Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Elavl2
Description: ELAV like RNA binding protein 1
Alias: Hub, mel-N1, ELAV-like protein 2, ELAV (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision, Drosophila)-like 2 (Hu antigen B), ELAV-like neuronal protein 1, HU-antigen B, nervous system-specific RNA-binding protein Mel-N1
- Yano M, Okano H, Okano H. Involvement of Hu and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K in neuronal differentiation through p21 mRNA post-transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12690-9 pubmed
- Evsikov A, de Vries W, Peaston A, Radford E, Fancher K, Chen F, et al. Systems biology of the 2-cell mouse embryo. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2004;105:240-50 pubmed..These results provide a foundation for understanding molecular control at the onset of mammalian development. ..
- Englund C, Fink A, Lau C, Pham D, Daza R, Bulfone A, et al. Pax6, Tbr2, and Tbr1 are expressed sequentially by radial glia, intermediate progenitor cells, and postmitotic neurons in developing neocortex. J Neurosci. 2005;25:247-51 pubmed
- Sugiyama T, Osumi N, Katsuyama Y. A novel cell migratory zone in the developing hippocampal formation. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:3520-38 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we found intermingling of Prox1-expressing cells and Math2-expressing cells in a cell migratory stream, suggesting previously unknown behaviors of differentiating cells of the HF. ..
- Hasegawa Y, Yoshida D, Nakamura Y, Sakakibara S. Spatiotemporal distribution of SUMOylation components during mouse brain development. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:3020-36 pubmed publisher..This heterogeneous distribution implies that both proteins play a specific and unique role in the brain. ..
- Parchem R, Moore N, Fish J, Parchem J, Braga T, Shenoy A, et al. miR-302 Is Required for Timing of Neural Differentiation, Neural Tube Closure, and Embryonic Viability. Cell Rep. 2015;12:760-73 pubmed publisher..Our results show that mir-302 helps regulate neurulation by suppressing neural progenitor expansion and precocious differentiation. Furthermore, these results uncover redundant roles for mir-290 and mir-302 early in development. ..
- Chalupníková K, Solc P, Sulimenko V, Sedlacek R, Svoboda P. An oocyte-specific ELAVL2 isoform is a translational repressor ablated from meiotically competent antral oocytes. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:1187-200 pubmed publisher..Here, we report functional analysis of maternal ELAVL2 an AU-rich element binding protein...
- García Domínguez D, Morello D, Cisneros E, Kontoyiannis D, Frade J. Stabilization of Dll1 mRNA by Elavl1/HuR in neuroepithelial cells undergoing mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1227-39 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Elavl1/HuR facilitates the exposure of vertebrate neuronal precursors to apically located Delta/Notch signals. ..
- Gantt K, Jain R, Dudek R, Pekala P. HuB localizes to polysomes and alters C/EBP-beta expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:619-22 pubmedThe RNA binding protein HuB was ectopically expressed in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and localized primarily to the nucleus, as the cells differentiated HuB redistributed to the cytosol and on analysis localized to the dense polysomes...
- Qi C, Wheeler J, Pruett A, Pekala P. Expression of the RNA binding proteins, Mel-N1, Mel-N2, and Mel-N3 in adipose cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:329-33 pubmed..Our current work expands the potential function for this protein through demonstration of expression of the full-length message and splice variants in adipose tissue as well as preadipocyte and adipocyte cell lines. ..
- Abe R, Yamamoto K, Sakamoto H. Target specificity of neuronal RNA-binding protein, Mel-N1: direct binding to the 3' untranslated region of its own mRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:2011-6 pubmed
- Kato Y, Katsuki T, Kokubo H, Masuda A, Saga Y. Dazl is a target RNA suppressed by mammalian NANOS2 in sexually differentiating male germ cells. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11272 pubmed publisher..We propose a dual system of NANOS2-mediated suppression of Dazl expression as a pivotal molecular mechanism promoting sexual differentiation of XY germ cells. ..