Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: E2f1
Description: E2F transcription factor 1
Alias: E2F-1, mKIAA4009, transcription factor E2F1
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- E2F inhibits transcriptional activation by the retinoic acid receptorS L Costa
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, University of Ottawa, Canada
Cell Growth Differ 7:1479-85. 1996..Our evidence suggests that E2F-1 reduces expression from RA-inducible promoters by interacting with an unidentified coactivator(s) that is required by the RARs...
- Expression patterns of the E2F family of transcription factors during murine epithelial developmentL Dagnino
Division of Immunology and Cancer Research, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell Growth Differ 8:553-63. 1997..Thus, selective regulation of E2F forms occurs during murine epithelial development, irrespective of the ectodermal or endodermal origin of such epithelia...
- Hormone-dependent repression of the E2F-1 gene by thyroid hormone receptorsMaria Nygard
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Endocrinol 17:79-92. 2003..We suggest that this is an initial and crucial step in thyroid hormone-induced differentiation of precursor cells...
- The development of diabetes in E2f1/E2f2 mutant mice reveals important roles for bone marrow-derived cells in preventing islet cell lossFeng X Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12935-40. 2003Our studies of mice deficient for the E2F1 and E2F2 transcription factors have revealed essential roles for these proteins in the cell cycle control of pancreatic exocrine cells and the regulation of pancreatic beta cell maintenance...
- Neuropilin-1 is a direct target of the transcription factor E2F1 during cerebral ischemia-induced neuronal death in vivoSusan X Jiang
NRC Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council Canada, 1200 Montreal Road, Bldg M 54, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 27:1696-705. 2007The nuclear transcription factor E2F1 plays an important role in modulating neuronal death in response to excitotoxicity and cerebral ischemia...
- Transcription factors ETF, E2F, and SP-1 are involved in cytokine-independent proliferation of murine hepatocytesSebastian Zellmer
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Hepatology 52:2127-36. 2010..showed an overrepresentation of transcription factor binding sites (TFBS) for ETF (TEA domain family member 2), E2F1 (E2F transcription factor 1), and SP-1 (Sp1 transcription factor) (P < 0.001), all depending on MAPK signaling...
- Induction and modulation of cerebellar granule neuron death by E2F-1M J O'Hare
Neuroscience Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:25358-64. 2000..These results indicate that E2F-1 expression is sufficient to promote neuronal apoptosis and that endogenous E2F-1 modulates the death of CGNs evoked by low K(+)...
- E2F-1 is essential for normal epidermal wound repairSudhir Jude Anthony D'Souza
Department of Pharmacology, Child Health Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5C1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:10626-32. 2002..Thus, we demonstrate that E2F-1 is indispensable for a hitherto unidentified cell type-specific and unique role in keratinocyte proliferation, adhesion, and migration as well as in proper wound repair and epidermal regeneration in vivo...
- Apaf-1 is a transcriptional target for E2F and p53M C Moroni
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Nat Cell Biol 3:552-8. 2001..The mechanism by which E2F induces apoptosis is still unclear. Here we show that E2F1 directly regulates the expression of Apaf-1, the gene for apoptosis protease-activating factor 1...
- Transcriptional activation of pref-1 by E2F1 in 3T3 L1 cellsYan Nan Shen
Department of Biology, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
BMB Rep 42:691-6. 2009..In this study, we found that the expression of pref-1 is regulated by the transcription factor E2F1. The expression of pref-1 and E2F1 was strongly induced in preadipocytes and at the late differentiation ..
- E2F-1-deficient NOD/SCID mice developed showing decreased saliva productionHikaru Matsui-Inohara
Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:1525-36. 2009..In a previous report, we found NOD.E2f1(-/-) mice show a greater progressive development to IDDM and SS compared to NOD mice...
- Productive infection and bICP0 early promoter activity of bovine herpesvirus 1 are stimulated by E2F1Aspen Workman
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences and Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln Fair Street at East Campus Loop, Lincoln, NE 68583 0905, USA
J Virol 84:6308-17. 2010..In this study, we provide evidence that repression of E2F1 by a specific small interfering RNA (siRNA) reduced productive infection approximately 5-fold...
