Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Elavl4
Description: ELAV like RNA binding protein 4
Alias: Elav, Hud, PNEM, ELAV-like protein 4, ELAV (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision, Drosophila)-like 4 (Hu antigen D), HU-antigen D, RNA-binding protein HUD3, paraneoplastic encephalomyelitis antigen HuD
- Bolognani F, Qiu S, Tanner D, Paik J, Perrone Bizzozero N, Weeber E. Associative and spatial learning and memory deficits in transgenic mice overexpressing the RNA-binding protein HuD. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2007;87:635-43 pubmedb>HuD is a neuronal specific RNA-binding protein associated with the stabilization of short-lived mRNAs during brain development, nerve regeneration and synaptic plasticity...
- Deschenes Furry J, Perrone Bizzozero N, Jasmin B. The RNA-binding protein HuD: a regulator of neuronal differentiation, maintenance and plasticity. Bioessays. 2006;28:822-33 pubmed..In the nervous system, the member of the Hu family of ARE-binding proteins known as HuD, has recently been implicated in multiple aspects of neuronal function including the commitment and differentiation ..
- Akamatsu W, Fujihara H, Mitsuhashi T, Yano M, Shibata S, Hayakawa Y, et al. The RNA-binding protein HuD regulates neuronal cell identity and maturation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:4625-30 pubmed..Newly generated HuD-deficient mice exhibited a transient impaired-cranial-nerve-development phenotype at an early embryonic stage...
- Englund C, Fink A, Lau C, Pham D, Daza R, Bulfone A, et al. Pax6, Tbr2, and Tbr1 are expressed sequentially by radial glia, intermediate progenitor cells, and postmitotic neurons in developing neocortex. J Neurosci. 2005;25:247-51 pubmed
- Bolognani F, Tanner D, Merhege M, Deschenes Furry J, Jasmin B, Perrone Bizzozero N. In vivo post-transcriptional regulation of GAP-43 mRNA by overexpression of the RNA-binding protein HuD. J Neurochem. 2006;96:790-801 pubmedb>HuD is a neuronal-specific RNA-binding protein that binds to and stabilizes the mRNAs of growth-associated protein-43 (GAP-43) and other neuronal proteins...
- Fukao A, Sasano Y, Imataka H, Inoue K, Sakamoto H, Sonenberg N, et al. The ELAV protein HuD stimulates cap-dependent translation in a Poly(A)- and eIF4A-dependent manner. Mol Cell. 2009;36:1007-17 pubmed publisherThe RNA-binding protein HuD promotes neuronal differentiation by an unknown mechanism. Here we identify an enhancer function of HuD in translation...
- Peltopuro P, Kala K, Partanen J. Distinct requirements for Ascl1 in subpopulations of midbrain GABAergic neurons. Dev Biol. 2010;343:63-70 pubmed publisher..Also, our results have implications on understanding the origins of the various midbrain GABAergic neuron groups in the embryonic neuroepithelium. ..
- Ratti A, Fallini C, Cova L, Fantozzi R, Calzarossa C, Zennaro E, et al. A role for the ELAV RNA-binding proteins in neural stem cells: stabilization of Msi1 mRNA. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1442-52 pubmed..Neural ELAV proteins are key inducers of neuronal differentiation through the stabilization and/or translational enhancement of ..
- Fallini C, Zhang H, Su Y, Silani V, Singer R, Rossoll W, et al. The survival of motor neuron (SMN) protein interacts with the mRNA-binding protein HuD and regulates localization of poly(A) mRNA in primary motor neuron axons. J Neurosci. 2011;31:3914-25 pubmed publisher..cell transfection, and BiFC, we characterized a novel interaction between SMN and the neuronal mRNA-binding protein HuD, which was dependent on the Tudor domain of SMN...
- Hubers L, Valderrama Carvajal H, Laframboise J, Timbers J, Sanchez G, Cote J. HuD interacts with survival motor neuron protein and can rescue spinal muscular atrophy-like neuronal defects. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:553-79 pubmed publisher..We report here that SMN interacts with RNA-binding protein HuD in neurites of motorneuron-derived MN-1 cells...
