Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eif4g2
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4, gamma 2
Alias: DAP-5, E130105L11Rik, Nat1, Natm1, p97, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4 gamma 2, eIF-4-gamma 2, eIF-4G 2, eIF4G 2, eif4g2, novel APOBEC-1 target 1, translation repressor Nat1
- Shaughnessy J, Jenkins N, Copeland N. cDNA cloning, expression analysis, and chromosomal localization of a gene with high homology to wheat eIF-(iso)4F and mammalian eIF-4G. Genomics. 1997;39:192-7 pubmedA novel mammalian gene, Eif4g2, with a high degree of homology to the p82 subunit of the wheat germ eukaryotic translation initiation factor eIF-(iso)4F and mammalian eIF-4G has been isolated...
- Yamanaka S, Poksay K, Arnold K, Innerarity T. A novel translational repressor mRNA is edited extensively in livers containing tumors caused by the transgene expression of the apoB mRNA-editing enzyme. Genes Dev. 1997;11:321-33 pubmed..Using a modified differential display technique, we identified a novel mRNA (NAT1 for novel APOBEC-1 target no. 1) that is extensively edited at multiple sites in these livers...
- Mitsui K, Tokuzawa Y, Itoh H, Segawa K, Murakami M, Takahashi K, et al. The homeoprotein Nanog is required for maintenance of pluripotency in mouse epiblast and ES cells. Cell. 2003;113:631-42 pubmed..nanog-deficient ES cells lost pluripotency and differentiated into extraembryonic endoderm lineage. These data demonstrate that Nanog is a critical factor underlying pluripotency in both ICM and ES cells. ..
- Unhavaithaya Y, Hao Y, Beyret E, Yin H, Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Nakano T, et al. MILI, a PIWI-interacting RNA-binding protein, is required for germ line stem cell self-renewal and appears to positively regulate translation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6507-19 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that MILI may positively regulate translation and that such regulation is required for germ line stem cell self-renewal. ..
- Lamberti A, Sanges C, Chambery A, Migliaccio N, Rosso F, Di Maro A, et al. Analysis of interaction partners for eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1A M-domain by functional proteomics. Biochimie. 2011;93:1738-46 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, a co-localization of SORBS2 and eEF1A was evidenced at level of plasma membrane, thus suggesting the involvement of eEF1A1 in novel key signal transduction complexes. ..
- Zambrano A, GarcÃa Carpizo V, Villamuera R, Aranda A. Thyroid hormone increases bulk histones expression by enhancing translational efficiency. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:68-75 pubmed publisher..translation was associated with augmented transcription of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4 Î³2 (EIF4G2)...
- Levy Strumpf N, Kimchi A. Death associated proteins (DAPs): from gene identification to the analysis of their apoptotic and tumor suppressive functions. Oncogene. 1998;17:3331-40 pubmed