Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ednra
Description: endothelin receptor type A
Alias: AEA001, ET-AR, ETa, Gpcr10, Mhdaaea1, endothelin-1 receptor, ET-A, G-protein coupled receptor 10, endothelin A receptor
- PlexinD1 and semaphorin signaling are required in endothelial cells for cardiovascular developmentAaron D Gitler
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, 954 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 7:107-16. 2004..Thus, molecular programs that mediate axon guidance in the central nervous system also function in endothelial cells to orchestrate critical aspects of cardiac morphogenesis...
- Deletion of the endothelin-A receptor gene within the developing mandibleLouis Bruno Ruest
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology and the Birth Defects Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 40292, USA
Cell Tissue Res 319:447-53. 2005Signaling from the endothelin-A (Ednra) receptor is responsible for initiating multiple signaling pathways within neural crest cells (NCCs)...
- The canonical Wnt signaling activator, R-spondin2, regulates craniofacial patterning and morphogenesis within the branchial arch through ectodermal-mesenchymal interactionYong Ri Jin
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Maine Medical Center, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Dev Biol 352:1-13. 2011..Thus, our study identifies Rspo2 as a mesenchyme-derived factor that plays critical roles in regulating BA1 patterning and morphogenesis through ectodermal-mesenchymal interaction and a novel genetic factor for cleft palate...
- Cardiomyocyte-specific endothelin A receptor knockout mice have normal cardiac function and an unaltered hypertrophic response to angiotensin II and isoproterenolRafal M Kedzierski
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8226-32. 2003..Mice with a null mutation in endothelin A receptor gene (ET(A)) or in the gene of its ligand (endothelin 1) die neonatally due to craniofacial and cardiac ..
- Cranial and cardiac neural crest defects in endothelin-A receptor-deficient miceD E Clouthier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Development 125:813-24. 1998..Here we demonstrate that mice deficient for one type of endothelin receptor, ETA, mimic the human conditions collectively termed CATCH 22 or velocardiofacial syndrome, which include severe ..
- Dual genetic pathways of endothelin-mediated intercellular signaling revealed by targeted disruption of endothelin converting enzyme-1 geneH Yanagisawa
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75235 9050, USA
Development 125:825-36. 1998..exhibited craniofacial and cardiac abnormalities virtually identical to the defects seen in ET-1 and endothelin A receptor (ETA)-deficient embryos...
- Endothelins are vascular-derived axonal guidance cues for developing sympathetic neuronsTakako Makita
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 452:759-63. 2008..1), acting through the endothelin receptor EdnrA (refs 2, 3), directs extension of axons of a subset of sympathetic neurons from the superior cervical ganglion to ..
- An endothelin-1 switch specifies maxillomandibular identityTakahiro Sato
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18806-11. 2008..The endothelin-1 (Edn1)/endothelin receptor type-A (Ednra)-->Dlx5/6-->Hand2 signaling pathway is necessary for lower jaw formation...
- Endothelin-2 signaling in the neural retina promotes the endothelial tip cell state and inhibits angiogenesisAmir Rattner
Departments of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Neuroscience, and Ophthalmology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E3830-9. 2013..The response to Edn2 is sufficiently potent that it overrides the activities of other homeostatic regulators of angiogenesis, such as Vegf. ..
- Viable Ednra Y129F mice feature human mandibulofacial dysostosis with alopecia (MFDA) syndrome due to the homologue mutationSibylle Sabrautzki
Institute of Experimental Genetics and German Mouse Clinic, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health GmbH, Ingolstadter Landstr 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 27:587-598. 2016..dominant mouse model carrying a non-synonymous sequence variation within the endothelin receptor type A gene (Ednra c.386A>T, p.Tyr129Phe) derived by an ENU mutagenesis program...
- Involvement of α₂-adrenoceptors, imidazoline, and endothelin-A receptors in the effect of agmatine on morphine and oxycodone-induced hypothermia in miceShaifali Bhalla
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chicago College of Pharmacy, Midwestern University, 555 31st Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 27:498-509. 2013..Imidazoline receptors and α₂-adrenoceptors are involved in agmatine-induced reversal of oxycodone hypothermia. Our findings also suggest that ET(A) receptors may be involved in blockade of oxycodone hypothermia by agmatine...
