Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dvl3
Description: dishevelled segment polarity protein 3
Alias: b2b2866Clo, segment polarity protein dishevelled homolog DVL-3, dishevelled 3, dsh homolog
- Phillips H, Murdoch J, Chaudhry B, Copp A, Henderson D. Vangl2 acts via RhoA signaling to regulate polarized cell movements during development of the proximal outflow tract. Circ Res. 2005;96:292-9 pubmed
- Lee Y, Gao Y, Wang H. Differential mediation of the Wnt canonical pathway by mammalian Dishevelleds-1, -2, and -3. Cell Signal. 2008;20:443-52 pubmed..the genomes of higher organism (including mammals), three genes encoding isoforms of Dishevelled (Dvl1, Dvl2, and Dvl3) are present...
- Torban E, Wang H, Groulx N, Gros P. Independent mutations in mouse Vangl2 that cause neural tube defects in looptail mice impair interaction with members of the Dishevelled family. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52703-13 pubmed..identified in two independent Lp alleles associated with neural tube defects impair binding to Dvl1, Dvl2, and Dvl3. These findings suggest a molecular mechanism for the neural tube defect seen in Lp mice...
- Yan D, Wallingford J, Sun T, Nelson A, Sakanaka C, Reinhard C, et al. Cell autonomous regulation of multiple Dishevelled-dependent pathways by mammalian Nkd. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:3802-7 pubmed..These data suggest that mNkd may act as a switch to direct Dishevelled activity toward the PCP pathway, and away from the canonical Wnt pathway. ..
- Bikkavilli R, Malbon C. Dishevelled-KSRP complex regulates Wnt signaling through post-transcriptional stabilization of beta-catenin mRNA. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1352-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dishevelled-KSRP complex operates in Wnt regulation of beta-catenin, functioning post-transcriptionally upon CTNNB1 mRNA stability. ..
- Yokoyama N, Golebiewska U, Wang H, Malbon C. Wnt-dependent assembly of supermolecular Dishevelled-3-based complexes. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3693-702 pubmed publisherDishevelled-3 (Dvl3) is a multivalent scaffold protein that is essential to Wnt signaling during development...
- Ma L, Wang Y, Malbon C, Wang H. Dishevelled-3 C-terminal His single amino acid repeats are obligate for Wnt5a activation of non-canonical signaling. J Mol Signal. 2010;5:19 pubmed publisher..pathway regulates the activation of NF-AT) is mediated by three mammalian Dishevelleds (Dvl1, Dvl2, and Dvl3) and the role of the C-terminal region unique to Dvl3 was interrogated...
- Rodriguez Gil D, Hu W, Greer C. Dishevelled proteins are associated with olfactory sensory neuron presynaptic terminals. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56561 pubmed publisher..Moreover, because Dvl proteins were observed in all OSN axons, we hypothesize that they are important determinants of OSN cell differentiation and axon extension...
- Sewduth R, Jaspard Vinassa B, Peghaire C, Guillabert A, Franzl N, Larrieu Lahargue F, et al. The ubiquitin ligase PDZRN3 is required for vascular morphogenesis through Wnt/planar cell polarity signalling. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4832 pubmed publisher..PDZRN3 ubiquitinates Dishevelled 3 (Dvl3), to promote endocytosis of the Frizzled/Dvl3 complex, for PCP signal transduction...
- Orelio C, Dzierzak E. Identification of 2 novel genes developmentally regulated in the mouse aorta-gonad-mesonephros region. Blood. 2003;101:2246-9 pubmed..The identification of differentially expressed genes in the AGM region should yield further insights into the development of this tissue and into the emergence and regulation of HSCs...
- Wang Y, Wang H. Dvl3 translocates IPMK to the cell membrane in response to Wnt. Cell Signal. 2012;24:2389-95 pubmed publisher..IPMK ducking onto Dishevelled-3 (Dvl3) requires a PDZ domain and the COOH-terminal prolyly-rich tail of Dvl3...
- Hocevar B, Mou F, Rennolds J, Morris S, Cooper J, Howe P. Regulation of the Wnt signaling pathway by disabled-2 (Dab2). EMBO J. 2003;22:3084-94 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that Dab2 functions as a negative regulator of canonical Wnt signaling by stabilizing the beta-catenin degradation complex, which may contribute to its proposed role as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Goggolidou P, Hadjirin N, Bak A, Papakrivopoulou E, Hilton H, Norris D, et al. Atmin mediates kidney morphogenesis by modulating Wnt signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:5303-16 pubmed publisher..The identification of a novel modulator of Wnt signaling has important implications for understanding the pathobiology of renal disease. ..
- Song M, Shirasaki R, Cai C, Ruiz E, Evans S, Lee S, et al. T-Box transcription factor Tbx20 regulates a genetic program for cranial motor neuron cell body migration. Development. 2006;133:4945-55 pubmed..Our study suggests that Tbx20 programs a variety of hindbrain motor neurons for migration, independent of directionality, and in facial neurons is a positive regulator of the non-canonical Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Hashimoto M, Shinohara K, Wang J, Ikeuchi S, Yoshiba S, Meno C, et al. Planar polarization of node cells determines the rotational axis of node cilia. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:170-6 pubmed publisher..Dvl2 and Dvl3 proteins were found to be localized to the apical side of the node cells, and their location was polarized to the ..
- Na J, Lykke Andersen K, Torres Padilla M, Zernicka Goetz M. Dishevelled proteins regulate cell adhesion in mouse blastocyst and serve to monitor changes in Wnt signaling. Dev Biol. 2007;302:40-9 pubmed..This suggests that perturbing Dvl function interferes with cell-cell adhesion through the non-canonical Wnt pathway in blastocysts. ..
