Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eno1
Description: enolase 1, alpha non-neuron
Alias: 0610008I15, AL022784, Eno-1, MBP-1, alpha-enolase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydrolase, NNE, c-Myc promoter binding protein, non-neural enolase
- Lalley P, Francke U, Minna J. Homologous genes for enolase, phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, phosphoglucomutase, and adenylate kinase are syntenic on mouse chromosome 4 and human chromosome 1p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1978;75:2382-6 pubmed..Identification of such conserved regions will contribute to our understanding of the evolution of the mammalian genome and could suggest gene location by homology mapping. ..
- Couldrey C, Carlton M, Ferrier J, Colledge W, Evans M. Disruption of murine alpha-enolase by a retroviral gene trap results in early embryonic lethality. Dev Dyn. 1998;212:284-92 pubmed..Mutations of this gene in humans are reported to be associated with rare autosomal-dominant, non-spherocytic haemolytic anaemia. This phenotype is not reproduced in mice heterozygous for this mutation. ..
- Wang J, Gu Y, Wang L, Hang X, Gao Y, Wang H, et al. HUPO BPP pilot study: a proteomics analysis of the mouse brain of different developmental stages. Proteomics. 2007;7:4008-15 pubmed..These data are helpful for understanding the proteome changes in the development of the mouse brain. ..
- Stallings R, Siciliano M. Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7. Somatic Cell Genet. 1981;7:683-98 pubmed..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups. ..
- de Boussac H, Maqdasy S, Trousson A, Zelcer N, Volle D, Lobaccaro J, et al. Enolase is regulated by Liver X Receptors. Steroids. 2015;99:266-71 pubmed publisher..This effect is lost in LxrÎ±Î²-/- mice. In aggregate, our study identified Enolase as a new target of LXRs in vivo, which may promote cholesterol mobilization for subsequent efflux. ..
- Ryans K, Omosun Y, McKeithen D, Simoneaux T, Mills C, Bowen N, et al. The immunoregulatory role of alpha enolase in dendritic cell function during Chlamydia infection. BMC Immunol. 2017;18:27 pubmed publisher..The results showed that alpha enolase (ENO1), a metabolic enzyme involved in the last step of glycolysis was significantly upregulated in Chlamydia-..
- Threadgill D, Threadgill D, Moll Y, Weiss J, Zhang N, Davey H, et al. Syntenic assignment of human chromosome 1 homologous loci in the bovine. Genomics. 1994;22:626-30 pubmed..AT3, REN, CR2, and GNB1 mapped to BTA 16, PFKM to BTA 5, AMY1A and NRAS to BTA 3, FGR and FUCA1 to BTA 2, and ACTA1 to BTA 28. ..
- Roberts M, Ruddle F. The Chinese hamster gene map. Assignment of four genes (DTS, PGM2, 6PGD, EnoI) to chromosome 2. Exp Cell Res. 1980;127:47-54 pubmed
- Keller A, Demeurie J, Merkulova T, Geraud G, Cywiner Golenzer C, Lucas M, et al. Fibre-type distribution and subcellular localisation of alpha and beta enolase in mouse striated muscle. Biol Cell. 2000;92:527-35 pubmed..Our results support the notion that isozymes differ in their ability to interact with other macromolecules, thus segregating to different subcellular sites where they would respond to specific functional demands. ..
- Clamp P, Feltes R, Shalhevet D, Beever J, Atac E, Schook L. Linkage relationships between ALPL, ENO1, GPI, PGD, and TGFB1 on porcine chromosome 6. Genomics. 1993;17:324-9 pubmed..map has been established between the loci encoding liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase (ALPL), enolase 1-alpha (ENO1), glucose-phosphate isomerase (GPI), phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD), and transforming growth factor beta 1 (..
- Merkulova T, Lucas M, Jabet C, Lamande N, Rouzeau J, Gros F, et al. Biochemical characterization of the mouse muscle-specific enolase: developmental changes in electrophoretic variants and selective binding to other proteins. Biochem J. 1997;323 ( Pt 3):791-800 pubmed..Such a specific targeting could be modulated by post-translational modifications. ..
- Ou Yang M, Xu F, Liao M, Davis J, Robinson J, Van Nostrand W. N-terminal region of myelin basic protein reduces fibrillar amyloid-Î² deposition in Tg-5xFAD mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2015;36:801-11 pubmed publisher..The current findings support previous studies showing that MBP1 inhibits AÎ² fibril formation inÂ vitro and demonstrate the ability of MBP1 to reduce AÎ² pathology and improve behavioral performance. ..
- García Rúa V, Feijóo Bandín S, Garcia Vence M, Aragón Herrera A, Bravo S, Rodríguez Penas D, et al. Metabolic alterations derived from absence of Two-Pore Channel 1 at cardiac level. J Biosci. 2016;41:643-658 pubmed..Our results are the first to suggest a potential role for TPCNs in cardiac metabolism regulation. ..