- Araujo D, Anderson A, Berto S, Runnels W, Harper M, Ammanuel S, et al. FoxP1 orchestration of ASD-relevant signaling pathways in the striatum. Genes Dev. 2015;29:2081-96 pubmed publisher..These data support an integral role for FoxP1 in regulating signaling pathways vulnerable in autism and the specific regulation of striatal pathways important for vocal communication. ..
- Lamba D, Hayes S, Karl M, Reh T. Baf60c is a component of the neural progenitor-specific BAF complex in developing retina. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3016-23 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that Baf60c is re-expressed in the Müller glial cells that re-enter the cell cycle after neurotoxic damage. ..
- Jin S, Martinelli D, Zheng X, Tessier Lavigne M, Fan C. Gas1 is a receptor for sonic hedgehog to repel enteric axons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E73-80 pubmed publisher..Together, our data uncover a previously unsuspected mechanism underlying development of centrifugal tubular organization and identify a previously unidentified effector of Shh in axon guidance. ..
- Nekrep N, Wang J, Miyatsuka T, German M. Signals from the neural crest regulate beta-cell mass in the pancreas. Development. 2008;135:2151-60 pubmed publisher..2 form a non-cell-autonomous feedback loop that links the neural crest with the pancreatic epithelium, regulates the size of the beta-cell population, and thereby impacts insulin-secretory capacity and energy homeostasis. ..
- Inman M, Levy S, Mock B, Owens G. Gene organization and chromosome location of the neural-specific RNA binding protein Elavl4. Gene. 1998;208:139-45 pubmedWe have isolated the gene that encodes the neural-specific RNA binding protein HuD in the mouse (Elavl4), and have mapped its location to the mid-distal region of chromosome 4, close to the neurological mutant clasper...
- Hayashi S, Yano M, Igarashi M, Okano H, Okano H. Alternative role of HuD splicing variants in neuronal differentiation. J Neurosci Res. 2015;93:399-409 pubmed publisherb>HuD is a neuronal RNA-binding protein that plays an important role in neuronal differentiation of the nervous system...
- Gerstmann K, Pensold D, Symmank J, Khundadze M, HÃ¼bner C, Bolz J, et al. Thalamic afferents influence cortical progenitors via ephrin A5-EphA4 interactions. Development. 2015;142:140-50 pubmed publisher..We suggest that ephrin A5 ligands imported by invading thalamic axons interact with EphA4-expressing RGCs, thereby contributing to the fine-tuning of IPC generation and thus the proper neuronal output for cortical layers. ..
- Taniguchi Y, Tanaka O, Sekiguchi M, Takekoshi S, Tsukamoto H, Kimura M, et al. Enforced expression of the transcription factor HOXD3 under the control of the Wnt1 regulatory element modulates cell adhesion properties in the developing mouse neural tube. J Anat. 2011;219:589-600 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that expression of HOXD3 is closely associated with modulation of cell-adhesive properties during embryonic development. ..
- McNay D, Briancon N, Kokoeva M, Maratos Flier E, Flier J. Remodeling of the arcuate nucleus energy-balance circuit is inhibited in obese mice. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:142-52 pubmed publisher..This insight has important implications for our understanding of nutritional regulation of energy balance and brain function. ..
- Sakakibara S, Imai T, Hamaguchi K, Okabe M, Aruga J, Nakajima K, et al. Mouse-Musashi-1, a neural RNA-binding protein highly enriched in the mammalian CNS stem cell. Dev Biol. 1996;176:230-42 pubmed..mammalian neural RNA-binding protein, Hu (a mammalian homologue of a Drosophila neuronal RNA-binding protein Elav), that is expressed in postmitotic neurons within the CNS...
- Maier E, Von Hofsten J, Nord H, Fernandes M, Paek H, Hebert J, et al. Opposing Fgf and Bmp activities regulate the specification of olfactory sensory and respiratory epithelial cell fates. Development. 2010;137:1601-11 pubmed publisher..In summary, we present a conserved mechanism in amniotes in which Bmp and Fgf signals act in an opposing manner to regulate the respiratory versus sensory epithelial cell fate decision...
