Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Drd1
Description: dopamine receptor D1
Alias: C030036C15Rik, Drd-1, Drd1a, Gpcr15, D(1A) dopamine receptor, D1 receptor, D1A dopamine receptor, G protein-coupled receptor DRD1, dopamine D1 receptor, dopamine receptor D1A
- Drago J, Padungchaichot P, Wong J, Lawrence A, McManus J, Sumarsono S, et al. Targeted expression of a toxin gene to D1 dopamine receptor neurons by cre-mediated site-specific recombination. J Neurosci. 1998;18:9845-57 pubmed..Enkephalin, a marker found in D2-positive striatopallidal projection neurons was expressed in the mutant brain. The mutant represents a novel neurodegenerative disease model with a dramatic extrapyramidal phenotype. ..
- Short J, Ledent C, Borrelli E, Drago J, Lawrence A. Genetic interdependence of adenosine and dopamine receptors: evidence from receptor knockout mice. Neuroscience. 2006;139:661-70 pubmed..b>Dopamine D1 receptor binding was decreased in the caudate putamen, nucleus accumbens, olfactory tubercle and ventral pallidum of ..
- Tran A, Tamura R, Uwano T, Kobayashi T, Katsuki M, Ono T. Dopamine D1 receptors involved in locomotor activity and accumbens neural responses to prediction of reward associated with place. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2117-22 pubmed..The present study investigated the specific contribution of dopamine D1 receptor (D1R) in mediating reward, locomotor activity, and spatial associative processes and in regulating NAc ..
- Wong J, Clifford J, Massalas J, Finkelstein D, Horne M, Waddington J, et al. Neurochemical changes in dopamine D1, D3 and D1/D3 receptor knockout mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;472:39-47 pubmedNeurochemical changes were examined in dopamine D1 receptor knockout (D1(-/-)), dopamine D3 receptor knockout (D3(-/-)) and dopamine D1/D3 receptor double knockout (D1(-/-)D3(-/-)) mice...
- Ralph R, Paulus M, Fumagalli F, Caron M, Geyer M. Prepulse inhibition deficits and perseverative motor patterns in dopamine transporter knock-out mice: differential effects of D1 and D2 receptor antagonists. J Neurosci. 2001;21:305-13 pubmed..hyperdopaminergic state, challenging them with the preferential dopamine D2 receptor antagonist raclopride and D1 receptor antagonist SCH23390...
- Ortiz O, Delgado García J, Espadas I, Bahi A, Trullas R, Dreyer J, et al. Associative learning and CA3-CA1 synaptic plasticity are impaired in D1R null, Drd1a-/- mice and in hippocampal siRNA silenced Drd1a mice. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12288-300 pubmed publisher..In this study, we used two models of dopamine D(1) receptor (D(1)R, Drd1a) loss, D(1)R knock-out mice (Drd1a(-/-)) and mice with intrahippocampal injections of Drd1a-siRNA (small ..
- Kobayashi M, Iaccarino C, Saiardi A, Heidt V, Bozzi Y, Picetti R, et al. Simultaneous absence of dopamine D1 and D2 receptor-mediated signaling is lethal in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11465-70 pubmed..These studies highlight the interrelationship between D1 and D2 receptor-mediated control of motor activity, food intake, and gastrointestinal functions, which has been elusive in the single-gene ablation studies. ..
- Clifford J, Tighe O, Croke D, Sibley D, Drago J, Waddington J. Topographical evaluation of the phenotype of spontaneous behaviour in mice with targeted gene deletion of the D1A dopamine receptor: paradoxical elevation of grooming syntax. Neuropharmacology. 1998;37:1595-602 pubmed
- Tran A, Uwano T, Kimura T, Hori E, Katsuki M, Nishijo H, et al. Dopamine D1 receptor modulates hippocampal representation plasticity to spatial novelty. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13390-400 pubmed publisher..We propose that D1R is crucially implicated in encoding spatial information in novel environments, and influences the plasticity of hippocampal representations, which is important in spatial learning and memory. ..
- Rashid A, So C, Kong M, Furtak T, El Ghundi M, Cheng R, et al. D1-D2 dopamine receptor heterooligomers with unique pharmacology are coupled to rapid activation of Gq/11 in the striatum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:654-9 pubmed..as a specific agonist for the heteromer that activated Gq/11 by functioning as a full agonist for the D1 receptor and a high-affinity partial agonist for a pertussis toxin-resistant D2 receptor within the complex...
