Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eloc
Description: elongin C
Alias: 2610043E24Rik, 2610301I15Rik, AA407206, AI987979, AW049146, Tceb1, elongin-C, transcription elongation factor B polypeptide 1, RNA polymerase II transcription factor SIII subunit C, SIII p15, elongin 15 kDa subunit, stromal membrane-associated protein SMAP1B homolog, transcription elongation factor B (SIII), polypeptide 1
- Lavens D, Montoye T, Piessevaux J, Zabeau L, Vandekerckhove J, Gevaert K, et al. A complex interaction pattern of CIS and SOCS2 with the leptin receptor. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2214-24 pubmed..This unexpected interference can be explained by the direct binding of SOCS2 on the CIS SOCS box, whereby elongin B/C recruitment is crucial to suppress CIS activity. ..
- Woo J, Imm J, Min C, Kim K, Cha S, Oh B. Structural and functional insights into the B30.2/SPRY domain. EMBO J. 2006;25:1353-63 pubmed..2/SPRY domains, suggesting that these domains are protein-interacting modules, which recognize a specific individual partner protein rather than a consensus sequence motif. ..
- Babon J, Sabo J, Soetopo A, Yao S, Bailey M, Zhang J, et al. The SOCS box domain of SOCS3: structure and interaction with the elonginBC-cullin5 ubiquitin ligase. J Mol Biol. 2008;381:928-40 pubmed publisher..Domains upstream of the SOCS box are not required for elonginBC or cullin5 association, indicating that the SOCS box acts as an independent binding domain capable of recruiting elonginBC and cullin5 to promote E3 ligase formation. ..
- Wilson C, Crombie C, van der Weyden L, Poulogiannis G, Rust A, Pardo M, et al. Nuclear receptor binding protein 1 regulates intestinal progenitor cell homeostasis and tumour formation. EMBO J. 2012;31:2486-97 pubmed publisher..Thus NRBP1 is a conserved regulator of cell fate, that plays an important role in tumour suppression. ..
- Kamura T, Maenaka K, Kotoshiba S, Matsumoto M, Kohda D, Conaway R, et al. VHL-box and SOCS-box domains determine binding specificity for Cul2-Rbx1 and Cul5-Rbx2 modules of ubiquitin ligases. Genes Dev. 2004;18:3055-65 pubmed..These data suggest that the functions of the Cul2-Rbx1 and Cul5-Rbx2 modules are distinct. ..
- Beringer M, Pisano P, Di Carlo V, Blanco E, Chammas P, Vizan P, et al. EPOP Functionally Links Elongin and Polycomb in Pluripotent Stem Cells. Mol Cell. 2016;64:645-658 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that keeping the balance between activating and repressive cues is a more general feature of chromatin in pluripotent stem cells than previously appreciated. ..
- Jalava S, Porkka K, Rauhala H, Isotalo J, Tammela T, Visakorpi T. TCEB1 promotes invasion of prostate cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:95-102 pubmed publisher..We have previously shown that TCEB1, EIF3S3, KIAA0196 and RAD21 are amplified and overexpressed in prostate cancer and they are located in the 8q area...
- Campos Y, Qiu X, Zanoteli E, Moshiach S, Vergani N, Bongiovanni A, et al. Ozz-E3 ubiquitin ligase targets sarcomeric embryonic myosin heavy chain during muscle development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9866 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify Ozz-E3 as the ubiquitin ligase complex that interacts with and regulates myosin within its fully assembled cytoskeletal structure. ..
- Desimone M, Rathmell W, Threadgill D. Pleiotropic effects of the trichloroethylene-associated P81S VHL mutation on metabolism, apoptosis, and ATM-mediated DNA damage response. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105:1355-64 pubmed publisher..The TCE-associated P81S VHL mutation can initiate a unique adaptive response required for selective tumor growth through pleiotropic effects on metabolic diversification, apoptosis suppression, and alteration of the DNA damage response. ..
- Piessevaux J, De Ceuninck L, Catteeuw D, Peelman F, Tavernier J. Elongin B/C recruitment regulates substrate binding by CIS. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:21334-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the SOCS box not only plays a role in the formation of E3 ligase complexes but, at least for CIS, can also regulate the binding modus of SOCS box-containing proteins. ..
- Kamura T, Sato S, Haque D, Liu L, Kaelin W, Conaway R, et al. The Elongin BC complex interacts with the conserved SOCS-box motif present in members of the SOCS, ras, WD-40 repeat, and ankyrin repeat families. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3872-81 pubmed..Elongin B is a ubiquitin-like protein, and Elongin C is a Skp1-like protein that binds to a BC-box motif that is present in both Elongin A and VHL and is distinct ..