- Fujiwara Y, Kasashima K, Saito K, Fukuda M, Fukao A, Sasano Y, et al. Microtubule association of a neuronal RNA-binding protein HuD through its binding to the light chain of MAP1B. Biochimie. 2011;93:817-22 pubmed publisher..Recently, we reported that one of the neuronal Hu proteins, HuD stimulates cap-dependent translation through interactions with eIF4A and poly (A) tail...
- Zhu H, Hasman R, Barron V, Luo G, Lou H. A nuclear function of Hu proteins as neuron-specific alternative RNA processing regulators. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:5105-14 pubmed..Mammalian neuron-specific embryonic lethal abnormal visual-like Hu proteins (HuB, HuC, and HuD) are a family of RNA-binding proteins implicated in neuronal differentiation and maintenance...
- Yamada M, Terao M, Terashima T, Fujiyama T, Kawaguchi Y, Nabeshima Y, et al. Origin of climbing fiber neurons and their developmental dependence on Ptf1a. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10924-34 pubmed..These findings clarify the precise origin of CF neurons and suggest that Ptf1a controls their fate, survival, differentiation, and migration during development. ..
- Bonilla S, Hall A, Pinto L, Attardo A, Gotz M, Huttner W, et al. Identification of midbrain floor plate radial glia-like cells as dopaminergic progenitors. Glia. 2008;56:809-20 pubmed publisher..Combined, our experiments support the concept that the midbrain FP differs from other FP regions and demonstrate that FP radial glia-like cells in the midbrain are neurogenic and give rise to midbrain DA neurons. ..
- Sanna M, Peroni D, Mello T, Ghelardini C, Quattrone A, Galeotti N. Increase of neurofilament-H protein in sensory neurons in antiretroviral neuropathy: Evidence for a neuroprotective response mediated by the RNA-binding protein HuD. Pharmacol Res. 2016;111:23-33 pubmed publisher..The increase of pNF-H levels was counteracted by the silencing of HuD, an RNA binding protein involved in neuronal development and differentiation...
- Pacal M, Bremner R. Mapping differentiation kinetics in the mouse retina reveals an extensive period of cell cycle protein expression in post-mitotic newborn neurons. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1525-44 pubmed publisher..The high-resolution map of cell birth kinetics reported here provides a framework to better define mechanisms that regulate neurogenesis. ..
- Nishino J, Saunders T, Sagane K, Morrison S. Lgi4 promotes the proliferation and differentiation of glial lineage cells throughout the developing peripheral nervous system. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15228-40 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a new mechanism regulating enteric gliogenesis as well as novel functions for Lgi4 regulating the proliferation and maturation of glial lineage cells throughout the PNS. ..
- Lee E, Kim W, Tominaga K, Martindale J, Yang X, Subaran S, et al. RNA-binding protein HuD controls insulin translation. Mol Cell. 2012;45:826-35 pubmed publisherAlthough expression of the mammalian RNA-binding protein HuD was considered to be restricted to neurons, we report that HuD is present in pancreatic Î² cells, where its levels are controlled by the insulin receptor pathway...
- Nouri N, Patel M, Joksimovic M, Poulin J, Anderegg A, Taketo M, et al. Excessive Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes midbrain floor plate neurogenesis, but results in vacillating dopamine progenitors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;68:131-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings will impact embryonic stem cell protocols that utilize Wnt pathway reagents to derive mDA neuron models and therapeutics for Parkinson's disease. ..
- Heanue T, Pachnis V. Prospective identification and isolation of enteric nervous system progenitors using Sox2. Stem Cells. 2011;29:128-40 pubmed publisher..Our studies will facilitate development of cell replacement strategies in animal models, critical to develop human cell replacement therapies for HSCR. ..
- Ono Y, Nakatani T, Sakamoto Y, Mizuhara E, Minaki Y, Kumai M, et al. Differences in neurogenic potential in floor plate cells along an anteroposterior location: midbrain dopaminergic neurons originate from mesencephalic floor plate cells. Development. 2007;134:3213-25 pubmed..Our data provide insights into the mechanisms of specification and generation of mesDA neurons, and illustrate a useful cell replacement approach for Parkinson's disease. ..
