Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Edil3
Description: EGF-like repeats and discoidin I-like domains 3
Alias: Del-1, Del1, Sox2-cre, Sox2Cre, Tg(Sox2-cre)1Amc, EGF-like repeat and discoidin I-like domain-containing protein 3, developmental endothelial locus-1, developmentally-regulated endothelial cell locus 1 protein, integrin-binding protein DEL1
- Zhu D, Hölz S, Metzger E, Pavlovic M, Jandausch A, Jilg C, et al. Lysine-specific demethylase 1 regulates differentiation onset and migration of trophoblast stem cells. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3174 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that the epigenetic modifier Lsd1 functions as a gatekeeper for the differentiation onset of TSCs, whereby differentiation-associated cell migration is controlled by the transcription factor Ovol2. ..
- Eskan M, Jotwani R, Abe T, Chmelar J, Lim J, Liang S, et al. The leukocyte integrin antagonist Del-1 inhibits IL-17-mediated inflammatory bone loss. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:465-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Del-1 suppressed LFA-1-dependent recruitment of neutrophils and IL-17-triggered inflammatory pathology and may thus be a promising therapeutic agent for inflammatory diseases. ..
- Nyabi O, Naessens M, Haigh K, Gembarska A, Goossens S, Maetens M, et al. Efficient mouse transgenesis using Gateway-compatible ROSA26 locus targeting vectors and F1 hybrid ES cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:e55 pubmed publisher..It also provides a unique tool for comparing the biological activity of polymorphic or splice variants of a gene, or products of different genes functioning in the same or parallel pathways in an overlapping manner. ..
- Lu C, Robertson E. Multiple roles for Nodal in the epiblast of the mouse embryo in the establishment of anterior-posterior patterning. Dev Biol. 2004;273:149-59 pubmed
- Moore R, Cai K, Tao W, Smith E, Xu X. Differential requirement for Dab2 in the development of embryonic and extra-embryonic tissues. BMC Dev Biol. 2013;13:39 pubmed publisher..However, Dab2 has a physiological role in the endocytosis of lipoproteins and cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Robertson E, Charatsi I, Joyner C, Koonce C, Morgan M, Islam A, et al. Blimp1 regulates development of the posterior forelimb, caudal pharyngeal arches, heart and sensory vibrissae in mice. Development. 2007;134:4335-45 pubmed..Collectively, the present experiments demonstrate that Blimp1 requirements in diverse cell types are exquisitely dose dependent. ..
- Onishi A, Peng G, Poth E, Lee D, Chen J, Alexis U, et al. The orphan nuclear hormone receptor ERRbeta controls rod photoreceptor survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11579-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that ERRbeta is a critical regulator of rod photoreceptor function and survival, and suggest that ERRbeta agonists may be useful in the treatment of certain retinal dystrophies. ..
- Byerly M, Al Salayta M, Swanson R, Kwon K, Peterson J, Wei Z, et al. Estrogen-related receptor ? deletion modulates whole-body energy balance via estrogen-related receptor ? and attenuates neuropeptide Y gene expression. Eur J Neurosci. 2013;37:1033-47 pubmed publisher..Overall, the relative expression ratio between ERR? and ERR? may be important in modulating ingestive behavior, specifically satiety, gene expression, as well as whole-body energy balance. ..
- Inagaki M, Komatsu Y, Scott G, Yamada G, Ray M, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. Generation of a conditional mutant allele for Tab1 in mouse. Genesis. 2008;46:431-9 pubmed publisher..These homozygous Cre-recombined null embryos display an identical phenotype to conventional null embryos. This animal model will be useful in revealing distinct roles of TAB1 in different tissues at different stages. ..
- Choi E, Chavakis E, Czabanka M, Langer H, Fraemohs L, Economopoulou M, et al. Del-1, an endogenous leukocyte-endothelial adhesion inhibitor, limits inflammatory cell recruitment. Science. 2008;322:1101-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, Del-1 is an endogenous inhibitor of inflammatory cell recruitment and could provide a basis for targeting leukocyte-endothelial interactions in disease. ..