- Hofmann J, Zovein A, Koh H, Radtke F, Weinmaster G, Iruela Arispe M. Jagged1 in the portal vein mesenchyme regulates intrahepatic bile duct development: insights into Alagille syndrome. Development. 2010;137:4061-72 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover the cellular basis for the defining feature of AGS, identify mesenchymal Jag1-dependent and -independent stages of duct development, and provide mechanistic information for the role of Jag1 in IHBD formation...
- Li J, Niu X, Madamanchi N. Leukocyte antigen-related protein tyrosine phosphatase negatively regulates hydrogen peroxide-induced vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34260-72 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that LAR regulates Fyn/JAK2/STAT3 and Fyn/p38 MAPK pathways involved in ROS-induced apoptosis. ..
- Bruschi M, Sinico R, Moroni G, Pratesi F, Migliorini P, Galetti M, et al. Glomerular autoimmune multicomponents of human lupus nephritis in vivo: ?-enolase and annexin AI. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:2483-98 pubmed publisher..These data show a multiantibody composition in LN, where IgG2 autoantibodies against ?-enolase and annexin AI predominate in the glomerulus and can be detected in serum. ..
- Mutze K, Vierkotten S, Milosevic J, Eickelberg O, KÃ¶nigshoff M. Enolase 1 (ENO1) and protein disulfide-isomerase associated 3 (PDIA3) regulate Wnt/Î²-catenin-driven trans-differentiation of murine alveolar epithelial cells. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:877-90 pubmed publisher..of cultured ATII cells revealed a reduction of carbonyl reductase 2 (CBR2) and an increase in enolase 1 (ENO1) and protein disulfide-isomerase associated 3 (PDIA3) protein expression during ATII-to-ATI cell trans-..
- Lopez Alemany R, Suelves M, Diaz Ramos A, Vidal B, Munoz Canoves P. Alpha-enolase plasminogen receptor in myogenesis. Front Biosci. 2005;10:30-6 pubmed..In particular, the expression of alpha-enolase plasminogen receptor may serve to concentrate and enhance plasmin generation on the cell surface of migratory myoblasts contributing to efficient muscle repair. ..
- D Ancona G, Croce C. Assignment of the gene for enolase to mouse chromosome 4 using somatic cell hybrids. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1977;19:1-6 pubmed..Data obtained indicate that the locus for enolase is on chromosome 4 in the mouse. ..
- Bottalico L, Kendrick N, Keller A, Li Y, Tabas I. Cholesteryl ester loading of mouse peritoneal macrophages is associated with changes in the expression or modification of specific cellular proteins, including increase in an alpha-enolase isoform. Arterioscler Thromb. 1993;13:264-75 pubmed..In conclusion, macrophage foam cell formation is associated with distinct changes in protein expression, including a marked increase in an isoform of alpha-enolase, suggesting a specific biological adaptation to CE loading. ..
- Fletcher C, Norman D, Heintz N. Genetic mapping of meander tail, a mouse mutation affecting cerebellar development. Genomics. 1991;9:647-55 pubmed..This linkage map provides the means to evaluate candidate genes, and to identify tightly linked markers useful for cloning the meander tail locus. ..
- Satoh H, Yoshida M. Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1985;39:285-91 pubmed..the 15 loci, three genes, HK1, PEPC, and SORD, were newly assigned to chromosomes 1, 5, and 6, respectively, while ENO1, PGD, and PGM1 were assigned to the long arm of chromosome 2, in the segment 2q113----qter...
- Lazar M, Lucas M, Lamande N, Bishop J, Gros F, Legault Demare L. Isolation of murine neuron-specific and non-neuronal enolase cDNA clones. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1986;141:271-7 pubmed..The noncoding sequences for neuron-specific gamma mRNA (about 1300 bases) are therefore longer than those of the non-nervous tissue specific alpha mRNA (about 600 bases). ..
- Nakamura N, Dai Q, Williams J, Goulding E, Willis W, Brown P, et al. Disruption of a spermatogenic cell-specific mouse enolase 4 (eno4) gene causes sperm structural defects and male infertility. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:90 pubmed publisher..The Gm5506 gene encodes a protein identical to ENO1 and also is transcribed at a low level in testis...
- Li Y, He W, Jha K, Klotz K, Kim Y, Mandal A, et al. FSCB, a novel protein kinase A-phosphorylated calcium-binding protein, is a CABYR-binding partner involved in late steps of fibrous sheath biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34104-19 pubmed..Due to its temporal appearance during spermiogenesis and location at the cortex of the fibrous sheath, FSCB is postulated to be involved in the later stages of fibrous sheath assembly...
