Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eno3
Description: enolase 3, beta muscle
Alias: Eno-3, MSE, beta-enolase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase, muscle-specific enolase, skeletal muscle enolase
- Lamande N, Brosset S, Lucas M, Keller A, Rouzeau J, Johnson T, et al. Transcriptional up-regulation of the mouse gene for the muscle-specific subunit of enolase during terminal differentiation of myogenic cells. Mol Reprod Dev. 1995;41:306-13 pubmed
- Barbieri G, De Angelis L, Feo S, Cossu G, Giallongo A. Differential expression of muscle-specific enolase in embryonic and fetal myogenic cells during mouse development. Differentiation. 1990;45:179-84 pubmed..These results were confirmed by S1 nuclease protection experiments. Our data show that the appearance of beta enolase transcripts temporally correlates with the formation of the second generation of muscle fibers and suggest that ..
- Merkulova T, Lucas M, Jabet C, Lamande N, Rouzeau J, Gros F, et al. Biochemical characterization of the mouse muscle-specific enolase: developmental changes in electrophoretic variants and selective binding to other proteins. Biochem J. 1997;323 ( Pt 3):791-800 pubmed..Such a specific targeting could be modulated by post-translational modifications. ..
- Klingenspor M, Bodnar J, Xia Y, Welch C, Lusis A, Reue K. Localization of profilin-1 (Pfn1) and a related sequence (Pfn1-rs) to mouse chromosomes 11 and 15 respectively. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:539-40 pubmed
- Chen Y, Daosukho C, Opii W, Turner D, Pierce W, Klein J, et al. Redox proteomic identification of oxidized cardiac proteins in adriamycin-treated mice. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006;41:1470-7 pubmed..The observation that these cardiac enzymes involved in energy production are more oxidized resulting from ADR treatment indicates that the bioenergetic pathway is an important target in ADR-initiated oxidative stress. ..
- Messina G, Biressi S, Monteverde S, Magli A, Cassano M, Perani L, et al. Nfix regulates fetal-specific transcription in developing skeletal muscle. Cell. 2010;140:554-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Nfix acts as a transcriptional switch from embryonic to fetal myogenesis. ..
- Cortez Toledo O, Schnair C, Sangngern P, Metzger D, Chao L. Nur77 deletion impairs muscle growth during developmental myogenesis and muscle regeneration in mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171268 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the findings presented here demonstrate Nur77 as an important regulator of muscle growth both during prenatal and postnatal myogenesis. ..
- Klingenspor M, Bodnar J, Welch C, Xia Y, Lusis A, Reue K. Localization of ubiquitin gene family members to mouse chromosomes 5, 11, and 18. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:789-90 pubmed
- Lucas M, Goblet C, Keller A, Lamande N, Gros F, Whalen R, et al. Modulation of embryonic and muscle-specific enolase gene products in the developing mouse hindlimb. Differentiation. 1992;51:1-7 pubmed..The quantitative modulations of the levels of the transcripts and subunits of alpha and beta enolase genes were determined...
- Keller A, Demeurie J, Merkulova T, Geraud G, Cywiner Golenzer C, Lucas M, et al. Fibre-type distribution and subcellular localisation of alpha and beta enolase in mouse striated muscle. Biol Cell. 2000;92:527-35 pubmed..This gradient parallels the ATPase activity associated to MHC isoforms, indicating that the expression of beta enolase in myofibres is finely regulated as a function of energetic requirements...
- Oliva D, Venturella S, Passantino R, Feo S, Giallongo A. Conserved alternative splicing in the 5'-untranslated region of the muscle-specific enolase gene. Primary structure of mRNAs, expression and influence of secondary structure on the translation efficiency. Eur J Biochem. 1995;232:141-9 pubmed..A putative functional role for the 5'-untranslated sequences of beta-enolase transcripts is discussed. ..
- Keller A, Peltzer J, Carpentier G, Horvath I, Olah J, Duchesnay A, et al. Interactions of enolase isoforms with tubulin and microtubules during myogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1770:919-26 pubmed..During differentiation, the level of beta subunit increased significantly; the alpha and beta enolase immunoreactivities were detected both in cytosol and along the microtubules...
- Lamande N, Mazo A, Lucas M, Montarras D, Pinset C, Gros F, et al. Murine muscle-specific enolase: cDNA cloning, sequence, and developmental expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:4445-9 pubmed..The short 3' untranslated region of beta enolase mRNA accounts for its distinct length, 1600 bases...