- pRb and E2f-1 in mouse development and tumorigenesisK Macleod
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Curr Opin Genet Dev 9:31-9. 1999..E2F-1 can induce both apoptosis and S-phase transition and whether E2F-1 acts as an oncogene or a tumor-suppressor gene may depend on the extent to which E2F-1 induces apoptosis as opposed to G1/S transition...
- Regulation of FGF receptor-2 expression by transcription factor E2F-1Etsu Tashiro
Department of Biosciences and Informatics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
Oncogene 22:5630-5. 2003..Taken together, the results demonstrate that FGFR-2 is a new class of targets for E2F, and expression of mouse FGFR-2 in mid-to-late G1 phase would be mediated, at least in part, by the activation of a pRB/E2F pathway...
- E2F-1 regulates the expression of a subset of target genes during skeletal myoblast hypertrophyMyint Hlaing
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43625-33. 2004..These studies demonstrated that E2F-1 activity at specific promoters is dependent on physiological circumstances and that E2F-1 should be considered a potential target in the treatment of pathologic hypertrophy...
- Histone deacetylase activity in conjunction with E2F-1 and p53 regulates Apaf-1 expression in 661W cells and the retinaDeborah M Wallace
Cell Development and Disease Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, University College, Cork, Ireland
J Neurosci Res 87:887-905. 2009..Overall, we propose a role for HDAC activity, E2F-1, and p53 in the regulation of Apaf-1 expression in 661W cells; initial data also indicate a regulatory role in the retina...
- Disruption of retinoblastoma protein family function by human papillomavirus type 16 E7 oncoprotein inhibits lens development in part through E2F-1J McCaffrey
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:6458-68. 1999..These data suggest that an important role for pRb-E2F-1 complex during fiber cell differentiation is to negatively regulate cell cycle progression, thereby allowing completion of the differentiation program to occur...
- Dual functions of E2F-1 in a transgenic mouse model of liver carcinogenesisE A Conner
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 19:5054-62. 2000..In conclusion, E2F-1 overexpression in the liver causes dysplasia and tumors and suggests a cooperation between E2F-1 and c-myc oncogenes during liver oncogenesis...
- Genomic organization of claudin-1 and its assessment in hereditary and sporadic breast cancerF Kramer
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Hum Genet 107:249-56. 2000..Other regulatory or epigenetic factors may be involved in the down-regulation of this gene during breast cancer development...
- TRIP-Br: a novel family of PHD zinc finger- and bromodomain-interacting proteins that regulate the transcriptional activity of E2F-1/DP-1S I Hsu
Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
EMBO J 20:2273-85. 2001....
- Transcription of mouse DNA methyltransferase 1 (Dnmt1) is regulated by both E2F-Rb-HDAC-dependent and -independent pathwaysHiromichi Kimura
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Department of Animal Resource Sciences Veterinary Medical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 31:3101-13. 2003..These findings suggest that Dnmt1 is a target gene of these pathways in cell proliferation, cell transformation and tumorigenesis...
- PARP-1 binds E2F-1 independently of its DNA binding and catalytic domains, and acts as a novel coactivator of E2F-1-mediated transcription during re-entry of quiescent cells into S phaseCynthia M Simbulan-Rosenthal
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Oncogene 22:8460-71. 2003....
- Differential roles of E-type cyclins during transformation of murine E2F-1-deficient cellsHideshi Ishii
Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
DNA Cell Biol 24:173-9. 2005....
- p14ARF regulates E2F-1 ubiquitination and degradation via a p53-dependent mechanismHelen Rizos
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research, University of Sydney at Westmead Millennium Institute, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Australia
Cell Cycle 6:1741-7. 2007..Importantly, these data establish that the ARF-E2F-1 pathway is an extension of the p53-mdm2-ARF tumor suppressor network and is unlikely to constitute a p53-independent pathway for ARF function...
- Heterodimerization of the transcription factors E2F-1 and DP-1 leads to cooperative trans-activationK Helin
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown 02129
Genes Dev 7:1850-61. 1993..We suggest that "E2F" is the activity that is formed when an E2F-1-related protein and a DP-1-related protein dimerize...