- Vincent S, Dunn N, Sciammas R, Shapiro Shalef M, Davis M, Calame K, et al. The zinc finger transcriptional repressor Blimp1/Prdm1 is dispensable for early axis formation but is required for specification of primordial germ cells in the mouse. Development. 2005;132:1315-25 pubmed..Thus Blimp1 probably acts to turn off the default pathway that allows epiblast cells to adopt a somatic cell fate, and shifts the transcriptional program so that they become exclusively allocated into the germ cell lineage. ..
- Dasgupta S, Le A, Chavakis T, Rumbaut R, Thiagarajan P. Developmental endothelial locus-1 (Del-1) mediates clearance of platelet microparticles by the endothelium. Circulation. 2012;125:1664-72 pubmed publisher..02). These studies show a physiological role for Del-1 in the clearance of phosphatidylserine-expressing microparticles by endothelium. ..
- Hayashi S, Tenzen T, McMahon A. Maternal inheritance of Cre activity in a Sox2Cre deleter strain. Genesis. 2003;37:51-3 pubmedThe Sox2 gene is expressed in several undifferentiated cell types. In an earlier study we described a Sox2Cre transgene that mediates epiblast-specific Cre-mediated modification of gene activity in the embryo...
- Chambliss K, Wu Q, Oltmann S, Konaniah E, Umetani M, Korach K, et al. Non-nuclear estrogen receptor alpha signaling promotes cardiovascular protection but not uterine or breast cancer growth in mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:2319-30 pubmed publisher..These processes potentially could be harnessed to provide vascular benefit without increasing the risk of uterine or breast cancer. ..
- Wang X, Wang S, Li C, Gao T, Liu Y, Rangiani A, et al. Inactivation of a novel FGF23 regulator, FAM20C, leads to hypophosphatemic rickets in mice. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002708 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FAM20C may regulate osteogenesis through its direct role in facilitating osteoblast differentiation and its systemic regulation of phosphate homeostasis via the mediation of FGF23. ..
- Taniguchi K, Anderson A, Sutherland A, Wotton D. Loss of Tgif function causes holoprosencephaly by disrupting the SHH signaling pathway. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002524 pubmed publisher..These data show for the first time that Tgif1 mutation in mouse contributes to HPE pathogenesis and provide evidence that this is due to disruption of the Shh pathway. ..
- Funk M, Bera A, Menchen T, Kuales G, Thriene K, Lienkamp S, et al. Cyclin O (Ccno) functions during deuterosome-mediated centriole amplification of multiciliated cells. EMBO J. 2015;34:1078-89 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study implicates CCNO as first known regulator of deuterosome formation and function for the amplification of centrioles in MCCs. ..
- Migeotte I, Grego Bessa J, Anderson K. Rac1 mediates morphogenetic responses to intercellular signals in the gastrulating mouse embryo. Development. 2011;138:3011-20 pubmed publisher..Rac1 also has essential roles in morphogenesis of the posterior notochordal plate (the node) and the midline. ..
- Kim S, GÃ¼nesdogan U, Zylicz J, Hackett J, Cougot D, Bao S, et al. PRMT5 protects genomic integrity during global DNA demethylation in primordial germ cells and preimplantation embryos. Mol Cell. 2014;56:564-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, PRMT5 is directly involved in genome defense during preimplantation development and in PGCs at the time of global DNA demethylation. ..
- Nadeau V, Guillemette S, Bélanger L, Jacob O, Roy S, Charron J. Map2k1 and Map2k2 genes contribute to the normal development of syncytiotrophoblasts during placentation. Development. 2009;136:1363-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, even though Map2k1 plays a predominant role, these results enlighten the function of Map2k2 in placenta development. ..
