Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dync2h1
Description: dynein cytoplasmic 2 heavy chain 1
Alias: 4432416O06Rik, AI448217, D030010H02Rik, D330044F14Rik, DHC1b, DHC2, Dnchc2, b2b414Clo, mKIAA1997, cytoplasmic dynein 2 heavy chain 1, cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain 2, dynein cytoplasmic heavy chain 2, dynein heavy chain 11, dynein heavy chain 2, dynein heavy chain isotype 1B, mDHC11
- Beckers A, Alten L, Viebahn C, Andre P, Gossler A. The mouse homeobox gene Noto regulates node morphogenesis, notochordal ciliogenesis, and left right patterning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15765-70 pubmed..Our results establish Noto as an essential regulator of node morphogenesis and ciliogenesis in the posterior notochord, and suggest Noto acts upstream of Foxj1 and Rfx3...
- Neesen J, Koehler M, Kirschner R, Steinlein C, Kreutzberger J, Engel W, et al. Identification of dynein heavy chain genes expressed in human and mouse testis: chromosomal localization of an axonemal dynein gene. Gene. 1997;200:193-202 pubmed..Two of these clones, gHDHC7 and gMDHC7, are homologous genes encoding axonemal inner arm dyneins. While the human clone is assigned to 3p21, the mouse gene maps to chromosome 14. ..
- Quesnel Vallieres M, Dargaei Z, Irimia M, Gonatopoulos Pournatzis T, Ip J, Wu M, et al. Misregulation of an Activity-Dependent Splicing Network as a Common Mechanism Underlying Autism Spectrum Disorders. Mol Cell. 2016;64:1023-1034 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide evidence that misregulation of an nSR100-dependent splicing network controlled by changes in neuronal activity is causally linked to a substantial fraction of autism cases. ..
- Alten L, Schuster Gossler K, Beckers A, Groos S, Ulmer B, Hegermann J, et al. Differential regulation of node formation, nodal ciliogenesis and cilia positioning by Noto and Foxj1. Development. 2012;139:1276-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, the function of Foxj1 in vertebrate organs of asymmetry is conserved, and Noto regulates node morphogenesis and the posterior localization of cilia on node cells independently of Foxj1. ..
- Goggolidou P, Stevens J, Agueci F, Keynton J, Wheway G, Grimes D, et al. ATMIN is a transcriptional regulator of both lung morphogenesis and ciliogenesis. Development. 2014;141:3966-77 pubmed publisher..embryonic cilia exhibited shortening and bulging, highly similar to the characterised retrograde IFT phenotype of Dync2h1. Depletion of ATMIN or DYNLL1 in cultured cells recapitulated the in vivo ciliogenesis phenotypes and expression ..
- Pfister K, Fisher E, Gibbons I, Hays T, Holzbaur E, McIntosh J, et al. Cytoplasmic dynein nomenclature. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:411-3 pubmed..This nomenclature recognizes the two distinct cytoplasmic dynein complexes and has the flexibility to accommodate the discovery of new subunits and isoforms. ..
- Bonnafe E, Touka M, AitLounis A, Baas D, Barras E, Ucla C, et al. The transcription factor RFX3 directs nodal cilium development and left-right asymmetry specification. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4417-27 pubmed..In conclusion, RFX3 is essential for the differentiation of nodal monocilia and hence for LR body axis determination. ..
- ..Here, we discuss the links between cilia and Shh signaling, as well as suggesting additional roles for cilia, and mechanisms for their placement, in the neural tube. ..