- Tumor induction and tissue atrophy in mice lacking E2F-1L Yamasaki
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown 02129, USA
Cell 85:537-48. 1996..Although overexpression of E2F-1 in tissue culture cells can stimulate cell proliferation and be oncogenic, loss of E2F-1 in mice results in tumorigenesis, demonstrating that E2F-1 also functions as a tumor suppressor...
- E2F-1 functions in mice to promote apoptosis and suppress proliferationS J Field
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massacusetts, O2115, P5USA
Cell 85:549-61. 1996..These findings suggest that while certain members of the E2F family may positively regulate cell cycle progression, E2F-1 functions to regulate apoptosis and to suppress cell proliferation...
- Nuclear accumulation of the E2F heterodimer regulated by subunit composition and alternative splicing of a nuclear localization signalS de la Luna
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Glasgow, UK
J Cell Sci 109:2443-52. 1996..These data define a new level of control in the E2F transcription factor whereby interplay between subunits dictates the levels of nuclear DNA binding activity...
- Novel phosphorylated forms of E2F-1 transcription factor bind to the retinoblastoma protein in cells overexpressing an E2F-1 cDNAX H Yang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Finch University of Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School, Illinois 60064 3095, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 232:336-9. 1997....
- Loss of E2F-1 reduces tumorigenesis and extends the lifespan of Rb1(+/-)miceL Yamasaki
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown 02129, USA
Nat Genet 18:360-4. 1998..Previously, we reported that loss of E2f1 in mice results in tissue-specific tumour induction and tissue atrophy, demonstrating that E2F-1 normally controls ..
- Release of cell cycle constraints in mouse melanocytes by overexpressed mutant E2F1E132, but not by deletion of p16INK4A or p21WAF1/CIP1R Halaban
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Oncogene 16:2489-501. 1998..of gene disruption and ectopic expression in growth factor-dependent mouse melanocytes, we studied the roles of E2F1 and the p16INK4A and p21WAF1/CIP1 CKIs (cyclin dependent kinase inhibitors) in the acquisition of TPA (12-O-..
- E2F-1-induced p53-independent apoptosis in transgenic miceC Holmberg
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Oncogene 17:143-55. 1998..Testicular atrophy as a result of overexpression of E2F-1 and DP-1 is independent of functional p53, since p53-nullizygous transgenic mice overexpressing E2F-1 and DP-1 also suffered testicular atrophy...
- The regulation of E2F by pRB-family proteinsN Dyson
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129 USA
Genes Dev 12:2245-62. 1998
- Mutation of E2f-1 suppresses apoptosis and inappropriate S phase entry and extends survival of Rb-deficient mouse embryosK Y Tsai
MIT Center for Cancer Research, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Mol Cell 2:293-304. 1998..0 with anemia and defective skeletal muscle and lung development, demonstrating that E2F-1 regulation is not the sole function of pRB in development...
- Endogenous E2F-1 promotes timely G0 exit of resting mouse embryo fibroblastsZ M Wang
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:15583-6. 1998..Therefore, E2F-1 exerts a unique function leading to timely G0 exit of resting cultured primary cells, while at the same time being unnecessary for normal G1 to S phase progression of cycling cells...
- The E2F transcription factors: key regulators of cell proliferationH Muller
European Institute of Oncology, Department of Experimental Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141, Milan, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1470:M1-12. 2000..We will discuss the relevance of a thorough understanding of E2F function for cancer therapy...
- Target gene specificity of E2F and pocket protein family members in living cellsJ Wells
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:5797-807. 2000....
- Induction of cell cycle entry and cell death in postmitotic lens fiber cells by overexpression of E2F1 or E2F2Q Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:4223-31. 2000..The in vivo functions of the transcription factor E2F2 have not previously been analyzed or described in transgenic mice...
- E2F1 mediates ectopic proliferation and stage-specific p53-dependent apoptosis but not aberrant differentiation in the ocular lens of Rb deficient fetusesY Liu
Department of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 19:6065-73. 2000..Mutant mouse embryos lacking Rb exhibit ectopic proliferation and apoptosis that are mediated in some tissues by E2F1, a major partner of Rb, and by the p53 tumor suppressor...