- Aoka Y, Johnson F, Penta K, Hirata Ki K, Hidai C, Schatzman R, et al. The embryonic angiogenic factor Del1 accelerates tumor growth by enhancing vascular formation. Microvasc Res. 2002;64:148-61 pubmedb>Del1 is a unique alpha v beta 3 integrin ligand that is produced by endothelial cells, and thus provides an autocrine signaling pathway in this cell type...
- Perez Leighton C, Schmidt T, Abramowitz J, Birnbaumer L, Kofuji P. Intrinsic phototransduction persists in melanopsin-expressing ganglion cells lacking diacylglycerol-sensitive TRPC subunits. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;33:856-67 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that the melanopsin signaling pathway includes TRPC6-containing heteromeric channels in mature retinas. ..
- Nadra K, Medard J, Quignodon L, Verheijen M, Desvergne B, Chrast R. Epineurial adipocytes are dispensable for Schwann cell myelination. J Neurochem. 2012;123:662-7 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that while adipocytes, as regulators of lipid and glucose homeostasis, play a role in nerve function, their presence in epineurium is not essential for establishment or maintenance of proper myelin. ..
- Stewart M, Lopez S, Nagandla H, Soibam B, Benham A, Nguyen J, et al. Mouse myofibers lacking the SMYD1 methyltransferase are susceptible to atrophy, internalization of nuclei and myofibrillar disarray. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:347-59 pubmed publisher..This work illustrates a crucial role for SMYD1 in skeletal muscle physiology and myofibril integrity. ..
- Tremblay M, Moss T. Loss of all 3 Extended Synaptotagmins does not affect normal mouse development, viability or fertility. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:2360-6 pubmed publisher..Given the multiple functions suggested for the E-Syts and their evolutionary conservation, our unexpected findings suggest that they may only provide a survival advantage under specific conditions that have as yet to be identified. ..
- Li H, Koo Y, Mao X, Sifuentes Dominguez L, Morris L, Jia D, et al. Endosomal sorting of Notch receptors through COMMD9-dependent pathways modulates Notch signaling. J Cell Biol. 2015;211:605-17 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these studies highlight that the CCC complex controls Notch activation by modulating its intracellular trafficking and demonstrate cargo-specific effects for members of the COMMD protein family. ..
- Flagg A, Earley J, Svensson E. FOG-2 attenuates endothelial-to-mesenchymal transformation in the endocardial cushions of the developing heart. Dev Biol. 2007;304:308-16 pubmed..Taken together with GATA4's known role in promoting EMT, these results suggest that FOG-2 functions in cardiac valve formation as an attenuator of EMT by repressing GATA4 activity within the developing endocardial cushions. ..
- MacDonald S, Bamforth S, Chen C, Farthing C, Franklyn A, Broadbent C, et al. Epiblastic Cited2 deficiency results in cardiac phenotypic heterogeneity and provides a mechanism for haploinsufficiency. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:448-57 pubmed publisher..Epiblast-specific deletion of Cited2 using Sox2Cre recapitulated penetrant and phenotypically heterogenous cardiovascular and laterality defects...
- Ichikawa Tomikawa N, Ogawa J, Douet V, Xu Z, Kamikubo Y, Sakurai T, et al. Laminin Î±1 is essential for mouse cerebellar development. Matrix Biol. 2012;31:17-28 pubmed publisher..A marked reduction in numbers of dendritic processes in Purkinje cells was observed in Lama1(CKO) mice. Together, these results indicate that Lama1 is required for cerebellar development and functions. ..
- Wang F, Shin J, Shea J, Yu J, Boskovic A, Byron M, et al. Regulation of X-linked gene expression during early mouse development by Rlim. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We find further that X/A upregulation is initiated in early male and female preimplantation embryos. ..
- Biondi C, Das D, Howell M, Islam A, Bikoff E, Hill C, et al. Mice develop normally in the absence of Smad4 nucleocytoplasmic shuttling. Biochem J. 2007;404:235-45 pubmed..The present study clearly demonstrates that Smad4 nucleocytoplasmic shuttling is not required for embryonic development or tissue homoeostasis in normal, healthy adult mice. ..
