Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dpysl3
Description: dihydropyrimidinase-like 3
Alias: CRMP-4, DRP-3, TUC4, ULIP-1, Ulip, Ulip1, dihydropyrimidinase-related protein 3, collapsin response mediator protein 4, unc-33-like phosphoprotein 1
- Wang L, Ohishi T, Shiraki A, Morita R, Akane H, Ikarashi Y, et al. Developmental exposure to manganese chloride induces sustained aberration of neurogenesis in the hippocampal dentate gyrus of mice. Toxicol Sci. 2012;127:508-21 pubmed publisher..On PND 21, transcript levels increased with Reln and its receptor gene Lrp8 and decreased with Dpysl3 coding TUC4 in the dentate gyrus, confirming immunohistochemical results...
- Marques J, Rodrigues R, Valbuena S, Rozas J, Selak S, Marin P, et al. CRMP2 tethers kainate receptor activity to cytoskeleton dynamics during neuronal maturation. J Neurosci. 2013;33:18298-310 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that noncanonical KAR signaling influences neuronal development by modulating CRMP2 activity. ..
- Byk T, Dobransky T, Cifuentes Diaz C, Sobel A. Identification and molecular characterization of Unc-33-like phosphoprotein (Ulip), a putative mammalian homolog of the axonal guidance-associated unc-33 gene product. J Neurosci. 1996;16:688-701 pubmed..as well as its localization in neurites and growth cones and at the neuromuscular junction, further indicates that Ulip (for Unc-33-like phosphoprotein) is not only a structural but likely is also a functional mammalian homolog of Unc-..
- Byk T, Ozon S, Sobel A. The Ulip family phosphoproteins--common and specific properties. Eur J Biochem. 1998;254:14-24 pubmed..phosphoproteins implicated in the regulation of neuronal differentiation led to the identification of Ulip1, a mammalian protein related to the Caenorhabditis elegans unc-33 gene product [Byk, T., Dobransky, T...
- Liu Z, Martin L. Olfactory bulb core is a rich source of neural progenitor and stem cells in adult rodent and human. J Comp Neurol. 2003;459:368-91 pubmed..BrdU-positive cells were immunolabeled for nestin and TUC4, a marker for early postmitotic neurons...
- Gaetano C, Matsuo T, Thiele C. Identification and characterization of a retinoic acid-regulated human homologue of the unc-33-like phosphoprotein gene (hUlip) from neuroblastoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:12195-201 pubmed..Because the predicted 570 amino acid sequence of 7G1 shares 98% identity with the murine Ulip gene product, an unc-33-like-phosphoprotein, we refer to 7G1 as the human Ulip (hUlip)...
- Abdallah B, Figeac F, Larsen K, Ditzel N, Keshari P, Isa A, et al. CRMP4 Inhibits Bone Formation by Negatively Regulating BMP and RhoA Signaling. J Bone Miner Res. 2017;32:913-926 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify CRMP4 as a novel negative regulator of osteoblast differentiation. Â© 2016 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. ..
- Nagai J, Takaya R, Piao W, Goshima Y, Ohshima T. Deletion of Crmp4 attenuates CSPG-induced inhibition of axonal growth and induces nociceptive recovery after spinal cord injury. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2016;74:42-8 pubmed publisher..b>Collapsin response mediator protein 4 (CRMP4) is known to directly regulate cytoskeletal dynamics and neurite extension, while ..
- Tsutiya A, Watanabe H, Nakano Y, Nishihara M, Goshima Y, Ohtani Kaneko R. Deletion of collapsin response mediator protein 4 results in abnormal layer thickness and elongation of mitral cell apical dendrites in the neonatal olfactory bulb. J Anat. 2016;228:792-804 pubmed publisherb>Collapsin response mediator protein 4 (CRMP4), a member of the CRMP family, is involved in the pathogenesis of neurodevelopmental disorders such as schizophrenia and autism...
- Sharma P, Abbasi C, Lazic S, Teng A, Wang D, Dubois N, et al. Evolutionarily conserved intercalated disc protein Tmem65 regulates cardiac conduction and connexin 43 function. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8391 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the membrane protein Tmem65 is an intercalated disc protein that interacts with and functionally regulates ventricular Cx43. ..
- Nagai J, Kitamura Y, Owada K, Yamashita N, Takei K, Goshima Y, et al. Crmp4 deletion promotes recovery from spinal cord injury by neuroprotection and limited scar formation. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8269 pubmed publisher..Here we identified collapsin response mediator protein 4 (CRMP4), a common mediator of inhibitory signals after neural injury, as a crucial factor that ..
- Khazaei M, Girouard M, Alchini R, Ong Tone S, Shimada T, Bechstedt S, et al. Collapsin response mediator protein 4 regulates growth cone dynamics through the actin and microtubule cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30133-43 pubmed publisher..Together, this study identified a dual role for CRMP4 in regulating the actin and microtubule growth cone cytoskeleton. ..