- Myc requires distinct E2F activities to induce S phase and apoptosisG Leone
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, Department of Molecular Virology, Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cell 8:105-13. 2001Previous work has shown that the Myc transcription factor induces transcription of the E2F1, E2F2, and E2F3 genes...
- The proliferative and apoptotic activities of E2F1 in the mouse retinaS C Lin
Department of Molecular Medicine Institute of Biotechnology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas, TX 78245 3207, USA
Oncogene 20:7073-84. 2001The E2F1 transcription factor controls cell proliferation and apoptosis. E2F1 activity is negatively regulated by the retinoblastoma (RB) protein...
- E2F1 and E2F2 determine thresholds for antigen-induced T-cell proliferation and suppress tumorigenesisJ W Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:8547-64. 2001E2F activity is critical for the control of the G(1) to S phase transition. We show that the combined loss of E2F1 and E2F2 results in profound effects on hematopoietic cell proliferation and differentiation, as well as increased ..
- The E2F1-3 transcription factors are essential for cellular proliferationL Wu
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, and Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nature 414:457-62. 2001..b>E2F1, E2F2 and E2F3 belong to a subclass of E2F factors thought to act as transcriptional activators important for ..
- Mutation of E2F2 in mice causes enhanced T lymphocyte proliferation, leading to the development of autoimmunityM Murga
Department of Animal Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Sciences, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, E 48080, Spain
Immunity 15:959-70. 2001..Rather than functioning as a transcriptional activator, E2F2 appears to function as a transcriptional repressor of genes required for normal S phase entry, particularly E2F1.
- Inhibition of crystallin expression and induction of apoptosis by lens-specific E1A expression in transgenic miceQin Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 21:1028-37. 2002....
- The identification of E2F1-specific target genesJulie Wells
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53706 and Genomics and Bioinformatics, Pfizer Inc, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3890-5. 2002..To investigate this possibility further, we have analyzed gene expression in E2F1 nullizygous mice...
- Mutant mouse models reveal the relative roles of E2F1 and E2F3 in vivoJennifer E Cloud
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2663-72. 2002The E2F1, -2, and -3 transcription factors are key downstream targets of the retinoblastoma protein (pRB) tumor suppressor that drive expression of proliferation-associated genes...
- Specificity of E2F1, E2F2, and E2F3 in mediating phenotypes induced by loss of RbHarold I Saavedra
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics and Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Cell Growth Differ 13:215-25. 2002The Rb/E2F pathway plays a critical role in the control ofcellular proliferation. Here, we report that E2F1, E2F2, and E2F3 make major individual contributions toward the in vivo phenotypic consequences of Rb deficiency...
- E2Fs regulate adipocyte differentiationLluis Fajas
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, B P 163, F 67404 Illkirch Cedex, C U de, Strasbourg, France
Dev Cell 3:39-49. 2002..We show here that E2F1 induces PPAR gamma transcription during clonal expansion, whereas E2F4 represses PPARg amma expression during ..
- Direct coupling of the cell cycle and cell death machinery by E2FZaher Nahle
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:859-64. 2002..The data also underscore how cell cycle progression can be coupled to the apoptotic machinery...
- Impaired adult neurogenesis in mice lacking the transcription factor E2F1Christiana M Cooper-Kuhn
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 21:312-23. 2002..Here, we demonstrate that the transcription factor E2F1, which is targeted by several signaling cascades that are activated by growth factors, is involved in ..
- Myc-mediated proliferation and lymphomagenesis, but not apoptosis, are compromised by E2f1 lossTroy A Baudino
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell 11:905-14. 2003Myc and E2f1 promote cell cycle progression, but overexpression of either can trigger p53-dependent apoptosis...
- Defective gene expression, S phase progression, and maturation during hematopoiesis in E2F1/E2F2 mutant miceFeng X Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:3607-22. 2003..We show that the combined loss of E2F1 and E2F2 in mice leads to profound cell-autonomous defects in the hematopoietic development of multiple cell ..
