Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Es3
Description: esterase 3
Alias: Ee-2, Es-3, esterase 3
- Simek S, Kozak C, Winterstein D, Hegamyer G, Colburn N. Sequence and localization of a novel FK506-binding protein to mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1993;18:407-9 pubmed..We have localized the FKBPRP gene to mouse Chromosome 11, and crosses of different murine strains provided the gene order centromere--FKBPRP-Int-4-Pkca-Es-3. ..
- Davisson M, Johnson K, Bronson R, Ward Bailey P, Cook S, Harris B, et al. Grey intense: a new mouse mutation affecting pigmentation. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:1139-41 pubmed
- Acton R, Blankenhorn E, Douglas T, Owen R, Hilgers J, Hoffman H, et al. Variations among sublines of inbred AKR mice. Nat New Biol. 1973;245:8-10 pubmed
- Uiterdijk H, Ponder B, Festing M, Hilgers J, Skow L, Van Nie R. The gene controlling the binding sites of Dolichos biflorus agglutinin, Dlb-1, is on chromosome 11 of the mouse. Genet Res. 1986;47:125-9 pubmed
- Otto J, von Deimling O. Esterase-17 (ES-17): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 9 of a bis-p-nitrophenyl phosphate-resistant esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1983;21:37-48 pubmed..1.1.6). ES-17 was shown to be controlled by the structural locus Es-17, located on chromosome 9. From test-cross data, a gene order of Es-17-8.7 +/- 2.5 map units-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 2.7 map units-Mod-1 was established. ..
- Lemaire L, Johnson K, Bammer S, Petry P, Ruddle F, Heinlein U. Chromosomal assignment of three novel mouse genes expressed in testicular cells. Genomics. 1994;21:409-14 pubmed
- Buchberg A, Bedigian H, Taylor B, Brownell E, Ihle J, Nagata S, et al. Localization of Evi-2 to chromosome 11: linkage to other proto-oncogene and growth factor loci using interspecific backcross mice. Oncogene Res. 1988;2:149-65 pubmed..This study revealed a number of interesting conserved linkage groups common to mouse and man. ..
- Lonai P, Arman E, Czosnek H, Ruddle F, Blatt C. New murine homeoboxes: structure, chromosomal assignment, and differential expression in adult erythropoiesis. DNA. 1987;6:409-18 pubmed..All four homeoboxes are expressed in the mouse embryo. Of special interest is the expression of mh19, a 4.2-kb transcript of which appears to be connected to the induced differentiation of Friend erythroleukemia cells. ..
- Martiniuk F, Hirschhorn R, D EUSTACHIO P. Linkage of acid alpha-glucosidase (Gaa) and thymidine kinase (Tk-1) to esterase-3 (Es-3) on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1991;1:267-9 pubmed..This result extends the region of homology between mouse Chr 11 and human chr 17q. ..
- Michalides R, Verstraeten R, Shen F, Hilgers J. Characterization and chromosomal distribution of endogenous mouse mammary tumor viruses of European mouse strains STS/A and GR/A. Virology. 1985;142:278-90 pubmed..R. Callahan, D. Gallahan, and Ch. Kozak (1984), J. Virol. 49, 1005-1008). GR and GR.Mtv-2 furthermore contain two incomplete MMTV proviral elements, one of which is also present in STS/A. ..
- Peters J, Nash H. Esterases of Mus musculus: substrate and inhibition characteristics, new isozymes, and homologies with man. Biochem Genet. 1978;16:553-69 pubmed..From substrate, inhibition, and molecular weight studies, three homologies between human and mouse esterases are suggested. A new allele at Es-6 is also described. ..
- Boyer S, Montagutelli X, Gomes D, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Dupouey P. Recent evolutionary origin of the expression of the glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in lens epithelial cells. A molecular and genetic analysis of various mouse species. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1991;10:159-66 pubmed..GFAP(+) character is transmitted in a dominant fashion and seems to be linked to the Mus musculus Gfap gene. In this study we have also confirmed the localization of the mouse Gfap gene on chromosome 11. ..
- Popp R. Inheritance of an erythrocyte and kidney esterase in the mouse. J Hered. 1966;57:197-201 pubmed
- Hart C, Dalton D, Nichols L, Hunihan L, Roderick T, Langley S, et al. The Hox-2 homeo box gene complex on mouse chromosome 11 is closely linked to Re. Genetics. 1988;118:319-27 pubmed..The results place the Hoax-2 locus approximately 1 cM from the rex (Re) locus on mouse chromosome 11. ..
