Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dynll1
Description: dynein light chain LC8-type 1
Alias: Dlc8, Dnclc1, Pin, dynein light chain 1, cytoplasmic, 8 kDa dynein light chain, 8kD LC, 8kDa LC, dynein, cytoplasmic, light chain 1, dynein, cytoplasmic, light peptide, mPIN, protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase, protein inhibitor of nitric oxide synthase
- Banks G, Haas M, Line S, Shepherd H, AlQatari M, Stewart S, et al. Behavioral and other phenotypes in a cytoplasmic Dynein light intermediate chain 1 mutant mouse. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5483-94 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the important role that dynein-controlled processes play in the correct development and function of the mammalian nervous system. ..
- Chaudhury A, Rao Y, Goyal R. PIN/LC8 is associated with cytosolic but not membrane-bound nNOS in the nitrergic varicosities of mice gut: implications for nitrergic neurotransmission. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G442-51 pubmed publisher..demonstrates the presence and binding of the protein LC8 (described as "protein inhibitor of nNOS" or PIN in some reports) to different components of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) in nitrergic varicosities of mice ..
- Jin M, Yamada M, Arai Y, Nagai T, Hirotsune S. Arl3 and LC8 regulate dissociation of dynactin from dynein. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5295 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncovered the surprising functional relevance of GTP-bound Arl3 and LC8 for the unloading regulation of dynactin-bound cargo from dynein motor. ..
- Chen Y, Gerwin C, Sheng Z. Dynein light chain LC8 regulates syntaphilin-mediated mitochondrial docking in axons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:9429-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides new mechanistic insights into controlling mitochondrial mobility through a dynamic interaction between the mitochondrial docking receptor and axonal cytoskeleton. ..
- Wong D, Li L, Jurado S, King A, Bamford R, Wall M, et al. The Transcription Factor ASCIZ and Its Target DYNLL1 Are Essential for the Development and Expansion of MYC-Driven B Cell Lymphoma. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1488-1499 pubmed publisher..transcription factor ASCIZ (ATMIN, ZNF822) synergizes with MYC to activate the expression of dynein light chain (DYNLL1, LC8) in the murine EÎ¼-Myc model of lymphoma...
- Mok Y, Lo K, Zhang M. Structure of Tctex-1 and its interaction with cytoplasmic dynein intermediate chain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14067-74 pubmed..showed that Tctex-1 adopts a structure remarkably similar to that of the 8-kDa light chain of the motor complex (DLC8), although the two light chains share no amino acid sequence homology...
- Di Bartolomeo S, Corazzari M, Nazio F, Oliverio S, Lisi G, Antonioli M, et al. The dynamic interaction of AMBRA1 with the dynein motor complex regulates mammalian autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:155-68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results demonstrate that in addition to a function for microtubules in mediating autophagosome transport, there is a strict and regulatory relationship between cytoskeleton dynamics and autophagosome formation. ..
- Goggolidou P, Stevens J, Agueci F, Keynton J, Wheway G, Grimes D, et al. ATMIN is a transcriptional regulator of both lung morphogenesis and ciliogenesis. Development. 2014;141:3966-77 pubmed publisher..Here we analyse three mouse mutants, Atmin(gpg6/gpg6), Atmin(H210Q/H210Q) and Dynll1(GT/GT), revealing how ATMIN and its transcriptional target dynein light chain LC8-type 1 (DYNLL1) are required for ..
- Lee K, Lee S, Kim B, Chang S, Kim S, Paick J, et al. Dazl can bind to dynein motor complex and may play a role in transport of specific mRNAs. EMBO J. 2006;25:4263-70 pubmed..The Dazl-bound mRNAs may be stored at specific sites and would be available for future developmental processes. Our study revealed the presence of an active mRNA transport system in mouse male germ cells. ..
- Chen H, Chen J, Yu S, Li H, Yang P, Su C, et al. Transcriptome analysis in blastocyst hatching by cDNA microarray. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2492-501 pubmed..This work provides important information for studying the mechanisms of blastocyst hatching and implantation. These hatching-specific genes may have potential as new drug targets for controlling fertility. ..