- E2F1 and c-Myc in cell growth and deathItaru Matsumura
Department of Hematology Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871 Japan
Cell Cycle 2:333-8. 2003..For example, overexpression of c-Myc or E2F1, which are involved in G1/S transition, causes apoptosis under certain conditions...
- Identification and characterization of E2F7, a novel mammalian E2F family member capable of blocking cellular proliferationAlain de Bruin
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 278:42041-9. 2003..Like the expression of the known E2F activators, E2F1, E2F2, and E2F3, the expression of E2F7 is growth-regulated, at least in part, through E2F binding elements on its ..
- Impaired pancreatic growth, beta cell mass, and beta cell function in E2F1 (-/- )miceLluis Fajas
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Louis Pasteur, Illkirch, France
J Clin Invest 113:1288-95. 2004We evaluated the effects of E2F1 on glucose homeostasis using E2F1(-/-) mice. E2F1(-/-) mice show an overall reduction in pancreatic size as the result of impaired postnatal pancreatic growth...
- Diabetes and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in E2F1/E2F2 double-mutant miceAinhoa Iglesias
Department of Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Spain
J Clin Invest 113:1398-407. 2004..Here we use mutant mouse strains to investigate the function of E2F1 and E2F2 in vivo...
- Cloning and characterization of mouse E2F8, a novel mammalian E2F family member capable of blocking cellular proliferationBaidehi Maiti
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, and Department of Molecular Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 280:18211-20. 2005..evidence in the field, mammalian E2Fs can be functionally categorized into either transcriptional activators (E2F1, E2F2, and E2F3a) or repressors (E2F3b, E2F4, E2F5, E2F6, and E2F7)...
- Chemokine- and neurotrophic factor-induced changes in E2F1 localization and phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product (pRb) occur by distinct mechanisms in murine cortical culturesGordon D Strachan
Department of Pathology, University of Pennsylvania, 240 S 40th St, Room 312 Levy Bldg, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6030, USA
Exp Neurol 193:455-68. 2005The retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product (pRb) and E2F1 have been found to exhibit altered localization and increased staining in several neurodegenerative diseases...
- A role for E2F6 in the restriction of male-germ-cell-specific gene expressionMichael Pohlers
Children s Hospital, Laboratory for Molecular Biology, Charité CCM, Humboldt University, Ziegelstrasse 5 9, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
Curr Biol 15:1051-7. 2005..Like other E2Fs, E2F6 binds to E2F consensus sites, but in contrast to E2F1-5, it lacks an Rb binding domain and functions as an Rb-independent transcriptional repressor [2, 3, 4 and 5]...
- E2F1 is crucial for E2F-dependent apoptosisEros Lazzerini Denchi
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
EMBO Rep 6:661-8. 2005..Apoptosis induced by E2F3 is associated with the accumulation of E2F1 and, strikingly, we found that E2F3-induced apoptosis is dependent on E2F1...
- Distinctions in the specificity of E2F function revealed by gene expression signaturesEsther P Black
Duke Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Medical Center, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15948-53. 2005..Both E2F1 and E2F3 proteins have been shown to be particularly important for cell proliferation, whereas the E2F1 protein has ..
- Control of the p53-p21CIP1 Axis by E2f1, E2f2, and E2f3 is essential for G1/S progression and cellular transformationNidhi Sharma
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36124-31. 2006..Previous work has demonstrated that the targeted inactivation of E2f1, E2f2, and E2f3 results in elevated p21(CIP1) protein levels, loss of E2F target gene expression, and cell cycle ..
- E2f1, E2f2, and E2f3 control E2F target expression and cellular proliferation via a p53-dependent negative feedback loopCynthia Timmers
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, 410 W 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:65-78. 2007..gene-targeting approach, we show that the targeted disruption of the entire E2F activator subclass composed of E2f1, E2f2, and E2f3 in mouse embryonic fibroblasts leads to the activation of p53 and the induction of p53 target genes,..
