Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Drd5
Description: dopamine receptor D5
Alias: D5R, Drd-5, Drd1b, Gpcr1, D(1B) dopamine receptor, d(5) dopamine receptor, dopamine D5 receptor, dopamine receptor 5
- Tomé M, Jiménez A, Richter H, Vio K, Bermúdez Silva F, Rodriguez E, et al. The subcommissural organ expresses D2, D3, D4, and D5 dopamine receptors. Cell Tissue Res. 2004;317:65-77 pubmed
- Prado C, Contreras F, Gonzalez H, Diaz P, Elgueta D, Barrientos M, et al. Stimulation of dopamine receptor D5 expressed on dendritic cells potentiates Th17-mediated immunity. J Immunol. 2012;188:3062-70 pubmed publisher..Notably, the expression of D5R decreased upon LPS-induced DC maturation...
- Zeng C, Armando I, Luo Y, Eisner G, Felder R, Jose P. Dysregulation of dopamine-dependent mechanisms as a determinant of hypertension: studies in dopamine receptor knockout mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H551-69 pubmed
- Zhu H, Clemens S, Sawchuk M, Hochman S. Expression and distribution of all dopamine receptor subtypes (D(1)-D(5)) in the mouse lumbar spinal cord: a real-time polymerase chain reaction and non-autoradiographic in situ hybridization study. Neuroscience. 2007;149:885-97 pubmed..The dominant expression of D(2) receptors suggests a leading role for these receptors in dopaminergic actions on postsynaptic spinal neurons. ..
- Heyer J, Xiao Q, Bugaj Gaweda B, Ramboz S, Unterbeck A. Conditional inactivation of the dopamine receptor 5 gene: flanking the Drd5 gene with loxP sites. Genesis. 2002;32:102-4 pubmed
- Takeuchi O, Kawai T, Sanjo H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. TLR6: A novel member of an expanding toll-like receptor family. Gene. 1999;231:59-65 pubmed..The TLR6 gene, as well as the TLR1 gene, mapped to the proximal region of murine chromosome 5 within 1.7cM of each other. These results suggest that TLR6 is a novel member of an expanding TLR family. ..
- Zamanillo D, Casanova E, Alonso Llamazares A, Ovalle S, Chinchetru M, Calvo P. Identification of a cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation site in the carboxy terminal tail of human D1 dopamine receptor. Neurosci Lett. 1995;188:183-6 pubmed..No phosphorylation of the D5 dopamine receptor fusion protein was observed with either PKA or PKC, which indicates that these receptor subtypes might differ in their mechanisms of regulation. ..
- Lapointe N, Rouleau P, Ung R, Guertin P. Specific role of dopamine D1 receptors in spinal network activation and rhythmic movement induction in vertebrates. J Physiol. 2009;587:1499-511 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results clearly show in mice the existence of a role for D1 receptors in spinal network activation and corresponding rhythmic movement generation. ..
- Stoelting M, Geyer M, Reuter S, Reichelt R, Bek M, Pavenstadt H. Alpha/beta hydrolase 1 is upregulated in D5 dopamine receptor knockout mice and reduces O2- production of NADPH oxidase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:81-5 pubmed publisher..While oxidative stress is an important factor for the development of hypertension, ABHD1 could play a protective role in the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Sahu A, Tyeryar K, Vongtau H, Sibley D, Undieh A. D5 dopamine receptors are required for dopaminergic activation of phospholipase C. Mol Pharmacol. 2009;75:447-53 pubmed publisher..Hence, D(5) receptors are required for dopamine and selective D(1)-like agonists to induce phospholipase C-mediated phosphoinositide signaling in the mammalian brain. ..
- Perreault M, Jones Tabah J, O Dowd B, George S. A physiological role for the dopamine D5 receptor as a regulator of BDNF and Akt signalling in rodent prefrontal cortex. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;16:477-83 pubmed publisherThe dopamine D5 receptor (D5R) exhibits a wide distribution in prefrontal cortex (PFC) but its role in this region has not yet been elucidated...
- Kudwa A, Dominguez Salazar E, Cabrera D, Sibley D, Rissman E. Dopamine D5 receptor modulates male and female sexual behavior in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;180:206-14 pubmed..In males, D5 DAR influences rewarding aspects of intromissions. Taken together, the work suggests that the D5 receptor mediates dopamine's action on sexual behavior in both sexes, perhaps via a reward pathway. ..