- Endothelin regulates neural crest deployment and fate to form great vessels through Dlx5/Dlx6-independent mechanismsKi Sung Kim
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mech Dev 130:553-66. 2013..In craniofacial development, Edn1 binds to Endothelin type-A receptor (Ednra) to induce homeobox genes Dlx5/Dlx6 and determines the mandibular identity in the first pharyngeal arch...
- β-arrestin-1 drives endothelin-1-mediated podocyte activation and sustains renal injurySimona Buelli
IRCCS Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Centro Anna Maria Astori, Bergamo, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 25:523-33. 2014....
- Smooth muscle specific disruption of the endothelin-A receptor in mice reduces arterial pressure, and vascular reactivity and affects vascular developmentAnthony J Donato
George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, 500 Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, University of Utah, 30 N 1900 E AB193 SOM, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 0001, USA
Life Sci 118:238-43. 2014The role of vascular smooth muscle endothelin A receptors (ETA) in development and normal physiology remains incompletely understood. To address this, mice were generated with smooth muscle-specific knockout (KO) of ETA.
- Targeting endothelin receptors A and B attenuates the inflammatory response and improves locomotor function following spinal cord injury in miceJian Guo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ningbo Beilun People Hospital, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315800, P R China
Int J Mol Med 34:74-82. 2014..The findings of the present study therefore suggested an association between ETAR and ETBR in regulating early pathogenesis of SCI and determining the outcomes of long‑term neurological recovery...
- Venous endothelin guides sympathetic innervation of the developing mouse heartEleana Manousiouthakis
1 Developmental Neuroscience Program, The Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA 2
Nat Commun 5:3918. 2014..of these routes is determined by venous endothelium-derived endothelin-1, acting through its specific receptor Ednra expressed within a subpopulation of STG neurons...
- Essential role of sympathetic endothelin A receptors for adverse cardiac remodelingLorenz H Lehmann
Research Unit Cardiac Epigenetics, Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany DZHK German Centre for Cardiovascular Research, partner site Heidelberg Mannheim, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:13499-504. 2014In preclinical studies, endothelin receptor A (ETA) antagonists (ETAi) attenuated the progression of heart failure (HF). However, clinical HF trials failed to demonstrate beneficial effects of ETAi...
- Association between endothelin-1/endothelin receptor A and inflammation in mouse kidneys following acute ischemia/reperfusionJie Niu
Morphology Laboratory of Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, Henan 453003, P R China
Mol Med Rep 11:3981-7. 2015..Expression of endothelin‑1 (ET‑1) and its receptor ETA were also reported to be involved in the development of acute and chronic renal disease...
- Mutations in the endothelin receptor type A cause mandibulofacial dysostosis with alopeciaChristopher T Gordon
INSERM UMR 1163, Institut Imagine, Paris 75015, France Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Institut Imagine, Paris 75015, France Electronic address
Am J Hum Genet 96:519-31. 2015The endothelin receptor type A (EDNRA) signaling pathway is essential for the establishment of mandibular identity during development of the first pharyngeal arch...
- Developmental genetic bases behind the independent origin of the tympanic membrane in mammals and diapsidsTaro Kitazawa
1 Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan 2 Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency JST, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 0076, Japan
Nat Commun 6:6853. 2015..We propose that differences in connection and release by various pharyngeal skeletal elements resulted in structural diversity, leading to the acquisition of the tympanic membrane in two distinct manners during amniote evolution. ..
- Postotic and preotic cranial neural crest cells differently contribute to thyroid developmentKazuhiro Maeda
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Dev Biol 409:72-83. 2016..Therefore, not only the postotic CNC, but also the preotic CNC plays an important role in thyroid morphogenesis. ..
- ETA and ETB receptors are expressed in vascular adventitial fibroblastsRyan Boyd
Department of Community Health Sciences, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H2271-8. 2011..The ET(A) receptor subtype mediates collagen I expression, whereas the ET(B) receptor subtype may play a protective role through increasing the clearance of the ET-1 peptide...