- Rb-mediated neuronal differentiation through cell-cycle-independent regulation of E2f3aDanian Chen
Genetics and Development Division, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Biol 5:e179. 2007..These data reveal a mechanism through which Rb regulates neural differentiation directly, and, unexpectedly, it involves inhibition of E2f3a, not potentiation of tissue-specific factors...
- Intestinal hyperplasia induced by simian virus 40 large tumor antigen requires E2F2M Teresa Sáenz-Robles
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Virol 81:13191-9. 2007..proliferation is reduced in mice lacking either E2F2 alone or both E2F2 and E2F3a, but not in mice lacking E2F1. These studies support a model in which T antigen eliminates Rb-E2F repressive complexes so that specific activator ..
- Specific tumor suppressor function for E2F2 in Myc-induced T cell lymphomagenesisRene Opavsky
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, College of Medicine and Public Health, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15400-5. 2007..bitransgenic mouse model of Myc-induced T cell lymphomagenesis and analyzed tumor progression in mice deficient for E2f1, E2f2, or E2f3...
- Mouse development with a single E2F activatorShih Yin Tsai
Department of Molecular Genetics, College of Biological Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nature 454:1137-41. 2008..To begin to evaluate this genetic complexity, we targeted the inactivation of the entire subset of activators, E2f1, E2f2, E2f3a and E2f3b, singly or in combination in mice...
- Regulation of the PDK4 isozyme by the Rb-E2F1 complexMichael C F Hsieh
Department of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 283:27410-7. 2008Loss of the transcription factor E2F1 elicits a complex metabolic phenotype in mice underscored by reduced adiposity and protection from high fat diet-induced diabetes...
- E2f3a and E2f3b contribute to the control of cell proliferation and mouse developmentJean Leon Chong
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:414-24. 2009..was sufficient to support E2F target gene expression and cell proliferation in the absence of other E2F activators, E2f1 and E2f2, suggesting that these isoforms have redundant functions...
- The CDK4-pRB-E2F1 pathway controls insulin secretionJean Sebastien Annicotte
INSERM, U834, Montpellier, F 34298, France
Nat Cell Biol 11:1017-23. 2009CDK4-pRB-E2F1 cell-cycle regulators are robustly expressed in non-proliferating beta cells, suggesting that besides the control of beta-cell number the CDK4-pRB-E2F1 pathway has a role in beta-cell function...
- E2f1-3 switch from activators in progenitor cells to repressors in differentiating cellsJean Leon Chong
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nature 462:930-4. 2009..protein (Rb) functions to restrict cells from entering S phase by binding and sequestering E2f activators (E2f1, E2f2 and E2f3), which are invariably portrayed as the ultimate effectors of a transcriptional program that commit ..
- E2F-1 has dual roles depending on the cell cycleFikret Sahin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Finch University of Health Sciences Chicago Medical School now Rosalind Franklin University, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, Illinois 60064 3095, USA
Int J Biol Sci 6:116-28. 2010....
- Cell proliferation in the absence of E2F1-3Pamela L Wenzel
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dev Biol 351:35-45. 2011..in cultured mouse embryonic fibroblasts that concomitant loss of three E2F activators with overlapping functions (E2F1, E2F2, and E2F3) triggered the p53-p21(Cip1) response and caused cell cycle arrest...
- JAZ mediates G1 cell cycle arrest by interacting with and inhibiting E2F1Mingli Yang
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Shands Cancer Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Cell Cycle 10:2390-9. 2011..negatively regulate the cell cycle in a novel, p53-independent mechanism resulting from the direct interaction with E2F1, a key intermediate in regulating cell proliferation and tumor suppression...
- E2F transcription factor-1 regulates oxidative metabolismEmilie Blanchet
IRCM, Institut de Recherche en Cancérologie de Montpellier, Montpellier F 34298, France
Nat Cell Biol 13:1146-52. 2011..In pancreatic β-cells, E2F1 gene regulation facilitated glucose-stimulated insulin secretion...
- pRb is an obesity suppressor in hypothalamus and high-fat diet inhibits pRb in this locationZhonglei Lu
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
EMBO J 32:844-57. 2013..These defects can be corrected by combined deletion of E2f1. In contrast, deleting Rb1 in the antagonizing AGRP/NPY neurons shows no effects...
