by decreased histone acetylation at the Mcsfr and Gmcsfr promoters, and increased endogenous corepressor (Eto2, Sin3A, and Hdac2) coimmunoprecipitation with Pu.1...
- Meier N, Krpic S, Rodriguez P, Strouboulis J, Monti M, Krijgsveld J, et al. Novel binding partners of Ldb1 are required for haematopoietic development. Development. 2006;133:4913-23 pubmed
- Goardon N, Lambert J, Rodriguez P, Nissaire P, Herblot S, Thibault P, et al. ETO2 coordinates cellular proliferation and differentiation during erythropoiesis. EMBO J. 2006;25:357-66 pubmed..In addition to known TAL-1 partners, GATA-1, E2A, HEB, LMO2 and Ldb1, we identify the ETO2 repressor as a novel component recruited to TAL-1 complexes through interaction with E2A/HEB...
- Ghosh H, Ceribelli M, Matos I, Lazarovici A, Bussemaker H, Lasorella A, et al. ETO family protein Mtg16 regulates the balance of dendritic cell subsets by repressing Id2. J Exp Med. 2014;211:1623-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mtg16 promotes pDC differentiation and restricts cDC development in part by repressing Id2, revealing a cell-intrinsic mechanism that controls subset balance during DC development. ..
- Moore A, Amann J, Williams C, Tahinci E, Farmer T, Martinez J, et al. Myeloid translocation gene family members associate with T-cell factors (TCFs) and influence TCF-dependent transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:977-87 pubmed..Moreover, we found that c-Myc, a transcriptional target of the Wnt pathway, was overexpressed in the small intestines of mice lacking Mtgr1, thus linking inactivation of Mtgr1 to the activation of a potent oncogene. ..
- Alishahi A, Koyano Nakagawa N, Nakagawa Y. Regional expression of MTG genes in the developing mouse central nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2095-102 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the possibility that expression of MTG genes is differentially controlled by specific proneural genes during neurogenesis. ..
- Calabi F, Cilli V. CBFA2T1, a gene rearranged in human leukemia, is a member of a multigene family. Genomics. 1998;52:332-41 pubmed..We characterize two human MTG8-related genes, MTGR1 and MTGR2 (HGMW-approved symbols CBFA2T2 and CBFA2T3)...
- Ibanez V, Sharma A, Buonamici S, Verma A, Kalakonda S, Wang J, et al. AML1-ETO decreases ETO-2 (MTG16) interactions with nuclear receptor corepressor, an effect that impairs granulocyte differentiation. Cancer Res. 2004;64:4547-54 pubmed..In conclusion, decreasing interactions between ETO-2 and N-CoR, an effect of AML1-ETO, inhibits granulocyte differentiation. ..