Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eef1a1
Description: eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 alpha 1
Alias: elongation factor 1-alpha 1, EF-1-alpha-1, EF-Tu, eEF1A-1, elongation factor 1 A-1, elongation factor Tu, eukaryotic elongation factor 1 A-1
- Lu X, Werner D. The complete cDNA sequence of mouse elongation factor 1 alpha (EF 1 alpha) mRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:442 pubmed
- Cambray S, Pedraza N, Rafel M, Garí E, Aldea M, Gallego C. Protein kinase KIS localizes to RNA granules and enhances local translation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:726-35 pubmed publisher..We propose that KIS is a component of the molecular device that modulates translation in RNA-transporting granules as a result of local signals. ..
- Umeda D, Yano S, Yamada K, Tachibana H. Green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate signaling pathway through 67-kDa laminin receptor. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3050-8 pubmed..Additionally, we found that eEF1A is up-regulated by EGCG through 67LR. Overall, these findings implicate both eEF1A and MYPT1 in EGCG signaling for cancer prevention through 67LR. ..
- Caratù G, Allegra D, Bimonte M, Schiattarella G, D Ambrosio C, Scaloni A, et al. Identification of the ligands of protein interaction domains through a functional approach. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:333-45 pubmed..These results suggest that the described approach can be used for the systematic screening of the ligands of various protein-protein interaction domains also by using different biological assays. ..
- Reddy N, Roth W, Bragg P, Wahba A. Isolation and mapping of a gene for protein synthesis initiation factor 4A and its expression during differentiation of murine erythroleukemia cells. Gene. 1988;70:231-43 pubmed
- Medrihan L, Sagi Y, Inde Z, Krupa O, Daniels C, Peyrache A, et al. Initiation of Behavioral Response to Antidepressants by Cholecystokinin Neurons of the Dentate Gyrus. Neuron. 2017;95:564-576.e4 pubmed publisher..Finally, inhibition of CCK neurons mimics the antidepressant behavioral effects of SSRIs, suggesting that these cells may represent a novel cellular target for the development of fast-acting antidepressant drugs. ..
- Stanley S, Domingos A, Kelly L, Garfield A, Damanpour S, HEISLER L, et al. Profiling of Glucose-Sensing Neurons Reveals that GHRH Neurons Are Activated by Hypoglycemia. Cell Metab. 2013;18:596-607 pubmed publisher..cre expression and mated them to mice with cre-dependent expression of an EGFP-tagged ribosomal protein construct (EEF1A1-LSL.EGFPL10) that can be used to map and profile cells...
- Lobry C, Ntziachristos P, Ndiaye Lobry D, Oh P, Cimmino L, Zhu N, et al. Notch pathway activation targets AML-initiating cell homeostasis and differentiation. J Exp Med. 2013;210:301-19 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a novel tumor suppressor role for Notch signaling in AML and elucidate the potential therapeutic use of Notch receptor agonists in the treatment of this devastating leukemia. ..
- Hessmann E, Schneider G, Ellenrieder V, Siveke J. MYC in pancreatic cancer: novel mechanistic insights and their translation into therapeutic strategies. Oncogene. 2016;35:1609-18 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide a perspective, how regulation of MYC in PDAC may contribute to the development of new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Kraushar M, Thompson K, Wijeratne H, Viljetić B, Sakers K, Marson J, et al. Temporally defined neocortical translation and polysome assembly are determined by the RNA-binding protein Hu antigen R. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E3815-24 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a crucial role for HuR in neocortical development as a translational gatekeeper for functionally related mRNA subgroups and polysomal protein specificity. ..
- Kido T, Lau Y. The human Y-encoded testis-specific protein interacts functionally with eukaryotic translation elongation factor eEF1A, a putative oncoprotein. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1573-85 pubmed publisher..Significantly, both eEF1A1 and eEF1A2 have postulated to be involved in various types of human cancer, including breast and prostate cancers...
- King B, Trimarchi T, Reavie L, Xu L, Mullenders J, Ntziachristos P, et al. The ubiquitin ligase FBXW7 modulates leukemia-initiating cell activity by regulating MYC stability. Cell. 2013;153:1552-66 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrated that small-molecule-mediated suppression of MYC activity leads to T-ALL remission, suggesting an effective therapeutic strategy. ..
- Chang R, Wang E. Mouse translation elongation factor eEF1A-2 interacts with Prdx-I to protect cells against apoptotic death induced by oxidative stress. J Cell Biochem. 2007;100:267-78 pubmed..Thus, our results suggest that eEF1A-2 interacts with Prdx-I to functionally provide cells with extraordinary resistance to oxidative stress-induced cell death. ..