- Gan L, Falzone T, Zhang K, Rubinstein M, Baldessarini R, Tarazi F. Enhanced expression of dopamine D(1) and glutamate NMDA receptors in dopamine D(4) receptor knockout mice. J Mol Neurosci. 2004;22:167-78 pubmed
- Herrmann R, Heflin S, Hammond T, Lee B, Wang J, Gainetdinov R, et al. Rod vision is controlled by dopamine-dependent sensitization of rod bipolar cells by GABA. Neuron. 2011;72:101-10 pubmed publisher..They further reveal a role for GABA in sensitizing the circuitry for dim-light vision, thereby complementing GABA's traditional role in providing dynamic feedforward and feedback inhibition in the retina. ..
- Parish C, Finkelstein D, Drago J, Borrelli E, Horne M. The role of dopamine receptors in regulating the size of axonal arbors. J Neurosci. 2001;21:5147-57 pubmed..These results suggest that individual dopaminergic axons in D2(-/-) mice have reached maximal arbor size. We conclude that the D2 receptor may play a role in modulating the extent of the terminal arbor of SNpc neurons. ..
- Drouin C, Darracq L, Trovero F, Blanc G, Glowinski J, Cotecchia S, et al. Alpha1b-adrenergic receptors control locomotor and rewarding effects of psychostimulants and opiates. J Neurosci. 2002;22:2873-84 pubmed
- Babovic D, Jiang L, Gantois I, Lawrence A, Ferreri V, Schutz G, et al. Age-related behavioural phenotype and cellular characterisation of mice with progressive ablation of D1 dopamine receptor-expressing cells. Behav Brain Res. 2010;206:78-87 pubmed publisher..the behavioural and cellular phenotype of mutant (MUT) mice with progressive loss of D1 dopamine receptor (Drd1a)-expressing cells...
- Jackson C, Ruan G, Aseem F, Abey J, GAMBLE K, Stanwood G, et al. Retinal dopamine mediates multiple dimensions of light-adapted vision. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9359-68 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that dopamine is necessary for the circadian nature of light-adapted vision as well as optimal contrast detection and acuity. ..
- Xu M, Moratalla R, Gold L, Hiroi N, Koob G, Graybiel A, et al. Dopamine D1 receptor mutant mice are deficient in striatal expression of dynorphin and in dopamine-mediated behavioral responses. Cell. 1994;79:729-42 pubmed..To investigate the contribution of the dopamine D1 receptor to this modulation, we have used gene targeting technology to generate D1 receptor mutant mice...
- Ralph Williams R, Lehmann Masten V, Otero Corchon V, Low M, Geyer M. Differential effects of direct and indirect dopamine agonists on prepulse inhibition: a study in D1 and D2 receptor knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9604-11 pubmed..These findings emphasize that further cross-species comparisons of the pharmacology of PPI are essential to understand the relevance of rodent PPI studies to the deficits in PPI observed in patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Stipanovich A, Valjent E, Matamales M, Nishi A, Ahn J, Maroteaux M, et al. A phosphatase cascade by which rewarding stimuli control nucleosomal response. Nature. 2008;453:879-84 pubmed publisher..Mutation of Ser 97 profoundly alters behavioural effects of drugs of abuse and decreases motivation for food, underlining the functional importance of this signalling cascade. ..
- Clifford J, Tighe O, Croke D, Kinsella A, Sibley D, Drago J, et al. Conservation of behavioural topography to dopamine D1-like receptor agonists in mutant mice lacking the D1A receptor implicates a D1-like receptor not coupled to adenylyl cyclase. Neuroscience. 1999;93:1483-9 pubmed..These data are consistent with behavioural primacy of a D1-like receptor other than D1A [or D1B] that is coupled to a transduction system other than/additional to adenylyl cyclase. ..
- Gerfen C, Paletzki R, Worley P. Differences between dorsal and ventral striatum in Drd1a dopamine receptor coupling of dopamine- and cAMP-regulated phosphoprotein-32 to activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase. J Neurosci. 2008;28:7113-20 pubmed publisher..Psychoactive stimulants that activate the dopamine D(1) receptor (Drd1a) induce the rapid phosphorylation and activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 (ERK1/2) in neurons ..