- E2f2 induces cone photoreceptor apoptosis independent of E2f1 and E2f3D Chen
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell Death Differ 20:931-40. 2013The 'activating' E2fs (E2f1-3) are transcription factors that potently induce quiescent cells to divide...
- The E2F-1 transcription factor promotes caspase-8 and bid expression, and enhances Fas signaling in T cellsQingyu Cao
David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 173:1111-7. 2004..Enforced expression of Bid can partially restore apoptosis in E2F-1-deficient T cells. Thus, E2F-1 integrates cell cycle progression with apoptosis...
- Repression of transcriptional activity of C/EBPalpha by E2F-dimerization partner complexesKatrin Zaragoza
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Tumorigenesis and Cell Differentiation, Robert Roessle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 30:2293-304. 2010..Our data suggest a tripartite balance between C/EBPalpha, E2F/DP, and pocket proteins in the control of proliferation, differentiation, and tumorigenesis...
- Targeted gene mutation of E2F1 evokes age-dependent synaptic disruption and behavioral deficitsJenhao H Ting
Department of Pathology, University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurochem 129:850-63. 2014Aberrant expression and activation of the cell cycle protein E2F1 in neurons has been implicated in many neurodegenerative diseases...
- Autophagic program is regulated by miR-325L Bo
Division of Cardiovascular Research, State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Cell Death Differ 21:967-77. 2014..the molecular mechanism by which miR-325 expression is regulated, our results revealed that the transcription factor E2F1 contributed to promote miR-325 expression...
- Inactivation of Rb and E2f8 synergizes to trigger stressed DNA replication during erythroid terminal differentiationSeda Ghazaryan
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Cancer Center, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:2833-47. 2014....
- Regulation of DLK1 by the maternally expressed miR-379/miR-544 cluster may underlie callipyge polar overdominance inheritanceYun Qian Gao
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Model Animal Research Center and Ministry of Education MOE Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210061, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:13627-32. 2015..Our results suggest that maternal expression of the imprinted miR-379/miR-544 cluster regulates paternal expression of the Dlk1 gene in mice. We therefore propose a miR-based molecular working model for polar overdominance inheritance. ..
- Expression patterns of the E2F family of transcription factors during mouse nervous system developmentL Dagnino
Division of Immunology and Cancer Research, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mech Dev 66:13-25. 1997..We conclude that individual E2F forms are differentially regulated during the development of distinct tissues, and especially during neuronal development...
- Nuclear localization of Cdk5 is a key determinant in the postmitotic state of neuronsJie Zhang
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers University, 604 Allison Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8772-7. 2008..Further, in both human Alzheimer's disease as well as in the R1.40 mouse Alzheimer's model and the E2f1(-/-) mouse, neurons expressing cell cycle markers consistently show reduced nuclear Cdk5...
- The Cdk4-E2f1 pathway regulates early pancreas development by targeting Pdx1+ progenitors and Ngn3+ endocrine precursorsSo Yoon Kim
Regenerative Biology Section, Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Obesity Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 138:1903-12. 2011..We show that Cdk4 and its downstream transcription factor E2f1 regulate mouse pancreas development prior to and during the secondary transition...
- Characterization of transcription factor E2F complexes during muscle and neuronal differentiationH B Corbeil
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Oncogene 11:909-20. 1995..These results suggested that in both muscle and neurons, pRB and p130 may play specific roles in the development or maintenance of terminal differentiation...
- Cell adhesion to substratum and activation of tyrosine kinases are essentially required for G1/S phase transition in BALB/c 3T3 fibroblastsT Kuzumaki
Department of Biochemistry, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1310:185-92. 1996..These results suggest that cell adhesion to substratum plays an important role in the G1/S phase transition of mouse BALB/c 3T3 fibroblasts through the activation of tyrosine kinases other than growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinases...
- Molecular cloning, chromosomal mapping, and expression of the mouse p107 geneK Huppi
Laboratory of Genetics, Molecular Genetics Section, Building 37, Room 2B 21, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mamm Genome 7:353-5. 1996..Chromosomal positioning of the locus for p107 (designated Rbl1) as well as E2f1 to the distal end of mouse Chromosome (Chr) 2 also suggests a close but unlinked genetic relationship between these ..