- Ojaniemi M, Martin S, Dolfi F, Olefsky J, Vuori K. The proto-oncogene product p120(cbl) links c-Src and phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase to the integrin signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:3780-7 pubmed..These observations suggest that Cbl serves as a docking protein and may transduce signals to downstream signaling pathways following integrin-mediated cell adhesion in macrophages. ..
- Mor I, Sklan E, Podoly E, Pick M, Kirschner M, Yogev L, et al. Acetylcholinesterase-R increases germ cell apoptosis but enhances sperm motility. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:479-95 pubmed publisher..Interchanging interactions with RACK1 and enolase-alpha may hence enable AChE-R to affect both sperm differentiation and function by participating in independent cellular pathways. ..
- Lucas M, Goblet C, Keller A, Lamande N, Gros F, Whalen R, et al. Modulation of embryonic and muscle-specific enolase gene products in the developing mouse hindlimb. Differentiation. 1992;51:1-7 pubmed..Quantitative immunoblotting analyses carried out in parallel show that the enolase isozymic transition is mainly controlled at the mRNA level.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Guillou C, Derambure C, FrÃ©ret M, Verdet M, Avenel G, Golinski M, et al. Prophylactic Injection of Recombinant Alpha-Enolase Reduces Arthritis Severity in the Collagen-Induced Arthritis Mice Model. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136359 pubmed publisherTo evaluate the ability of the glycolytic enzyme alpha-enolase (ENO1) or its immunodominant peptide (pEP1) to reduce the severity of CIA in DBA/1 mice when injected in a prophylactic way...
- Hsu K, Hsieh R, Wu C, Chi C, Lee Y, Kuo M, et al. MBP-1 suppresses growth and metastasis of gastric cancer cells through COX-2. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5127-37 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that MBP-1-suppressed COX-2 expression plays an important role in the inhibition of growth and progression of gastric cancer. ..
- Lalley P, Minna J, Francke U. Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and man. Nature. 1978;274:160-3 pubmed
- Barbieri G, De Angelis L, Feo S, Cossu G, Giallongo A. Differential expression of muscle-specific enolase in embryonic and fetal myogenic cells during mouse development. Differentiation. 1990;45:179-84 pubmed
- Diaz Ramos A, Roig Borrellas A, García Melero A, Llorens A, Lopez Alemany R. Requirement of plasminogen binding to its cell-surface receptor ?-enolase for efficient regeneration of normal and dystrophic skeletal muscle. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50477 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the novel requirement of ?-enolase for restoring homeostasis of injured muscle tissue, by controlling the pericellular localization of plasmin activity. ..
- Bongiovanni A, Romancino D, Campos Y, Paterniti G, Qiu X, Moshiach S, et al. Alix protein is substrate of Ozz-E3 ligase and modulates actin remodeling in skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12159-71 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the Ozz-E3 ligase regulates Alix at sites where the actin cytoskeleton undergoes remodeling. ..
- Lyon M, Ogunkolade B, Brown M, Atherton D, Perry V. A gene affecting Wallerian nerve degeneration maps distally on mouse chromosome 4. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:9717-20 pubmed..50 cM-(Eno-1, D4Mit33)-1.4 +/- 0.70 cM-D4Mit42-2.5 +/- 0.93 cM-D4Smh6b. The information on the position of the Wld locus should be valuable in further characterization of this gene involved in nerve degeneration and regeneration. ..
- Palis J, Kingsley P. Differential gene expression during early murine yolk sac development. Mol Reprod Dev. 1995;42:19-27 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that at E7.5, the yolk sac endoderm provides differentiated liver-like functions, while the newly developing extraembryonic mesoderm is still a largely undifferentiated tissue. ..
- Welch C, Xia Y, Billheimer J, Strauss 3rd J, Lusis A. Assignment of the mouse sterol carrier protein gene (Scp2) to chromosome 4. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:624-5 pubmed
- Kaghad M, Dumont X, Chalon P, Lelias J, Lamande N, Lucas M, et al. Nucleotide sequences of cDNAs alpha and gamma enolase mRNAs from mouse brain. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3638 pubmed
- Keller A, Ott M, Lamande N, Lucas M, Gros F, Buckingham M, et al. Activation of the gene encoding the glycolytic enzyme beta-enolase during early myogenesis precedes an increased expression during fetal muscle development. Mech Dev. 1992;38:41-54 pubmed..The regulation of this muscle-specific gene in somites is discussed in terms of the myogenic sequences of the MyoD family shown to be present when it is activated. ..
- Miyazaki T, Sanjay A, Neff L, Tanaka S, Horne W, Baron R. Src kinase activity is essential for osteoclast function. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17660-6 pubmed
- Challen G, Martinez G, Davis M, Taylor D, Crowe M, Teasdale R, et al. Identifying the molecular phenotype of renal progenitor cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:2344-57 pubmed..These findings may assist in the isolation and characterization of potential renal stem cells for use in cellular therapies for kidney disease. ..