- Jackson C, Ruan G, Aseem F, Abey J, GAMBLE K, Stanwood G, et al. Retinal dopamine mediates multiple dimensions of light-adapted vision. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9359-68 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that dopamine is necessary for the circadian nature of light-adapted vision as well as optimal contrast detection and acuity. ..
- Herrmann R, Heflin S, Hammond T, Lee B, Wang J, Gainetdinov R, et al. Rod vision is controlled by dopamine-dependent sensitization of rod bipolar cells by GABA. Neuron. 2011;72:101-10 pubmed publisher..They further reveal a role for GABA in sensitizing the circuitry for dim-light vision, thereby complementing GABA's traditional role in providing dynamic feedforward and feedback inhibition in the retina. ..
- Laplante F, Sibley D, Quirion R. Reduction in acetylcholine release in the hippocampus of dopamine D5 receptor-deficient mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2004;29:1620-7 pubmed
- Asico L, Zhang X, Jiang J, Cabrera D, Escano C, Sibley D, et al. Lack of renal dopamine D5 receptors promotes hypertension. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:82-9 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the role of renal D(5) receptors in BP homeostasis and the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Araki K, Sims J, Bhide P. Dopamine receptor mRNA and protein expression in the mouse corpus striatum and cerebral cortex during pre- and postnatal development. Brain Res. 2007;1156:31-45 pubmed..By analyzing D1 receptor protein expression, we show that developmental changes in mRNA expression reliably translate into changes in protein levels, at least for the D1-receptor. ..
- O Sullivan G, Kinsella A, Sibley D, Tighe O, Croke D, Waddington J. Ethological resolution of behavioural topography and D1-like versus D2-like agonist responses in congenic D5 dopamine receptor mutants: identification of D5:D2-like interactions. Synapse. 2005;55:201-11 pubmed..Additionally, they indicate the involvement of phosphoinositide hydrolysis and D(5):D(2)-like interactions in regulating these processes. ..
- Hunyady B, Palkovits M, Mozsik G, Molnar J, Fehér K, Toth Z, et al. Susceptibility of dopamine D5 receptor targeted mice to cysteamine. J Physiol Paris. 2001;95:147-51 pubmed..Thus, D5 receptor subtype is indeed likely to be involved in protective effects of dopamine in the stomach. ..
- Li H, Armando I, Yu P, Escano C, Mueller S, Asico L, et al. Dopamine 5 receptor mediates Ang II type 1 receptor degradation via a ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in mice and human cells. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2180-9 pubmed publisher..results, at least in part, from regulation of the expression of both the antihypertensive dopamine 5 receptor (D5R) and the prohypertensive Ang II type 1 receptor (AT1R)...
- Grosson C, MacDonald M, Duyao M, Ambrose C, Roffler Tarlov S, Gusella J. Synteny conservation of the Huntington's disease gene and surrounding loci on mouse Chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:424-8 pubmed..In human these loci span a approximately 1.8 Mb stretch of human 4p16.3 that has been entirely cloned. To date, there is no phenotypic correspondence between human and mouse mutations mapping to this region of synteny conservation. ..
- SariÃ±ana J, Tonegawa S. Differentiation of forebrain and hippocampal dopamine 1-class receptors, D1R and D5R, in spatial learning and memory. Hippocampus. 2016;26:76-86 pubmed publisherActivation of prefrontal cortical (PFC), striatal, and hippocampal dopamine 1-class receptors (D1R and D5R) is necessary for normal spatial information processing...
- Ennis R, Asico L, Armando I, Yang J, Feranil J, Jurgens J, et al. Dopamine Dâ‚-like receptors regulate the Î±â‚A-adrenergic receptor in human renal proximal tubule cells and Dâ‚-like dopamine receptor knockout mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;307:F1238-48 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the intricacies of the interaction among these receptors is crucial for a better understanding of the crosstalk between anti- and pro-hypertensive systems. ..
- Hurlin P, Queva C, Koskinen P, Steingrimsson E, Ayer D, Copeland N, et al. Mad3 and Mad4: novel Max-interacting transcriptional repressors that suppress c-myc dependent transformation and are expressed during neural and epidermal differentiation. EMBO J. 1995;14:5646-59 pubmed
- Frederick A, Yano H, Trifilieff P, Vishwasrao H, Biezonski D, MÃ©szÃ¡ros J, et al. Evidence against dopamine D1/D2 receptor heteromers. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:1373-85 pubmed publisher..These data are not compatible with SKF83959 signaling through GÎ±q or through a D1/D2 heteromer and challenge the existence of such a signaling complex in the adult animals that we used for our studies. ..