- Robert B, Barton P, Minty A, Daubas P, Weydert A, Bonhomme F, et al. Investigation of genetic linkage between myosin and actin genes using an interspecific mouse back-cross. Nature. 1985;314:181-3 pubmed..No linkage between these genes was observed. ..
- Bermingham J, Arden K, Naumova A, Sapienza C, Viars C, Fu X, et al. Chromosomal localization of mouse and human genes encoding the splicing factors ASF/SF2 (SFRS1) and SC-35 (SFRS2). Genomics. 1995;29:70-9 pubmed..Mapping of Sfrs1 using F1 hybrid backcross mice between the strains C57BL/6 and DDK places Sfrs1 very near the marker D11Mit38 and indicates that the ASF/SF2 gene is closely linked to the Ovum mutant locus. ..
- Kozak C, Rowe W. Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strains. J Exp Med. 1982;155:524-34 pubmed..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity. ..
- Roberts M, Mock B, Blackwell J. Mapping of genes controlling Leishmania major infection in CXS recombinant inbred mice. Eur J Immunogenet. 1993;20:349-62 pubmed
- Watanabe T, Masaki S, Takahashi N, Nishimura M, Kato H. Restriction fragment length polymorphism and chromosome mapping of a mouse homeo box gene, Hox-2.1. Biochem Genet. 1988;26:805-13 pubmed..Three-point cross test data showed that the recombination frequency is 29.6% between the Hba and the Hox-2.1 genes and 23.5% between the Hox-2.1 and the Es-3 genes. The gene order of Hba-Hox-2.1-Es-3 has been confirmed. ..
- Womack J. Esterase-6 (Es-6) in laboratory mice: hormone-influenced expression and linkage relationship to oligosyndactylism (Os), esterase-1 (Es-1), and esterase-2 (Es-2) in chromosome 8. Biochem Genet. 1975;13:311-22 pubmed..A four-point test cross established the gene order Os-Es-1-Es-6-Es-2 within a 10-cM segment on chromosome 8. ..
- Krog H, Wysocka M, Kisielow P, Radzikowski C. Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer research. Hereditas. 1977;87:201-4 pubmed
- Frater Schröder M, Prochazka M, Haller O, Arwert F, Porck H, Skow L, et al. Localization of the gene for the vitamin B12 binding protein, transcobalamin II, near the centromere on mouse chromosome 11, linked with the hemoglobin alpha-chain locus. Biochem Genet. 1985;23:139-53 pubmed..9 and 19.2% each. The linkage group Tcn-2/wa-2/Hba was established. ..
- Michael S, Hilgers J, Kozak C, Whitney J, Howard E. Characterization and mapping of DNA sequence homologous to mouse U1a1 snRNA: localization on chromosome 11 near the Dlb-1 and Re loci. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1986;12:215-23 pubmed..The results of these experiments prove that the U1a1 gene is located on chromosome 11 near the Delb-1 and Re loci. ..
- Li S, Wang D, Yu X, Ge B, Wang C, Lu Y, et al. Uncv (uncovered): a new mutation causing hairloss on mouse chromosome 11. Genet Res. 1999;73:233-8 pubmed..By using 11 biochemical loci--Idh, Car2, Mup1, Pgm1, Hbb, Es1, Es10, Gdc, Ce2, Mod1 and Es3--as genetic markers, two-point linkage tests were made. The results showed the gene was assigned to chromosome 11...
- Nusse R, de Moes J, Hilkens J, Van Nie R. Localization of a gene for expression of mouse mammary tumor virus antigens in the GR/Mtv-2- mouse strain. J Exp Med. 1980;152:712-9 pubmed
- Taylor B, Rowe L, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Chromosomal assignment of two endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus proviruses of the AKR/J mouse strain. J Virol. 1985;56:172-5 pubmed..Akv-3 is the second ecotropic murine leukemia virus provirus to be mapped near the agouti locus. The results are discussed in relation to possible nonrandomness of viral integration...
- Ramagli L, Womack J, Rodriguez L. Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresis. Biochem Genet. 1990;28:123-36 pubmed..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors. ..