- Usiello A, Baik J, Rouge Pont F, Picetti R, Dierich A, LeMeur M, et al. Distinct functions of the two isoforms of dopamine D2 receptors. Nature. 2000;408:199-203 pubmed..The absence of D2L reveals that D2S inhibits D1 receptor-mediated functions, uncovering a circuit of signalling interference between dopamine receptors.
- Xing B, Kong H, Meng X, Wei S, Xu M, Li S. Dopamine D1 but not D3 receptor is critical for spatial learning and related signaling in the hippocampus. Neuroscience. 2010;169:1511-9 pubmed publisher..D(1) receptor-mediated signaling, associated with activation of NR1, CaMKII, ERK and CREB, is highly involved in the encoding of spatial learning and memory. ..
- Drago J, Gerfen C, Lachowicz J, Steiner H, Hollon T, Love P, et al. Altered striatal function in a mutant mouse lacking D1A dopamine receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12564-8 pubmed..These findings show that D1A-/- mice exhibit selective functional alterations in the striatal neurons giving rise to the direct striatal output pathway. ..
- Andre V, Cepeda C, Cummings D, Jocoy E, Fisher Y, William Yang X, et al. Dopamine modulation of excitatory currents in the striatum is dictated by the expression of D1 or D2 receptors and modified by endocannabinoids. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:14-28 pubmed publisher..Dopamine and D1 agonists increased sEPSC frequency in D1 receptor-expressing MSSNs (D1 cells), whereas dopamine and D2 agonists decreased sEPSC frequency in D2 receptor-..
- Li Z, Schmauss C, Cuenca A, Ratcliffe E, Gershon M. Physiological modulation of intestinal motility by enteric dopaminergic neurons and the D2 receptor: analysis of dopamine receptor expression, location, development, and function in wild-type and knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2798-807 pubmed..Because motility is abnormal when D2 is absent, the net inhibitory DA effect on motility is physiologically significant. The early expression of DA receptors is also consistent with the possibility that DA affects ENS development. ..
- de Melo Martimiano P, da Silva G, Coimbra V, Matos R, de Souza B, da Silva A, et al. Perinatal malnutrition stimulates motivation through reward and enhances drd(1a) receptor expression in the ventral striatum of adult mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2015;134:106-14 pubmed publisher..There was an increase in gene expression of the DRD1a receptor in the ventral striatum of malnourished animals, and there were no significant changes concerning the ..
- Blednov Y, Stoffel M, Cooper R, Wallace D, Mane N, Harris R. Hyperactivity and dopamine D1 receptor activation in mice lacking girk2 channels. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002;159:370-8 pubmed..Activation of the dopamine D(1)receptor in a stressful environment may be stronger in GIRK2 deficient mice, and this modified function of D(1) receptors may cause the transient hyperactive behavioral phenotype of these mice. ..
- Xu H, Yang H, Rose G. Chronic haloperidol-induced spatial memory deficits accompany the upregulation of D(1) and D(2) receptors in the caudate putamen of C57BL/6 mouse. Life Sci. 2012;91:322-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the D(1) and D(2) receptors in CP are among the main targets of HAL and the receptors in CP play an important role in spatial learning and memory. ..
- Fukabori R, Okada K, Nishizawa K, Kai N, Kobayashi K, Uchigashima M, et al. Striatal direct pathway modulates response time in execution of visual discrimination. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:784-97 pubmed publisher..The restoration of motor response deficits during repetitive sessions suggests the presence of a mechanism by which the response facilitation is acquired through continuation of learning despite the removal of the striatonigral pathway. ..
- Grueter B, ROBISON A, Neve R, Nestler E, Malenka R. ?FosB differentially modulates nucleus accumbens direct and indirect pathway function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1923-8 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that ?FosB in NAc differentially modulates synaptic properties and reward-related behaviors in a cell type- and subregion-specific fashion. ..
- Xing B, Guo J, Meng X, Wei S, Li S. The dopamine D1 but not D3 receptor plays a fundamental role in spatial working memory and BDNF expression in prefrontal cortex of mice. Behav Brain Res. 2012;235:36-41 pubmed publisher..of the platform location, an index of short-term spatial working memory in mice, was significantly impaired in D1 receptor knockout mice compared to wild-type mice, and regular performance of D3 receptor mutants was observed in the ..