- Swartling F, Grimmer M, Hackett C, Northcott P, Fan Q, Goldenberg D, et al. Pleiotropic role for MYCN in medulloblastoma. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1059-72 pubmed publisher..Targeted expression of MYCN thus contributes to initiation, progression, and maintenance of MB, suggesting a central role for MYCN in pathogenesis. ..
- Leonard S, Ferry Leeper P, Mailman R. Low affinity binding of the classical D1 antagonist SCH23390 in rodent brain: potential interaction with A2A and D2-like receptors. Brain Res. 2006;1117:25-37 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that the heteromerization of D(2) and A(2A) receptors reported previously in vitro also may occur in the brain of both rats and mice. ..
- Liu X, Wang W, Chen W, Jiang X, Zhang Y, Wang Z, et al. Regulation of blood pressure, oxidative stress and AT1R by high salt diet in mutant human dopamine D5 receptor transgenic mice. Hypertens Res. 2015;38:394-9 pubmed publisher..We generated hD5(F173L) cDNA that has a decreased response to D5R agonist-mediated increase in cAMP production and increased production of reactive oxygen species, relative to wild-..
- Ogilvie J, Hakenewerth A, Gardner R, Martak J, Maggio V. Dopamine receptor loss of function is not protective of rd1 rod photoreceptors in vivo. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2868-78 pubmed..The possible role of compensatory effects during retinal development in DA receptor deficient mice is considered. ..
- Miner L, Marley R. Chromosomal mapping of the psychomotor stimulant effects of cocaine in BXD recombinant inbred mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1995;122:209-14 pubmed..The largest associations for baseline activity were observed on chromosomes 5 and 9 and the largest associations for cocaine's psychomotor stimulant effects on chromosomes 3 and 17. ..
- Teder P, Vandivier R, Jiang D, Liang J, Cohn L, Pure E, et al. Resolution of lung inflammation by CD44. Science. 2002;296:155-8 pubmed..This phenotype was partially reversed by reconstitution with CD44+ cells, thus demonstrating a critical role for this receptor in resolving lung inflammation. ..
- Yang Z, Asico L, Yu P, Wang Z, Jones J, Escano C, et al. D5 dopamine receptor regulation of reactive oxygen species production, NADPH oxidase, and blood pressure. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R96-R104 pubmed..The ability of D5 receptor stimulation to decrease ROS production may explain, in part, the antihypertensive action of D5 receptor activation. ..
- Jiang X, Chen W, Liu X, Wang Z, Liu Y, Felder R, et al. The Synergistic Roles of Cholecystokinin B and Dopamine D5 Receptors on the Regulation of Renal Sodium Excretion. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0146641 pubmed publisherRenal dopamine D1-like receptors (D1R and D5R) and the gastrin receptor (CCKBR) are involved in the maintenance of sodium homeostasis...
- Centonze D, Grande C, Usiello A, Gubellini P, Erbs E, Martin A, et al. Receptor subtypes involved in the presynaptic and postsynaptic actions of dopamine on striatal interneurons. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6245-54 pubmed
- Hayashizaki S, Hirai S, Ito Y, Honda Y, Arime Y, Sora I, et al. Methamphetamine increases locomotion and dopamine transporter activity in dopamine d5 receptor-deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75975 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that dopamine transporter activity and threonine phosphorylation levels are regulated by D5 dopamine receptors. ..
- Abdul Majeed S, Nauli S. Dopamine receptor type 5 in the primary cilia has dual chemo- and mechano-sensory roles. Hypertension. 2011;58:325-31 pubmed publisher..We propose that ciliary DR5 has functional chemo- and mechano-sensory roles in endothelial cells. ..
- Li Z, Schmauss C, Cuenca A, Ratcliffe E, Gershon M. Physiological modulation of intestinal motility by enteric dopaminergic neurons and the D2 receptor: analysis of dopamine receptor expression, location, development, and function in wild-type and knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2798-807 pubmed..Because motility is abnormal when D2 is absent, the net inhibitory DA effect on motility is physiologically significant. The early expression of DA receptors is also consistent with the possibility that DA affects ENS development. ..