- Expression of the E2F-1/DP-1 transcription factor in murine developmentS G Tevosian
Department of Biochemistry, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:43-52. 1996..Furthermore, the unusual pattern of E2F-1 and DP-1 developmental expression may have an essential role in certain cells and tissues in the late embryonic and early postnatal period...
- Overexpression of E2F1 in astrocytes leads to neoplastic transformation and changes in expression of retinoblastoma family membersM Miyajima
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
J Neurosci Res 46:108-13. 1996Overexpression of mouse E2F1 full-length but not truncated forms results in neoplastic transformation of astrocytes in vitro...
- Dual mechanisms of repression of E2F1 activity by the retinoblastoma gene productE Zacksenhaus
Division of Immunology and Cancer Research, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
EMBO J 15:5917-27. 1996..gene product, pRb, negatively regulates cell proliferation by modulating the activity of the transcription factor E2F1 that controls expression of S-phase genes...
- Organization of the gene encoding transcriptional repressor deltaEF1 and cross-species conservation of its domainsR Sekido
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Gene 173:227-32. 1996..It was also indicated that rodent deltaEF1 lacked exon 3...
- Disruption of the pRb/E2F pathway and inhibition of apoptosis are major oncogenic events in liver constitutively expressing c-myc and transforming growth factor alphaE Santoni-Rugiu
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
Cancer Res 58:123-34. 1998..of G1-S transition was also indicated by the dramatic up-regulation, particularly in the HCCs, of pRb-free E2F1-DP1 and E2F2-DP1 transcription factor heterodimers, as assessed by immunoprecipitation and immunohistochemistry...
- Induction of p53 and melanoma cell death is reciprocal with down-regulation of E2F, cyclin D1 and pRBM Rieber
Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Centro de Microbiologia y Biologia Celular, Tumor Cell Biology Laboratory, Caracas, Venzuela
Int J Cancer 76:757-60. 1998..Our data suggest that over-expression of p53 correlates with down-regulation of E2F, cyclin D1 in inducing apoptosis...
- A mutant E2F-1 transcription factor that affects the phenotype of NIH3T3 fibroblasts inefficiency associates with cyclin A-cdk2K L Jordan-Sciutto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Biochem Cell Biol 76:37-44. 1998The amino-terminal domain of the E2F1 transcription factor is the site of association with cyclin A-cdk2, mapping to residues 87-94...
- Characterization of the 3' untranslated region of mouse E2F1 mRNAS M Bartley
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Gene 223:355-60. 1998..We have focused on characterizing the cell cycle stage-specific expression of one family member, E2F1. Previous studies indicated that there are two mouse E2F1 (mE2F1) mRNA species whose abundance peaks in early S ..
- Molecular interaction map of the mammalian cell cycle control and DNA repair systemsK W Kohn
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:2703-34. 1999..The map shows how multiprotein complexes could assemble and function at gene promoter sites and at sites of DNA damage. It also portrays the richness of connections between the p53-Mdm2 subsystem and other parts of the network...
- Expression of the E2F family of transcription factors during murine developmentJ C Kusek
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, ULSD, University of Louisville Birth Defects Center, KY 40292, USA
Int J Dev Biol 44:267-77. 2000....
- E2F1 and p53 are dispensable, whereas p21(Waf1/Cip1) cooperates with Rb to restrict endoreduplication and apoptosis during skeletal myogenesisZ Jiang
Department of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, 67 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 227:8-41. 2000..Although E2F1 and p53 mediate ectopic DNA synthesis and cell death in several tissues in Rb mutant embryos, both ..
- C/EBP alpha in Aging LiverNikolai Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on data obtained in this project, we are planning to start developing a strategy to correct liver proliferation in elderly. ..
- E2F-dependent cell proliferationNicholas J Dyson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Starting from the list of genes isolated in the screen we plan to identify and characterize proteins that limit E2F-dependent proliferation, and proteins that are needed for the activation of dE2F1-dependent transcription. ..