- Kitano H, Kokubun S, Hidai C. The extracellular matrix protein Del1 induces apoptosis via its epidermal growth factor motif. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:757-61 pubmed publisherMouse Del1 is an extracellular matrix protein mainly expressed in the developing embryo. Del1 has three EGF motifs and two discoidin domains. The second EGF motif reportedly contains an RGD sequence that binds to integrin receptors...
- Luo W, Enomoto H, Rice F, Milbrandt J, Ginty D. Molecular identification of rapidly adapting mechanoreceptors and their developmental dependence on ret signaling. Neuron. 2009;64:841-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, the early Ret(+) neurons are RA mechanoreceptors and Ret signaling is required for the assembly of neural circuits underlying touch perception. ..
- Snyder E, McCarty C, Mehalow A, Svenson K, Murray S, Korstanje R, et al. APOBEC1 complementation factor (A1CF) is dispensable for C-to-U RNA editing in vivo. RNA. 2017;23:457-465 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations demonstrate that A1CF does not act as the APOBEC1 complementation factor in vivo under normal physiological conditions and suggests new roles for A1CF, specifically within the male adult kidney. ..
- Ohno M, Kanayama T, Moore R, Ray M, Negishi M. The roles of co-chaperone CCRP/DNAJC7 in Cyp2b10 gene activation and steatosis development in mouse livers. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e115663 pubmed publisher..CCRP appears to be involved in various hepatic regulations far beyond CAR-mediated drug metabolism. ..
- Dubielecka P, Ladwein K, Xiong X, Migeotte I, Chorzalska A, Anderson K, et al. Essential role for Abi1 in embryonic survival and WAVE2 complex integrity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:7022-7 pubmed publisher..5 and displayed malformations in the developing heart and brain. Cells lacking Abi1 and the conditional Abi1-KO mouse will serve as critical models for defining Abi1 function. ..
- Bernardo G, Lozada K, Miedler J, Harburg G, Hewitt S, Mosley J, et al. FOXA1 is an essential determinant of ERalpha expression and mammary ductal morphogenesis. Development. 2010;137:2045-54 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that FOXA1 is necessary for hormonal responsiveness in the developing mammary gland and ERalpha-positive breast cancers, at least in part, through its control of ERalpha expression. ..
- Shibata M, GARCIA GARCIA M. The mouse KRAB zinc-finger protein CHATO is required in embryonic-derived tissues to control yolk sac and placenta morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;349:331-41 pubmed publisher..Our results support previously undescribed roles of the extraembryonic mesoderm in yolk sac morphogenesis and in the closure of the ectoplacental cavity and identify a novel role of ZFP568 in the development of extraembryonic tissues...
- Tran N, Zhang A, Zhang X, Huecker J, Hennig A, Chen S. Mechanistically distinct mouse models for CRX-associated retinopathy. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004111 pubmed publisher..E168d2 and R90W are mechanistically distinct mouse models for CRX-associated disease that will allow the elucidation of molecular mechanisms and testing of novel therapeutic approaches for different forms of CRX-associated disease. ..
- Xie J, Yoon J, Yang S, Lin S, Huang C. WNK1 protein kinase regulates embryonic cardiovascular development through the OSR1 signaling cascade. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8566-74 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that WNK1 activation of the OSR1 signaling cascade is an essential pathway that regulates angiogenesis and cardiac formation during mouse embryo development. ..
- Zhang H, Takeda H, Tsuji T, Kamiya N, Rajderkar S, Louie K, et al. Generation of Evc2/Limbin global and conditional KO mice and its roles during mineralized tissue formation. Genesis. 2015;53:612-626 pubmed publisher..Availability of the conditional allele for this gene should facilitate further detailed analyses of the role of EVC2/LIMBIN in pathogenesis of EvC syndrome. genesis 53:612-626, 2015. © 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Bogani D, Morgan M, Nelson A, Costello I, McGouran J, Kessler B, et al. The PR/SET domain zinc finger protein Prdm4 regulates gene expression in embryonic stem cells but plays a nonessential role in the developing mouse embryo. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3936-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results strongly suggest that Prdm4 functions redundantly with other transcriptional partners to cooperatively regulate gene expression in the embryo and adult animal. ..
