Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eif2s3y
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2, subunit 3, structural gene Y-linked
Alias: Eif-2gy, Spy, Tfy, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit 3, Y-linked, eIF-2-gamma Y, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit gamma, Y-linked, spermatogenesis Y, spermatogonial proliferation factor
- Matsubara Y, Kato T, Kashimada K, Tanaka H, Zhi Z, Ichinose S, et al. TALEN-Mediated Gene Disruption on Y Chromosome Reveals Critical Role of EIF2S3Y in Mouse Spermatogenesis. Stem Cells Dev. 2015;24:1164-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the generation of a mouse model with a mutation in EIF2S3Y, a Y chromosome-linked gene, and analysis of its phenotype...
- Sandstedt S, Tucker P. Evolutionary strata on the mouse X chromosome correspond to strata on the human X chromosome. Genome Res. 2004;14:267-72 pubmed..An analysis of smaller fragments of Smcy, Smcx, Zfy, and Zfx from seven species of Mus confirmed that the strata in Mus musculus were representative of the genus Mus. ..
- Li N, Mu H, Zheng L, Li B, Wu C, Niu B, et al. EIF2S3Y suppresses the pluripotency state and promotes the proliferation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:11321-31 pubmed publisherEukaryotic translation initiation factor 2, subunit 3, and structural gene Y-linked (EIF2S3Y) is essential for spermatogenesis in mouse models. However, its effect on embryonic stem (ES) cells remains unknown...
- Mather P, Holmes R. Biochemical genetics of aldehyde dehydrogenase isozymes in the mouse: evidence for stomach- and testis-specific isozymes. Biochem Genet. 1984;22:981-95 pubmed..This study, in combination with previous investigations on mouse aldehyde dehydrogenases, provides evidence for six genetic loci for this enzyme. ..
- Kobayashi S, Isotani A, Mise N, Yamamoto M, Fujihara Y, Kaseda K, et al. Comparison of gene expression in male and female mouse blastocysts revealed imprinting of the X-linked gene, Rhox5/Pem, at preimplantation stages. Curr Biol. 2006;16:166-72 pubmed..5-fold differences, four were expressed exclusively or nearly exclusively sex dependently. Two genes (Dby and Eif2s3y) were mapped to the Y chromosome and were expressed in male blastocysts...
- Jackson Grusby L, Kuo A, Leder P. A variant limb deformity transcript expressed in the embryonic mouse limb defines a novel formin. Genes Dev. 1992;6:29-37 pubmed..Moreover, the formin encoded by this transcript bears a highly acidic amino terminus, as distinguished from the basic amino terminus encoded by other ld transcripts suggesting that it may have a distinct biochemical function. ..