- Abe R, Yamamoto K, Sakamoto H. Target specificity of neuronal RNA-binding protein, Mel-N1: direct binding to the 3' untranslated region of its own mRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:2011-6 pubmed
- Lei J, Howard M. Targeted deletion of Hand2 in enteric neural precursor cells affects its functions in neurogenesis, neurotransmitter specification and gangliogenesis, causing functional aganglionosis. Development. 2011;138:4789-800 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hand2 is essential for neurogenesis, neurotransmitter specification and neural network patterning in the developing ENS. ..
- Sanna M, Ghelardini C, Galeotti N. HuD-mediated distinct BDNF regulatory pathways promote regeneration after nerve injury. Brain Res. 2017;1659:55-63 pubmed publisher..In DRG of SNI mice we also detected an increase of HuD expression, a RNA-binding protein known to stabilize BDNF and GAP-43 mRNA...
- Bellavia D, Mecarozzi M, Campese A, Grazioli P, Talora C, Frati L, et al. Notch3 and the Notch3-upregulated RNA-binding protein HuD regulate Ikaros alternative splicing. EMBO J. 2007;26:1670-80 pubmed..This effect appears to be mediated by Notch3's pre-TCR-dependent upregulation of the RNA-binding protein, HuD. Notch3 signaling thus appears to play a critical role in the diminished IK activity described in several lymphoid ..
- Muñoz Bravo J, Hidalgo Figueroa M, Pascual A, Lopez Barneo J, Leal Cerro A, Cano D. GDNF is required for neural colonization of the pancreas. Development. 2013;140:3669-79 pubmed publisher..Our data further show that exogenous GDNF promotes the proliferation of pancreatic progenitor cells in organ culture. In summary, our results point to GDNF as crucial for the development of the intrinsic innervation of the pancreas. ..
- Sanna M, Quattrone A, Ghelardini C, Galeotti N. PKC-mediated HuD-GAP43 pathway activation in a mouse model of antiretroviral painful neuropathy. Pharmacol Res. 2014;81:44-53 pubmed publisher..ddC treatment also increased the expression of HuD, a RNA-binding protein target of PKC known to stabilize GAP43 mRNA...
- Galichet C, Guillemot F, Parras C. Neurogenin 2 has an essential role in development of the dentate gyrus. Development. 2008;135:2031-41 pubmed publisher..These data establish a unique role of Ngn2 in DG neurogenesis during development and raise the possibility that Ngn2 has a similar function in adult neurogenesis. ..
- Ouchi Y, Baba Y, Koso H, Taketo M, Iwamoto T, Aburatani H, et al. ?-Catenin signaling regulates the timing of cell differentiation in mouse retinal progenitor cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:770-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, ?-catenin signaling regulates the timing of differentiation in RPCs by inhibiting premature differentiation of them partly through the regulation of Id3 expression. ..
- Vanevski F, Xu B. HuD interacts with Bdnf mRNA and is essential for activity-induced BDNF synthesis in dendrites. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117264 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the neuronal ELAV family of RNA binding proteins associates in vivo with several Bdnf mRNA isoforms present in the adult brain in an ..
- Minaki Y, Nakatani T, Mizuhara E, Inoue T, Ono Y. Identification of a novel transcriptional corepressor, Corl2, as a cerebellar Purkinje cell-selective marker. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:418-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this marker was useful for unmasking the precise origin of PCs and delineating the domain map within the ventricular zone that generates cerebellar GABAergic neurons. ..
- Shikata Y, Okada T, Hashimoto M, Ellis T, Matsumaru D, Shiroishi T, et al. Ptch1-mediated dosage-dependent action of Shh signaling regulates neural progenitor development at late gestational stages. Dev Biol. 2011;349:147-59 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that endogenous Ptch1 mediates the broad effects of Shh on the transition from VZ progenitors to IPCs and activation of proliferation of the IPCs in the cortex during late gestational stages. ..
- Lake J, Avetisyan M, Zimmermann A, Heuckeroth R. Neural crest requires Impdh2 for development of the enteric nervous system, great vessels, and craniofacial skeleton. Dev Biol. 2016;409:152-165 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IMPDH2 mediated guanine nucleotide synthesis is essential for normal development of the ENS and other neural crest derivatives. ..