- Hayakawa Y, Ariyama H, Stancikova J, Sakitani K, Asfaha S, Renz B, et al. Mist1 Expressing Gastric Stem Cells Maintain the Normal and Neoplastic Gastric Epithelium and Are Supported by a Perivascular Stem Cell Niche. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:800-814 pubmed publisher..Targeting Cxcr4, ILCs, or Wnt5a inhibits diffuse-type gastric carcinogenesis, providing targets within the neoplastic gastric stem cell niche. ..
- Lamberti A, Sanges C, Chambery A, Migliaccio N, Rosso F, Di Maro A, et al. Analysis of interaction partners for eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1A M-domain by functional proteomics. Biochimie. 2011;93:1738-46 pubmed publisher..of novel protein-protein interactions represents important tasks in post-genomic era, the interactome of eEF1A1 M-domain was investigated by using a proteomic approach...
- Lee S, Ann D, Wang E. Cloning of human and mouse brain cDNAs coding for S1, the second member of the mammalian elongation factor-1 alpha gene family: analysis of a possible evolutionary pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:1371-7 pubmed..These results indicate that mouse and man contain a second member of the EF-1 alpha gene family, the S1 gene. They also suggest that our result obtained in rat may be extrapolated to mouse and man. ..
- Nagata S, Nagashima K, Tsunetsugu Yokota Y, Fujimura K, Miyazaki M, Kaziro Y. Polypeptide chain elongation factor 1 alpha (EF-1 alpha) from yeast: nucleotide sequence of one of the two genes for EF-1 alpha from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 1984;3:1825-30 pubmed..wt. of 50 300. The derived amino acid sequence showed homologies of 31% and 32% with yeast mitochondrial EF-Tu and E. coli EF-Tu, respectively. ..
- Stellas D, Szabolcs M, Koul S, Li Z, Polyzos A, Anagnostopoulos C, et al. Therapeutic effects of an anti-Myc drug on mouse pancreatic cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014;106: pubmed publisher..2Â±5.8 mg vs 230.2Â±43.9 mg, P < .001). These results provide strong justification for eventual clinical evaluation of anti-Myc drugs as potential chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of PDA. ..
- Ryu J, Kim H, Lee S, Chang E, Kim H, Kim H. Proteomic identification of the TRAF6 regulation of vacuolar ATPase for osteoclast function. Proteomics. 2005;5:4152-60 pubmed..Our study identified V-ATPase as a TRAF6-binding protein using a proteomics strategy and proved a direct link between these two important molecules for osteoclast function. ..
- Klinakis A, Szabolcs M, Chen G, Xuan S, Hibshoosh H, Efstratiadis A. Igf1r as a therapeutic target in a mouse model of basal-like breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2359-64 pubmed publisher..PPP also was effective against xenografts of the human basal-like cancer cell line MDA-MB-231, which carries a KRAS(G13D) mutation. ..
- Whiteheart S, Shenbagamurthi P, Chen L, Cotter R, Hart G. Murine elongation factor 1 alpha (EF-1 alpha) is posttranslationally modified by novel amide-linked ethanolamine-phosphoglycerol moieties. Addition of ethanolamine-phosphoglycerol to specific glutamic acid residues on EF-1 alpha. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:14334-41 pubmed..This novel posttranslational modification may represent an important alteration of EF-1 alpha, comparable to the regulatory effects of posttranslational methylation of EF-1 alpha lysine residues...
- Ishiguro T, Nakajima M, Naito M, Muto T, Tsuruo T. Identification of genes differentially expressed in B16 murine melanoma sublines with different metastatic potentials. Cancer Res. 1996;56:875-9 pubmed..TI-241 may regulate the expression of various genes as a transcription factor in the complex process of metastasis. ..
- Pan J, Ruest L, Xu S, Wang E. Immuno-characterization of the switch of peptide elongation factors eEF1A-1/EF-1alpha and eEF1A-2/S1 in the central nervous system during mouse development. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;149:1-8 pubmed..Furthermore, no elongation factor 1A is present in wasted mutant mice neurons following the developmental switch, indicating that the genetic regulation silencing eEF1A-1/EF-1alpha is still functional. ..
