Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ero1l
Description: ERO1-like (S. cerevisiae)
Alias: ERO1-L, Ero1a, ERO1-like protein alpha, ERO1-L-alpha, endoplasmic oxidoreductin-1-like protein, endoplasmic reticulum oxidation 1, endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductase alpha, endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductin-1-like protein, oxidoreductin-1-L-alpha
- Blais J, Chin K, Zito E, Zhang Y, Heldman N, Harding H, et al. A small molecule inhibitor of endoplasmic reticulum oxidation 1 (ERO1) with selectively reversible thiol reactivity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20993-1003 pubmed publisherb>Endoplasmic reticulum oxidation 1 (ERO1) is a conserved eukaryotic flavin adenine nucleotide-containing enzyme that promotes disulfide bond formation by accepting electrons from reduced protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) and passing them ..
- Zito E, Melo E, Yang Y, Wahlander Ã, Neubert T, Ron D. Oxidative protein folding by an endoplasmic reticulum-localized peroxiredoxin. Mol Cell. 2010;40:787-97 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate ER-localized PRDX4 in a previously unanticipated, parallel, ERO1-independent pathway that couples hydroperoxide production to oxidative protein folding in mammalian cells. ..
- Grigaravicius P, Kaminska E, HÃ¼bner C, McKinnon P, von Deimling A, Frappart P. Rint1 inactivation triggers genomic instability, ER stress and autophagy inhibition in the brain. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:454-68 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings highlight the crucial roles of Rint1 in vivo in genomic stability maintenance, as well as in prevention of ER stress and autophagy. ..
- Wang Z, Schraw T, Kim J, Khan T, Rajala M, Follenzi A, et al. Secretion of the adipocyte-specific secretory protein adiponectin critically depends on thiol-mediated protein retention. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3716-31 pubmed..One mechanism for increasing circulating levels of specific adiponectin complexes by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists may be selective upregulation of rate-limiting chaperones. ..
- Marino M, Stoilova T, Giorgi C, Bachi A, Cattaneo A, Auricchio A, et al. SEPN1, an endoplasmic reticulum-localized selenoprotein linked to skeletal muscle pathology, counteracts hyperoxidation by means of redox-regulating SERCA2 pump activity. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:1843-55 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal the involvement of SEPN1 in ER redox and calcium homeostasis and that an ERO1 inhibitor, restoring redox-dependent calcium homeostasis, may ameliorate the myopathy of SEPN1 deficiency. ..
- Chen D, Jin K, Kawaguchi K, Nakayama M, Zhou X, Xiong Z, et al. Ero1-L, an ischemia-inducible gene from rat brain with homology to global ischemia-induced gene 11 (Giig11), is localized to neuronal dendrites by a dispersed identifier (ID) element-dependent mechanism. J Neurochem. 2003;85:670-9 pubmed..Therefore, Ero-1L/Giig11 may have a role in ischemia-induced neuronal repair or survival mechanisms directed at counteracting abnormalities in protein folding, maturation and distribution. ..
- Avezov E, Cross B, Kaminski Schierle G, Winters M, Harding H, Melo E, et al. Lifetime imaging of a fluorescent protein sensor reveals surprising stability of ER thiol redox. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:337-49 pubmed publisher..These findings recommend fluorescent lifetime imaging as a sensitive method to track ER redox homeostasis in mammalian cells. ..
- Rao J, Zhang C, Wang P, Lu L, Qian X, Qin J, et al. C/EBP homologous protein (CHOP) contributes to hepatocyte death via the promotion of ERO1Î± signalling in acute liver failure. Biochem J. 2015;466:369-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, targeting CHOP/ERO1Î± signalling could be a novel therapeutic approach during ALF. ..
- Tanaka T, Kajiwara T, Torigoe T, Okamoto Y, Sato N, Tamura Y. Cancer-associated oxidoreductase ERO1-Î± drives the production of tumor-promoting myeloid-derived suppressor cells via oxidative protein folding. J Immunol. 2015;194:2004-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that overexpression of ERO1-Î± in the tumor inhibits the T cell response by recruiting polymorphonuclear MDSCs via regulation of MDSC-prone cytokines and chemokines. ..
- Gess B, Hofbauer K, Wenger R, Lohaus C, Meyer H, Kurtz A. The cellular oxygen tension regulates expression of the endoplasmic oxidoreductase ERO1-Lalpha. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2228-35 pubmed