Genomes and Genes
epididymal retinoic acid binding protein
Gene Symbol: epididymal retinoic acid binding protein
Description: lipocalin 5
Alias: E-RABP, Erabp, MEP10, epididymal-specific lipocalin-5, epididymal retinoic acid binding protein, epididymal secretory protein 10, lcn5
Products: epididymal retinoic acid binding protein
- Rankin T, Tsuruta K, Holland M, Griswold M, Orgebin Crist M. Isolation, immunolocalization, and sperm-association of three proteins of 18, 25, and 29 kilodaltons secreted by the mouse epididymis. Biol Reprod. 1992;46:747-66 pubmed..The related rat protein migrated at approximately 20 kDa. Amino acid sequence analysis of MEP 10 revealed an 86% sequence similarity with rat proteins B and C.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Zhang Y, Zhao Y, Huang J. Retinoid-binding proteins: similar protein architectures bind similar ligands via completely different ways. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36772 pubmed publisher..Plasma retinol-binding protein (RBP) and epididymal retinoic acid binding protein (ERABP) carry retinoids in bodily fluids, while cellular retinol-binding proteins (CRBPs) and ..
- Lareyre J, Mattei M, Kasper S, Ong D, Matusik R, Orgebin Crist M. Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the murine epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein (mE-RABP) gene. Mol Reprod Dev. 1998;50:387-95 pubmed..Our data, combined with that of others, suggest that the proximal segment of the mouse chromosome 2 may be a rich region for genes encoding lipocalins with a genomic organization highly related to the mE-RABP gene. ..
- Rankin T, Ong D, Orgebin Crist M. The 18-kDa mouse epididymal protein (MEP 10) binds retinoic acid. Biol Reprod. 1992;46:767-71 pubmed..Similar ligand specificity has also been described for the rat proteins B and C by Ong and Chytil [Arch Biochem Biophys' 1988; 267:474-478].(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Suzuki K, Yu X, Chaurand P, Araki Y, Lareyre J, Caprioli R, et al. Epididymis-specific lipocalin promoters. Asian J Androl. 2007;9:515-21 pubmed..These are differently regulated and regionalized in the epididymis. Lipocalin 5 (Lcn5 or mE-RABP) and Lipocalin 8 (Lcn8 or mEP17) are homologous genes belonging to the epididymis-specific lipocalin ..
- Suzuki K, Yu X, Chaurand P, Araki Y, Lareyre J, Caprioli R, et al. Epididymis-specific promoter-driven gene targeting: a transcription factor which regulates epididymis-specific gene expression. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;250:184-9 pubmed..Lipocalin 5 [Lcn5 or epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein (E-RABP)] is a member of this epididymis-specific lipocalin gene ..
- Ong D, Newcomer M, Lareyre J, Orgebin Crist M. Epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1482:209-17 pubmed
- Salier J. Chromosomal location, exon/intron organization and evolution of lipocalin genes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1482:25-34 pubmed
- Li H, Tago K, Io K, Kuroiwa K, Arai T, Iwahana H, et al. The cloning and nucleotide sequence of human ST2L cDNA. Genomics. 2000;67:284-90 pubmed..We also established stable transfectants of a human glioblastoma cell line, T98G, that express human ST2L constitutively, and we confirmed cell-surface expression of human ST2L protein on the transfectants. ..
- Lareyre J, Thomas T, Zheng W, Kasper S, Ong D, Orgebin Crist M, et al. A 5-kilobase pair promoter fragment of the murine epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein gene drives the tissue-specific, cell-specific, and androgen-regulated expression of a foreign gene in the epididymis of transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8282-90 pubmed..Altogether, our results demonstrate that the 5-kb promoter fragment of the mE-RABP gene contains all of the information required for the hormonal regulation and the spatial and temporal expression of the mE-RABP gene in the epididymis. ..
- Lareyre J, Zheng W, Zhao G, Kasper S, Newcomer M, Matusik R, et al. Molecular cloning and hormonal regulation of a murine epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein messenger ribonucleic acid. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2971-81 pubmed..secretory protein MEP 10 (mouse epididymal protein 10) was cloned and is now renamed murine epididymal retinoic acid binding protein (mE-RABP)...
- Pattanayek R, Newcomer M. Protein and ligand adaptation in a retinoic acid binding protein. Protein Sci. 1999;8:2027-32 pubmedA retinoic acid binding protein isolated from the lumen of the rat epididymis (ERABP) is a member of the lipocalin superfamily...
- Lareyre J, Reid K, Nelson C, Kasper S, Rennie P, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Characterization of an androgen-specific response region within the 5' flanking region of the murine epididymal retinoic acid binding protein gene. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:1881-92 pubmed..In conclusion, the mE-RABP ARR is a good model for the study of molecular mechanisms that lead to an androgen-specific responsiveness in vivo. ..
- Lareyre J, Winfrey V, Kasper S, Ong D, Matusik R, Olson G, et al. Gene duplication gives rise to a new 17-kilodalton lipocalin that shows epididymal region-specific expression and testicular factor(s) regulation. Endocrinology. 2001;142:1296-308 pubmed..Together our results suggest that mE-RABP and mEP17 genes were generated by duplication and that evolution led to a different region-specific gene expression and regulation in the epididymis. ..
- Sundaram M, van Aalten D, Findlay J, Sivaprasadarao A. The transfer of transthyretin and receptor-binding properties from the plasma retinol-binding protein to the epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein. Biochem J. 2002;362:265-71 pubmed..retinol-binding protein (RBP) and its close structural homologue the epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein (ERABP)...
- Chaurand P, Fouchécourt S, DaGue B, Xu B, Reyzer M, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Profiling and imaging proteins in the mouse epididymis by imaging mass spectrometry. Proteomics. 2003;3:2221-39 pubmed..Furthermore, from the signal intensities observed in the different protein profiles organized in space, semiquantitative information for each protein was obtained. ..
- Suzuki K, Lareyre J, Sanchez D, Gutierrez G, Araki Y, Matusik R, et al. Molecular evolution of epididymal lipocalin genes localized on mouse chromosome 2. Gene. 2004;339:49-59 pubmedWe previously identified two murine secretory proteins, mE-RABP(Lcn5) and mEP17(Lcn8), belonging to the lipocalin family and specifically expressed in the epididymis. The genes are contiguous and localized on mouse chromosome 2...
- Yu X, Gupta A, Wang Y, Suzuki K, Mirosevich J, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Foxa1 and Foxa2 interact with the androgen receptor to regulate prostate and epididymal genes differentially. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1061:77-93 pubmed..Further, Foxa2 interacts with the AR to regulate the mouse epididymal retinoic acid binding protein (mE-RABP) gene, an epididymis-specific gene...
- Yu X, Suzuki K, Wang Y, Gupta A, Jin R, Orgebin Crist M, et al. The role of forkhead box A2 to restrict androgen-regulated gene expression of lipocalin 5 in the mouse epididymis. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2418-31 pubmedMurine epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein [or lipocalin 5 (Lcn5)] is synthesized and secreted by the principal cells of the mouse middle/distal caput epididymidis...
- Vreeburg J, Holland M, Cornwall G, Orgebin Crist M. Secretion and transport of mouse epididymal proteins after injection of 35S-methionine. Biol Reprod. 1990;43:113-20 pubmed..Five days after injection, the three proteins were found in Regions 4 and 5. However, the 25-kDa protein was present in reduced amount, whereas the 18- and 29-kDa proteins accumulated in caudal fluid.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..