- Collecting duct-specific endothelin B receptor knockout increases ENaC activityVladislav Bugaj
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C188-94. 2012..ET-1 significantly decreased ENaC open probability in CD isolated from wild-type (WT) and CD ETA KO mice but not CD ETB KO and CD ETA/B KO mice...
- Transforming growth factor-β regulates endothelin-1 signaling in the newborn mouse lung during hypoxia exposureNelida Olave
Department of Pediatrics, Univ of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L857-65. 2012..ETAR blockade improves function but not development of the hypoxic newborn lung. Reduction of ET-1 via inhibition of TGF-β signaling indicates that TGF-β is upstream of ET-1 during hypoxia-induced signaling in the newborn lung...
- Asymmetric requirement of surface epithelial β-catenin during the upper and lower jaw developmentYe Sun
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 241:663-74. 2012..In this study, we report an unexpected stage- and tissue-specific function of β-catenin during mammalian jaw development...
- Disruption of the endothelin A receptor in the nephron causes mild fluid volume expansionDeborah Stuart
Division of Nephrology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 1900 East 30 North, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
BMC Nephrol 13:166. 2012Endothelin, via endothelin A receptors (ETA), exerts multiple pathologic effects that contribute to disease pathogenesis throughout the body...
- Cardiac-specific knockout of ET(A) receptor mitigates low ambient temperature-induced cardiac hypertrophy and contractile dysfunctionYingmei Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
J Mol Cell Biol 4:97-107. 2012..These data suggest that ETAKO protects against cold exposure-induced cardiac remodeling and dysfunction mediated through TRPV1 and mitochondrial function...
- Endothelin-1 induces itch and pain in the mouse cheek modelLenyta Oliveira Gomes
Department of Pharmacology, Center of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Life Sci 91:628-33. 2012..This study reexamines these sensory effects of ET-1 in the new mouse cheek model, in which pruritogens and algogens evoke distinct behavioral responses...
- Combined knockout of collecting duct endothelin A and B receptors causes hypertension and sodium retentionYuqiang Ge
Division of Nephrology, Univ of Utah Health Sciences Center, 1900 East, 30 North, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1635-40. 2008..CD-specific knockout (KO) of ET-1 causes hypertension, CD-specific KO of the ETA receptor does not alter BP, while CD-specific KO of the ETB receptor increases BP to a lesser extent than CD ET-1 ..
- ADP-ribosyl cyclase and ryanodine receptors mediate endothelin ETA and ETB receptor-induced renal vasoconstriction in vivoTiffany L Thai
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7545, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F360-8. 2008..We hypothesized that this signaling pathway is activated by ETA and ETB receptors in the renal vasculature to mediate vasoconstriction in vivo...
- Paracrine regulation of the resumption of oocyte meiosis by endothelin-1Kazuhiro Kawamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Dev Biol 327:62-70. 2009..hormone-receptor pairs, we found increases in ovarian transcripts for endothelin-1 and endothelin receptor type A (EDNRA) in response to the preovulatory luteinizing hormone (LH)/human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) stimulation...
- Elucidating timing and function of endothelin-A receptor signaling during craniofacial development using neural crest cell-specific gene deletion and receptor antagonismLouis Bruno Ruest
Department of Craniofacial Biology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dev Biol 328:94-108. 2009..signaling cascades participate in patterning cranial NCCs, some of which are regulated by endothelin-A receptor (Ednra) signaling...
- Deficiency in Six2 during prenatal development is associated with reduced nephron number, chronic renal failure, and hypertension in Br/+ adult miceBen Fogelgren
Deptartment of Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F1166-78. 2009..Defects are associated with embryological deficiencies of Six2, suggesting that proper levels of this protein during nephrogenesis are critical for normal glomerular development and adult renal function...
- Bosentan enhances viral load via endothelin-1 receptor type-A-mediated p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation while improving cardiac function during coxsackievirus-induced myocarditisDavid Marchant
The James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Research, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Providence Heart and Lung Institute, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, BC V6Z1Y6, Canada
Circ Res 104:813-21. 2009..Caution must be exercised during treatment of suspected infectious myocarditis with supportive vasoactive remedies...