- Fauchey V, Jaber M, Bloch B, Le Moine C. Dopamine control of striatal gene expression during development: relevance to knockout mice for the dopamine transporter. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:3415-25 pubmed
- Pflibsen L, Stang K, Sconce M, Wilson V, Hood R, Meshul C, et al. Executive function deficits and glutamatergic protein alterations in a progressive 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine mouse model of Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci Res. 2015;93:1849-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the behavioral decline following MPTP treatment may be associated with a change not only in cortical-cortical (VGLUT-1) glutamate function but also in striatal DA and glutamate (VGLUT-1/VGLUT-2) input. ..
- Tsuneki H, Nagata T, Fujita M, Kon K, Wu N, Takatsuki M, et al. Nighttime Administration of Nicotine Improves Hepatic Glucose Metabolism via the Hypothalamic Orexin System in Mice. Endocrinology. 2016;157:195-206 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of the present study may provide an insight into novel chronotherapy for type 2 diabetes that targets the central cholinergic and orexinergic systems. ..
- Aira Z, Barrenetxea T, Buesa I, Garcia del Caño G, Azkue J. Dopamine D1-like Receptors Regulate Constitutive, ?-Opioid Receptor-Mediated Repression of Use-Dependent Synaptic Plasticity in Dorsal Horn Neurons: More Harm than Good?. J Neurosci. 2016;36:5661-73 pubmed publisher..We show that the ability of MOR to oppose LTP is rapidly impaired by sustained D1LR activation via a mechanism involving sustained MOR activation. ..
- Levine M, Altemus K, Cepeda C, Cromwell H, Crawford C, Ariano M, et al. Modulatory actions of dopamine on NMDA receptor-mediated responses are reduced in D1A-deficient mutant mice. J Neurosci. 1996;16:5870-82 pubmed..The results provided evidence to support the hypothesis. In mutant mice, DA and D1 receptor agonists did not potentiate responses mediated by activation of NMDA receptors...
- Noble F, Cox B. Differences among mouse strains in the regulation by mu, delta 1 and delta 2 opioid receptors of striatal adenylyl cyclases activated by dopamine D1 or adenosine A2a receptors. Brain Res. 1996;716:107-17 pubmed..The results suggest probable differences in the specific neural locations of opioid receptor subtypes in certain inbred strains of mice with varying sensitivities to the behavioral effects of morphine. ..
- Fadok J, Dickerson T, Palmiter R. Dopamine is necessary for cue-dependent fear conditioning. J Neurosci. 2009;29:11089-97 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that DA acting on multiple receptor subtypes within multiple target regions facilitates the stabilization of fear memory. ..
- Hurlin P, Queva C, Koskinen P, Steingrimsson E, Ayer D, Copeland N, et al. Mad3 and Mad4: novel Max-interacting transcriptional repressors that suppress c-myc dependent transformation and are expressed during neural and epidermal differentiation. EMBO J. 1995;14:5646-59 pubmed
- Biezonski D, Trifilieff P, Meszaros J, Javitch J, Kellendonk C. Evidence for limited D1 and D2 receptor coexpression and colocalization within the dorsal striatum of the neonatal mouse. J Comp Neurol. 2015;523:1175-89 pubmed publisher..immunohistochemistry to map dorsal-striatal D1R and D2R expression at the promoter level in postnatal day 0 (PD0) Drd1a-tdTomato/Drd2-GFP BAC transgenic mice, and at the receptor level by costaining for native D1R and D2R in wildtype (..
- Hu Z, Oh E, Chung Y, Hong J, Oh K. Predominant D1 Receptors Involvement in the Over-expression of CART Peptides after Repeated Cocaine Administration. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;19:89-97 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that behavioral sensitization, CART over-expression and activated cAMP/PKA/pCREB signal pathways induced by repeated administration of cocaine could be more predominantly mediated by D1R. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Wang C, Xu Z, Liang Q, An L, et al. The Zinc Finger Transcription Factor Sp9 Is Required for the Development of Striatopallidal Projection Neurons. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1431-1444 pubmed publisher..RNA-seq and in situ hybridization reveal that Sp9 promotes expression of Adora2a, P2ry1, Gpr6, and Grik3 in the LGE and striatum. Thus, Sp9 is crucial for the generation, differentiation, and survival of striatopallidal MSNs. ..
