Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dsu
Alias: Gm974, Wdt2, dsu, melanoregulin, dilute suppressor protein, whn-dependent transcript 2
- Moore K, Swing D, Copeland N, Jenkins N. The murine dilute suppressor gene encodes a cell autonomous suppressor. Genetics. 1994;138:491-7 pubmedThe murine dilute suppressor gene (dsu) suppresses the coat-color phenotype of three pigment mutations, dilute (d), ashen (ash) and leaden (ln), that each produce adendritic melanocytes...
- Wu X, Masedunskas A, Weigert R, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Hammer J. Melanoregulin regulates a shedding mechanism that drives melanosome transfer from melanocytes to keratinocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2101-9 pubmed publisher..Dilute mice that simultaneously lack melanoregulin, the product of the dilute suppressor locus, exhibit a nearly complete restoration of coat color, but, ..
- Rachel R, Nagashima K, O Sullivan T, Frost L, Stefano F, Marigo V, et al. Melanoregulin, product of the dsu locus, links the BLOC-pathway and OA1 in organelle biogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42446 pubmed publisher..We show that the product of the Mreg(dsu) locus, melanoregulin (MREG), interacts both with members of the HPS BLOC-2 complex and with Oa1 in regulating melanosome size...
- Frost L, Lopes V, Stefano F, Bragin A, Williams D, Mitchell C, et al. Loss of melanoregulin (MREG) enhances cathepsin-D secretion by the retinal pigment epithelium. Vis Neurosci. 2013;30:55-64 pubmed publisher..b>Melanoregulin (MREG)-mediated loss of phagocytic capacity has been linked to diminished intracellular Cat-D activity...
- Xie W, Jen H, Seymour M, Yeh S, Pereira F, Groves A, et al. An Atoh1-S193A Phospho-Mutant Allele Causes Hearing Deficits and Motor Impairment. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8583-8594 pubmed publisher..This opens up the possibility that missense mutations in ATOH1 could increase human vulnerability to loss of hair cells because of aging or trauma. ..
- Moore K, Swing D, Copeland N, Jenkins N. Interaction of the murine dilute suppressor gene (dsu) with fourteen coat color mutations. Genetics. 1990;125:421-30 pubmedThe murine dilute suppressor gene, dsu, was previously shown to suppress the dilute coat color phenotypes of mice homozygous for the dilute (d), leaden (ln), and ashen (ash) mutations...
- Wu X, Martina J, Hammer J. Melanoregulin is stably targeted to the melanosome membrane by palmitoylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;426:209-14 pubmed publisher..e. dilute mice). We recently showed that melanoregulin, the product of the dsu locus, functions as a negative regulator of a shedding mechanism that drives the ..
- Chu T, Tyznik A, Roepke S, Berkley A, Woodward Davis A, Pattacini L, et al. Bystander-activated memory CD8 T cells control early pathogen load in an innate-like, NKG2D-dependent manner. Cell Rep. 2013;3:701-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest an innate role for memory CD8 T cells in the early immune response before the onset of a de novo generated, antigen-specific CD8 T cell response. ..
- Frost L, Lopes V, Bragin A, Reyes Reveles J, Brancato J, Cohen A, et al. The Contribution of Melanoregulin to Microtubule-Associated Protein 1 Light Chain 3 (LC3) Associated Phagocytosis in Retinal Pigment Epithelium. Mol Neurobiol. 2015;52:1135-1151 pubmed publisher..Previously, we identified melanoregulin (MREG) as an intracellular cargo-sorting protein required for the degradation of POS disks...
- Reyes Reveles J, Dhingra A, Alexander D, Bragin A, Philp N, Boesze Battaglia K. Phagocytosis-dependent ketogenesis in retinal pigment epithelium. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:8038-8047 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that FAO and ketogenesis are key to supporting the metabolism of the RPE and preventing the accumulation of lipids that lead to oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction. ..