- Endothelin antagonism in portal hypertensive mice: implications for endothelin receptor-specific signaling in liver diseaseHong Qiang Feng
Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, The University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8887, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G27-33. 2009..The data imply a relationship between hepatic fibrogenesis or fibrosis and vasomotor responses...
- Expression and localization of endothelin-1 and its receptors in the spiral ganglion neurons of mouseTao Liu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, No 37 Guo Xue Xiang, 610041, Chengdu, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:739-45. 2009..The present results suggest that ET-1 may play physiological roles in the spiral ganglion cells via ETAR and ETBR...
- Dissecting the functional significance of endothelin A receptors in peripheral nociceptors in vivo via conditional gene deletionSebastian Stösser
Institute for Pharmacology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pain 148:206-14. 2010..These results help understand the role of ET(A) receptors in complex biological processes and peripheral cell-cell interactions involved in inflammatory and tumor-associated pain...
- ETAR antagonist ZD4054 exhibits additive effects with aromatase inhibitors and fulvestrant in breast cancer therapy, and improves in vivo efficacy of anastrozoleMartin Smollich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48129, Munster, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:345-57. 2010Endothelin-1 (ET-1) and endothelin A receptor (ETAR) contribute to the development and progression of breast carcinomas by modulating cell proliferation, angiogenesis, and anti-apoptosis...
- Endothelin-1 receptor blockade induces upregulation of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system expression in terms of blood pressure regulation- Bo Yang
Department of Cardiology, Chinese PLA People s Liberation Army General Hospital, No 28, Fu xing Road, Beijing 100853, China
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 11:119-23. 2010..To compare the level of expression of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) in mice with or without the endothelin-1 receptor antagonist bosentan and to examine the potential value in blood pressure regulation...
- Identification of a novel role for endothelins within the oviductMyoungKun Jeoung
Division of Clinical and Reproductive Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Endocrinology 151:2858-67. 2010..Overall, these results suggest a novel and requisite role for endothelins within the oviduct during fertilization and/or early embryo development...
- Low blood pressure in endothelial cell-specific endothelin 1 knockout miceYaz Y Kisanuki
Departments of Molecular Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Tex75390 8584, USA
Hypertension 56:121-8. 2010..Taken in conjunction with other lines of genetically altered mice, our results provide evidence for a paracrine vasoregulatory pathway mediated by endothelial cell-derived ET-1 acting on the vascular smooth muscle ET(A) receptor...
- Selective in vivo antagonism of endothelin receptors in transforming growth factor-beta1 transgenic mice that mimic the vascular pathology of Alzheimer's diseasePanayiota Papadopoulos
Laboratory of Cerebrovascular Research, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:652-60. 2010..Here we studied the effects of chronic treatments with selective ETA (ABT-627) or ETB (A-192621) receptor antagonist on cerebrovascular reactivity, cerebral perfusion, or memory ..
- Endothelin receptor type A expression defines a distinct cardiac subdomain within the heart field and is later implicated in chamber myocardium formationRieko Asai
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 137:3823-33. 2010..identify in the mouse a subpopulation of the first (crescent-forming) field marked by endothelin receptor type A (Ednra) gene expression, which contributes to chamber myocardium through a unique type of cell behavior...
- The role of endothelin receptor A during myelination of developing oligodendrocytesKyung Jin Jung
Department of Anatomy, Institute for Brain Research, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 26:92-9. 2011Endothelin (ET)-1 and its receptors (ETA and ETB receptor) are present in the central nervous system. ET exerts biological effects on gliogenesis and glial cell functions...
- Identification and developmental analysis of endothelin receptor type-A expressing cells in the mouse kidneyTaro Kitazawa
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Gene Expr Patterns 11:371-7. 2011..function and various disease processes through two distinct G protein-coupled receptors, Edn receptors type-A (Ednra) and type-B (Ednrb)...
- Roles for the winged helix transcription factors MF1 and MFH1 in cardiovascular development revealed by nonallelic noncomplementation of null allelesG E Winnier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, 37232 2175, USA
Dev Biol 213:418-31. 1999..Implications for the development of human congenital heart defects are discussed...
