Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Elovl2
Description: elongation of very long chain fatty acids (FEN1/Elo2, SUR4/Elo3, yeast)-like 2
Alias: AI317360, Ssc2, elongation of very long chain fatty acids protein 2, 3-keto acyl-CoA synthase Elovl2, ELOVL FA elongase 2, ELOVL family member 2, ELOVL fatty acid elongase 2, sequence similarity to Cig30 2, very long chain 3-ketoacyl-CoA synthase 2, very long chain 3-oxoacyl-CoA synthase 2
- Role of a new mammalian gene family in the biosynthesis of very long chain fatty acids and sphingolipidsP Tvrdik
The Wenner Gren Institute, The Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 149:707-18. 2000..The Ssc1 gene appears to be ubiquitously expressed, whereas Ssc2 and Cig30 show a restricted expression pattern...
- Identification of a mammalian long chain fatty acyl elongase regulated by sterol regulatory element-binding proteinsY A Moon
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 276:45358-66. 2001..The current studies suggest that mouse LCE expression is increased by SREBPs and that the enzyme is a component of the elusive mammalian elongation system that converts palmitic to stearic acid...
- ELOVL2 overexpression enhances triacylglycerol synthesis in 3T3-L1 and F442A cellsTsutomu Kobayashi
Wenner Gren Institute, Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS Lett 581:3157-63. 2007Elongation of very long-chain fatty acids (ELOVL) members were overexpressed in two preadipocyte cell lines, ELOVL2 and ELOVL3 in 3T3-L1 cells, and ELOVL1-3 in F442A cells...
- ELOVL2 controls the level of n-6 28:5 and 30:5 fatty acids in testis, a prerequisite for male fertility and sperm maturation in miceDamir Zadravec
The Wenner Gren Institute, Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
J Lipid Res 52:245-55. 2011b>ELOVL2 is a member of the mammalian microsomal ELOVL fatty acid enzyme family, involved in the elongation of very long-chain fatty acids including PUFAs required for various cellular functions in mammals...
- Impaired epidermal permeability barrier in mice lacking elovl1, the gene responsible for very-long-chain fatty acid productionTakayuki Sassa
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 33:2787-96. 2013..Elovl1 is a key determinant of epidermal Cer chain length and is essential for permeability barrier formation. ..
- Elovl2 ablation demonstrates that systemic DHA is endogenously produced and is essential for lipid homeostasis in miceAnna M Pauter
Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, SE 10691 Stockholm, Sweden and
J Lipid Res 55:718-28. 2014..of very long-chain fatty acids (ELOVLs) in mammals is catalyzed by the ELOVL enzymes to which the PUFA elongase ELOVL2 belongs...
- Both maternal and offspring Elovl2 genotypes determine systemic DHA levels in perinatal miceAnna M Pauter
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, Stockholm, SE 10691 Sweden
J Lipid Res 58:111-123. 2017..In order to address the question regarding the origin of DHA during perinatal life, we have used DHA-deficient Elovl2-ablated mice as a model system to analyze the maternal impact on the DHA level in their offspring of various ..
- Identification and expression of mammalian long-chain PUFA elongation enzymesAmanda E Leonard
Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio 43215, USA
Lipids 37:733-40. 2002..4 and 58% identity, respectively, to that of ELOVL5. The open reading frame of the human clone (ELOVL2) encodes a 296-amino acid peptide, whereas the mouse clone (Elovl2) encodes a 292-amino acid peptide...