- Watanabe A, Takeuchi M, Nagata M, Nakamura K, Nakao H, Yamashita H, et al. Role of the Nh (Non-hair) mutation in the development of dermatitis and hyperproduction of IgE in DS-Nh mice. Exp Anim. 2003;52:419-23 pubmed..These results suggest that IgE hyperproduction is regulated by the Nh mutation, while other genetic factor(s) are also involved in the development of dermatitis. ..
- Peters J, Nash H. Polymorphism of esterase 11 in Mus musculus, a further esterase locus on chromosome 8. Biochem Genet. 1977;15:217-26 pubmed..In F1 hybrids (IS/Cam X C57BL/Gr), the phenotype shown corresponds to a mixture of the two parental phenotypes. In backcrosses, ES-11 segregates as an autosomal gene, designated Es-11, closely linked to Es-2 and Es-5 on chromosome 8. ..
- Baldacci P, Richoux V, Renard J, Guenet J, Babinet C. The locus Om, responsible for the DDK syndrome, maps close to Sigje on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1992;2:100-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that a single locus, Om, is responsible for the DDK syndrome and is located on Chromosome (Chr) 11, very close to the Sigje locus. ..
- Bernier L, Colman D, D EUSTACHIO P. Chromosomal locations of genes encoding 2',3' cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase and glial fibrillary acidic protein in the mouse. J Neurosci Res. 1988;20:497-504 pubmed..We have localized the GFAP gene to distal chromosome 11 in the mouse. There are two genetic loci identified by CNP probes, one is closely linked to the GFAP gene, and the other maps to chromosome 3. ..
- Petry P, Johnson K, Lemaire L, Heinlein U. Assignment to chromosome 11 of mouse p68 RNA helicase gene (Hlr1) and pseudogene (Hlr1-ps1). FEBS Lett. 1995;363:25-8 pubmed..Sequence analysis and PCR results suggest that Hlr1-ps1 is a pseudogene, flanked by DNA stretches similar to mouse insertion element IE118. ..
- Mishkin J, Taylor B, Mellman W. Glk: a locus controlling galactokinase activity in the mouse. Biochem Genet. 1976;14:635-40 pubmed..5 cM. Es-3 has been located on the distal end of chromosome 11. Glk, with its alleles Glka (lower activity) and Glkb (higher activity), is therefore assigned to the same region. ..
- Ruddle F, Roderick T. The genetic control of two types of esterases in inbred strains of the mouse. Genetics. 1966;54:191-202 pubmed
- Peters J, Ball S. Biochemical and recessive visible specific locus responses of C3H/HeH to fractionated, acute radiation. Mutat Res. 2003;543:137-43 pubmed..The number of loci scored in the electrophoretic test has been reassessed, and it is now considered that six, not four were scored, and this has implications for the calculation of the doubling dose. ..
- Roderick T, Ruddle F, Chapman V, Shows T. Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1971;5:457-66 pubmed
- Roderick T, Hutton J, Ruddle F. Linkage of esterase-3 and rex on linkage group VII of the mouse. J Hered. 1970;61:278-9 pubmed
- Kozak C, Buckler C, Srivastava M. Genetic mapping of the gene encoding cytochrome b561 to mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:559 pubmed
- Mock B, Krall M, Byrd L, Chin H, Barton C, Charles I, et al. The inducible form of nitric oxide synthase (NOS2) isolated from murine macrophages maps near the nude mutation on mouse chromosome 11. Eur J Immunogenet. 1994;21:231-8 pubmed..This map location is discussed relative to map locations for disease susceptibility loci involved in mediating cutaneous leishmaniasis (ScII) and autoimmune type-I diabetes (Idd4). ..
- Pelzer C. Genetic control of erythrocytic esterase forms in Mus musculus. Genetics. 1965;52:819-28 pubmed
- Kozak C, Danciger M, Bowes C, Adamson M, Palczewski K, Polans A, et al. Localization of three genes expressed in retina on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:142-4 pubmed
- Mock B, Blackwell J, Hilgers J, Potter M, Nacy C. Genetic control of Leishmania major infection in congenic, recombinant inbred and F2 populations of mice. Eur J Immunogenet. 1993;20:335-48 pubmed..major NIH 173 by F2 and congenic strain analyses. Strain distribution patterns generated for Scl-1 in the CXB and CXS recombinant inbred strains suggested linkage to the distal end of mouse Chromosome 11. ..