Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ehd2
Description: EH-domain containing 2
Alias: BC027084, C130052H20Rik, EH domain-containing protein 2
- Guilherme A, Soriano N, Furcinitti P, Czech M. Role of EHD1 and EHBP1 in perinuclear sorting and insulin-regulated GLUT4 recycling in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40062-75 pubmed..EHD1 is a member of a family of four closely related proteins (EHD1, EHD2, EHD3, and EHD4), which also contain a P-loop near the N terminus and a central coiled-coil domain...
- Naslavsky N, Caplan S. C-terminal EH-domain-containing proteins: consensus for a role in endocytic trafficking, EH?. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:4093-101 pubmed..EHD1, EHD2 and EHD4 have also been implicated in the internalization of receptors and their transport to early endosomes.
- Shah C, Hegde B, Morén B, Behrmann E, Mielke T, Moenke G, et al. Structural insights into membrane interaction and caveolar targeting of dynamin-like EHD2. Structure. 2014;22:409-420 pubmed publisherThe dynamin-related Eps15-homology domain-containing protein 2 (EHD2) is a membrane-remodeling ATPase that regulates the dynamics of caveolae...
- Chae T, Allen K, Davisson M, Sweet H, Walsh C. Mapping of the mouse hyh gene to a YAC/BAC contig on proximal Chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:239-44 pubmed..Our physical map and transcript map may be useful for positional cloning of genes in this unusually gene-rich region of the genome. ..
- Gudmundsson H, Hund T, Wright P, Kline C, Snyder J, Qian L, et al. EH domain proteins regulate cardiac membrane protein targeting. Circ Res. 2010;107:84-95 pubmed publisher..proteins and identified 4 members of a unique Eps15 homology (EH) domain-containing protein family (EHD1, EHD2, EHD3, EHD4) that serve critical roles in endosome-based membrane protein targeting in other cell types...