- Li Y, Zhang H, Litingtung Y, Chiang C. Cholesterol modification restricts the spread of Shh gradient in the limb bud. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:6548-53 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the cholesterol moiety regulates the range and shape of the Shh morphogen gradient by restricting rather than promoting the postrelease spread of Shh across the limb bud during early development. ..
- Xu K, Sacharidou A, Fu S, Chong D, Skaug B, Chen Z, et al. Blood vessel tubulogenesis requires Rasip1 regulation of GTPase signaling. Dev Cell. 2011;20:526-39 pubmed publisher..This study identifies Rasip1 as a unique, endothelial-specific regulator of Rho GTPase signaling, which is essential for blood vessel morphogenesis. ..
- Delgado Esteban M, Garcia Higuera I, Maestre C, Moreno S, Almeida A. APC/C-Cdh1 coordinates neurogenesis and cortical size during development. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2879 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that APC/C-Cdh1 coordinates cortical neurogenesis and size, thus posing Cdh1 in the molecular pathogenesis of congenital neurodevelopmental disorders, such as microcephaly. ..
- Tachibana Konwalski K, Godwin J, van der Weyden L, Champion L, Kudo N, Adams D, et al. Rec8-containing cohesin maintains bivalents without turnover during the growing phase of mouse oocytes. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2505-16 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the inability of oocytes to regenerate cohesion may contribute to age-related meiosis I errors. ..
- Neijts R, Amin S, van Rooijen C, Deschamps J. Cdx is crucial for the timing mechanism driving colinear Hox activation and defines a trunk segment in the Hox cluster topology. Dev Biol. 2017;422:146-154 pubmed publisher..Subsequently to initial Wnt-induced activation of 3' Hox genes, Cdx transcription factors would act as crucial effectors for activating central Hox genes, until the last gene of the cluster arrests the process. ..
- French C, Groszer M, Preece C, Coupe A, Rajewsky K, Fisher S. Generation of mice with a conditional Foxp2 null allele. Genesis. 2007;45:440-6 pubmed
- Jin Z, Chung J, Mei W, Strack S, He C, Lau G, et al. Regulation of nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling and function of Family with sequence similarity 13, member A (Fam13a), by B56-containing PP2As and Akt. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1160-73 pubmed publisher..Our work provides important clues to elucidating the mechanism by which Fam13a may contribute to human lung diseases. ..
- Valenzuela N, Fan Q, Fa ak F, Soibam B, Nagandla H, Liu Y, et al. Cardiomyocyte-specific conditional knockout of the histone chaperone HIRA in mice results in hypertrophy, sarcolemmal damage and focal replacement fibrosis. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:335-45 pubmed publisher..Consistent with heart failure, fetal cardiac genes were re-expressed in the Hira conditional knockout. Our results suggest that transcriptional regulation by HIRA is crucial for cardiomyocyte homeostasis. ..
- Screen M, Dean W, Cross J, Hemberger M. Cathepsin proteases have distinct roles in trophoblast function and vascular remodelling. Development. 2008;135:3311-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for the highly specialized functions of closely related cysteine cathepsin proteases in extra-embryonic development, and reinforce their importance for a successful outcome of pregnancy. ..
- Artner I, Blanchi B, Raum J, Guo M, Kaneko T, Cordes S, et al. MafB is required for islet beta cell maturation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3853-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MafB plays a previously uncharacterized role by regulating transcription of key factors during development that are required for the production of mature alpha and beta cells. ..
- Shimada M, Dumitrache L, Russell H, McKinnon P. Polynucleotide kinase-phosphatase enables neurogenesis via multiple DNA repair pathways to maintain genome stability. EMBO J. 2015;34:2465-80 pubmed publisher..These data illuminate the basis for selective neural vulnerability in DNA repair deficiency disease. ..