- Liu Q, Shi J, Lin R, Wen T. Dopamine and dopamine receptor D1 associated with decreased social interaction. Behav Brain Res. 2017;324:51-57 pubmed publisher..Together, this study presents a new genetic mechanism that affects social interaction and may provide a new way to improve positive social interaction and treat autism spectrum disorders. ..
- Crawford C, Drago J, Watson J, Levine M. Effects of repeated amphetamine treatment on the locomotor activity of the dopamine D1A-deficient mouse. Neuroreport. 1997;8:2523-7 pubmed..PKA activity also varied depending on genotype, since amphetamine decreased PKA activity in control but not D1A-deficient mice. ..
- Cannon C, Scannell C, Palmiter R. Mice lacking dopamine D1 receptors express normal lithium chloride-induced conditioned taste aversion for salt but not sucrose. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:2600-4 pubmed..Food-deprived mice lacking the dopamine D1 receptor (D1r-/-) did not express a LiCl-induced (125 or 254 mg/kg) CTA to the sweet taste of 0...
- Lapointe N, Rouleau P, Ung R, Guertin P. Specific role of dopamine D1 receptors in spinal network activation and rhythmic movement induction in vertebrates. J Physiol. 2009;587:1499-511 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results clearly show in mice the existence of a role for D1 receptors in spinal network activation and corresponding rhythmic movement generation. ..
- Kobayashi T, Inoue I, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Watanabe T. Cloning, RNA expression, and chromosomal location of a mouse histamine H2 receptor gene. Genomics. 1996;37:390-4 pubmed..A weak expression was also detected in liver. An interspecific backcross analysis revealed that the mouse H2R gene, designated Hrh2, was located in the central region of chromosome 13. ..
- Bäckman C, Malik N, Zhang Y, Shan L, Grinberg A, Hoffer B, et al. Characterization of a mouse strain expressing Cre recombinase from the 3' untranslated region of the dopamine transporter locus. Genesis. 2006;44:383-90 pubmed..This knockin mouse can be used for generating tissue specific knockouts in mice carrying genes flanked by loxP sites, and will facilitate the analysis of gene function in dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Asada M, Ebihara S, Numachi Y, Okazaki T, Yamanda S, Ikeda K, et al. Reduced tumor growth in a mouse model of schizophrenia, lacking the dopamine transporter. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:511-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, DAT-/- mice had less D(1)R. Both pharmacological and genetic interruption of D(1)R showed inhibited tumor growth. These results suggest that modulation of the dopaminergic system may contribute to cancer therapy. ..
- Miner L, Drago J, Chamberlain P, Donovan D, Uhl G. Retained cocaine conditioned place preference in D1 receptor deficient mice. Neuroreport. 1995;6:2314-6 pubmedThe role of the D1 dopamine receptor subtype in mediating cocaine effects was examined in mice in which the D1 receptor gene had been ablated by homologous recombination...
- Ito M, Numachi Y, Ohara A, Sora I. Hyperthermic and lethal effects of methamphetamine: roles of dopamine D1 and D2 receptors. Neurosci Lett. 2008;438:327-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both D1 and D2 receptors play roles in the lethal toxic effects of methamphetamine, and mainly the D2 receptor is involved in the elevation of body temperature. ..
- Miller J, Tallarida R, Unterwald E. Inhibition of GSK3 attenuates dopamine D1 receptor agonist-induced hyperactivity in mice. Brain Res Bull. 2010;82:184-7 pubmed publisher..whether activation of GSK3 is necessary for the expression of behaviors specifically produced by dopamine D1 receptor activation...
- Chen R, Zhang Q, Duan X, York P, Chen G, Yin P, et al. The 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine (5hmC) Reader UHRF2 Is Required for Normal Levels of 5hmC in Mouse Adult Brain and Spatial Learning and Memory. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4533-4543 pubmed publisher..Together, our study supports UHRF2 as a bona fide 5hmC reader and further demonstrates a role for 5hmC in neuronal function. ..
- Gallardo C, Darvas M, Oviatt M, Chang C, Michalik M, Huddy T, et al. Dopamine receptor 1 neurons in the dorsal striatum regulate food anticipatory circadian activity rhythms in mice. elife. 2014;3:e03781 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that mice lacking the dopamine D1 receptor (D1R KO mice) manifest greatly reduced FAA, whereas mice lacking the dopamine D2 receptor have normal FAA...
