Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dusp10
Description: dual specificity phosphatase 10
Alias: 2610306G15Rik, AI158871, MKP-5, MKP5, dual specificity protein phosphatase 10, MAP kinase phosphatase 5, mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 5
- Png C, Weerasooriya M, Guo J, James S, Poh H, Osato M, et al. DUSP10 regulates intestinal epithelial cell growth and colorectal tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2016;35:206-17 pubmed publisherDual specificity phosphatase 10 (DUSP10), also known as MAP kinase phosphatase 5 (MKP5), negatively regulates the activation of MAP kinases...
- Negishi H, Matsuki K, Endo N, Sarashina H, Miki S, Matsuda A, et al. Beneficial innate signaling interference for antibacterial responses by a Toll-like receptor-mediated enhancement of the MKP-IRF3 axis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19884-9 pubmed publisher..This study, therefore, reveals a hitherto unrecognized and important contribution of a beneficial innate signaling interference against bacterial infections. ..
- Papadopoulos P, Rosa Neto P, Rochford J, Hamel E. Pioglitazone improves reversal learning and exerts mixed cerebrovascular effects in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease with combined amyloid-? and cerebrovascular pathology. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68612 pubmed publisher..They further suggest a potential benefit of pioglitazone in managing neuroinflammation, cerebral perfusion and glucose metabolism in AD patients devoid of cerebrovascular pathology. ..
- Zhang Y, Blattman J, Kennedy N, Duong J, Nguyen T, Wang Y, et al. Regulation of innate and adaptive immune responses by MAP kinase phosphatase 5. Nature. 2004;430:793-7 pubmed..JNK activity was selectively increased in Mkp5 (also known as Dusp10)-deficient mouse cells...
- Lee H, Min K, Yi J, Shi H, Chang W, Jackson L, et al. A Phosphoproteomic Screen Identifies a Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor for Rab3A Protein as a Mitogen-activated Protein (MAP) Kinase Phosphatase-5-regulated MAP Kinase Target in Interleukin 6 (IL-6) Secretion and Myogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:3581-3590 pubmed publisher..These data support the notion that MKP-5 serves as a negative regulator of MAPK-dependent signaling of critical skeletal muscle signaling pathways. ..
- Qian F, Deng J, Gantner B, Flavell R, Dong C, Christman J, et al. Map kinase phosphatase 5 protects against sepsis-induced acute lung injury. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;302:L866-74 pubmed publisher..MAPK phosphatase 5 (MKP5) is a member of the dual-specificity phosphatase family that dephosphorylates activated MAPKs...
- Choi H, Kim W, Kim E, Han B, Min J, Chi S, et al. Dual-specificity phosphatase 10 controls brown adipocyte differentiation by modulating the phosphorylation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72340 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigate the potential role of dual-specificity phosphatase 10 (DUSP10) in brown adipocyte differentiation using primary brown preadipocytes...
- Cheng Q, Zhang Q, Xu X, Yin L, Sun L, Lin X, et al. MAPK phosphotase 5 deficiency contributes to protection against blood-stage Plasmodium yoelii 17XL infection in mice. J Immunol. 2014;192:3686-96 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the impact of MAPK phosphotase 5 (MKP5) on protective immunity against a lethal Plasmodium yoelii 17XL blood-stage infection using MKP5 knockout C57BL/6 ..
- Taxman D, Holley Guthrie E, Huang M, Moore C, Bergstralh D, Allen I, et al. The NLR adaptor ASC/PYCARD regulates DUSP10, mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), and chemokine induction independent of the inflammasome. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:19605-16 pubmed publisher..phosphorylation by pathogens and Toll-like receptor agonists via suppression of the dual-specificity phosphatase, DUSP10/MKP5. Chemokine induction, DUSP function, and MAPK phosphorylation were independent of caspase-1 and IL-1?...
- Gobert R, Joubert L, Curchod M, Salvat C, Foucault I, Jorand Lebrun C, et al. Convergent functional genomics of oligodendrocyte differentiation identifies multiple autoinhibitory signaling circuits. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1538-53 pubmed publisher..We show that a novel inhibitor for one of the identified genes, dual-specificity phosphatase DUSP10/MKP5, was also capable of inducing oligodendrocyte differentiation in primary oligodendrocyte precursors...