- Li H, Su Y, Cheng T, Xu J, Liao J, Chen J, et al. The interaction between interferon-induced protein with tetratricopeptide repeats-1 and eukaryotic elongation factor-1A. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;337:101-10 pubmed publisher..7 cells, and most of those cells are induced to death by the end of investigations. Our results imply that under some stressful stimulations IFIT1 may participate in cell death pathways by interaction with eEF1A. ..
- Chen X, Zhang B, Zhao Y, Liu P, Zhou Y. EF1? is a suitable housekeeping gene for RT-qPCR analysis during osteogenic differentiation of mouse bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Acta Biochim Pol. 2013;60:381-6 pubmed..Under normal osteogenic differentiation conditions, EF1?, 18S rRNA, and RPL 13a are suitable housekeeping genes for RT-qPCR analysis. However, EF1? is the only suitable gene upon CCG-4986 treatment. ..
- Vera M, Pani B, Griffiths L, Muchardt C, Abbott C, Singer R, et al. The translation elongation factor eEF1A1 couples transcription to translation during heat shock response. elife. 2014;3:e03164 pubmed publisher..b>eEF1A1 then associates with elongating RNA polymerase II and the 3'UTR of HSP70 mRNA, stabilizing it and facilitating its ..
- Roeseler D, Sachdev S, Buckley D, Joshi T, Wu D, Xu D, et al. Elongation factor 1 alpha1 and genes associated with Usher syndromes are downstream targets of GBX2. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47366 pubmed publisher..Several of the top candidate genes include EEF1A1, ROBO1, PLXNA4, SLIT3, NRP1, and NOTCH2, as well as genes associated with the Usher syndrome, PCDH15 and USH2A, ..
- Nandan D, Cherkasov A, Sabouti R, Yi T, Reiner N. Molecular cloning, biochemical and structural analysis of elongation factor-1 alpha from Leishmania donovani: comparison with the mammalian homologue. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;302:646-52 pubmed..Since EF-1 alpha is essential for survival, the distinct biochemical and structural properties of Leishmania EF-1 alpha may provide a novel target for drug development. ..
- Nakajima M, GÃ¶rlich A, Heintz N. Oxytocin modulates female sociosexual behavior through a specific class of prefrontal cortical interneurons. Cell. 2014;159:295-305 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a gender-, cell type-, and state-specific role for OT/Oxtr signaling in the mPFC and identify a latent cortical circuit element that may modulate other complex social behaviors in response to OT. ..
- Salinas E, Byrum S, Moreland L, Mackintosh S, Tackett A, Forrest J. Identification of Viral and Host Proteins That Interact with Murine Gammaherpesvirus 68 Latency-Associated Nuclear Antigen during Lytic Replication: a Role for Hsc70 in Viral Replication. J Virol. 2016;90:1397-413 pubmed publisher..These experiments expand the known LANA-binding proteins to include MHV68 lytic replication and demonstrate a previously unappreciated role for Hsc70 in regulating viral replication. ..
- Li Z, Kelly L, Heiman M, Greengard P, Friedman J. Hypothalamic Amylin Acts in Concert with Leptin to Regulate Food Intake. Cell Metab. 2015;22:1059-67 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a potential mechanism for the increased efficacy of a metreleptin/pramlintide combination therapy for obesity. ..
- Brands J, Maassen J, Van Hemert F, Amons R, Moller W. The primary structure of the alpha subunit of human elongation factor 1. Structural aspects of guanine-nucleotide-binding sites. Eur J Biochem. 1986;155:167-71 pubmed..An inventory of amino acid sequences around the guanine-nucleotide-binding site in elongation factor Tu from Escherichia coli and homologous amino acid sequences in G proteins, initiation and elongation factors ..
- Rao T, Slobin L. Structure of the amino-terminal end of mammalian elongation factor Tu. Nucleic Acids Res. 1986;14:2409 pubmed
- Pitt L, Tikhonova A, Hu H, Trimarchi T, King B, Gong Y, et al. CXCL12-Producing Vascular Endothelial Niches Control Acute T Cell Leukemia Maintenance. Cancer Cell. 2015;27:755-68 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a T-ALL niche and suggest targeting CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling as a powerful therapeutic approach for T-ALL. ..
- Stoianov A, Robson D, Hetherington A, Sawyez C, Borradaile N. Elongation Factor 1A-1 Is a Mediator of Hepatocyte Lipotoxicity Partly through Its Canonical Function in Protein Synthesis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131269 pubmed publisher..This resulted in decreased palmitate-induced cell death. Our data implicate eEF1A-1, and its function in protein synthesis, in hepatocyte lipotoxicity. ..