- El Ghundi M, Fletcher P, Drago J, Sibley D, O Dowd B, George S. Spatial learning deficit in dopamine D(1) receptor knockout mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999;383:95-106 pubmed..These results indicate that D(1)-/- mice have a deficit in spatial learning without visual or motor impairment, suggesting that dopamine D(1) receptors are involved in at least one form of the cognitive processes. ..
- Thibault D, Loustalot F, Fortin G, Bourque M, Trudeau L. Evaluation of D1 and D2 dopamine receptor segregation in the developing striatum using BAC transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67219 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we crossed bacterial artificial chromosome drd1a-tdTomato and drd2-GFP reporter transgenic mice to characterize these models and estimate D1-D2 co-expression in ..
- Smardencas A, Rizkalla K, Kim H, Massalas J, O Leary C, Ehrlich M, et al. Phenotyping dividing cells in mouse models of neurodegenerative basal ganglia diseases. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:111 pubmed publisher..Cortical and striatal neurons that express the D1 dopamine receptor (Drd1a) degenerate in HD...
- Gamo N, Lur G, Higley M, Wang M, Paspalas C, Vijayraghavan S, et al. Stress Impairs Prefrontal Cortical Function via D1 Dopamine Receptor Interactions With Hyperpolarization-Activated Cyclic Nucleotide-Gated Channels. Biol Psychiatry. 2015;78:860-70 pubmed publisher..Stress impairs working memory via high levels of dopamine D1 receptor (D1R) activation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate signaling, which reduces PFC neuronal firing...
- Cui C, Xu M, Atzori M. Voltage-dependent block of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors by dopamine D1 receptor ligands. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:1761-70 pubmed..Our results suggest that the direct inhibition of NMDA receptors by dopamine D1 receptor ligands is due to the channel pore block rather than receptor-receptor interactions.
- Rataj Baniowska M, Niewiadomska Cimicka A, Paschaki M, Szyszka Niagolov M, Carramolino L, Torres M, et al. Retinoic Acid Receptor Î² Controls Development of Striatonigral Projection Neurons through FGF-Dependent and Meis1-Dependent Mechanisms. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14467-75 pubmed publisher..In Rarb(-/-) knock-out mice, concomitant reduction of Gad65, dopamine receptor D1 (Drd1), and substance P expression at different phases of prenatal development was associated with reduced number of Drd1-..
- King M, Bradshaw S, Chang A, Pintar J, Pasternak G. Potentiation of opioid analgesia in dopamine2 receptor knock-out mice: evidence for a tonically active anti-opioid system. J Neurosci. 2001;21:7788-92 pubmed..Thus, dopamine D(2) receptors represent an additional, significant modulatory system that inhibits analgesic responses to mu and kappa opioids. ..
- Benturquia N, Courtin C, Noble F, Marie Claire C. Involvement of D1 dopamine receptor in MDMA-induced locomotor activity and striatal gene expression in mice. Brain Res. 2008;1211:1-5 pubmed publisher..We used the selective D1 receptor antagonist, SCH23390 at a dose (0.05 mg/kg) that did not influence locomotor activity...
- Weissman J, Ma J, Essex A, Gao Y, Burstein E. G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated activation of rap GTPases: characterization of a novel Galphai regulated pathway. Oncogene. 2004;23:241-9 pubmed..A constitutively active mutant of Galphai2 also mediated Ras/rap-dependent responses. These data indicate that GPCRs coupled to pertussis-toxin-sensitive G-proteins activate Rap through a Galpha subunit, C3G, and Src-dependent pathway. ..
- Matthies H, Becker A, Schroeder H, Kraus J, Hollt V, Krug M. Dopamine D1-deficient mutant mice do not express the late phase of hippocampal long-term potentiation. Neuroreport. 1997;8:3533-5 pubmedThe possible involvement of the dopamine D1 receptor subtype in mechanisms of long-term potentiation (LTP) of the Schaffer collateral-commissural input of CA1 neurones was investigated using D1-deficient mutant mice...
