Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dynlt1b
Description: dynein light chain Tctex-type 1B
Alias: AGS2, Dynlt1, Tctex-1, Tctex1, dynein light chain Tctex-type 1, T-complex testis-specific protein 1, activator of G-protein signaling 2, dynein light chain Tctex-type 1D, t-complex testis expressed 1
- Lader E, Ha H, O Neill M, Artzt K, Bennett D. tctex-1: a candidate gene family for a mouse t complex sterility locus. Cell. 1989;58:969-79 pubmed..The aberrant expression of tctex-1 is solely dependent on the t haplotype genes and occurs only in germ cells. The chromosomal location and pattern of expression of tctex-1 make it a candidate for involvement in male sterility. ..
- O Neill M, Artzt K. Identification of a germ-cell-specific transcriptional repressor in the promoter of Tctex-1. Development. 1995;121:561-8 pubmed..Transfection assays using Tctex-1 promoter constructs suggest that GIM functions as a transcriptional repressor. The possible role of Tctex-1 in t complex transmission ratio distortion and sterility is discussed. ..
- DiBella L, Benashski S, Tedford H, Harrison A, Patel King R, King S. The Tctex1/Tctex2 class of dynein light chains. Dimerization, differential expression, and interaction with the LC8 protein family. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14366-73 pubmedThe Tctex1/Tctex2 family of dynein light chains associates with the intermediate chains at the base of the soluble dynein particle. These components are essential for dynein assembly and participate in specific motor-cargo interactions...
- Herzig R, Andersson U, Scarpulla R. Dynein light chain interacts with NRF-1 and EWG, structurally and functionally related transcription factors from humans and drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 23:4263-73 pubmed..Thus, the interaction with dynein light chain is conserved between transcription factors that are structurally and functionally similar between humans and Drosophila. ..
- Merino Gracia J, Zamora Carreras H, Bruix M, Rodríguez Crespo I. Molecular Basis for the Protein Recognition Specificity of the Dynein Light Chain DYNLT1/Tctex1: CHARACTERIZATION OF THE INTERACTION WITH ACTIVIN RECEPTOR IIB. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:20962-20975 pubmedIt has been suggested that DYNLT1, a dynein light chain known to bind to various cellular and viral proteins, can function both as a molecular clamp and as a microtubule-cargo adapter...
- Mueller S, Cao X, Welker R, Wimmer E. Interaction of the poliovirus receptor CD155 with the dynein light chain Tctex-1 and its implication for poliovirus pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7897-904 pubmed..Association with Tctex-1 and, hence, with the dynein motor complex may offer an explanation for how poliovirus hijacks the cellular transport machinery to retrogradely ascend along the axon to the neuronal cell body. ..
- Browning V, Chaudhry S, Planchart A, Dixon M, Schimenti J. Mutations of the mouse Twist and sy (fibrillin 2) genes induced by chemical mutagenesis of ES cells. Genomics. 2001;73:291-8 pubmed
- Lyon M, Schimenti J, Evans E. Narrowing the critical regions for mouse t complex transmission ratio distortion factors by use of deletions. Genetics. 2000;155:793-801 pubmed..It is suggested that the original distorter Tcd1 in fact consists of two loci: Tcd1a, lying between D17Mit164 and D17Leh48, and Tcd1b, lying between T and D17Leh66E. ..
- Kai N, Mishina M, Yagi T. Molecular cloning of Fyn-associated molecules in the mouse central nervous system. J Neurosci Res. 1997;48:407-24 pubmed
- Pilder S. Identification and linkage mapping of Hst7, a new M. spretus/M. m. domesticus chromosome 17 hybrid sterility locus. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:290-1 pubmed
- Howard C, Gummere G, Lyon M, Bennett D, Artzt K. Genetic and molecular analysis of the proximal region of the mouse t-complex using new molecular probes and partial t-haplotypes. Genetics. 1990;126:1103-14 pubmed
- Himmelbauer H, Silver L. High-resolution comparative mapping of mouse chromosome 17. Genomics. 1993;17:110-20 pubmed..We present the localization of four new DNA markers and determined map positions for 10 other loci, which previously had been assigned to intervals of the t complex only through the study of partial t haplotype chromosomes. ..
- Kagami O, Gotoh M, Makino Y, Mohri H, Kamiya R, Ogawa K. A dynein light chain of sea urchin sperm flagella is a homolog of mouse Tctex 1, which is encoded by a gene of the t complex sterility locus. Gene. 1998;211:383-6 pubmed..3kDa polypeptide (light chain 3) and found that this protein is highly homologous to mouse Tctex1, a protein encoded by a member of the multigene family in the t complex region that is involved in male sterility ..
- Planchart A, Schimenti J. Experimental and computational approaches yield a high-resolution, 1-Mb physical map of the region harboring the mouse t haplotype sterility factor, tcs1. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:668-70 pubmed
- Tseng Y, Gruzdeva N, Li A, Chuang J, Sung C. Identification of the Tctex-1 regulatory element that directs expression to neural stem/progenitor cells in developing and adult brain. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:3327-42 pubmed publisher..Finally, the genomic sequences and the reporter mouse lines described here provide useful experimental tools to advance adult neural stem cell research. ..
- Watanabe T, Fujiwara T, Shimizu F, Okuno S, Suzuki M, Takahashi E, et al. Cloning, expression, and mapping of TCTEL1, a putative human homologue of murine Tcte1, to 6q. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;73:153-6 pubmed..Northern-blot analysis revealed a 0.9-kb transcript in all tissues examined. This gene was mapped by FISH to chromosome bands 6q25.2 --> q25.3, the syntenic region of the murine t-complex locus of chromosome 17. ..
- Schimenti J, Reynolds J, Planchart A. Mutations in Serac1 or Synj2 cause proximal t haplotype-mediated male mouse sterility but not transmission ratio distortion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3342-7 pubmed..These results uncouple the proximal t haplotype sterility locus, S1, from TRD, demonstrating that S1 and the proximal distorter locus, D1, are not the same gene. ..
- Duguay D, Bélanger Nelson E, Mongrain V, Beben A, Khatchadourian A, Cermakian N. Dynein light chain Tctex-type 1 modulates orexin signaling through its interaction with orexin 1 receptor. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26430 pubmed publisher..experiments, we found interactions between OX1R and the dynein light chains Tctex-type 1 and 3 (Dynlt1, Dynlt3)...
- Tai A, Chuang J, Sung C. Localization of Tctex-1, a cytoplasmic dynein light chain, to the Golgi apparatus and evidence for dynein complex heterogeneity. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19639-49 pubmed..Distinct populations of dynein complexes are likely to exist, and such diversity may occur in part at the level of their light chain compositions. ..
- Nakahata N, Saito M. [Regulation of G protein-coupled receptor function by its binding proteins]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007;127:3-14 pubmed..In conclusion, the proteins bound to GPCRs may regulate the intracellular traffic of GPCRs. ..
- Ha H, Howard C, Yeom Y, Abe K, Uehara H, Artzt K, et al. Several testis-expressed genes in the mouse t-complex have expression differences between wild-type and t-mutant mice. Dev Genet. 1991;12:318-32 pubmed..Interestingly, four Tctex genes show differences in the amount of transcript between wild-type and t-mutant testes. The chromosomal location and expression pattern imply that Tctex genes might be candidate genes for sterility or TRD. ..