- Endothelin-A receptor-dependent and -independent signaling pathways in establishing mandibular identityLouis Bruno Ruest
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology and the Birth Defects Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Development 131:4413-23. 2004..Endothelin-A receptor (Ednra) signaling in crest cells is crucial for their development, as Ednra(-/-) mice are born with severe craniofacial ..
- Cardiac outflow tract defects in mice lacking ALK2 in neural crest cellsVesa Kaartinen
Developmental Biology Program, The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Departments of Pathology and Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Development 131:3481-90. 2004..Thus, the type I BMP receptor ALK2 plays an essential cell-autonomous role in the development of the cardiac outflow tract and aortic arch derivatives...
- Cardia bifida, defective heart development and abnormal neural crest migration in embryos lacking hypoxia-inducible factor-1alphaVeerle Compernolle
Flanders Interuniversitary Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Cardiovasc Res 60:569-79. 2003..We attempted to further characterize the underlying mechanisms resulting in abnormal cardiogenesis and defective angiogenesis in mice deficient for HIF-1alpha (HIF-1alpha(-/-))...
- Increased gene expression and production of murine endothelin receptors after birthJavier Adur
Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:700-6. 2003..These findings were corroborated through observation of the correlation between the gene expression and (poly)peptide production of the ET system in normal skin before and after parturition...
- The role of neural crest during cardiac development in a mouse model of DiGeorge syndromeLazaros Kochilas
Cardiovascular Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Dev Biol 251:157-66. 2002..Based on our studies, we propose that Lgdel genes are required for the expression of soluble signals that regulate neural crest cell differentiation...
- Targeted disruption of semaphorin 3C leads to persistent truncus arteriosus and aortic arch interruptionL Feiner
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Development 128:3061-70. 2001..Their entry is disrupted in semaphorin 3C mutant mice. These data suggest that semaphorin 3C promotes crest cell migration into the proximal cardiac outflow tract...
- beta -Arrestin-mediated recruitment of the Src family kinase Yes mediates endothelin-1-stimulated glucose transportT Imamura
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0673, USA
J Biol Chem 276:43663-7. 2001The insulin and the endothelin type A (ETA) receptor both can couple into the heterotrimeric G protein alpha(q/11) (Galpha(q/11)), leading to Galpha(q/11) tyrosine phosphorylation, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation, and subsequent ..
- Endothelin in the central control of cardiovascular and respiratory functionsT Kuwaki
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 26:989-94. 1999..To address this question, we examined ABP and ventilation in mutant mice deficient in ET-1, ETA and ETB receptors and endothelin-converting enzyme-1, which were made by gene targeting. 2...
- Temporal requirement of signaling cascade involving endothelin-1/endothelin receptor type A in branchial arch developmentShigetomo Fukuhara
Department of Integrative Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Mech Dev 121:1223-33. 2004..epithelium and core mesenchyme, acts on cranial neural crest-derived ectomesenchymcal cells expressing endothelin A receptor (ETAR) and regulates expression of crucial genes such as Dlx6, a member of distalless homeobox gene family,..
- Elevation of blood pressure by genetic and pharmacological disruption of the ETB receptor in miceT Ohuchi
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113, Japan
Am J Physiol 276:R1071-7. 1999Exogenously administered endothelin (ET) elicits both pressor and depressor responses through the ETA and/or the ETB receptor on vascular smooth muscle cells and ETB on endothelial cells...
- Gene expression of vasoactive intestinal contractor/endothelin-2 in ovary, uterus and embryo: comprehensive gene expression profiles of the endothelin ligand-receptor system revealed by semi-quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction anaT Uchide
National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Agency of Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
J Mol Endocrinol 22:161-71. 1999..Gene expression of ET-1, ET-3, ETA and ETB was ubiquitous in almost all tissues we examined while gene expression of VIC was localized to certain ..
- Endothelin ETA receptor blockade restores NO-mediated endothelial function and inhibits atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceM Barton
Cardiology, University Hospital Zürich and Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14367-72. 1998..mice and C57BL/6 control mice were treated with a Western-type diet to accelerate atherosclerosis with or without ETA receptor antagonist LU135252 (50 mg/kg/d) for 30 wk...