- McIntyre J, Titlow W, McClintock T. Axon growth and guidance genes identify nascent, immature, and mature olfactory sensory neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:3243-56 pubmed publisher..Intracellular guidance cue signaling transcripts Ablim1, Crmp1, Dypsl2, Dpysl3, Dpysl5, Gap43, Marcskl1, and Stmn1-4 were specific to, or much more abundant in, the immature OSN layer...
- Fukada M, Watakabe I, Yuasa Kawada J, Kawachi H, Kuroiwa A, Matsuda Y, et al. Molecular characterization of CRMP5, a novel member of the collapsin response mediator protein family. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:37957-65 pubmed..This indicates that different complexes may have distinct functions in shaping the neural networks. ..
- Gao X, Pang J, Li L, Liu W, Di J, Sun Q, et al. Expression profiling identifies new function of collapsin response mediator protein 4 as a metastasis-suppressor in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2010;29:4555-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, in this study, we show new function of CRMP4 as a metastasis-suppressor in PCa. The findings provide new mechanistic insights into metastasis and therapeutic potential for this most common male cancer. ..
- Auvergnon N, Reibel S, Touret M, Honnorat J, Baron T, Giraudon P, et al. Altered expression of CRMPs in the brain of bovine spongiform encephalopathy-infected mice during disease progression. Brain Res. 2009;1261:1-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether our findings picked out originally CRMPs, and especially CRMP4, as potential contributors to prion pathogenesis. ..
- Inagaki H, Kato Y, Hamajima N, Nonaka M, Sasaki M, Eimoto T. Differential expression of dihydropyrimidinase-related protein genes in developing and adult enteric nervous system. Histochem Cell Biol. 2000;113:37-41 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that DRPs were differentially expressed in the mouse and human intestines, supporting the results of ISH. These data suggest that DRPs play a role not only in the CNS but also in the ENS. ..
- Niisato E, Nagai J, Yamashita N, Nakamura F, Goshima Y, Ohshima T. Phosphorylation of CRMP2 is involved in proper bifurcation of the apical dendrite of hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons. Dev Neurobiol. 2013;73:142-51 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CRMP2 and CRMP4 synergistically regulate dendritic development, and CRMP2 phosphorylation is critical for proper bifurcation of apical dendrite of CA1 pyramidal neurons. ..
- Zhou W, Xie P, Pang M, Yang B, Fang Y, Shu T, et al. Upregulation of CRMP4, a new prostate cancer metastasis suppressor gene, inhibits tumor growth in a nude mouse intratibial injection model. Int J Oncol. 2015;46:290-8 pubmed publisher..Our previous study showed collapsin response mediator protein 4 (CRMP4) gene inhibited prostate cancer migration and invasion...
- Tsutiya A, Ohtani Kaneko R. Postnatal alteration of collapsin response mediator protein 4 mRNA expression in the mouse brain. J Anat. 2012;221:341-51 pubmed publisherb>Collapsin response mediator protein 4 (CRMP4) is a molecular marker for immature neurons but only limited information is available on the spatiotemporal gene expression changes of Crmp4 in the developing rodent...
- Tonouchi A, Nagai J, Togashi K, Goshima Y, Ohshima T. Loss of collapsin response mediator protein 4 suppresses dopaminergic neuron death in an 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine-induced mouse model of Parkinson's disease. J Neurochem. 2016;137:795-805 pubmed publisher..Recently, we demonstrated that the deletion of collapsin response mediator protein 4 (CRMP4) suppresses inflammatory responses and cell death in a mouse model of spinal cord injury, ..
- Takaya R, Nagai J, Piao W, Niisato E, Nakabayashi T, Yamazaki Y, et al. CRMP1 and CRMP4 are required for proper orientation of dendrites of cerebral pyramidal neurons in the developing mouse brain. Brain Res. 2017;1655:161-167 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CRMP1 and CRMP4 regulate proper orientation of the basal dendrites of layer V neurons in the cerebral cortex. ..
- Lin C, Hansen S, Wang Z, Storm D, Tapscott S, Olson J. The dosage of the neuroD2 transcription factor regulates amygdala development and emotional learning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14877-82 pubmed..key molecular regulators of emotional learning were diminished in the brains of neuroD2 heterozygotes including Ulip1, alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptor, and GABA(A) receptor...
- Blasco H, Bernard Marissal N, Vourc H P, Guettard Y, Sunyach C, Augereau O, et al. A rare motor neuron deleterious missense mutation in the DPYSL3 (CRMP4) gene is associated with ALS. Hum Mutat. 2013;34:953-60 pubmed publisherThe dihydropyrimidinase-like 3 (DPYSL3) or Collapsin Response Mediator Protein 4a (CRMP4a) expression is modified in neurodegeneration and is involved in several ALS-associated pathways including axonal transport, glutamate excitotoxicity,..
- Miller B, Zeier Z, Xi L, Lanz T, Deng S, Strathmann J, et al. MicroRNA-132 dysregulation in schizophrenia has implications for both neurodevelopment and adult brain function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3125-30 pubmed publisher..Several key genes, including DNMT3A, GATA2, and DPYSL3, are regulated by miR-132 and exhibited altered expression either during normal neurodevelopment or in tissue from ..