Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Elf1
Description: E74-like factor 1
Alias: Elf-1, Sts1, mElf-1, p70, ETS-related transcription factor Elf-1
- Gottgens B, Nastos A, Kinston S, Piltz S, Delabesse E, Stanley M, et al. Establishing the transcriptional programme for blood: the SCL stem cell enhancer is regulated by a multiprotein complex containing Ets and GATA factors. EMBO J. 2002;21:3039-50 pubmed..Our results suggest that these transcription factors are key components of an enhanceosome responsible for activating SCL transcription and establishing the transcriptional programme required for HSC formation. ..
- Garrett Sinha L, Dahl R, Rao S, Barton K, Simon M. PU.1 exhibits partial functional redundancy with Spi-B, but not with Ets-1 or Elf-1. Blood. 2001;97:2908-12 pubmed..In summary, PU.1 and Spi-B regulate common target genes required for proliferation of hematopoietic progenitors or their committed descendants, whereas Ets-1 or Elf-1 do not appear to regulate shared target genes with PU.1 or Spi-B. ..
- Bassuk A, Barton K, Anandappa R, Lu M, Leiden J. Expression pattern of the Ets-related transcription factor Elf-1. Mol Med. 1998;4:392-401 pubmed
- Calero Nieto F, Wood A, Wilson N, Kinston S, Landry J, Gottgens B. Transcriptional regulation of Elf-1: locus-wide analysis reveals four distinct promoters, a tissue-specific enhancer, control by PU.1 and the importance of Elf-1 downregulation for erythroid maturation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:6363-74 pubmed publisher..1 controls myeloid-erythroid differentiation. Our findings therefore not only represent the first report of Elf-1 regulation but also enhance our understanding of the wider regulatory networks that control haematopoiesis. ..
- Choi H, Geng Y, Cho H, Li S, Giri P, Felio K, et al. Differential requirements for the Ets transcription factor Elf-1 in the development of NKT cells and NK cells. Blood. 2011;117:1880-7 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that Elf-1 plays an important and nonredundant role in the development and function of NKT cells, but is not involved in NK-cell development...
- Blagosklonny M. A node between proliferation, apoptosis, and growth arrest. Bioessays. 1999;21:704-9 pubmed
- Brambilla -, Br amp uuml ckner -, Orioli -, Bergemann -, Flanagan -, Klein -. Similarities and Differences in the Way Transmembrane-Type Ligands Interact with the Elk Subclass of Eph Receptors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1996;8:199-209 pubmed..Knowledge regarding functional ligand-receptor interactions as presented in this study will be important for the design and interpretation of in vivo experiments, e.g., loss-of-function studies in transgenic mice. ..
- Brooke Bisschop T, Savory J, Foley T, Ringuette R, Lohnes D. Essential roles for Cdx in murine primitive hematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2017;422:115-124 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate critical roles for Cdx members in murine primitive hematopoiesis upstream of Scl. ..
- Parashar K, Kopping E, Frank D, Sampath V, Thanassi D, Carpino N. Increased Resistance to Intradermal Francisella tularensis LVS Infection by Inactivation of the Sts Phosphatases. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..These observations suggest the Sts proteins play an important regulatory role in the host response to bacterial infection, and they underscore a role for Sts in regulating functionally relevant immune response pathways. ..
- Kumazoe M, Yamashita M, Nakamura Y, Takamatsu K, Bae J, Yamashita S, et al. Green Tea Polyphenol EGCG Upregulates Tollip Expression by Suppressing Elf-1 Expression. J Immunol. 2017;199:3261-3269 pubmed publisher..These data support EGCG and a cGMP inducer as potential candidate suppressors of TLR4 signaling. ..
- Serdobova I, Pla M, Reichenbach P, Sperisen P, Ghysdael J, Wilson A, et al. Elf-1 contributes to the function of the complex interleukin (IL)-2-responsive enhancer in the mouse IL-2 receptor alpha gene. J Exp Med. 1997;185:1211-21 pubmed
- Lim K, Chang H. O-GlcNAc inhibits interaction between Sp1 and Elf-1 transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:569-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that O-GlcNAc inhibits Sp1-mediated gene transcription possibly by interrupting Sp1 interaction with its cooperative factor. ..
- Jakoncic J, Sondgeroth B, Carpino N, Nassar N. The 1.35 A resolution structure of the phosphatase domain of the suppressor of T-cell receptor signaling protein in complex with sulfate. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2010;66:643-7 pubmed publisher..Each sulfate is located at the phosphate-binding site and makes similar interactions with the catalytic residues. The structure suggests an explanation for the lower Michaelis-Menten constants at acidic pH. ..
- Tang Y, Katuri V, Iqbal S, Narayan T, Wang Z, Lu R, et al. ELF a beta-spectrin is a neuronal precursor cell marker in developing mammalian brain; structure and organization of the elf/beta-G spectrin gene. Oncogene. 2002;21:5255-67 pubmed..It remains unclear as to whether novel beta-spectrins such as elf1-4 are distinct genes or beta-G-spectrin isoforms...
- Gunther C, Graves B. Identification of ETS domain proteins in murine T lymphocytes that interact with the Moloney murine leukemia virus enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7569-80 pubmed..This strategy could be used to identify other ETS domain proteins in crude nuclear extracts. These findings suggest multiple ETS domain proteins could regulate gene expression of Mo-MuLV. ..
- Lettice L, Williamson I, Wiltshire J, Peluso S, Devenney P, Hill A, et al. Opposing functions of the ETS factor family define Shh spatial expression in limb buds and underlie polydactyly. Dev Cell. 2012;22:459-67 pubmed publisher..Two point mutations within the ZRS change the profile of ETS binding and activate Shh expression at an ectopic site in the limb bud. These molecular changes define a pathogenetic mechanism that leads to preaxial polydactyly (PPD)...
- Abedin M, Nguyen A, Jiang N, Perry C, Shelton J, Watson D, et al. Fli1 acts downstream of Etv2 to govern cell survival and vascular homeostasis via positive autoregulation. Circ Res. 2014;114:1690-9 pubmed publisher..Once the program is activated in early embryos, Fli1 then takes over to sustain the process in the absence of Etv2. ..