- Role of Endothelin-1/Endothelin-A receptor-mediated signaling pathway in the aortic arch patterning in miceH Yanagisawa
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75235 9050, USA
J Clin Invest 102:22-33. 1998..generated from its inactive precursor by endothelin-converting enzyme-1 (ECE-1) and acts on the endothelin-A (ETA) receptor...
- Gene expression of bone matrix proteins and endothelin receptors in endothelin-1-deficient mice revealed by in situ hybridizationY Kitano
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 13:237-44. 1998..and whether expression of bone matrix genes are modulated by ET-1, we examined gene expression of ET-1 receptors, ETA and ETB, and that of the bone matrix proteins, osteonectin (ON) and osteopontin (OP), both in the head regions of ..
- Multiple roles for endothelin in melanocyte development: regulation of progenitor number and stimulation of differentiationK Reid
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Development 122:3911-9. 1996..These findings indicate two key roles for endothelin in melanocyte development: regulation of expansion of the progenitor pool and differentiation of progenitors into mature melanocytes...
- Gene expression of endothelin isoforms and receptors in endothelin-1 knockout miceK Maemura
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 26:S17-21. 1995..Neither compensation by redundant expression of other ET isoforms nor upregulation of ET receptors could explain the elevated blood pressure in Edn1+/- heterozygous mice...
- Regulation of retinoblastoma gene expression in a mouse mammary tumor modelE G Hanania
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 2:251-61. 1995..Our studies provide experimental data to confirm that loss of RB gene activity is involved in neoplastic transformation of cells and support the multistep theory of carcinogenesis...
- Roles of forkhead transcription factor Foxc2 (MFH-1) and endothelin receptor A in cardiovascular morphogenesisNaoko Kanzaki-Kato
Department of Biochemistry, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 65:711-8. 2005..Endothelin receptor type-A (ETA) is one of the two known endothelin receptors that belong to the G-protein-coupled receptor family...
- Transcriptional regulation during development of the ductus arteriosusKathryn N Ivey
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Circ Res 103:388-95. 2008....
- Increased endothelin and endothelin receptor mRNA expression in polycystic kidneys of cpk miceT Nakamura
Department of Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1064-72. 1993..4-fold more than controls at 3 wk. ET-3 mRNA levels did not differ between cystic and control mice. Renal ETA and ETB receptor mRNA increased gradually in cystic mice with the progression of their cysts, reaching 4.2- and 6...
- Recombinase-mediated cassette exchange reveals the selective use of Gq/G11-dependent and -independent endothelin 1/endothelin type A receptor signaling in pharyngeal arch developmentTakahiro Sato
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 135:755-65. 2008The endothelin (Edn) system comprises three ligands (Edn1, Edn2 and Edn3) and their G-protein-coupled type A (Ednra) and type B (Ednrb) receptors...
- Altered role of smooth muscle endothelin receptors in coronary endothelin-1 and alpha1-adrenoceptor-mediated vasoconstriction in Type 2 diabetesS B Bender
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2281-8. 2007..Therefore, in this model, enhanced coronary ET-1 responsiveness is mediated primarily through smooth muscle ET(B) receptors, whereas the interaction with alpha(1)-ARs is mediated solely through the ET(A) receptor subtype...
- Combined targeting of endothelin A receptor and epidermal growth factor receptor in ovarian cancer shows enhanced antitumor activityLaura Rosanò
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Cancer Res 67:6351-9. 2007..The cross-signaling between the EGFR/ET(A)R pathways provides a rationale to combine EGFR inhibitors with ET(A)R antagonists, identifying new effective therapeutic opportunities for ovarian cancer...
- The expression of endothelin type A and B receptors in the lateral wall of the mouse cochleaYan Luo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Cell Mol Biol Lett 12:595-603. 2007....
- Fate of cranial neural crest cells during craniofacial development in endothelin-A receptor-deficient miceMakoto Abe
Department of Craniofacial Biology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Int J Dev Biol 51:97-105. 2007..Multiple factors direct the patterning of these NCCs, including endothelin-1-mediated endothelin A receptor (Edn1/Ednra) signaling...