- Beketaev I, Zhang Y, Weng K, Rhee S, Yu W, Liu Y, et al. cis-Regulatory control of Mesp1 expression by YY1 and SP1 during mouse embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2016;245:379-87 pubmed publisher..YY1 and SP1 independently and cooperatively govern the Mesp1 expression during embryogenesis. ..
- Viotti M, Nowotschin S, Hadjantonakis A. SOX17 links gut endoderm morphogenesis and germ layer segregation. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1146-56 pubmed publisher..Our results mechanistically link gut endoderm morphogenesis and germ layer segregation, two central and conserved features of gastrulation. ..
- Lakkis M, Epstein J. Neurofibromin modulation of ras activity is required for normal endocardial-mesenchymal transformation in the developing heart. Development. 1998;125:4359-67 pubmed..These results indicate that neurofibromin normally acts to modulate epithelial-mesenchymal transformation and proliferation in the developing heart by down regulating ras activity. ..
- Devine W, Wythe J, George M, Koshiba Takeuchi K, Bruneau B. Early patterning and specification of cardiac progenitors in gastrulating mesoderm. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..These findings will be important to understand the basis of congenital heart defects and to derive cardiac regeneration strategies. ..
- Badea T, Williams J, Smallwood P, Shi M, Motajo O, Nathans J. Combinatorial expression of Brn3 transcription factors in somatosensory neurons: genetic and morphologic analysis. J Neurosci. 2012;32:995-1007 pubmed publisher..This work also demonstrates the utility of sparse genetically directed labeling for visualizing individual somatosensory afferent arbors and for defining cell-autonomous mutant phenotypes. ..
- Nadra K, Quignodon L, Sardella C, Joye E, Mucciolo A, Chrast R, et al. PPARgamma in placental angiogenesis. Endocrinology. 2010;151:4969-81 pubmed publisher..Using Sox2Cre/PPAR?L2/L2 mice, we obtained fully viable PPAR?-null mice through specific and total epiblastic gene deletion, ..
- Migeotte I, Omelchenko T, Hall A, Anderson K. Rac1-dependent collective cell migration is required for specification of the anterior-posterior body axis of the mouse. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000442 pubmed publisher..The data show that Rac1-mediated epithelial migration of the AVE is a crucial step in the establishment of the mammalian body plan and suggest that Rac1 is essential for collective migration in mammalian tissues...
- Jin J, Desai B, Navarro B, Donovan A, Andrews N, Clapham D. Deletion of Trpm7 disrupts embryonic development and thymopoiesis without altering Mg2+ homeostasis. Science. 2008;322:756-60 pubmed publisher..The thymic medullary cells lost signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activity, which accounts for their depletion when Trpm7 is disrupted in thymocytes. ..
- Rodda S, McMahon A. Distinct roles for Hedgehog and canonical Wnt signaling in specification, differentiation and maintenance of osteoblast progenitors. Development. 2006;133:3231-44 pubmed..These data demonstrate that commitment within the osteoblast lineage requires sequential, stage-specific, Ihh and canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling to promote osteogenic, and block chondrogenic, programs of cell fate specification. ..
- Valenzuela N, Soibam B, Li L, Wang J, Byers L, Liu Y, et al. HIRA deficiency in muscle fibers causes hypertrophy and susceptibility to oxidative stress. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2551-2563 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that elimination of HIRA produces a hypertrophic response in skeletal muscle and leaves myofibers susceptible to stress-induced degeneration. ..
- Patterson M, Barske L, Van Handel B, Rau C, Gan P, Sharma A, et al. Frequency of mononuclear diploid cardiomyocytes underlies natural variation in heart regeneration. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1346-1353 pubmed publisher..Our results corroborate the relevance of MNDCMs in heart regeneration. Moreover, they imply that intrinsic heart regeneration is not limited nor uniform in all individuals, but rather is a variable trait influenced by multiple genes. ..
