Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Edem1
Description: ER degradation enhancer, mannosidase alpha-like 1
Alias: A130059K23Rik, EDEM, mKIAA0212, ER degradation-enhancing alpha-mannosidase-like protein 1, ER degradation ER degradation enhancer, mannosidase alpha-like 1, ER degradation-enhancing alpha-mannosidase-like 1
- Kaneko K, Xu P, Cordonier E, Chen S, Ng A, Xu Y, et al. Neuronal Rap1 Regulates Energy Balance, Glucose Homeostasis, and Leptin Actions. Cell Rep. 2016;16:3003-3015 pubmed publisher..Thus, neuronal Rap1 critically regulates leptin sensitivity and mediates HFD-induced obesity and hypothalamic pathology and may represent a potential therapeutic target for obesity treatment. ..
- Sharma M, Bhattacharyya S, Nain M, Kaur M, Sood V, Gupta V, et al. Japanese encephalitis virus replication is negatively regulated by autophagy and occurs on LC3-I- and EDEM1-containing membranes. Autophagy. 2014;10:1637-51 pubmed publisher..replication complexes furthermore show association with a marker of the ER-associated degradation (ERAD) pathway, EDEM1 (ER degradation enhancer, mannosidase ?-like 1)...
- Posey K, Coustry F, Veerisetty A, Liu P, Alcorn J, Hecht J. Chop (Ddit3) is essential for D469del-COMP retention and cell death in chondrocytes in an inducible transgenic mouse model of pseudoachondroplasia. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:727-37 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that there may be an optimal window before the induction of significant D469del-COMP retention during which endoplasmic reticulum stress could be targeted. ..
- Francisco A, Singh R, Li S, Vani A, Yang L, Munroe R, et al. Deficiency of suppressor enhancer Lin12 1 like (SEL1L) in mice leads to systemic endoplasmic reticulum stress and embryonic lethality. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13694-703 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate an essential role for SEL1L in protein quality control during mouse embryonic development. ..
- Eriksson K, Vago R, Calanca V, Galli C, Paganetti P, Molinari M. EDEM contributes to maintenance of protein folding efficiency and secretory capacity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44600-5 pubmed..caused by lack of adaptation of the intralumenal level of ER degradation-enhancing alpha-mannosidase-like protein (EDEM) to an increase in the ER cargo load...
- Hagiwara M, Maegawa K, Suzuki M, Ushioda R, Araki K, Matsumoto Y, et al. Structural basis of an ERAD pathway mediated by the ER-resident protein disulfide reductase ERdj5. Mol Cell. 2011;41:432-44 pubmed publisher..protein that accelerates ERAD by reducing incorrect disulfide bonds in misfolded glycoproteins recognized by EDEM1. We here solved the crystal structure of full-length ERdj5, thereby revealing that ERdj5 contains the N-terminal J ..
- Shenkman M, Groisman B, Ron E, Avezov E, Hendershot L, Lederkremer G. A shared endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation pathway involving the EDEM1 protein for glycosylated and nonglycosylated proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2167-78 pubmed publisher..the uncleaved precursor of asialoglycoprotein receptor H2a, its nonglycosylated mutant, makes use of calnexin, EDEM1, and HRD1, but only glycosylated H2a is a substrate for the cytosolic SCF(Fbs2) E3 ubiquitin ligase with lectin ..
- Slominska Wojewodzka M, Gregers T, Walchli S, Sandvig K. EDEM is involved in retrotranslocation of ricin from the endoplasmic reticulum to the cytosol. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1664-75 pubmed..The ER degradation enhancing alpha-mannosidase I-like protein, EDEM, is responsible for directing aberrant proteins for ER-associated protein degradation...
- Zhu M, Tao J, Vasievich M, Wei W, Zhu G, Khoriaty R, et al. Neural tube opening and abnormal extraembryonic membrane development in SEC23A deficient mice. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15471 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that mammalian SEC23A and SEC23B transport overlapping yet distinct spectra of cargo in vivo. ..
- Gnann A, Riordan J, Wolf D. Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator degradation depends on the lectins Htm1p/EDEM and the Cdc48 protein complex in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4125-35 pubmed..Complementation of the HTM1 deficiency in yeast cells by the mammalian orthologue EDEM underlines the necessity of this lectin for CFTR degradation and highlights the similarity of quality control and ..