- Expression of endothelin receptors in frog, chicken, mouse and human pigment cellsAna Cristina Scarparo
Departamento de Fisiologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 147:640-6. 2007..RT-PCR was performed with specific primers for ETC, ETA(X) or ETA in Xenopus laevis melanophores, ETA or ETB(2) in chicken melanocytes, ETA or ETB in murine (B-16, S-91 or ..
- Collecting duct-specific knockout of the endothelin B receptor causes hypertension and sodium retentionYuqiang Ge
Division of Nephrology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 1900 East, 30 North, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F1274-80. 2006..Systolic BP in mice with CD-specific knockout of the ETB receptor, ETA receptor (CD ETA KO) and ET-1 (CD ET-1 KO), and their respective controls were compared during normal- and high-..
- Blood pressure regulation by ETA and ETB receptors in conscious, telemetry-instrumented mice and role of ETA in hypertension produced by selective ETB blockadeRyan M Fryer
Department of Integrative Pharmacology, R46R, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6119, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2554-9. 2006....
- Collecting duct-specific knockout of the endothelin A receptor alters renal vasopressin responsiveness, but not sodium excretion or blood pressureYuqiang Ge
Division of Nephrology, Univ of Utah Health Sciences Center, 1900 East, 30 North, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F692-8. 2005..Furthermore, the CD ET(A) receptor does not appear to be involved in modulation of systemic blood pressure or renal Na excretion under physiological conditions...
- Inhibitory effects of a selective endothelin-A receptor antagonist YM598 on endothelin-1-induced potentiation of nociception in formalin-induced and prostate cancer-induced pain models in miceHironori Yuyama
Pharmacology Laboratories, Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S479-82. 2004..These results suggest that selective endothelin-A receptor antagonists relieve pain in patients with various diseases in which ET-1 production increases (e.g. prostate cancer)...
- Endothelin receptor pharmacology and function in the mouse: comparison with rat and manKatherine E Wiley
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S4-6. 2004..The endothelin-A (ETA) selective antagonist bound to mouse heart with two affinities, yielding a KDETA of 1.1 +/- 0...
- Real-time polymerase chain reaction quantification of gene expression levels of murine endothelin-A and endothelin-B receptors: gene expression profiles by the standard curve methodJavier Adur
Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S321-8. 2004A rapid analysis method for murine endothelin-A (ETA) and endothelin-B (ETB) receptor gene expression levels was established using real-time quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction...
- Down-regulation of ETA receptors in ETB receptor-deficient miceAnthony P Davenport
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Centre for Clinical Investigation, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S276-8. 2004Autoradiographical images of whole body sections from control mice (29 +/- 3 days old) revealed high ETA densities within the cardiovascular system, with ETB receptors predominating in the kidney...
- Upregulation of vascular ET(B) receptor gene expression after chronic ET(A) receptor blockade in prediabetic NOD miceJana Ortmann
Medical Policlinic, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S105-8. 2004..A subgroup of 10- week-old animals was treated with the endothelin ETA receptor antagonist LU461314 (30 mg/kg per day for 6 weeks). Blood glucose levels were normal in all animals...
- Synthesis and in vivo evaluation of novel PET radioligands for imaging the endothelin-A receptorWilliam B Mathews
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Nucl Med 49:1529-36. 2008The endothelin subtype-A (ETA) receptor is a member of a family of G-protein-coupled receptors that plays a central role in vasoconstriction, cell proliferation, and hormone production...
- Signaling pathways crucial for craniofacial development revealed by endothelin-A receptor-deficient miceD E Clouthier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas, 75235, USA
Dev Biol 217:10-24. 2000..In particular, this developmental pathway appears distinct from the pathway that includes UFD1L, implicated as a causative gene in CATCH 22 patients, and suggests parallel complementary pathways mediating craniofacial development...
- Endothelin receptor A blockade enhances taxane effects in prostate cancerArdavan Akhavan
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neoplasia 8:725-32. 2006..This study demonstrates ABT-627 to have additive antitumor effects when used in combination with taxane drugs both in vitro and in vivo...