- Chang H, Smallwood P, Williams J, Nathans J. The spatio-temporal domains of Frizzled6 action in planar polarity control of hair follicle orientation. Dev Biol. 2016;409:181-193 pubmed publisher..These experiments constrain current models of PCP signaling and the flow of polarity information in mammalian skin. ..
- O Shaughnessy Kirwan A, Signolet J, Costello I, Gharbi S, Hendrich B. Constraint of gene expression by the chromatin remodelling protein CHD4 facilitates lineage specification. Development. 2015;142:2586-97 pubmed publisher..This provides novel insight into both how lineage decisions are made in mammalian cells, and how a chromatin remodelling protein functions to facilitate lineage commitment. ..
- Chu G, Dunn N, Anderson D, Oxburgh L, Robertson E. Differential requirements for Smad4 in TGFbeta-dependent patterning of the early mouse embryo. Development. 2004;131:3501-12 pubmed..These results suggest that Smad4 potentiates a subset of TGFbeta-related signals during early embryonic development, but is dispensable for others. ..
- Scholz B, Korn C, Wojtarowicz J, Mogler C, Augustin I, Boutros M, et al. Endothelial RSPO3 Controls Vascular Stability and Pruning through Non-canonical WNT/Ca(2+)/NFAT Signaling. Dev Cell. 2016;36:79-93 pubmed publisher..The data identify endothelial RSPO3-driven non-canonicalÂ WNT/Ca(2+)/NFAT signaling as a critical maintenance pathway of the remodeling vasculature. ..
- Edwards M, Mammadova Bach E, Alpy F, Klein A, Hicks W, Roux M, et al. Mutations in Lama1 disrupt retinal vascular development and inner limiting membrane formation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7697-711 pubmed publisher..This first report of viable Lama1 mouse mutants emphasizes the importance of this gene in retinal development. The data presented herein suggest that hypomorphic mutations in human LAMA1 could lead to retinal disease. ..
- Szumska D, Cioroch M, Keeling A, Prat A, Seidah N, Bhattacharya S. Pcsk5 is required in the early cranio-cardiac mesoderm for heart development. BMC Dev Biol. 2017;17:6 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, it is possible that Pcsk5 may still play a critical role in Nkx2.5-expressing cardiac progenitors, with persistence of mRNA or protein accounting for the lack of effect of deletion on heart development. ..
- Vincent D, Kaniewski B, Powers S, Havenar Daughton C, Marie J, Wotton D, et al. A rapid strategy to detect the recombined allele in LSL-T?RICA transgenic mice. Genesis. 2010;48:559-62 pubmed publisher..This represents a simple and efficient way of monitoring the tissue specific recombination of the LSL-T?RI(CA) allele. ..
- Shun M, Raghavendra N, Vandegraaff N, Daigle J, Hughes S, Kellam P, et al. LEDGF/p75 functions downstream from preintegration complex formation to effect gene-specific HIV-1 integration. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1767-78 pubmed..Akin to yeast retrotransposons, disrupting the lentiviral targeting mechanism significantly perturbs overall integration. ..
- Catalanotti F, Reyes G, Jesenberger V, Galabova Kovacs G, de Matos Simoes R, Carugo O, et al. A Mek1-Mek2 heterodimer determines the strength and duration of the Erk signal. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:294-303 pubmed publisher..Our data establish Mek1 as the crucial modulator of Mek and Erk signaling and have potential implications for the role of Mek1 and Mek2 in tumorigenesis. ..
- Bultot L, Jensen T, Lai Y, Madsen A, Collodet C, Kviklyte S, et al. Benzimidazole derivative small-molecule 991 enhances AMPK activity and glucose uptake induced by AICAR or contraction in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2016;311:E706-E719 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrates the utility of a dual activator approach to achieve a greater activation of AMPK and downstream physiological responses in various cell types, including skeletal muscle. ..