Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eef2
Description: eukaryotic translation elongation factor 2
Alias: Ef-2, elongation factor 2
- Im H, Nakajima A, Gong B, Xiong X, Mamiya T, Gershon E, et al. Post-training dephosphorylation of eEF-2 promotes protein synthesis for memory consolidation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7424 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel translational underpinning for protein synthesis pertinent to memory consolidation in the mammalian brain. ..
- Takei N, Kawamura M, Ishizuka Y, Kakiya N, Inamura N, Namba H, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances the basal rate of protein synthesis by increasing active eukaryotic elongation factor 2 levels and promoting translation elongation in cortical neurons. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26340-8 pubmed publisher..BDNF specifically increased the level of the active, unphosphorylated form of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 (eEF2)...
- Brown T, Fischer W, Collins M, De B, Scott W. Identification of a 100-kDa phosphoprotein in developing murine embryos as elongation factor 2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1994;309:105-10 pubmed..was identical to the N-terminal sequence of human, hamster and rat elongation factor 2 (EF-2). Western blotting analysis confirmed that the 100 kDa protein was EF-2...
- Schwer C, Lehane C, Guelzow T, Zenker S, Strosing K, Spassov S, et al. Thiopental inhibits global protein synthesis by repression of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 and protects from hypoxic neuronal cell death. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77258 pubmed publisher..Sensitivity to hypoxic damage was restored by pharmacologic repression of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 kinase...
- Karyo R, Eskira Y, Pinhasov A, Belmaker R, Agam G, Eldar Finkelman H. Identification of eukaryotic elongation factor-2 as a novel cellular target of lithium and glycogen synthase kinase-3. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;45:449-55 pubmed publisher..In summary, unexpectedly eEF-2 is activated by both lithium and GSK-3, whereas, lithium treatment and inhibition of GSK-3 have opposing effects on eEF-2. ..
- Burnicka Turek O, Shirneshan K, Paprotta I, Grzmil P, Meinhardt A, Engel W, et al. Inactivation of insulin-like factor 6 disrupts the progression of spermatogenesis at late meiotic prophase. Endocrinology. 2009;150:4348-57 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that INSL6 is required for the progression of spermatogenesis. ..
- Ryu J, Kim H, Lee S, Chang E, Kim H, Kim H. Proteomic identification of the TRAF6 regulation of vacuolar ATPase for osteoclast function. Proteomics. 2005;5:4152-60 pubmed..Our study identified V-ATPase as a TRAF6-binding protein using a proteomics strategy and proved a direct link between these two important molecules for osteoclast function. ..
- Satyamoorthy K, Howe C. The mouse elongation factor-2 gene: isolation and characterization of the promoter. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:401-12 pubmedb>Elongation factor 2 (EF-2) is a protein involved in peptide chain elongation in eukaryotes. We isolated the mouse EF-2 gene and characterized its promoter...
- Deng Z, Luo P, Lai W, Song T, Peng J, Wei H. Myostatin inhibits eEF2K-eEF2 by regulating AMPK to suppress protein synthesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:278-284 pubmed publisher..found that high concentrations of myostatin (2 and 3 ?g/mL) inhibited protein synthesis by blocking mTOR and eEF2K-eEF2 pathway, while low concentration of myostatin (0.01, 0...
- Liu S, Liu J, Ma Q, Cao L, Fattah R, Yu Z, et al. Solid tumor therapy by selectively targeting stromal endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E4079-87 pubmed publisher..The ability to give repeated doses of toxins, coupled with the specific targeting of tumor endothelial cells, suggests that our strategy should be efficacious for a wide range of solid tumors. ..
- Chen P, Huang Y. CPEB2-eEF2 interaction impedes HIF-1? RNA translation. EMBO J. 2012;31:959-71 pubmed publisher..protein, cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein (CPEB)2, interacts with the elongation factor, eEF2, to reduce eEF2/ribosome-triggered GTP hydrolysis in vitro and slow down peptide elongation of CPEB2-bound RNA in ..
- Liu L, Wise D, Diehl J, Simon M. Hypoxic reactive oxygen species regulate the integrated stress response and cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31153-62 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that although exogenous ROS inhibit mTOR, eIF2alpha, and eEF2, mTOR and eEF2 were largely refractory to ROS generated under moderate hypoxia (0.5% O(2))...
- González Terán B, Cortes J, Manieri E, Matesanz N, Verdugo Á, Rodriguez M, et al. Eukaryotic elongation factor 2 controls TNF-? translation in LPS-induced hepatitis. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:164-78 pubmed publisher..The MKK3/6-p38?/? pathway mediated an inhibitory phosphorylation of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 (eEF2) kinase, which in turn promoted eEF2 activation (dephosphorylation) and subsequent TNF-? elongation...
- Sakagami H, Nishimura H, Saito R, Kondo H. Transient up-regulation of elongation factor-2 kinase (Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase III) messenger RNA in developing mouse brain. Neurosci Lett. 2002;330:41-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that eEF-2K may be involved in early neuronal events such as proliferation, differentiation, and establishment of synaptic connections. ..
- Pelosi M, De Rossi M, Barberi L, Musaro A. IL-6 impairs myogenic differentiation by downmodulation of p90RSK/eEF2 and mTOR/p70S6K axes, without affecting AKT activity. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:206026 pubmed publisher..revealed that IL-6 induces the activation of the Stat3 signaling and promotes the downmodulation of the p90RSK/eEF2 and mTOR/p70S6K axes, while it does not affect the activation of AKT...