- Kim H, Jiang L, Madsen H, Parish C, Massalas J, Smardencas A, et al. Resolving pathobiological mechanisms relating to Huntington disease: gait, balance, and involuntary movements in mice with targeted ablation of striatal D1 dopamine receptor cells. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;62:323-37 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic strategies would therefore need to target striatal D1 cells to ameliorate deficits especially when the clinical presentation is dominated by a bradykinetic/ataxic phenotype with involuntary movements. ..
- Yan Y, Jiang W, Liu L, Wang X, Ding C, Tian Z, et al. Dopamine controls systemic inflammation through inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome. Cell. 2015;160:62-73 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the neurotransmitter dopamine (DA) inhibits NLRP3 inflammasome activation via dopamine D1 receptor (DRD1)...
- Tomiyama K, McNamara F, Clifford J, Kinsella A, Drago J, Tighe O, et al. Phenotypic resolution of spontaneous and D1-like agonist-induced orofacial movement topographies in congenic dopamine D1A receptor 'knockout' mice. Neuropharmacology. 2002;42:644-52 pubmed
- Madisen L, Zwingman T, Sunkin S, Oh S, Zariwala H, Gu H, et al. A robust and high-throughput Cre reporting and characterization system for the whole mouse brain. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:133-40 pubmed publisher..Our expression data are displayed in a public online database to help researchers assess the utility of various Cre-driver lines for cell-type-specific genetic manipulation. ..
- Short J, Ledent C, Drago J, Lawrence A. Receptor crosstalk: characterization of mice deficient in dopamine D1 and adenosine A2A receptors. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31:525-34 pubmed..decreased in D1A2A receptor knockout mice, the reduction in ethanol consumption greater even than that seen in D1 receptor-deficient mice...
- Frederick A, Yano H, Trifilieff P, Vishwasrao H, Biezonski D, MÃ©szÃ¡ros J, et al. Evidence against dopamine D1/D2 receptor heteromers. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:1373-85 pubmed publisher..SKF83959-induced locomotor and grooming behaviors were eliminated in D1 receptor knockout (KO) mice, verifying a key role for D1-like receptor activation...
- Patrono E, Di Segni M, Patella L, Andolina D, Valzania A, Latagliata E, et al. When chocolate seeking becomes compulsion: gene-environment interplay. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120191 pubmed publisher..Finally, D2R upregulation and Î±1R downregulation in the striatum and medial prefrontal cortex, respectively, are potential neuroadaptive responses that parallel the shift from motivated to compulsive eating. ..
- Ting A Kee R, Mercuriano L, Vargas Perez H, George S, van der Kooy D. Dopamine D1 receptors are not critical for opiate reward but can mediate opiate memory retrieval in a state-dependent manner. Behav Brain Res. 2013;247:174-177 pubmed publisherAlthough D1 receptor knockout mice demonstrate normal morphine place preferences, antagonism of basolateral amygdala (BLA) D1 receptors only during drug-naive rat conditioning has been reported to inhibit the expression of a morphine ..
- Narayanan S, Lam H, Christian L, Levine M, Grandy D, Rubinstein M, et al. Endogenous opioids mediate basal hedonic tone independent of dopamine D-1 or D-2 receptor activation. Neuroscience. 2004;124:241-6 pubmed
- Wang H, Wu L, Kim S, Lee F, Gong B, Toyoda H, et al. FMRP acts as a key messenger for dopamine modulation in the forebrain. Neuron. 2008;59:634-47 pubmed publisher..AMPA glutamate receptor subtype 1 (GluR1) surface expression and phosphorylation in response to D1 receptor stimulation were reduced in cultured Fmr1(-/-) prefrontal cortex (PFC) neurons...
- Drago F, Contarino A, Busa L. The expression of neuropeptide-induced excessive grooming behavior in dopamine D1 and D2 receptor-deficient mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999;365:125-31 pubmed..In contrast with the behavioral deficit observed in dopamine D1 receptor-deficient mice, dopamine D2 receptor-null animals showed a normal expression of spontaneous novelty-induced ..
- Ren Z, Sun W, Jiao H, Zhang D, Kong H, Wang X, et al. Dopamine D1 and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors and extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediate neuronal morphological changes induced by repeated cocaine administration. Neuroscience. 2010;168:48-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that dopamine D1 and NMDA receptors and ERK contribute significantly to neuronal morphological changes induced by repeated exposure to cocaine. ..