- Yang Z, Vadlamudi R, Kumar R. Dynein light chain 1 phosphorylation controls macropinocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:654-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the regulation of DLC1 by Pak1 is a novel mechanism by which a signaling kinase might influence macropinocytosis. ..
- Feng Y, Olson E, Stukenberg P, Flanagan L, Kirschner M, Walsh C. LIS1 regulates CNS lamination by interacting with mNudE, a central component of the centrosome. Neuron. 2000;28:665-79 pubmed..Thus, LIS1-mNudE interactions may regulate neuronal migration through dynamic reorganization of the MTOC. ..
- Pfister K, Fisher E, Gibbons I, Hays T, Holzbaur E, McIntosh J, et al. Cytoplasmic dynein nomenclature. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:411-3 pubmed..This nomenclature recognizes the two distinct cytoplasmic dynein complexes and has the flexibility to accommodate the discovery of new subunits and isoforms. ..
- Lim R, Winteringham L, Williams J, McCulloch R, Ingley E, Tiao J, et al. MADM, a novel adaptor protein that mediates phosphorylation of the 14-3-3 binding site of myeloid leukemia factor 1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:40997-1008 pubmed..In summary, this study has identified two partner proteins of Mlf1 that may influence its subcellular localization and biological function. ..
- Goggolidou P, Hadjirin N, Bak A, Papakrivopoulou E, Hilton H, Norris D, et al. Atmin mediates kidney morphogenesis by modulating Wnt signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:5303-16 pubmed publisher..The identification of a novel modulator of Wnt signaling has important implications for understanding the pathobiology of renal disease. ..
- Song C, Wen W, Rayala S, Chen M, Ma J, Zhang M, et al. Serine 88 phosphorylation of the 8-kDa dynein light chain 1 is a molecular switch for its dimerization status and functions. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:4004-13 pubmedDynein light chain 1 (DLC1, also known as DYNLL1, LC8, and PIN), a ubiquitously expressed and highly conserved protein, participates in a variety of essential intracellular events...
- Cooper S, Hanson I. A screen for proteins that interact with PAX6: C-terminal mutations disrupt interaction with HOMER3, DNCL1 and TRIM11. BMC Genet. 2005;6:43 pubmed
- Magee T, Ferrini M, Davila H, Zeller C, Vernet D, Sun J, et al. Protein inhibitor of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor are expressed in the rat and mouse penile nerves and colocalize with penile neuronal NOS. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:478-88 pubmed..by the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) and, presumably, is inhibited by the protein inhibitor of NOS (PIN). The PnNOS and NMDAR are expressed in the penis, and PnNOS has been localized in penile nerves...
- Splinter D, Razafsky D, Schlager M, Serra Marques A, Grigoriev I, Demmers J, et al. BICD2, dynactin, and LIS1 cooperate in regulating dynein recruitment to cellular structures. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4226-41 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that dynein recruitment to cargo requires concerted action of multiple dynein cofactors...
- Hashimoto Tane A, Yokosuka T, Sakata Sogawa K, Sakuma M, Ishihara C, Tokunaga M, et al. Dynein-driven transport of T cell receptor microclusters regulates immune synapse formation and T cell activation. Immunity. 2011;34:919-31 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cSMAC formation by TCR-MC movement depends on dynein and MTs, and the movement regulates T cell activation. ..
- Kaiser F, Moroy T, Chang G, Horsthemke B, Lüdecke H. The RING finger protein RNF4, a co-regulator of transcription, interacts with the TRPS1 transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38780-5 pubmed..Using a luciferase reporter assay, we could demonstrate that the repressional function of TRPS1 is inhibited by RNF4. This finding suggests that RNF4 is a negative regulator of TRPS1 activity. ..
- King A, Li L, Wong D, Liu R, Bamford R, Strasser A, et al. Dynein light chain regulates adaptive and innate B cell development by distinctive genetic mechanisms. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007010 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the multi-functional dynein light chain (DYNLL1/LC8) plays important roles in the establishment of B-1a cells in the peritoneal cavity and in the ongoing ..