- Zhao X, D Arca D, Lim W, Brahmachary M, Carro M, Ludwig T, et al. The N-Myc-DLL3 cascade is suppressed by the ubiquitin ligase Huwe1 to inhibit proliferation and promote neurogenesis in the developing brain. Dev Cell. 2009;17:210-21 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Huwe1 balances proliferation and neurogenesis in the developing brain and that this pathway is subverted in malignant brain tumors. ..
- Hori K, Nagai T, Shan W, Sakamoto A, Taya S, Hashimoto R, et al. Cytoskeletal regulation by AUTS2 in neuronal migration and neuritogenesis. Cell Rep. 2014;9:2166-79 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that cytoplasmic AUTS2 acts as a regulator of Rho family GTPases to contribute to brain development and give insight into the pathology of human psychiatric disorders with AUTS2 mutations. ..
- Zega K, Jovanovic V, Vitic Z, Niedzielska M, Knaapi L, Jukic M, et al. Dusp16 Deficiency Causes Congenital Obstructive Hydrocephalus and Brain Overgrowth by Expansion of the Neural Progenitor Pool. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:372 pubmed publisher..Moreover our results suggest that a lack of functional Dusp16 could play a central role in the molecular mechanisms linking brain overgrowth and hydrocephalus. ..
- Wang F, Tidei J, Polich E, Gao Y, Zhao H, Perrone Bizzozero N, et al. Positive feedback between RNA-binding protein HuD and transcription factor SATB1 promotes neurogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E4995-5004 pubmed publisherThe mammalian embryonic lethal abnormal vision (ELAV)-like protein HuD is a neuronal RNA-binding protein implicated in neuronal development, plasticity, and diseases...
- Abe R, Uyeno Y, Yamamoto K, Sakamoto H. Tissue-specific expression of the gene encoding a mouse RNA binding protein homologous to human HuD antigen. DNA Res. 1994;1:175-80 pubmedWe have cloned and sequenced cDNAs encoding a mouse RNA-binding protein that is homologous to human HuD antigen...
- Hasegawa Y, Yoshida D, Nakamura Y, Sakakibara S. Spatiotemporal distribution of SUMOylation components during mouse brain development. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:3020-36 pubmed publisher..This heterogeneous distribution implies that both proteins play a specific and unique role in the brain. ..
- Deboer E, Azevedo R, Vega T, Brodkin J, Akamatsu W, Okano H, et al. Prenatal deletion of the RNA-binding protein HuD disrupts postnatal cortical circuit maturation and behavior. J Neurosci. 2014;34:3674-86 pubmed publisher..Recent research points to mRNA metabolism as a key regulator of this development and maturation process. Hu antigen D (HuD), an RNA-binding protein, has been implicated in the establishment of neuronal identity and neurite ..
- Sosanya N, Huang P, Cacheaux L, Chen C, Nguyen K, Perrone Bizzozero N, et al. Degradation of high affinity HuD targets releases Kv1.1 mRNA from miR-129 repression by mTORC1. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:53-69 pubmed publisher..1 mRNA translation when mTORC1 was active. When mTORC1 was inactive, we found that the RNA-binding protein, HuD, bound to Kv1.1 mRNA and promoted its translation...
- Morikawa Y, D Autréaux F, Gershon M, Cserjesi P. Hand2 determines the noradrenergic phenotype in the mouse sympathetic nervous system. Dev Biol. 2007;307:114-26 pubmed..Our data suggest that the major role of Hand2 during SNS development is to permit sympathetic neurons to acquire a catecholaminergic phenotype. ..
- Ince Dunn G, Okano H, Jensen K, Park W, Zhong R, Ule J, et al. Neuronal Elav-like (Hu) proteins regulate RNA splicing and abundance to control glutamate levels and neuronal excitability. Neuron. 2012;75:1067-80 pubmed publisher..Here, we used HITS-CLIP to determine robust binding sites targeted by the neuronal Elav-like (nElavl) RNABPs...
- Georgi S, Reh T. Dicer is required for the transition from early to late progenitor state in the developing mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4048-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Dicer is necessary for the developmental change in competence of the retinal progenitor cells. ..
