Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eif6
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 6
Alias: 1110004P11, AA408895, CAB, Itgb4bp, eIF-6, imc-415, p27(BBP), p27BBP, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 6, B4 integrin interactor, integrin beta 4 binding protein
- Bai Y, Feng J, Zhang Q, Wu H, Du Y, Wei W. Effects of the eukaryotic initiation factor 6 gene on expression levels of inflammatory mediators in M2 macrophages during scar repair. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:819-24 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of the eukaryotic initiation factor 6 (eIF6) gene on the secretion of M2 macrophage fibrosis?associated factors and the expression levels of key proteases during scar repair...
- Shu Q, Tan J, Ulrike V, Zhang X, Yang J, Yang S, et al. Involvement of eIF6 in external mechanical stretch-mediated murine dermal fibroblast function via TGF-Î²1 pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:36075 pubmed publisher..Our previous experiments suggested that eukaryotic initiation factor 6 (eIF6) acted as a regulator of TGF-Î²1 expression, and negatively impact on collagen synthesis...
- Manfrini N, Ricciardi S, Miluzio A, Fedeli M, Scagliola A, Gallo S, et al. High levels of eukaryotic Initiation Factor 6 (eIF6) are required for immune system homeostasis and for steering the glycolytic flux of TCR-stimulated CD4+ T cells in both mice and humans. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;77:69-76 pubmed publisherEukaryotic Initiation Factor 6 (eIF6) is required for 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis and efficient initiation of translation...
- Clarke K, Ricciardi S, Pearson T, Bharudin I, Davidsen P, Bonomo M, et al. The Role of Eif6 in Skeletal Muscle Homeostasis Revealed by Endurance Training Co-expression Networks. Cell Rep. 2017;21:1507-1520 pubmed publisher..We discovered that knockdown of the mTOR-independent factor Eif6, which we predicted to be a key regulator of this process, affects mitochondrial respiration efficiency, ROS ..
- Biffo S, Sanvito F, Costa S, Preve L, Pignatelli R, Spinardi L, et al. Isolation of a novel beta4 integrin-binding protein (p27(BBP)) highly expressed in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:30314-21 pubmed..These results suggest that the p27(BBP) is an in vivo interactor of beta4, possibly linking beta4 to the intermediate filament cytoskeleton. ..