- Glasco D, Sittaramane V, Bryant W, Fritzsch B, Sawant A, Paudyal A, et al. The mouse Wnt/PCP protein Vangl2 is necessary for migration of facial branchiomotor neurons, and functions independently of Dishevelled. Dev Biol. 2012;369:211-22 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, genetic-interaction experiments suggest that rostral FBM neuron migration, which is normally suppressed, depends upon Dvl function. ..
- Berwick D, Harvey K. LRRK2 functions as a Wnt signaling scaffold, bridging cytosolic proteins and membrane-localized LRP6. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4966-79 pubmed publisher..Finally, a newly developed LRRK2 kinase inhibitor disrupted Wnt signaling to a similar extent as pathogenic LRRK2 mutations. The use of LRRK2 kinase inhibition to treat PD may therefore need reconsideration. ..
- Suriben R, Kivimäe S, Fisher D, Moon R, Cheyette B. Posterior malformations in Dact1 mutant mice arise through misregulated Vangl2 at the primitive streak. Nat Genet. 2009;41:977-85 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Dact1 contributes to morphogenesis at the primitive streak by regulating Vangl2 upstream of cell adhesion and the PCP pathway. ..
- Yu H, Ye X, Guo N, Nathans J. Frizzled 2 and frizzled 7 function redundantly in convergent extension and closure of the ventricular septum and palate: evidence for a network of interacting genes. Development. 2012;139:4383-94 pubmed publisher..When Fz2 and/or Fz7 mutations are combined with mutations in Vangl2, Dvl3, Wnt3a, Wnt5a or Wnt11, an increased frequency of VSDs is observed with Dvl3, Wnt3a and Wnt11; an increased ..
- Krizhanovsky V, Soreq L, Kliminski V, Ben Arie N. Math1 target genes are enriched with evolutionarily conserved clustered E-box binding sites. J Mol Neurosci. 2006;28:211-29 pubmed..Our findings may be useful to the study of other bHLH transcription factors, many of which control the development of the nervous system. ..
- Luo Z, Wang Q, Zhou J, Wang J, Luo Z, Liu M, et al. Regulation of AChR clustering by Dishevelled interacting with MuSK and PAK1. Neuron. 2002;35:489-505 pubmed..Inhibition of PAK1 activity attenuates AChR clustering. These results demonstrate important roles of Dvl and PAK in Agrin/MuSK-induced AChR clustering and reveal a novel function of Dvl in synapse development. ..
- Ohata S, Nakatani J, Herranz Pérez V, Cheng J, Belinson H, Inubushi T, et al. Loss of Dishevelleds disrupts planar polarity in ependymal motile cilia and results in hydrocephalus. Neuron. 2014;83:558-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Dvls are continuously required for E cell planar polarity and may prevent hydrocephalus. ..
- Huang X, McGann J, Liu B, Hannoush R, Lill J, Pham V, et al. Phosphorylation of Dishevelled by protein kinase RIPK4 regulates Wnt signaling. Science. 2013;339:1441-5 pubmed publisher..Wnt-dependent growth of xenografted human tumor cells was suppressed by RIPK4 knockdown, suggesting that RIPK4 overexpression may contribute to the growth of certain tumor types. ..
- Bikkavilli R, Malbon C. Arginine methylation of G3BP1 in response to Wnt3a regulates ?-catenin mRNA. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2310-20 pubmed publisher..Methylation of G3BP1 constitutes a molecular switch that regulates Ctnnb1 mRNA in response to Wnt3a. Thus, the protein arginine methylation that targets G3BP1 acts as a novel regulator of Ctnnb1 mRNA. ..
- Cajanek L, Ganji R, Henriques Oliveira C, Theofilopoulos S, Konik P, Bryja V, et al. Tiam1 regulates the Wnt/Dvl/Rac1 signaling pathway and the differentiation of midbrain dopaminergic neurons. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:59-70 pubmed publisher..First, we characterize the interaction between Rac1 and Dvl and identify the N-terminal part of Dvl3 as necessary for Rac1 binding...
- Chen Y, Stump R, Lovicu F, Shimono A, McAvoy J. Wnt signaling is required for organization of the lens fiber cell cytoskeleton and development of lens three-dimensional architecture. Dev Biol. 2008;324:161-76 pubmed publisher..Components of the Wnt/Planar Cell Polarity (PCP) pathway were downregulated or inhibited. Taken together this supports a role for Wnt/PCP signaling in orchestrating the complex organization and dynamics of the fiber cell cytoskeleton...
- Yang A, Kaghad M, Wang Y, Gillett E, Fleming M, Dotsch V, et al. p63, a p53 homolog at 3q27-29, encodes multiple products with transactivating, death-inducing, and dominant-negative activities. Mol Cell. 1998;2:305-16 pubmed..We demonstrate that these truncated p63 variants can act as dominant-negative agents toward transactivation by p53 and p63, and we suggest the possibility of physiological interactions among members of the p53 family. ..
- Huang T, Xie Z, Wang J, Li M, Jing N, Li L. Nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) proteins repress canonical Wnt signaling via its interaction with Dishevelled (Dvl) protein and participate in regulating neural progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37399-405 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that NFAT negatively regulates canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling by binding to Dvl, thereby participating in vertebrate neurogenesis. ..
- Funato Y, Terabayashi T, Sakamoto R, Okuzaki D, Ichise H, Nojima H, et al. Nucleoredoxin sustains Wnt/?-catenin signaling by retaining a pool of inactive dishevelled protein. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1945-52 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an unexpected function of NRX, retaining a pool of inactive Dvl for robust activation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling upon Wnt stimulation. ..