- Memic F, Knoflach V, Sadler R, Tegerstedt G, Sundström E, Guillemot F, et al. Ascl1 Is Required for the Development of Specific Neuronal Subtypes in the Enteric Nervous System. J Neurosci. 2016;36:4339-50 pubmed publisher..Enteric nervous system progenitor cells may therefore possess strong intrinsic control over their specification at the initial waves of neurogenesis. ..
- Yamanaka Y, Kitano A, Takao K, Prasansuklab A, Mushiroda T, Yamazaki K, et al. Inactivation of fibroblast growth factor binding protein 3 causes anxiety-related behaviors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:200-12 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FGF-BP3 plays a critical role in the regulation of emotional states and in the development of anxiety disorders and should be investigated as a therapeutic target for anxiety disease in humans. ..
- Lin Y, Ouchi Y, Satoh S, Watanabe S. Sox2 plays a role in the induction of amacrine and Müller glial cells in mouse retinal progenitor cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:68-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ectopic Sox2 expression can induce amacrine cells in the mouse retina from stage E17 onward, possibly by facilitating cell cycle exit. ..
- Li Z, Caron M, Blakely R, Margolis K, Gershon M. Dependence of serotonergic and other nonadrenergic enteric neurons on norepinephrine transporter expression. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16730-40 pubmed publisher..NET expression is essential for development and/or survival of some (5-HT- and calretinin-expressing), but not all (nNOS-expressing), of these neurons. ..
- García Domínguez D, Morello D, Cisneros E, Kontoyiannis D, Frade J. Stabilization of Dll1 mRNA by Elavl1/HuR in neuroepithelial cells undergoing mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1227-39 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Elav-like (Elavl1)/HuR becomes enriched in the cytoplasm of neuroepithelial cells undergoing mitosis and that this ..
- D Autréaux F, Morikawa Y, Cserjesi P, Gershon M. Hand2 is necessary for terminal differentiation of enteric neurons from crest-derived precursors but not for their migration into the gut or for formation of glia. Development. 2007;134:2237-49 pubmed..We suggest that enteric neuronal development occurs in stages and that Hand2 expression is required for terminal differentiation but not for precursors to enter the neuronal lineage. ..
- Georgas K, Armstrong J, Keast J, Larkins C, McHugh K, Southard Smith E, et al. An illustrated anatomical ontology of the developing mouse lower urogenital tract. Development. 2015;142:1893-908 pubmed publisher..The revised ontology will be an important tool for researchers studying urogenital development/malformation in mouse models and will improve our capacity to appropriately interpret these with respect to the human situation. ..
- Gohlke J, Armant O, Parham F, Smith M, Zimmer C, Castro D, et al. Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon development. BMC Biol. 2008;6:15 pubmed publisher..Together, these data shed light on the molecular pathways regulated by proneural genes and demonstrate that the integration of experimentation with bioinformatics can guide both hypothesis testing and hypothesis generation. ..
- Schwarz Q, Vieira J, Howard B, Eickholt B, Ruhrberg C. Neuropilin 1 and 2 control cranial gangliogenesis and axon guidance through neural crest cells. Development. 2008;135:1605-13 pubmed publisher..We conclude that neuropilins play multiple roles in the sensory nervous system by directing cranial neural crest cells, positioning sensory neurons and organising their axonal projections. ..
- Sewell W, Sparrow D, Smith A, Gonzalez D, Rappaport E, Dunwoodie S, et al. Cyclical expression of the Notch/Wnt regulator Nrarp requires modulation by Dll3 in somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;329:400-9 pubmed publisher..Towards identifying the role of Dll3 in regulating somitogenesis, Nrarp emerges as a potentially important regulator that requires Dll3 but not Lfng for normal function...
- Wittmann W, Iulianella A, Gunhaga L. Cux2 acts as a critical regulator for neurogenesis in the olfactory epithelium of vertebrates. Dev Biol. 2014;388:35-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate a novel conserved mechanism in vertebrates in which levels of Cux2 activity play an important role for ongoing neurogenesis in the olfactory epithelium...