- Chang N, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Chang Y, Chen W, et al. Assignment of two alpha 2 adrenoceptor subtype genes to murine chromosomes. Neurosci Lett. 1994;167:105-8 pubmed..Both genes mapped in regions of mouse chromosomes consistent with their map location in humans. These mapping results provide additional insights into the linkage relationships among members of this important gene family. ..
- Karunakaran S, Chowdhury A, Donato F, Quairiaux C, Michel C, Caroni P. PV plasticity sustained through D1/5 dopamine signaling required for long-term memory consolidation. Nat Neurosci. 2016;19:454-64 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal general network mechanisms of long-term memory consolidation that requires plasticity of PV basket cells induced after acquisition and sustained subsequently through D1/5 receptor signaling. ..
- Moraga Amaro R, GonzÃ¡lez H, Ugalde V, Donoso Ramos J, Quintana Donoso D, Lara M, et al. Dopamine receptor D5 deficiency results in a selective reduction of hippocampal NMDA receptor subunit NR2B expression and impaired memory. Neuropharmacology. 2016;103:222-35 pubmed publisher..However, the lack of drugs that can discriminate between D1R and D5R has made the pharmacological distinction between the two receptors difficult...
- Yang K, Dani J. Dopamine D1 and D5 receptors modulate spike timing-dependent plasticity at medial perforant path to dentate granule cell synapses. J Neurosci. 2014;34:15888-97 pubmed publisher..The DA D5 receptors appeared particularly important in regulating plasticity of the mPP onto the dentate granule cells. ..
- Wang Z, Armando I, Asico L, Escano C, Wang X, Lu Q, et al. The elevated blood pressure of human GRK4gamma A142V transgenic mice is not associated with increased ROS production. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H2083-92 pubmed..We conclude that the elevated blood pressure of hGRK4gamma A142V transgenic mice is due mainly to the effect of hGRK4gamma A142V transgene acting via D(1)R and increased ROS production is not a contributor. ..
- Abraham A, Neve K, Lattal K. Activation of D1/5 Dopamine Receptors: A Common Mechanism for Enhancing Extinction of Fear and Reward-Seeking Behaviors. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:2072-81 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings show that dopamine D1/5 receptor activation is a target for the enhancement of fear or reward extinction. ..
- Centonze D, Grande C, Saulle E, Martin A, Gubellini P, Pavon N, et al. Distinct roles of D1 and D5 dopamine receptors in motor activity and striatal synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci. 2003;23:8506-12 pubmed
- Villar V, Jones J, Armando I, Asico L, Escano C, Lee H, et al. Sorting nexin 1 loss results in D5 dopamine receptor dysfunction in human renal proximal tubule cells and hypertension in mice. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:152-63 pubmed publisher..The dopamine D5 receptor (D(5)R) interacts with sorting nexin 1 (SNX1), a protein involved in receptor retrieval from the trans-..
- Sarinana J, Kitamura T, Künzler P, Sultzman L, Tonegawa S. Differential roles of the dopamine 1-class receptors, D1R and D5R, in hippocampal dependent memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:8245-50 pubmed publisherActivation of the hippocampal dopamine 1-class receptors (D1R and D5R) are implicated in contextual fear conditioning (CFC). However, the specific role of the D1R versus D5R in hippocampal dependent CFC has not been investigated...
- Maison S, Liu X, Eatock R, Sibley D, Grandy D, Liberman M. Dopaminergic signaling in the cochlea: receptor expression patterns and deletion phenotypes. J Neurosci. 2012;32:344-55 pubmed publisher..In D4 and D5 knock-outs, the increased noise vulnerability was seen only in ABRs, consistent with a role for dopaminergic signaling in minimizing neural damage. ..
- Franz D, Contreras F, GonzÃ¡lez H, Prado C, Elgueta D, Figueroa C, et al. Dopamine receptors D3 and D5 regulate CD4(+)T-cell activation and differentiation by modulating ERK activation and cAMP production. J Neuroimmunol. 2015;284:18-29 pubmed publisher..we aim to determine whether cAMP and ERK1/2-phosphorylation are modulated by dopamine receptor 3 (D3R) and D5R, and how this modulation affects CD4(+) T-cell activation and differentiation...
- Karper P, De la Rosa H, Newman E, Krall C, Nazarian A, McDougall S, et al. Role of D1-like receptors in amphetamine-induced behavioral sensitization: a study using D1A receptor knockout mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002;159:407-14 pubmed